• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Optoma HD131Xe 1080p 2500 Lumen Full 3D DLP Home Theater Projector with HDMI Black
Disclaimer
Optoma HD131Xe 1080p 2500 Lumen Full 3D DLP Home Theater Projector with HDMI (Black) $571.66 after $100 Amazon GC.

Linkazon 

Click on the "Learn More" button below the $100 GC offer and add both the projector and the GC to the shopping cart.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It does have a speaker in it.  If you didn't want great sound, sure.  Outside in the daylight, even on high power, proba... (more)

Shamus375PA (Aug. 02, 2014 @ 8:56p) |

I'll be moving mine outside at night, so I picked up the Epson Duet screen.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Produc... (more)

cnccnc (Aug. 05, 2014 @ 4:05p) |

It charges $100 for the gift card and removes $100 from the price of the projector.  Make sure you got all the way to th... (more)

Plissken (Aug. 15, 2014 @ 6:47p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ProjectorReviews.com had a really thorough review of this, along with a list of specs and current dealer prices: LINK. Apparently, most places are selling this for $799.00.

warranty issues since optoma does not list Amazon as a authorized reseller. if its not on their list..they will deny any warranty

http://www.optomausa.com/support/unauthorized-dealers-list.aspx.... is not on the list...but also not on their authorized list.

Three other issues

1.  Lens focus issue is a common defect in the full line of projectors.  They will fix it..but you have to send it in.  They all have the problems and optoma will not respond to my emails if they fixed it  on recent made models.
2.  DLP color wheel is 2x versus BenQ
which 6x speed.  That will affect folks with sensitive rainbow viewing.
3.  Better contrast..but the colors are not as good as BenQ

I've had that projector for a couple of months now. Absolutely love it. Tremendous value in a 1080P 3D projector.

bigfathead said:   warranty issues since optoma does not list Amazon as a authorized reseller. if its not on their list..they will deny any warranty

http://www.optomausa.com/support/unauthorized-dealers-list.aspx.... is not on the list...but also not on their authorized list.

Three other issues

1.  Lens focus issue is a common defect in the full line of projectors.  They will fix it..but you have to send it in.  They all have the problems and optoma will not respond to my emails if they fixed it  on recent made models.
2.  DLP color wheel is 2x versus BenQ
which 6x speed.  That will affect folks with sensitive rainbow viewing.
3.  Better contrast..but the colors are not as good as BenQ

Doesn't this violate the Warranty Act?

Great projector. I replaced my HD20 with this a couple months ago. This is a steal.

What kind of 3d glasses are people using for this projector? I want to get the rf emitter but I don't know what is compatible.

Super Temping. Looks like you will need active glasses for this.

I'm using the OKBA DLP Link glasses with this projector. Works great.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-Rechargeable-Projector-Viewsoni...

Listing says. Better to get squaretrade

Warranty & Support
Warranty, Parts: 90 Days

BenQ
Projector Standard Limited Warranty: Subject to the exclusions set forth
below:
One (1) year from the purchase date by the original retail purchaser (the “Customer”)
(except for lamps as specified below and refurbished units which have a separate
warranty policy), parts and labor only (No advance replacement).
Lamp Warranty: Lamp is guaranteed 180 days or 500 hours from the purchase date
by the Customer, whichever comes first.
Return Merchandise Authorization Shipping: The Customer will pay shipping
freight to BenQ
or a BenQ
Authorized Service Provider and BenQ
will pay shipping
freight to the Customer during the warranty period.

Optoma warranty
Warranty 1-Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90-Days on Lamp

does this not charge the extra $100 once you order? i get $770+ for my total at checkout.

andshir said:   What kind of 3d glasses are people using for this projector? I want to get the rf emitter but I don't know what is compatible.
  DLP projectors emit a light signal pulse which the 3D glasses pick up for sync. No RF or anything like that. Get DLP glasses that are at least 144. 120 can't keep up with the 3D, so those might or might not work.

bigfathead said:   warranty issues since optoma does not list Amazon as a authorized reseller. if its not on their list..they will deny any warranty

http://www.optomausa.com/support/unauthorized-dealers-list.aspx.... is not on the list...but also not on their authorized list.

From what I can see, they don't have an Authorized Reseller or seller list.  There are three lists:
* Authorized Refurb Seller - Amazon doesn't appear here, but that doesn't apply to new purchases.
* Authorized Distributor - A distributor is not a seller or a dealer.  I wouldn't expect Amazon to appear on this list.  
* Unauthorized Dealer - Amazon is not on this list.

Best Buy also sells Optoma projectors.  I seriously doubt that an Optoma projector purchased from either Amazon or Best Buy carries no warranty.

keldar69 said:   does this not charge the extra $100 once you order? i get $770+ for my total at checkout.
  Are you buying from Amazon or another seller?

Thanks hellokitty27,  I am going to try to find that review on ProjectorReviews.com.  I need something with a high candle power so you can see the image even though it is not pitch black in the space.  This looks  like a pretty good deal, just need to be sure it works for my situation.

I have this, bought open box in Feb at BB. In my basement, with only one window in the man door, on the eco setting it is awesome. With the lights on, for watching sports, etc, it is still impressive on eco. This is my first projector and I am very pleased with it. I don't see any rainbows and I found the review on www.projectorreviews.com to be accurate.

To those who already purchased or owned this projector, can you recommend what projector screen should be used?

lovecd said:   To those who already purchased or owned this projector, can you recommend what projector screen should be used?
  I have a cheaper EluneVision 1.0 gain screen. It's a bright projector. 

I don't know diddly do about projectors. Is this something you could watch a football game on outside during the day or at night?

thirddowndraw said:   I don't know diddly do about projectors. Is this something you could watch a football game on outside during the day or at night?
  It projects an image only. You'd need a receiver and speakers to handle the rest. During the day, outside? I don't think many projectors would be bright enough. Night, sure.

EvuLFleA said:   
lovecd said:   To those who already purchased or owned this projector, can you recommend what projector screen should be used?
  I have a cheaper EluneVision 1.0 gain screen. It's a bright projector. 

Can you share the place or web link where you bought it? Thanks!

I did this and am very pleased with the results.  No border allows me to add 2" to my screen size due to an odd heating duct.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/paint_perfect_screen_$100.htm

It does have a speaker in it.  If you didn't want great sound, sure.  Outside in the daylight, even on high power, probably not.  

I'll be moving mine outside at night, so I picked up the Epson Duet screen.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=ELPSC80

$115 at Amazon. It's smaller than something you'd build for a wall, but is more portable for use indoors and outdoors.

keldar69 said:   does this not charge the extra $100 once you order? i get $770+ for my total at checkout.
It charges $100 for the gift card and removes $100 from the price of the projector.  Make sure you got all the way to the checkout to see this, not just the shopping cart view...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014