• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Dohm-DS (149.48kB)
Disclaimer
Marpac Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner - $33.99 + Shipping @ Amazon 

• Uses air to make noise canceling white noise.
  • 3 Colors: White, Black, Fog (creme/off white)
  • 2 Speeds
  • Adjustable vents for volume customization
  • 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.2 inches ; 1.6 pounds
  • Made in USA

4.4 / 5 stars with 4249 customer reviews

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just came to post this! I've never seen it for less than $49.99 on Amazon, though it was $46 for just a day or two within the past year. It's always the top-rated and best-selling white noise machine on the site. Nice that it comes in black now as well.

rated:
I have two of these, and I never travel without it! This price is a steal, and the color options are nice too. Used to just come in beige. Great product.

rated:
These are excellent, I've used one for years as a white noise machine to gently drown out distractions.

rated:
Alright, I'm sold. In for one to try at the office. Some of my co-worker(s) might actually find this useful.

rated:
all three colors ship for free with prime.

eta: ive been using this product for the past twenty five years (i believe it used to be branded "sleepmate") and as a very light sleeper ive found that it greatly enhances my ability to both fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. as stated by a couple members above this is an outstanding product for a great price. if you have difficulty sleeping i highly recommend you give this white noise machine the old college try; you can always return the unit for free if you find it isnt beneficial for you.

rated:
Or even without Prime.

rated:
Great find. Thanks.

rated:
i absolutely love mine

rated:
GWBush said:   Alright, I'm sold. In for one to try at the office. Some of my co-worker(s) might actually find this useful.
  How do people use it in office, with headset? Any drowsy effect from it?

rated:
garycook said:   
GWBush said:   Alright, I'm sold. In for one to try at the office. Some of my co-worker(s) might actually find this useful.

good questions!

if youre allowed to use a personal fan in your office space you shouldnt experience any issues using this unit; fans and white noise machines can sound very similar if not indistinguishable.

in terms of drowsiness you might find yourself more alert, composed and productive as minor background noise disturbances will largely become a thing of the past.

rated:
Great price, been putting off getting one but now I'm IN!

rated:
jeffwastaken said:   
garycook said:   

good questions!

if youre allowed to use a personal fan in your office space you shouldnt experience any issues using this unit; fans and white noise machines can sound very similar if not indistinguishable.

in terms of drowsiness you might find yourself more alert, composed and productive as minor background noise disturbances will largely become a thing of the past.

Thanks for sharing. I have been playing background sound (music etc.) from my desktop in office to cover up noises, and white noise or natural sound from phone app to soothe my baby in bedroom. With abundant such resources nowadays, I am just curious if this device is still justified. 

rated:
Great deal

rated:
So this is just a fan that doesn't blow air. Why didn't I think of that?

rated:
Great price for a great product. My wife and I both sleep better with it.

rated:
Surprisingly, there was one of these on the clearance shelf at my local Target for $10. Picked it up yesterday. This is still a great deal at $39.

rated:
Been sleeping with a fan on for... ever. It's one of the largest crutches I've offered myself in my life, but it's worth it because, you know, sleep is like cool and stuff.

With that being said, I can't *wait* to see how cracked out and dependent I become on this thing!!!

On a serious note I'll be traveling for a week+ in about two months; I expect this machine to definitely help out the sleep situation while I'm on the road.

Good time for a good goldbox.

rated:
garycook said:   
jeffwastaken said:   
garycook said:   

good questions!

Thanks for sharing. I have been playing background sound (music etc.) from my desktop in office to cover up noises, and white noise or natural sound from phone app to soothe my baby in bedroom. With abundant such resources nowadays, I am just curious if this device is still justified. 

From what I was reading about these the advantage of using something like this or a fan is that it is a real white noise instead of a digital white noise.  Some people notice the difference and prefer the real noise others don't seem to notice any difference.  So I'd say if you can get by with digital white noise then you are in luck!  This is also a little bit adjustable whereas, I have never used the apps so I can't speak to their adjustability / customizability.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014