• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Innovative SanDisk nCachePro technology delivers sustainable high performance 24 x 7 x 365
Sequential Read Up To 550 MB/s; Write Up To 515 MB/s
Up to 33% longer laptop life
TRIM support and Background Garbage Collection constantly free up unallocated blocks that once held data to lower latency and boost performance
SanDisk SSD Dashboard includes S.M.A.R.T. support to monitor the health of your SSD in real time to prevent data loss
Endurance: TBW

www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHRYRLY/

Member Summary

SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SATA 6.0GB/s 2.5-Inch 7mm Height Solid State Drive
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What???? 

I have been in Sandisk stock (SNDK) for a while.. I certainly have not heard that it went bankruptcy and the st... (more)

nkling (Jul. 23, 2014 @ 10:37p) |

Looks like both Amazon & Newegg pricing on this drive went back up to the ~$400 range today.  What a whirlwind of pricin... (more)

TheNastySheriff (Jul. 24, 2014 @ 6:02a) |

IF the promo code is still viable, DEFINITELY DITTO !!!   I used to believe that Newegg Business offered better prices i... (more)

mooty (Jul. 24, 2014 @ 8:14a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

THIS IS HOT!!!  This is definitely a price mistake and I jumped on it.  Newegg sells it for ~$100 more and the cheapest price I could find was $349.95.  I was really looking to buy a Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, but that was $200.  This is only $80 more for almost double the size and these SanDisk Extreme Pros are getting just as good of reviews as the Samsung 850 Pros.  The SanDisk Extreme Pros also has the same 10 year warranty as the Samsung 850 Pros.

Green for OP...Big Time!! 

Here's a nice review of the SanDisk Extreme Pro:
Review 

green for warranty!

TheNastySheriff said:   THIS IS HOT!!!  This is definitely a price mistake and I jumped on it.  Newegg sells it for ~$100 more and the cheapest price I could find was $349.95.  I was really looking to buy a Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, but that was $200.  This is only $80 more for almost double the size and these SanDisk Extreme Pros are getting just as good of reviews as the Samsung 850 Pros.  The SanDisk Extreme Pros also has the same 10 year warranty as the Samsung 850 Pros.

Review

I don't know if it is a price mistake but it is part of the Amazon Gold Box deal and is one day only.

Also the 240GB version of this SSD is available as part of the sale for $149.99

In for 1. 10 year warranty FTW.... Quick research shows no hardware encryption available? Anyone care to confirm?

Xenocrates said:   
TheNastySheriff said:   THIS IS HOT!!!  This is definitely a price mistake and I jumped on it.  Newegg sells it for ~$100 more and the cheapest price I could find was $349.95.  I was really looking to buy a Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, but that was $200.  This is only $80 more for almost double the size and these SanDisk Extreme Pros are getting just as good of reviews as the Samsung 850 Pros.  The SanDisk Extreme Pros also has the same 10 year warranty as the Samsung 850 Pros.

Review

I don't know if it is a price mistake but it is part of the Amazon Gold Box deal and is one day only.

I guess it's not a price mistake since the $279.99 price is still up....I stand corrected, it's still hot though.  This deal fell into my lap just perfectly since I needed a SSD before the end of the month.

10 year warranty may help change people's impression that SSD is not as durable as regular disks

TheNastySheriff said:   
Xenocrates said:   

Review

I guess it's not a price mistake since the $279.99 price is still up....I stand corrected, it's still hot though.  This deal fell into my lap just perfectly since I needed a SSD before the end of the month.

Maybe hot compared to SSD deals a  year ago. However  today this price  just represents another casualty of falling SSD prices due too much unsold product in the pipeline and  newer, cheaper SSD technologies bring released . $280 for a 480GB SSD from basically minor player in SSD market is fully valued.  These "hot deals" play on the fact that most consumers don't follow daily industry SSD pricing and realize that the major players in the Asian SSD manufacturing markets are aggressively trying to squeeze out these minor SSD manufacturers which is why their products are currently in free-fall/  Current SSD pricing trends for SSDs using the type of SSD technology predict this capacity SSD drive will be well under $200 by October. Also the 10 year warranty is only as good as the company offering it.  Although SanDisk was once a leader in flash memory technology they have been in and out of bankruptcy for years now. Currently they are in receivership . If they disappear so does your warranty

cnIsfg said:   TheNastySheriff said:   
Xenocrates said:   

Review 

Maybe hot compared to SSD deals a  year ago. However  today this price  just represents another casualty of falling SSD prices due too much unsold product in the pipeline and  newer, cheaper SSD technologies bring released . $280 for a 480GB SSD from basically minor player in SSD market is fully valued.  These "hot deals" play on the fact that most consumers don't follow daily industry SSD pricing and realize that the major players in the Asian SSD manufacturing markets are aggressively trying to squeeze out these minor SSD manufacturers which is why their products are currently in free-fall/  Current SSD pricing trends for SSDs using the type of SSD technology predict this capacity SSD drive will be well under $200 by October. Also the 10 year warranty is only as good as the company offering it.  Although SanDisk was once a leader in flash memory technology they have been in and out of bankruptcy for years now. Currently they are in receivership . If they disappear so does your warranty

