• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sears has a great price for this huge PNY 256GB SDXC Elite Performance 90MB/s memory card. Combine this with Shop Your Way offers and FatWallet Cash Back to save even more.

Model # P-SDX256U1H-GE

The next closest price is $89.43 after rebate and coupon at Tiger Direct.

Link: http://www.sears.com/256gb-sdxc-cl10-uhs-1-90mb-s/p-00348712000P 

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

Memory Card (197.56kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wow. I don't have any immediate need for that but I want one just because it exists for that price. If it was microSD I'd have no choice. It would become a moral imperative.

rated:
4.4/5 stars based on 353 customer reviews here from Amazon, where this is currently $115.

rated:
For when you need to take 50,000 pictures without changing cards on a 16mp camera.

rated:
I'm not a photography buff, but these are good for HD video, right? Like for weddings or something similar?

rated:
I have the 16 and 64 gb version of this card and it's a great value. Performs as advertised. Works flawlessly recording 1080p video in Canon 70D. I pair it with the Transcend USB 3.0 reader and use it to transfer huge HD video files at blazing speed.

rated:
st4rdust said:   I'm not a photography buff, but these are good for HD video, right? Like for weddings or something similar?
Yes—unless the wedding lasts longer than 18 hours.

I guess the point of my comments are that most users would be just fine with a 64gb card for $25-35 bucks.

rated:
So tempting. With speed of Read 96.75 MB/s, Write 63. MB/s, this would be a good card to keep in the SD Card Reader of most ultrabook laptop that usually only come with 128GB of SSD space. It's like having an additional 256GB hard drive.

rated:
Dotbody said:   
I guess the point of my comments are that most users would be just fine with a 64gb card for $25-35 bucks.

Really? where can you get 64GB for $25?!

rated:
dabir said:   
Dotbody said:   

Those deals aren't extremely common, but they definitely come up. The other day Best Buy had a 64GB microSD card for $29.99! That's the price I got mine at during Black Friday as well. I know that deal is a microSD card, but there have been others too. Just have to catch em before they sell out. Usually happens pretty quickly 

Thanks for the advice btw Dotbody.

rated:
Dotbody said:   
st4rdust said:   I'm not a photography buff, but these are good for HD video, right? Like for weddings or something similar?
Yes—unless the wedding lasts longer than 18 hours.

Don't forget to make sure that your equipment (camera or video) can support the card.  Newer equipment shouldn't be a problem read/write to the newer, massive capacity SD cards.  Older equipment may not be able to read/write properly.

rated:
"Temporarily unavailable" Dead.

rated:
st4rdust said:   
dabir said:   
Dotbody said:   

Those deals aren't extremely common, but they definitely come up. The other day Best Buy had a 64GB microSD card for $29.99!

@dabir, here's a class 10 for $25, but it might not be as fast as the OP. Or this one for <$26 AC that is UHS-1 rated like the OP's. This is just from a casual search.

And to st4rdust's point, micro sd's are generally more expensive than full size sd's, so $29.99 is a great price.

rated:
GONE!?

rated:
farchoy8 said:   So tempting. With speed of Read 96.75 MB/s, Write 63. MB/s, this would be a good card to keep in the SD Card Reader of most ultrabook laptop that usually only come with 128GB of SSD space. It's like having an additional 256GB hard drive.
  The problem is that nearly all built-in SD card readers in laptops are cheap and slow. They usually operate at USB 2 speed or slower making the specs on this card moot.

rated:
Dotbody said:   
st4rdust said:   
dabir said:   
Dotbody said:   

Those deals aren't extremely common, but they definitely come up. The other day Best Buy had a 64GB microSD card for $29.99!

@dabir, here's a class 10 for $25, but it might not be as fast as the OP. Or this one for <$26 AC that is UHS-1 rated like the OP's. This is just from a casual search.

And to st4rdust's point, micro sd's are generally more expensive than full size sd's, so $29.99 is a great price.

Both of those are slower cards making the comparison invalid if your camera takes advantage of the faster speed.. The only valid comparison is to the 64 GB version of the PNY Elite card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014