• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

iRobot Mint 4200
Disclaimer
Groupon has the iRobot Mint 4200 Hard Floor Robotic Cleaner†for $139.99 w/ free shipping.

• Designed for hard floors
  • Wet and dry cleaning modes
  • Traps dirt in microfiber cleaning pads
  • Smart guidance system cleans every square inch of floorspace
  • Quiet operation
  • Automatically avoids stairs and rugs
  • Cleans for three hours on a single charge
  • Auto shut-off
  • One-year warranty from manufacturer

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The price sure has come down on these. I love mine.

bestdealseaker said:   The price sure has come down on these. I love mine.
† Do these work really good? I've been thinking about getting one for my mom!

I am curious about how well they work too. †It definitely costs a lot less than the Roomba. Does anyone have experience using both that can compare the two? †I think my biggest concern is I read it does not return to the base to recharge. †That means having to remember to put it back on the base each time †Is this correct? †Also, that it just does not pick up nearly as much dirt. †Granted, you may not be able to expect that it would compare fully on that score when it so much cheaper.

Huh.

I had to no idea irobot bought out Mint. (2 years ago!)

Any idea how long these hold up for?

over 800 reviews on Amazon will tell you more than you ever wanted to know about this thing:
http://www.amazon.com/Mint-Automatic-Floor-Cleaner-4200/dp/B0040...

I wonder how this compares to BOBSweep

Well I've got nothing against the deal, but man after being a 10 year Roomba owner, I can tell you it's really tough to justify ownership. I have had a Roomba Discovery and a scooba, and they both are so much maintenance it just is difficult to justify... yes you don't have to vacuum anymore, but you have to change the dust bin, multiple times a day if you are having it vacuum a large area. And you have to baby sit it quite a bit... carpet transitions it gets stuck on, full bins, etc.. Hardly fire and forget. PM the thing at least once every week, and you really have dot do a thorough rebuild once every 6 months or so... and by thorough, I mean at least 2 hours. The irony is that I usually use a vacuum to clean out the roomba.
Now a couple of hours here and there ... maybe that's not such a big deal but think about the last time you had to give this kind of attention to your vacuum. You're just trading the time upfront for the time later ( and spending 4x the money )
I had an alright experience with the scooba, until it died because my toddler son sat on it. ( not Roomba's fault of course! )
But same thing with the maintenance... unless you basically pre cleaned the floor, you were always picking out clogs, having to buy custom detergent, and spending time PMing the unit.
Maybe the mints are better. The price sure seems right. YMMV

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014