• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Groupon is offering a 1-Year Sam's Club Membership, $20 Gift Card & Free Fresh-Food Vouchers for $45.00. Shipping is free.

New members only. Not valid on membership renewals. Must activate within 90 days of purchase.

Includes:

• One-year Sam's Club Savings Membership
  • Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member
  • $20 gift card valid for any in-club, online or fuel purchases
  • Four fresh-food vouchers, redeemable at the time of membership activation through Monday, October 27th, 2014

• Sliced oven-roast turkey
    • Ciabatta rolls
    • Black bean five-layer dip
    • Apple pie

• $80.00 in special members-only savings on select popular items

Groupon
See Groupon discounts that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Our cashier forgot to charge us for an item.

DBLCB (Aug. 02, 2014 @ 9:10a) |

expired...or is the link just not working for me?

stunya (Aug. 02, 2014 @ 12:11p) |

It's expired.

Norseman (Aug. 02, 2014 @ 12:47p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Scored this deal late last year so I'm not eligible to use this one but...
If you've got a Sam's Club nearby this deal basically makes it close to free to join.
That 5 Layer dip...OMG that stuff is SO good.
Scored one on my last visit and my family and I inhaled the stuff...wasn't a pretty sight :-P

Gave ya rep OP

rated:
Can someone take advantage of this offer, if membership just recently expired? Othwerwise, how about having a spouse create a new membership?

rated:
Last year, I got this, let my membership expire and used it and it worked fine. Different membership number, that's all. Hoping it will work again this year.

rated:
I'm in for this one, best Sams deal in a longtime.

rated:
Thanks I just got my renewal. Guess I will just let it expire & use my Groupon renewal

rated:
My membership expired last month, so gonna try this one again next month, hopefully it'll work as well with a new number for us.

rated:
does Groupon send u an email coupon ? 
Or is it physically mailed to you 
this will be my first time in using this website and I am not sure...

rated:
Very nice.

rated:
You can print it out on the Groopon site and take it to Sams where they'll promptly try to upsell you to the $100 membership and PROMISE you will get backj $500 at the end of the year............... I figured with a tank of gas a week and an occasional in store purchase there was NO WAY I'd ever get that guaranteed 500.00
It's $10 back for every $500.

I'm certainly never going to hit the TWENTY PLUS THOUSAND in spending to get the GUARANTEED $500 -=----- They think they can herd you in, prod you, and you'll pony up. Jack Asses I say!

rated:
And just how do we get these magic gifts? Were we supposed to get coupons or gift cards or what? I didn't get my "gifts" other than the $20 gift card.

rated:
zapy said:   And just how do we get these magic gifts? Were we supposed to get coupons or gift cards or what? I didn't get my "gifts" other than the $20 gift card.
  When you received your membership card at the CS desk, they should've given you a sheet that has the the coupons for the free food items. HTHs

rated:
This is a great deal for Sam's Club. I just bought a Costco membership this week, and I was blown away by the difference between the two stores. Personally, I don't think I'll renew the Sam's membership.

rated:
Welp, my timing sucks. I just joined on Friday. Any thoughts on a work around for taking advantage of this deal for people that recently signed up, such as me?

rated:
if bought this from Groupon via FW, will i get 3% CB?

rated:
danhouston said:   if bought this from Groupon via FW, will i get 3% CB?

Come on buddy....what do you think? 
Seriously, why wouldn't you?  Geez.

rated:
go in and ask, they sometimes will give you a break. especially since you did just renew, or cancel and buy a Groupon

rated:
Thanks st4rdust. Turns out I had a $10.00 Groupon credit that I wasn't aware of. My membership was $35.00 plus I purchased it through Shop Discover. My sister had a Sam's Club membership that expired in January 2014 with no plans to renew. Great deal!

rated:
Toddler said:   This is a great deal for Sam's Club. I just bought a Costco membership this week, and I was blown away by the difference between the two stores. Personally, I don't think I'll renew the Sam's membership.

My sister had decided not renew her Sam's Club membership & was looking into a Costco membership instead.

rated:
Toddler said:   This is a great deal for Sam's Club. I just bought a Costco membership this week, and I was blown away by the difference between the two stores. Personally, I don't think I'll renew the Sam's membership.
   Even compared to bjs wholesale, sams sucks. I was standing in line @ customer service one day to yet again complain about something substandard. Looked up and saw a sign. Money back for membership. Asked and recieved my money back 9 months or so from when i bought it. I just wouldnt ever buy a sams club.
Now ... who gives you your money back when u want to cancel ur membership ?

rated:
edick said:   Welp, my timing sucks. I just joined on Friday. Any thoughts on a work around for taking advantage of this deal for people that recently signed up, such as me?
   usually give u back your money no questions asked. Give it a try.

rated:
When I did a similar one for costco 4-5 months ago it said one per household.  This one for Sams club says "Limit 1 per person".  Does this mean my wife and I can both get this deal?  Or can we only get one and then add a member to the new account?

rated:
andunn said:   When I did a similar one for costco 4-5 months ago it said one per household.  This one for Sams club says "Limit 1 per person".  Does this mean my wife and I can both get this deal?  Or can we only get one and then add a member to the new account?

