VII: The Backbone of Night 
VIII: Travels In Space and Time
IX: The Lives Of the Stars
X: The Edge Of Forever
XI: The Persistence Of Memory
XII: Encyclopedia Galactica
XIII: Who Speaks For Earth?

4.8 / 5 stars with 416 customer reviews

This is the lowest price ever from Amazon for this collection. Compare with $69.99 from Best Buy and $65.59 from Walmart.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

st4rstuff (248.29kB)
Disclaimer
Carl Sagan is the best.

Space is the best.

Cosmos is the best.

I am all about this deal. 

rated:
Best price ever on Amazon according to the camelizer.

rated:
/me checks if it's streaming on prime

...it does...for $2/episode (cue sad trombone)

aw, i gotta pay to get my learn on

rated:
Xenocrates said:   Cosmos: Carl Sagan 

The watchable one.

rated:
labboypro said:   
Xenocrates said:   Cosmos: Carl Sagan 

The watchable one.

You are not a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson?  I haven't seen the new one yet but I was gonna give it a chance.  He was good in the early season of The Universe. The later seasons got progressively more poorly made and rehashed.

rated:
In for one...thanks OP!

rated:
This is special edition, not the original as first aired.

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Xenocrates said:   
You are not a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson? 

Aside from the futility of even trying to follow in the brilliant Carl Sagan's footsteps, no.  Tyson strikes me as a manufactured character, like "boy bands" and the Kardashian/Real Housewives crowd... trying to parlay his relatively mundane scientific life into "science-y celebrity personality," much like just about everyone else we see on TV today (like CUNY's Michio Kaku, and others have done... including Hawking, though I believe he can be excused somewhat because of his genius).

/2 cents

rated:
labboypro said:   
Xenocrates said:   

Aside from the futility of even trying to follow in the brilliant Carl Sagan's footsteps, no.  Tyson strikes me as a manufactured character, like "boy bands" and the Kardashian/Real Housewives crowd... trying to parlay his relatively mundane scientific life into "science-y celebrity personality," much like just about everyone else we see on TV today (like CUNY's Michio Kaku, and others have done... including Hawking, though I believe he can be excused somewhat because of his genius).

/2 cents

He is awesome when he isn't scripted, but in the series it seems like he is just reading from a teleprompter. The dialog seems forced, and not natural at all.

rated:
labboypro said:   
Xenocrates said:   

/2 cents

As far as I know, this is the first time I have heard Neil deGrasse Tyson compared to boy bands and Kim Kardashian.

rated:
Since this was shot on film, what are the chances of getting a Blu-ray release?

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
As far as I know, this is the first time I have heard Neil deGrasse Tyson compared to boy bands and Kim Kardashian.

It's just an analog for manufactured celebrity.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014