There is no sense in which SanDisk has been "in and out of bankruptcy" for years. They are a ~$21B publicly traded company. Not that they couldn't go bankrupt, but suggesting that they are (or have recently been) in any kind of significant trouble is simply incorrect.

cnIsfg said:     Maybe hot compared to SSD deals a  year ago. However  today this price  just represents another casualty of falling SSD prices due too much unsold product in the pipeline and  newer, cheaper SSD technologies bring released . $280 for a 480GB SSD from basically minor player in SSD market is fully valued.  These "hot deals" play on the fact that most consumers don't follow daily industry SSD pricing and realize that the major players in the Asian SSD manufacturing markets are aggressively trying to squeeze out these minor SSD manufacturers which is why their products are currently in free-fall/  Current SSD pricing trends for SSDs using the type of SSD technology predict this capacity SSD drive will be well under $200 by October. Also the 10 year warranty is only as good as the company offering it.  Although SanDisk was once a leader in flash memory technology they have been in and out of bankruptcy for years now. Currently they are in receivership . If they disappear so does your warranty
This not your run-of-the-mill SSD.  This, and the Samsung 850 Pro that I was looking at, are some of the highest rated & dependable drives on the market.  Can you buy cheaper alternatives? Of course you can, but research the specs/reviews on those cheaper drives and you will find they do not match these two models.  Your argument is like comparing a consumer conventional hard drive to NAS/Enterprise level drives that are inherently more dependable.  As for pricing, I researched pricing on this model and could not find it anywhere close to this price, so yes I consider this a HOT DEAL.  If you have found this drive cheaper please share the deal in the forum.  Tech pricing always slides with time, that's just a given.  If you wait until the price gets cheaper, you just end-up waiting and waiting.  At some point, you have to pull the trigger and buy, knowing that in 4-6 months it will be cheaper.  Look at graphic card pricing.  By the way, this is the current model, so there are no "newer, cheaper" models, as long as you compare similar quality/performance.

TheNastySheriff;18595200 said:
cnIsfg said:     Maybe hot compared to SSD deals a  year ago. However  today this price  just represents another casualty of falling SSD prices due too much unsold product in the pipeline and  newer, cheaper SSD technologies bring released . $280 for a 480GB SSD from basically minor player in SSD market is fully valued.  These "hot deals" play on the fact that most consumers don't follow daily industry SSD pricing and realize that the major players in the Asian SSD manufacturing markets are aggressively trying to squeeze out these minor SSD manufacturers which is why their products are currently in free-fall/  Current SSD pricing trends for SSDs using the type of SSD technology predict this capacity SSD drive will be well under $200 by October. Also the 10 year warranty is only as good as the company offering it.  Although SanDisk was once a leader in flash memory technology they have been in and out of bankruptcy for years now. Currently they are in receivership . If they disappear so does your warranty
This not your run-of-the-mill SSD.  This, and the Samsung 850 Pro that I was looking at, are some of the highest rated & dependable drives on the market.  Can you buy cheaper alternatives? Of course you can, but research the specs/reviews on those cheaper drives and you will find they do not match these two models.  Your argument is like comparing a consumer conventional hard drive to NAS/Enterprise level drives that are inherently more dependable.  As for pricing, I researched pricing on this model and could not find it anywhere close to this price, so yes I consider this a HOT DEAL.  If you have found this drive cheaper please share the deal in the forum.  Tech pricing always slides with time, that's just a given.  If you wait until the price gets cheaper, you just end-up waiting and waiting.  At some point, you have to pull the trigger and buy, knowing that in 4-6 months it will be cheaper.  Look at graphic card pricing.  By the way, this is the current model, so there is not any "newer, cheaper" comparable models.

Comparing this SSD to the Samsung 850 Pro is laughable.  The SanDisk Extreme Pro is a great SDD but nowhere near the 850 Pro in technology used or reliability.  I never stated this is a run of the mill SSD  or that it can currently be found cheaper but it certainly is not a 850 Pro either. This SSD is on par with new pro releases from Crucial and AData . IMO, at $280 price it is fully valued and this deal is only 9% less than the  neweggbusiness every low day price BEFORE coupons and unlike Amazon no sales tax for most.. Plus there is currently a $50 off  $300 for neweggbusiness email subscribers. . Last time I checked FW is about great deals not fully valued products..

cnIsfg said:   Comparing this SSD to the Samsung 850 Pro is laughable.  The SanDisk Extreme Pro is a great SDD but nowhere near the 850 Pro in technology used or reliability.  I never stated this is a run of the mill SSD  or that it can currently be found cheaper but it certainly is not a 850 Pro either. This SSD is on par with new pro releases from Crucial and AData . IMO, at $280 price it is fully valued and this deal is only 9% less than the  neweggbusiness every low day price BEFORE coupons and unlike Amazon no sales tax for most.. Plus there is currently a $50 off  $300 for neweggbusiness email subscribers. . Last time I checked FW is about great deals not fully valued products..

