• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Mobil 1 112796 10W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil - 5 Quart
Disclaimer

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I don't have any bottles to check, and WalMart.com doesn't show the back panel, but the fronts (conventional and synthet... (more)

larrymoencurly (Jul. 17, 2014 @ 2:21a) |

Nonsense.  Most items specifically made for WalMart are sold under their private labels (such as George in men's clothin... (more)

louamo (Jul. 17, 2014 @ 8:58a) |

Currently unavailable

awhite3 (Jul. 17, 2014 @ 2:30p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, GreenTrash!

Same price at WalMart, just picked some up last weekend. Many blends and flavors.

Mobil 1 (112799) 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil - 5 Quart also at same price

TheRatsWon said:   Same price at WalMart, just picked some up last weekend. Many blends and flavors.
  Your WalMart has a great price, it's $25.17 at all of mine. Also, some may be able to get this tax free from Amazon.

edit: indeed WalMart has rolled this back. fantastic price.

The 55-gallon drum is also available with free Prime shipping. 

Go Big

jimbocobb said:   The 55-gallon drum is also available with free Prime shipping. 

Go Big

Yeah but it's $9 a quart that way!

So, I should just order 220 quarts for $997 instead of the 55 gallon drum for $2,064! Thanks!

Shipping time is terrible on these. But good pricing on oil.

Not sure if what is listed is true about shipping-

Price: $22.66
Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.

WalMart price in store 22.66 just bought some on monday.it is a price rollback.

brianamato said:   Shipping time is terrible on these. But good pricing on oil.
  It's prime shipping, 2 days shipping if you are prime member.

sinu said:   Not sure if what is listed is true about shipping-

Price: $22.66
Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.

It's nonsense. I had some rotors and an oil filter shipped Super Saver from Amazon that said it would take something like 4 to 8 weeks.  I received them a week after ordering.

Thanks!  I don't need the oil for another few months, plus buying from Amazon allowed me to purchase some add-on items and earn reward points with the Amazon credit card..  I added the Armor All 64 oz wash & wax for $4.50:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GJ9K8C/ref=oh_details_o00_s...

It costs me about $4-5 in gas to make a trip to WalMart so Amazon is usually a better deal for me.

They also have the 5w-30 Synthetic at the same price right now. ManFromEast is right about not having to pay taxes in many states, plus those of us with the Amazon Chase Visa are getting a little bit sweeter deal! I went ahead and ordered one 10w-30 for my SUV for the warm months since it's burning/leaking a little, and then I ordered one of the 5w-30 for the winter. While I was at it, went ahead and bout the 2 pack of the Mobil 1 Extended Performance filters for $24.36. All told, works out to 2 oil changes with premium full synth and filter for under $35 apiece.

Here’s a direct link to the 5W-30. Shipping time says 3-6 weeks.

what's the difference between all 3 different lines of mobile 1?

$22 at WalMart. No deal.

I recently picked up a 6 quart box of Mobil 1 at Costco for about $25 net of the $10 off per coupon book. Costco has this every few months.

TheRatsWon said:   Same price at WalMart, just picked some up last weekend. Many blends and flavors.
  Including their Advanced Fuel Saving and Extended Performance blends. This is just regular synthetic.

I believe it's on sale at Costco...6 quarter for maybe $27 or something? If you don't want to wait or won't be home to get the delivery.

louamo said:   I recently picked up a 6 quart box of Mobil 1 at Costco for about $25 net of the $10 off per coupon book. Costco has this every few months.
I usually pick up a case or two when they have the sale.  Recommend if you buy this for an older car, use a quart of  Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer (Link) in the place of one quart to prevent engine gaskets from leaking or engine from using any oil.  I do this with both my high mileage Jeep Liberty and higher mileage Volvo S70.  Molecules with Mobil 1 are smaller than normal oil.