Groupon said: Includes:

• Complimentary membership card for a spouse or other household member

rated:
I'd have to agree with those saying that Sam's doesn't really compare with the other wholesale clubs anymore. It seems like every time I go another thing is no longer carried by Sam's. They stopped carrying Nescafe Clasico instant coffee, they stopped carrying Boca Burgers, they stopped carrying vitamin C (even the pharmacist couldn't believe that one).

That said, there are still enough things that are a good deal there to make it worthwhile with this deal, considering that it really only costs $12.50 a person if you split the cost with someone - but I doubt I'll be renewing, unless another deal comes up.

rated:
  I'm the opposite.  Renewal of Costco will be a tough choice. 

My Sams has better pricing on meat,  shipping and office products, better selection of beer (although the liquor store has better prices), vitamins, infant formula.  Sams also has better checkout lines.

The frozen veggies are better at my Costco.  It actually has #10 diced tomatoes for under $3.  Costco has more weird stuff like quinoa and seaweed, which I don't want.  The checkout lines suck.  Mine's always understaffed and no self checkout.  The only thing it's really got going for it is convenience (that's a bit negated by the poor checkout lines).  It's on the work route, the gas is cheap and easy to get, and it's easier to park closer.

I hate how both stores check my receipt to make sure I'm not stealing something.

rated:
My membership just expired about 3 or 4 days ago. Went to membership desk (Southeast Virginia) and told them when it expired and showed them the Groupon deal. He said...no problem..I can sign you up for a new membership. Got coupons and out the door with new card and new membership. Two people behind me in line also had the Groupon paper in their hand. Thanks OP     YMMV

rated:
assemblage said:   
I hate how both stores check my receipt to make sure I'm not stealing something.

Actually, it's not you who the store thinks is stealing.  The sad reality is that retail employees steal far more than shoplifters. It's their own employees they do not trust.  Specifically, they are concerned about "sweethearting", a trick where the cashier has an accomplice who buys something.  The cashier rings up, for example, a box of $5 cookies and gives their accomplice a receipt as they walk out the door with a $300 television.  At wholesale clubs a member has to agree to their membership terms which allow for receipt checking, supposedly to make sure you were not overcharged.

rated:
Then the older gentleman at the door is the smartest man I've ever met, because he has the price of everything memorized and can calculate my cart faster than they can check me out.

rated:
Groupon $45.00 - $10.00 Groupon credit - $2.25 Discover Card CB = $32.75

rated:
DBLCB said:   Groupon $45.00 - $10.00 Groupon credit - $2.25 Discover Card CB = $32.75
  Are you saying that there's a $10 Groupon coupon, or you have a personal $10 credit? If there's a coupon could you please share?

rated:
How does the second card for a spouse or household member work? Do they have to come in to the store or do you just give them another name? Is a picture or anything required?

rated:
Does anybody know about this?
"$80.00 in special members-only savings on select popular items"

rated:
jimmystang said:   
DBLCB said:   Groupon $45.00 - $10.00 Groupon credit - $2.25 Discover Card CB = $32.75
  Are you saying that there's a $10 Groupon coupon, or you have a personal $10 credit? If there's a coupon could you please share?

The $10.00 off was just sitting there waiting for me to make any Groupon purchase. I was using Groupon left and right up until at least a year ago. 

rated:
jimmystang said:   

There was a $10 off ($30 or more) Local Groupon on my login screen and offers today.  I thought they might not include the Sam's Club membership in that deal since it is really a nationwide chain, but I successfully got $10 off, bringing it down to
a $35 Groupon.  Once I get the free food and $20 gift card, I should be at or better than break even whether or not I use the membership going forward.

rated:
leonc said:   
jimmystang said:   

There was a $10 off ($30 or more) Local Groupon on my login screen and offers today.  I thought they might not include the Sam's Club membership in that deal since it is really a nationwide chain, but I successfully got $10 off, bringing it down to
a $35 Groupon.  Once I get the free food and $20 gift card, I should be at or better than break even whether or not I use the membership going forward.

hmmm...no such luck in either mine nor my wife's account....

rated:
My mom actually walked up to me with this one. This is a pretty good catch, IMO!

rated:
There is a current 20% off a nearby deal  that brings it down to $36. 

rated:
dearmas54 said:   There is a current 20% off a nearby deal  that brings it down to $36. 
  code?

rated:
MisterBeefhead said:   I'd have to agree with those saying that Sam's doesn't really compare with the other wholesale clubs anymore. It seems like every time I go another thing is no longer carried by Sam's. They stopped carrying Nescafe Clasico instant coffee, they stopped carrying Boca Burgers, they stopped carrying vitamin C (even the pharmacist couldn't believe that one).

That said, there are still enough things that are a good deal there to make it worthwhile with this deal, considering that it really only costs $12.50 a person if you split the cost with someone - but I doubt I'll be renewing, unless another deal comes up.

WalMart/Sam's is the most successful retailer in the US.  They seem to have a handle on what makes them money.
Selling crap like veggie burgers wasn't making them any money.  If people were buying junk like that they would still be in their stores.
Ditto for "instant coffee".  
It's really no complicated.

Skipping 9 Messages...
rated:
It's expired.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014