• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
List Price: $25.00
Price: $17.99
Deal Price: $14.95
You Save: $10.05 (40%)

In Stock.

• Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
  • Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
  • Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
  • Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
  • Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies

This is the lowest price offered at Amazon, according to pricing history.

link 

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

LifeStraw Personal Water Filter (3.51kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Good reviews - 4.6/5 stars with 1055 reviews. 

rated:
Been meaning to get something to purify water to keep just in case of emergency. This fit the bill perfectly. Thank you... wish I could get more than 1!

rated:
I guess they are getting a run for their money from this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBGCGOQ/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_d...

rated:
serenity22 said:   I guess they are getting a run for their money from this guy:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FBGCGOQ

Yep, from what I've read the Sawyer Mini seems more versatile: you can squeeze the pouch instead of constantly sucking a straw, it works as a gravity filter, it fits most water bottles, and filters to 0.1 micron vs LifeStraw's 0.2 micron.  Sawyer is supposed to last longer also.

rated:
Also available for the same price from altatac via eBay: LINK.

rated:
The main difference between this and the Sawyer (other than price, size, output, convenience, etc.) is that with the Sawyer, you need a "clean" water source. With this, you can drink out of mud and contaminated water. I have used both in my trips to third world countries, and for hiking in the USA. Since there is mostly "clean" water available everywhere, mostly the Sawyer wins out for size and convenience.

rated:
serenity22 said:   The main difference between this and the Sawyer (other than price, size, output, convenience, etc.) is that with the Sawyer, you need a "clean" water source. With this, you can drink out of mud and contaminated water. I have used both in my trips to third world countries, and for hiking in the USA. Since there is mostly "clean" water available everywhere, mostly the Sawyer wins out for size and convenience.
  I'm curious to know what you are basing it on, that the Sawyer needs a 'cleaner' water source compared to the LifeStraw.  The product instructions?   As I understand they use the same hollow fiber membrane filter technology, and the Sawyer filters to half the micron size.  I would suspect if the Sawyer requires a 'cleaner' water source compared to the LifeStraw it is probably either a recommendation for the longevity of the filter, or for product liability issues.

rated:
I am not sure if this still happens, but the lifestraw used to be known for easy clogging, even in relatively clean (visually) water...

SteveG

rated:
Fatwallet had it a wile back for $17.95

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1298301/

rated:
It's $17.99 now...

rated:
How do u get it for the 14.95 price? the link says 17.99.

rated:
Deal expired, it is 17.99 now.

rated:
ébay link above still shows $14.99 last I checked...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014