0w-40 5 quart jugs at WalMart makes me happy for about ~22

Mobil1 motor oil from WalMart is made specifically for WalMart. Look at the bottle and it will say so. There are many reports saying Wal-Mart mobil1 oil arent up to par with one you might buy from pepboys

thaster88 said:   Mobil1 motor oil from WalMart is made specifically for WalMart. Look at the bottle and it will say so. There are many reports saying Wal-Mart mobil1 oil arent up to par with one you might buy from pepboys
Somehow I kind of doubt that Mobil1 would allow or intentionally sell a product with their name that was subpar when compared with other retailers.  Unless someone has done some sort of chemical analysis of it, I'd probably ignore such reports.

thaster88 said:   Mobil1 motor oil from WalMart is made specifically for WalMart. Look at the bottle and it will say so. There are many reports saying Wal-Mart mobil1 oil arent up to par with one you might buy from pepboys

Mobil Oil Co. said: Question: Is the Mobil 1 Sold in Jugs at Wal-Mart the Same Quality as the Product in Quart Bottles Sold Elsewhere?
I have a question about the 5-quart Mobil 1 jugs I buy at WalMart. Is the oil in the 5-quart Mobil 1 5W-30 jugs the exact same oil that is in the 1-quart containers sold elsewhere? I ask because I have heard that the WalMart gets a cheaper formulation made to their specs in order to allow them to sell for less and you do not get the same quality of oil when you buy it. When I compared the labeling on the 1-quart containers at Advance Auto Parts to the 5-quart jug I got at Wal-Mart, I noticed that the 1-quart container says ACEA A1/A5 B1/B5 and the 5-quart does not say ACEA at all. Both have the HTO-06 and are, I believe, both API SN and ILSAC GF-5. Frankly, I doubt that any company would risk their reputation by packaging a different product for a chain store under the same name but I thought I would ask. -- Paul Sceva, Plainfield, IL

Answer: You are right, the formulation and quality level of our motor oils are the same wherever the product name is the same, regardless of the package size in which it is sold. The difference in ACEA claims you are referring to sounds unfamiliar to us. Was it the exact same product in both cases?

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/D...

Wal mart also carries 0w20, 0w30 & 0w40 for what that is worth.

Autozone will price match, from my experience.

If you have autozone rewards 5 $20 purchases, will get you a $20 free credit.

It sounds good.

I would bite, but I have hoarded enough synthetic motor oil to last me through the Apocalypse.

us said:   what's the difference between all 3 different lines of mobile 1?

For regular Mobil1, ExxonMobil warrants your engine if you change it at least every 10,000 miles or 12 months, even if the vehicle manufacturer recommends more frequent changes:  http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Warran...

For Mobil1 Extended Performance oil, the interval is longer, 15,000 miles/12 months:  http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Extend...

I don't know what the warranty is for Mobil1 High Mileage, but ExxonMobil says it contains more than normal amounts of cleaning additive and more anti-wear additive, and it contains something to make the rubber seals swell up:  http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_High_M... .  If your engine leaks even the slightest when running conventional oil, seriously consider Mobil1 High Mileage over other synthetics  or the engine may drip a tablespoon a week, even if the synthetic has a higher viscosity than the conventional oil.  This happened to me when I switched my Nissan Frontier from 5W-30 conventional to 100% synthetic 10W-30, but after I switched back to conventional, the drips stopped in just a few days.  

ExxonMobil has tons of answers here:  http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/A...

Bobistheoilguy.com has this post from 2008:

From Technilube.com 

"Mobil 1 Extended Performance has a unique formulation with boosted level of protection and performance. These formulations with the Advanced SuperSyn System contain 50 percent more SuperSyn, 36 percent more anti-wear additives, and 37 percent more cleaning agents than the current Mobil 1."

Richardito said:   I would bite, but I have hoarded enough synthetic motor oil to last me through the Apocalypse.
  How much did you pay?  The last time I bought synthetic, it was 30-40 cents a quart, after rebate.

I don't have any bottles to check, and WalMart.com doesn't show the back panel, but the fronts (conventional and synthetic) say, "Recycle used Oil & Filter at your local WalMart * Tire and Lube Express".   WalMart has sold different versions of other national brand products than their competitors, like tires and luggage. bit engine oil is certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API), which lists these ExxonMobil motor oils:  

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId... .  I didn't see a separate Mobil brand product for WalMart.

API also does spot checks of samples taken from retail shelves, in case an oil company submits something better than what it actually sells.

I've seen only one major brand motor oil at WalMart that wasn't API certified, some Motorcraft with no API information at all on the bottle.  I think the auto manager panicked at that, which probably meant it happened in a prior century, when WalMart still cared.

Nonsense.  Most items specifically made for WalMart are sold under their private labels (such as George in men's clothing).  Mobil is not making different oil just for WalMart.

Currently unavailable

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014