• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amex Offers: Whole Foods Market spend $75 get $10 back; JCPenny spend $50 get $10 back; DollarTree.com online spend $101 get $20 back"Amex Offers For You" tab

• These offers should show up under the "Amex Offers For You" tab in your Amex account . You should not have to use Facebook or Twitter if you have an Amex account.

Facebook

Twitter

Member Summary

Whole Foods Market spend $75 get $10 back; JCPenny spend $50 get $10 back; DollarTree.com online spend $101
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have a feeling I may eventually get charged. Today, 16 days after I received my gift card order in the mail, I receive... (more)

MrVietnam (Aug. 06, 2014 @ 1:35p) |

Today, after 18 days after I received my $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards in the mail I was finally billed for the purchas... (more)

MrVietnam (Aug. 08, 2014 @ 8:46a) |

Wow, glad I read the whole thread.  Did anyone else try DollarTree.com and have it take this long?  I wonder if they're ... (more)

Tetched (Aug. 22, 2014 @ 8:49a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, dhanush. Got all 3 on both my cards.

On the facebook offer for Whole Foods, it says "single qualifying purchase" of $75 or more. I'm planning on just buying a $75 giftcard; that worked in the past.

Yuyak said:   On the facebook offer for Whole Foods, it says "single qualifying purchase" of $75 or more. I'm planning on just buying a $75 giftcard; that worked in the past.
If you are buying for a family, it is not difficult to make a $75 purchase at Whole Foods. Just buy the same stuff you would buy for $60 at any other supermarket .

That said, they do have a nice prepared foods bar. So you can use that instead of taking the family twice to a restaurant.

JCPenney seems to have a poor 3rd party GC selection.

I did the DollarTree,com deal by purchasing two gift cards totaling $101 (one $96 gift card and one $5 gift card). They ship gift cards for free. Not too bad getting 19% off my purchases at a dollar store and they even accept manufacturer coupons there.

Item Description Quantity Price Handling Item Total Delivery Info
"Happy Birthday" Balloons Gift Card
SKU#: 143877
1 Units per Case
1 Case $96.00 FREE $96.00 GiftCard Ground
"Happy Birthday" Balloons Gift Card
SKU#: 143877
1 Units per Case
1 Case $5.00 FREE $5.00 GiftCard Ground

Subtotal: $101.00
Shipping: $0.00
Processing Fee: $0.00
Handling Fee: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $101.00

thanks, dhanush

I have been waiting for the whole foods offer for a while.

MrVietnam said:   I did the DollarTree,com deal by purchasing two gift cards totaling $101 (one $96 gift card and one $5 gift card). They ship gift cards for free. Not too bad getting 19% off my purchases at a dollar store and they even accept manufacturer coupons there.

get Amex Offers confirmation yet?

MrVietnam said:   I did the DollarTree,com deal by purchasing two gift cards totaling $101 (one $96 gift card and one $5 gift card). They ship gift cards for free. Not too bad getting 19% off my purchases at a dollar store and they even accept manufacturer coupons there.
Thanks for your post.  I stupidly failed to see the part about online purchase or phone order.  Was all set to visit my local store.  You saved me the headache of what would have been a needless fail.

These offers are YMMV, as I have a Hilton AMEX and don't always get the same ones as others do. Example, I did not get the cell phone bill one that was posted last week.

needhelpplease said:   

get Amex Offers confirmation yet?

No, but from my experience that really doesn't matter. Sometimes you get those confirmation e-mails and sometimes you don't, but I have always received the credits from Am Ex,

Can you buy 3rd party cards in store with Dollar Tree giftcards? I wouldn't want to get stuck with multiple $100 DollarTree gift cards....

hpmax said:   Can you buy 3rd party cards in store with Dollar Tree giftcards? I wouldn't want to get stuck with multiple $100 DollarTree gift cards....
I don't believe Dollar Tree even sells third party gift cards in their stores. I have never seen them if they do. Remember you need to buy $101 in order to qualify for this deal, not $100. That means you will need to buy 2 Dollar Tree gift cards online (in the same transaction) as they let you pick the amount of the gift card ($5 to $100), You cannot buy a single $101 gift card from them.

For those living in California,this could be a MM with the law allowing you to cash out gift cards that are less than $10. You could order multiple gift cards in less than ten dollar amounts and gradually cash them out.

thanks for posting this, dhanush!

darius, is that you?

Whole foods or otherwise called Whole "paycheck".

ionxchanger said:   Whole foods or otherwise called Whole "paycheck".

We shop at whole foods every week. What I noticed is that for the exact same items that I normally buy, whole foods is actually cheaper than my neighborhood local grocery store.

MrVietnam said:   
hpmax said:   Can you buy 3rd party cards in store with Dollar Tree giftcards? I wouldn't want to get stuck with multiple $100 DollarTree gift cards....
I don't believe Dollar Tree even sells third party gift cards in their stores. I have never seen them if they do. Remember you need to buy $101 in order to qualify for this deal, not $100. That means you will need to buy 2 Dollar Tree gift cards online (in the same transaction) as they let you pick the amount of the gift card ($5 to $100), You cannot buy a single $101 gift card from them.

For those living in California,this could be a MM with the law allowing you to cash out gift cards that are less than $10. You could order multiple gift cards in less than ten dollar amounts and gradually cash them out.

They offer GreenDot cards.

