• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Asus - 15.6" Laptop - Intel Celeron - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black
$249.99 with free shipping from Best Buys

Link:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/7288011.p?id=1219262036899&skuId=7288011 

What's Included
• Asus 15.6" Laptop - Intel Celeron - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
• 3-cell lithium-ion battery (2600 mAh)
• AC adapter
• Software: Kindle and more
• Owner's manual Specifications

Warranty Terms - Parts: 1 year
Warranty Terms - Labor: 1 year limited
Height: 1.2 inches
Width: 15 inches
Depth: 9.9 inches

Product Features
Intel® Celeron® processor N2830Features a 1MB L2 cache and 2.16GHz processor speed with Intel® Burst up to 2.41GHz.
4GB DDR3 memoryFor multitasking power.
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW driveCreate custom DVDs and CDs.
15.6" high-definition displayShowcases movies, games, Web content and other media in stunning clarity.
500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
Intel® HD graphicsFor lush images. HDMI output enables simple connection to an HDTV or other high-definition display.
Built-in 0.3MP webcamAlong with a microphone makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.
Digital media readerSupports Secure Digital format.
1 USB 3.0 port and 1 USB 2.0 portFor fast digital video, audio and data transfer.
Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11n)Connect to the Internet without wires.
Built-in 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet LANWith RJ-45 connector enables quick and easy wired Web connection.
Weighs 4.7 lbs. and measures just 1.2" thin For easy portability.
Textured finish in blackOffers a stylish appearance.
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit operating system preinstalledProvides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
Software package includedWith Kindle and more. Includes 30-day trial of Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium.

Member Summary

asus
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer

ASUS 15.6 inch laptop
Thanks pbmc
Disclaimer

Asus Laptop
Thanks hellokitty27
Disclaimer
15.6" 1366 x 768 Max. Resolution Screen
Intel Celeron Processor
4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Hard Drive
Windows 8.1 64-Bit OS
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BEST BUYS....that is a good price and I shop here often....

Can the memory be upgraded on this one?

Basically the same Asus unit is on sale at Staples today as well -- $249.99 -- and the 15% off Tech items coupon is still valid today too (and the current terms say it includes "computers").

Had no problem with coupon, out the door at $212.49+tax (and another 5% back in rewards - $10.62) so about $203+tax.

I just broke mine! Time for a new one!

If you have the AMEX offer [$25 off $250 at BB], just add a tiny filler to score $25 bonus.

MIGHTYMACHONE said:   BEST BUYS....that is a good price and I shop here often....

Best Buys....lol.....ok buddy

Same sale from last week.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1376472/

Seems like there was an Asus or Toshiba on sale in the past few weeks that had a N2830 and read that it's a slow CPU with an old core design. Any feedback?

Is filler necessary? Best Buy charges taxes. So total will be always more than 249.99

Same price at Staples ---> Linky

Jesteraron said:   Can the memory be upgraded on this one?
 Almost all consumer laptops have two memory DIMM slots.  Seeing that this laptop has only 4GB, it probably has one memory slot left open.

Not going for deal though, HATE Windows 8!!  Thanks to OP anyway.

*** EDIT ***
I looked up the specs on this laptop and it is indeed maxed-out on memory @ 4GB, what a rip.  But then again, for $250 bucks you can just buy another laptop when you need more memory.
I still HATE Windows 8 though.

According to crucial.com, this laptop only has one RAM slot and is at its max out of the box.

Good buy but be aware of the limited expansion option.

nice op ....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014