I have to take-off, so I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one.  Good debate though, and I especially like that nobody threw red votes around just because they disagree.  Good to see forum etiquette alive and well.

Best performing consumer drive out there, except for Samsung 850 Pro 1tb and the Extreme Pro 960gb. Bargain for the price. SeeAnandtech comparison of 480 Extreme Pro II vs 850 samsung pro

bob1374 said:   Why don't we add some hard numbers to the argument:
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/storage/2014/07/11/sandisk-extr... 

No one here is arguing performance specs on either drive so what's your point? The issue being disputed is this really a good deal at only 9% off of the pricing of this SanDisk SSD from neweggbusiness and others and that is BEFORE sales tax charged by Amazon is factored in to the net price. With sales tax the net price at Amazon the savings is more like 2-3% . IMO unless you are use to buying only overpriced Apple products a 2-3% saving off ove street pricing does not constitute even a warm deal let alone a hot deal or price mistake as was originally proclaimed earlier in this thread. 

cnIsfg said:     No one here is arguing performance specs on either drive so what's your point? The issue being disputed is this really a good deal at only 9% off of the pricing of this SanDisk SSD from neweggbusiness and others and that is BEFORE sales tax charged by Amazon is factored in to the net price. With sales tax the net price at Amazon the savings is more like 2-3% . IMO unless you are use to buying only overpriced Apple products a 2-3% saving off ove street pricing does not constitute even a warm deal let alone a hot deal or price mistake as was originally proclaimed earlier in this thread. 

I'm back for a moment, and I see the discussion continues.  I have to agree with "cnlsfg" in that our discussion was about pricing and not performance.  I think everyone agrees that the Samsung 850 Pro is superior to the SanDisk Extreme Pro (to what degree is another discussion).  If money was no object, I would pounce on the Samsung in a heartbeat, but the 480GB SanDisk is $129 cheaper than the Samsung, but yet very much dependable.

The discussion if this is a HOT DEAL is moot now that I have gone back and checked Newegg pricing again.  When I checked pricing when I first saw this deal, the Newegg price was $369.99.  When I search for the SanDisk drive now on Newegg, it first tells me a price of $369.99, but if I then click on View Details, it gives me the same price as this deal of $279.99 (although they are charging $1 for shipping).

So, right now, I would have to agree with my sparring partner (cnlsfg) and withdraw my claim that this is a HOT DEAL.  Sorry OP, Newegg killed your hot deal. ;o)

cnIsfg said:     Plus there is currently a $50 off  $300 for neweggbusiness email subscribers.

By the way, you don't by chance have the code for this promo?  I've got a Newegg Business account but must of missed that email.

I checked the other day for the 240GB on Amazon and it was $199...so the prices have dropped since last week.

cnIsfg said:   
Although SanDisk was once a leader in flash memory technology they have been in and out of bankruptcy for years now. Currently they are in receivership . If they disappear so does your warranty

What???? 

I have been in Sandisk stock (SNDK) for a while.. I certainly have not heard that it went bankruptcy and the stock is up more than 400% since 2009... 
Did it secretly went bankruptcy without anyone from wall street knowing?! LOL.

Looks like both Amazon & Newegg pricing on this drive went back up to the ~$400 range today.  What a whirlwind of pricing.  Not sure if in the end this was a hot deal, or just some crazy pricing fluctuations with the price going back to ~$280 next week.  Only time will tell.

TheNastySheriff said:   
cnIsfg said:     Plus there is currently a $50 off  $300 for neweggbusiness email subscribers.
By the way, you don't by chance have the code for this promo?  I've got a Newegg Business account but must of missed that email. 

IF the promo code is still viable, DEFINITELY DITTO !!!   I used to believe that Newegg Business offered better prices in general on the same product
than was offered by plain 'ole Newegg. If you qualified for a LEGIT Newegg Business account, I thought "Sure, why not?"  I am a NB email subscriber
but have yet to check my inbox.

Slightly off topic, but I used to see bigger, better deals offerred for NB account holders (when it was more like ~ $40 - 50 off $200 or $250, from a few years ago - que passo, NB?  Now, a lot of the time I see nothing but reduced pricing (for volume purchases) which varies depending on how many of what you order, and $50 off $500+ or $600+ offers - mostly only ~ 10% savings offers -  Not like what they used to offer from yesteryears unless i am not as informed about these deals as much as I would like to be, or used to be.

concurrence, anyone ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014