• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Just in time for the 4th, a great deal on a rocket and launch pad   The kit is on sale for $19.99. Use coupon code FIREWORKS at Michaels.com to bring price to $16.99 plus tax.  Free ship-to-store.  You can also buy in store for same price with the available-in-store 15% off coupon.

LINK 

Michaels
See Michaels coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Estes Model Rocket Launch kit (19.70kB)
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Michaels Coupons:
    2DAYSFS
    Free shipping on any order (expires 9/17/14 12:59am)
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I remember building these as a kid. Still surprised these are still legal. Every kid should have one. It's the most fun I've ever had learning about science.

rated:
Thanks!!

rated:
Sold Separately: "Requires rocket engine, igniters, recovery wadding and 4 AA batteries".
~$15 for 3-engines with igniters, and a pack of wadding.

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XFnjQtgIg

rated:
cheepoh said:   You can also buy in store for same price with the available-in-store 15% off coupon.

Why not buy in store with the nearly weekly 40% off coupon?  Or use HL 40% off since Michael's accepts competitor coupon.  

rated:
labboypro said:     
Why not buy in store with the nearly weekly 40% off coupon?  Or use HL 40% off since Michael's accepts competitor coupon.  

15% is good on sale prices.
40% off is good on "Regular Priced" merchandise only.  That's why the 40% off is running every week.. Hard to find something at Michael's that's NOT on sale.

rated:
labboypro said:   
cheepoh said:   You can also buy in store for same price with the available-in-store 15% off coupon.

'Cause no FatCash, that's why. 

rated:
BizE said:   I remember building these as a kid. Still surprised these are still legal. Every kid should have one. It's the most fun I've ever had learning about science.
  Same here - I might get this to teach my kids (that is my excuse anyway). Thanks OP

rated:
So, I'm not clear here; almost everything you need means "except for engine, igniters, ect.", totaling almost the price of the package that you're buying??

rated:
Wondering if Jetex fuses are still available?
They are the best for lighting off these rockets.

rated:
irobot said:   So, I'm not clear here; almost everything you need means "except for engine, igniters, ect.", totaling almost the price of the package that you're buying??
    That's like complaining $1.99/lb is no good for new york strip because you have to buy a fork and knife to eat it with.   Use the 40% coupon to buy some engines and igniters at Michaels, or just buy a bulk pack on Amazon.  To really get the most from your money, use toilet paper for the recovery wadding!

rated:
cheepoh, said:      To really get the most from your money, use toilet paper for the recovery wadding!
As long as you don't mind your rocket burning up or your parachute melting.
If you want to use TP you have to soak it in Borax first.  You can also use blown in insulation as an alternative.

rated:
cheepoh said:   
irobot said:   So, I'm not clear here; almost everything you need means "except for engine, igniters, ect.", totaling almost the price of the package that you're buying??
    That's like complaining $1.99/lb is no good for new york strip because you have to buy a fork and knife to eat it with.   Use the 40% coupon to buy some engines and igniters at Michaels, or just buy a bulk pack on Amazon.  To really get the most from your money, use toilet paper for the recovery wadding!

My next car cant wait to find a "almost ready to run, just needs engine."

rated:

When I was a kid, I'm pretty sure the starter kit came with a 3 pack of engines. It also cost $20 when the minimum wage was less than $2.
Perhaps Estes wants the kit to be mailable so they leave out the ORM-D material?

I thought $0.50-2.00 (depending on size) was steep for an engine back then.
Are they $2.50-$10 each now?

rated:
Good news is that kit price (without the coupon) has dropped to $12.99. The bad news is that it is currently out of stock.

rated:
From the Target clearance thread - thanks SecondGunman. Hope it can help with the engines.

Estes Taser model rocket - 087 05 0304 - Was $22, Now $11
Estes model rocket engine C6-5, 087 05 0307 - Was $10, Now $7
Estes model rocket engine B6-4, 087 05 0307 - Was $10, Now $7

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014