I'm at Whole Foods now and they informed me that they only have Whole Foods GC... if that's true, I think I'll stick with Wegman's

Got it on my BCP which gives me an additional 6% back on a $75 gift card at whole foods.

Gergor said:   
ionxchanger said:   Whole foods or otherwise called Whole "paycheck".

We shop at whole foods every week. What I noticed is that for the exact same items that I normally buy, whole foods is actually cheaper than my neighborhood local grocery store.

I shop at Whole Foods several times a week.  Their meat, bakery and cheese departments are excellent.  The cheese dept seems curated by enthusiasts.  The in-house dry-aged beef at the better of my 2 local Whole Foods is bettered only by Peter Luger and Lobels.   Excellent quality control.  Of course I don't buy TP and dish soap there, this is FW

WF has no gift cards? Pass.

kvs25 said:   darius, is that you?
  I think not, the blogger your probably referancing spells his last name : Dubash

Just bought two $51 gift cards for Dollar Tree. Thanks!

Krazen1211 said:   WF has no gift cards? Pass.

I went to two of them, they both had store (as in Whole Foods only) gift cards.  So yeah, I was as surprised as you were.

I remember seeing third party gift cards at Dollar Tree. They were near the register. I'll venture out and report back unless someone already has bought them there please update.

pprogram said:   I remember seeing third party gift cards at Dollar Tree. They were near the register. I'll venture out and report back unless someone already has bought them there please update.
Even if Dollar Tree sells third party gift cards (which I doubt), you would have to be able to buy them using a Dollar Tree gift card (which again is doubtful) because this is Am Ex deal is for Dollar Tree.com and phone purchases only.

From the small print of the offer: Offer is valid online at DollarTree.com and via phone only. Not valid in-store.

I received my gift card order today in the mail. It was delivered in a small, padded envelope. It only took them 3 days to get my order to me.

Kind of strange. I received my Dollar Tree gift card order 2 days ago, but yet they still haven't charged my credit card the $101. I wonder why. Good thing the offer lasts until September sometime. Usually when I order gift cards my credit card gets charged BEFORE I receive the gift cards.

Yuyak said:   On the facebook offer for Whole Foods, it says "single qualifying purchase" of $75 or more. I'm planning on just buying a $75 giftcard; that worked in the past.
  Amex's web page says "Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $75 or more in-store at Whole Foods Market by 9/30/2014." I guess I have to buy gift card in-store to be eligible, not online.

Edit: It actually says, "Gift Card reloads & Gift Cards purchased online & by phone, are excluded. "

For those who are looking to buy Whole Foods store card online, there's a different offer of $100/$10

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/gift-cards/american-express-relo...

MrVietnam said:   Kind of strange. I received my Dollar Tree gift card order 2 days ago, but yet they still haven't charged my credit card the $101. I wonder why. Good thing the offer lasts until September sometime. Usually when I order gift cards my credit card gets charged BEFORE I receive the gift cards.
It is now 4 days later (meaning I received my $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards in the mail 4 days ago) and they still haven't charged my credit card for the $101. Has anyone else bought and received Dollar Tree gift cards and days later you still haven't been charged for them or is it just me?

MrVietnam said:   MrVietnam said:   Kind of strange. I received my Dollar Tree gift card order 2 days ago, but yet they still haven't charged my credit card the $101. I wonder why. Good thing the offer lasts until September sometime. Usually when I order gift cards my credit card gets charged BEFORE I receive the gift cards.
It is now 4 days later (meaning I received my $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards in the mail 4 days ago) and they still haven't charged my credit card for the $101. Has anyone else bought and received Dollar Tree gift cards and days later you still haven't been charged for them or is it just me?

They will charge. I have a similar charge in the past. It showed up after a week with correct day.

I went to Dollar Tree and they only have the Green Dot Prepaid Debit Cards which, I was told, need to be loaded with cash. So it looks like monetizing the savings in a quick manner is out for me. It would take over a year for me to spend $101 at Dollar Tree. I only go there when I need greeting cards or need to make qualifying debit card purchases.

thaitrunghieu said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MrVietnam said:   Kind of strange. I received my Dollar Tree gift card order 2 days ago, but yet they still haven't charged my credit card the $101. I wonder why. Good thing the offer lasts until September sometime. Usually when I order gift cards my credit card gets charged BEFORE I receive the gift cards.

They will charge. I have a similar charge in the past. It showed up after a week with correct day.

Been a week now and still not charged for $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards. I will keep you guys updated.

EDIT: Now it has been 11 days and Dollar Tree has still not charged me for my gift card order. What to do? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

MrVietnam said:   
thaitrunghieu said:   
MrVietnam said:   

Been a week now and still not charged for $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards. I will keep you guys updated.

EDIT: Now it has been 11 days and Dollar Tree has still not charged me for my gift card order. What to do? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I have a feeling I may eventually get charged. Today, 16 days after I received my gift card order in the mail, I received an e-mail saying my gift card order has shipped. So I guess it is only a matter of time before they charge me, but they sure are slow.

Today, after 18 days after I received my $101 in Dollar Tree gift cards in the mail I was finally billed for the purchase and I received my $20 credit back.

Wow, glad I read the whole thread.  Did anyone else try DollarTree.com and have it take this long?  I wonder if they're delaying the charge to throttle the amex deal...    

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014