• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

starbucks
Disclaimer
CardCash has the $100 Starbucks Gift Card on sale for $78.90 - 5% Off coupon code "USA5" = $74.95 + Free Shipping.

Note: Starbucks cards sold on merchant site cannot be transferred onto personal Starbucks cards or accounts.

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Gift Card Rescue has them for $76.  Just bought one this week.  Other than taking 2 days to receive an electronic gift card code, I had no problems. Applied it to my Starbucks account as soon as I got it.

And, I have purchased cards from them previously, also without problems.

wantonsoup said:   AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Cardcash_com
  Is that correct, the seller is a scammer?
Does
Starbucks stand behind the offer?

RE:
Applied it to my Starbucks account as soon as I got it.

I do not get that reply, if it is a gift card cant it just be used at the store?
What account are you referring to?

yesidonoitall said:   RE:

I do not get that reply, if it is a gift card cant it just be used at the store?

He probably transferred it to his gold card or the card stored on his phone. At least that is what I do.

But it is not really required, just cutting down the # of cards you have to keep track of.

Myself I would never patronize starbuks.
However on of my sons family does, he got his not so smarts from his mother.
So I have no idea even what a gold card is.....

There is as much chance of these cards being good or bad (bad meaning purchased with a stolen CC) as there are purchasing them off eBay. Off eBay I have been getting 35-40% off regularly. Over the last year or so I have bought many of them, most recently a $220 card for $140. So far, to date, ONE was closed by SB's (and eBay refunded my money).

My bet is at anything over 10% off the price, the original owner (not the re-seller) bought them with stolen credit cards as there is no way there are so many out there at 20%-40%+ off with all of them being e-Gifts. The ones that send actual cards simply take their code numbers into SB's and transfer the funds to a physical card. I have spoken with a couple SB managers and he said, from what he has been hearing, he'd bet 99.9% of them from ANY seller originate from stolen CC numbers.

The places that RESELL them like RAISE, CARDCASH etc have no way to verify them and rarely even handle them. For example, Raise.com is just an intermediary and never see the item (like eBay) and the actual "owner" of the card is the one who mails it to you.

At 30-40% off SB's really isn't expensive.

Bottom line is, if you are willing to take a chance and save more $$$ buy 'em off eBay. eBay's buyer protection is quite good.

Some6uy008 said:   
yesidonoitall said:   RE:

He probably transferred it to his gold card or the card stored on his phone. At least that is what I do.

Exactly- added to my primary gold card. Website was not working properly, so called Starbucks. They said site was having problems so did it on the phone.  No problem - even checked my account on the iPhone app while still on the line and my balance went up by $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014