• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more
Disclaimer

Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more
Disclaimer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Com...

Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2GHz LGA, Retail package with fan/HS
Plus
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H, mATX motherboard with HDMI and DVI outputs and 4x DDR3 slots (many mATX MBs only have 2).
for $144.98 - $60 Combo discount = $84.98 - $10 MIR†= $74.98 (Shoprunner free shipping)

Not the latest 1150 MB chipset, or one best for overclocking, but getting both for close to the price for the CPU alone makes for a great value.† Free shipping with Shoprunner.

UPDATE:† G3258 + Gigabyte B85 combo is sold out....

They have yet another combo up, for anyone looking for more of a mainstream gaming system.

Intel Core i5-4690K
Plus
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA 1150 ATX MB
$374.98 - $80 combo discount = $294.98

A couple of other combos Tilt pointed out:

$71.68 GIGABYTE GA-H81M-DS2V LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646G3258

$89.98 MSI B85-G43 GAMING LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard [possible overclocker?]
Intel Pentium G3258 Haswell Dual-Core 3.2GHz LGA 1150 Desktop Processor BX80646G3258

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thumbs way up for this. The motherboard isn't great, but you could sell it on eBay for 40ish, and pick up a heck of a processor (when overclocked) for 35 bucks or so.

Most reviews I've read for this processor got 4.5+ the overclock, and at that speed, in many games it gives even i5 processors a run for their money.

Use this as the base for a super budget gaming rig, and you're going to be able to play most 1080p games out there on high settings for < 400 bucks

sold out. was there for a while, but not much response here on FW.

They have yet another combo up, for anyone looking for more of a mainstream gaming system.
†Intel Core i5-4690K
Plus
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA 1150 ATX MB

$374.98 - $80 combo discount = $294.98

Main combo is Out of stock, but some of the other non-Z non-overclocking board(!) combos are still available.
The Z97 overclockers board got most of the attention, but these are still great deals.

BIOS update might be needed for some of then to work with the latest chips.

$71.68 GIGABYTE GA-H81M-DS2V LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

$89.98 MSI B85-G43 GAMING LGA 1150 Intel B85 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard [possible overclocker?]

been watching these oombo deals for some time, but very leery of their disclaimer:

Newegg.com cannot guarantee the compatibility of Combo items. Please contact the manufacturer(s) directly if you have issues or concerns regarding compatibility. I even sent email to confirm/question this=true.

UKtour said:   been watching these oombo deals for some time, but very leery of their disclaimer:

Newegg.com cannot guarantee the compatibility of Combo items. Please contact the manufacturer(s) directly if you have issues or concerns regarding compatibility. I even sent email to confirm/question this=true.

They're just covering their asses.† You really don't have anything to worry about.... except for the odd occasion when you need to update motherboard BIOS to recognize a newer CPU.... which might be a pain without a working CPU to use for the update first.

Tilt said:   Main combo is Out of stock, but some of the other non-Z non-overclocking board(!) combos are still available.
The Z97 overclockers board got most of the attention, but these are still great deals.

BIOS update might be needed for some of then to work with the latest chips.

††Thanks, I like the gaming combo with the full size board better anyways !!!

Not a 100% sure on this main deal board but keep in mind many B85 and H87 boards can overclock K-CPU's. It was loophole in the bioses that Intel has since fixed with the 9 series chipsets. Currently running a 4770k at 4.3ghz on a cheap ECS H87 board FWIW.

slappyhooper said:   Thumbs way up for this. The motherboard isn't great, but you could sell it on eBay for 40ish, and pick up a heck of a processor (when overclocked) for 35 bucks or so.

Most reviews I've read for this processor got 4.5+ the overclock, and at that speed, in many games it gives even i5 processors a run for their money.

Use this as the base for a super budget gaming rig, and you're going to be able to play most 1080p games out there on high settings for < 400 bucks

††I think†a video card would contribute far more to success with†the high settings...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014