• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Outlet Switch
Disclaimer
Etekcity Fullfilled by Amazon has the Auto-Programmable Function Wireless Remote Control Outlet Switch (5-pk.) for $23.50 - $7.00 coupon code OFF9938U = $16.50 + 5.49 shipping = $21.99

• Newest version - smaller size only covers one outlet(ETL/FCC approved)
  • Learning function allows you to match any remote and outlet to each other regardless of the frequencies
  • Simple and easy to use, no installation required - just plug in and use.Remotely switch on/off any appliance at the push of a button
  • Features low standby power consumption and built-in child protection feature; 30m/100ftrange (works through doors, floors, and walls)
  • Extra outlets and remotes can be purchased separately. Please check our store; Outlets remain off after a power outage to save energy

Member Summary

switch
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yes, it's back to where it started. A higher price but free shipping with prime.

Newegg sells this 5 pack with 2 remotes ... (more)

blueribb (Jul. 30, 2014 @ 10:27p) |

if you have citi mastercard, you can save 25 back on 25+ for first order using citi wallet at Newegg: http://www.fatwall... (more)

wsailor (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 1:53a) |

Thanks! You made me think twice. Not buying it now

bharatiya (Jul. 31, 2014 @ 12:01p) |

Update 7/30/14: Price dropped to $23.50 minus the $7 coupon code = $16.50 plus $5.49 shipping.
Edit: They dropped the free shipping with prime

Update 7/31/14: Price back to $26.99 before coupon and free ship with prime
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

why not. in for 1

nguyenvht said:   why not. in for 1
  lol, that is my thought process on so many threads.  My wallet is getting less and less fat all the time. 

Buy now, figure out why later.

Remote switches like these are great for elderly folks.

I use these for my christmas lights, works great.

Is this thing UL listed? Don't burn down your house.

slowgrinder said:   Is this thing UL listed? Don't burn down your house.
It is ETL listed, ETL is a nationally recognized safety designation competing with UL.

http://www.intertek.com/marks/etl/faq/

slowgrinder said:   Is this thing UL listed? Don't burn down your house.
I have bought some other things from Etekcity that said UL, CSA, ETL, etc. in the listing, but had no stickers on the actual components. 

Although they looked OK, I do not believe they were tested by anyone.

SteveG

Edit- The picture shows ETL, so maybe these are OK

I have these and love them.

Bagofchips said:   Buy now, figure out why later.
  I second that.

eighteenRabbit said:   I have these and love them.
  Do they make any sound when switched on or off ? (relay clicking ?)

I have had an X10 system for many years and it's never been 100% reliable. Recently, after a storm some outlets no longer respond to X10 signals. I'm tired of trying to debug it. I'm going to buy this. I really don't like the idea of another remote lying around though.

skidmark said:   Remote switches like these are great for elderly folks.
looks like a useful device

yes, but then where did i put the remote?

(i have too many remotes already)

You just get another remote thingy that sets off a buzzer that you stuck to your original remote.

DOOMI said:   
nguyenvht said:   why not. in for 1
  lol, that is my thought process on so many threads.  My wallet is getting less and less fat all the time. 

hahahahahaha I'm in too....I am with you...since I found this site....been spending crazy!!!

i don't see what's with the name "auto-programmable" part. it's just a switch to my understanding. i've purchased these before; we use them for appliances that always stay on that we don't want to unplug when we're done using like bread machine and rice cooker. we also use for a lamp and stereo, so we don't need to bother with the actual device's power switch [and we can toggle it's power state from a distance].

If you don't have Amazon prime and want this set, here's another link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-Wireless-2Remotes-Control-Power-O... 

You also get 2 remotes this way

Edit: I just noticed these are described as "used" (from eBay / Etekcity)

This should come in handy during the Xmas season to control the indoor Xmas lights.

Normally I can resist but I'm already using a couple of different "remote control outlets" that I find quite handy. having 5 that operate from one remote....well, I had to buy. Then again might as well add a couple small items from my wish list while I was there.

does coupon code still works "OFF9938U"?

these work pretty well for me. I used them for about a year now. They have randomly turned on 3 times total, but i guess that might be because someone was running a ir scanner? who knows, it only happened 3 times.

onlyvimal said:   does coupon code still works "OFF9938U "?
  yes

No clue what I would use this for....

Can it turn off my Fatwallet account so I don't spend more money?!?!?!?

I use them for controlling the lamps and fan from my bed. Ditto for the guest bedroom. Turn on the living room lights from the outside.

Maybe I should buy this for my children. Where would I buy this?

joealbernpatana said:   Maybe I should buy this for my children. Where would I buy this?
  Click the link in the first post

Do I need this? No
Did I buy this? Yes

No wonder I'm getting a bit wider...... and my wallet a bit thinner....
Thanks OP and FW

> $19.99 with free shipping on orders $35+

In case it's not clear to anyone else, if you have prime, you don't need $35+ to get the free shipping.

Update:

The price dropped to 23.50 before $7 coupon code. Also shipping dropped from $6.49 to $5.49 (no free prime shipping now though).

I called Amazon a few minutes ago and they cancelled my order from yesterday and I placed a new order.

$23.50 - $7 discount + $5.49 S/H (Not eligible for Amazon Prime) = $21.99 is what I'm showing. How do I get free shipping with Prime?

PatKane said:   $21.99 - $7 discount + $5.49 S/H (Not eligible for Amazon Prime) = $21.99 is what I'm showing. How do I get free shipping with Prime?
  I see $23.50 (July 30 @ 6pm EST) not $21.99

You have to sign-up for prime ($99 per year) on Amazon's site

typo in my post has been fixed (starting price is indeed $23.50).

I have Prime and item is now showing as "Not eligible for Amazon Prime"

PatKane said:   typo in my post has been fixed (starting price is indeed $23.50).

I have Prime and item is now showing as "Not eligible for Amazon Prime"

You're right. Looks like they dropped the free shipping with prime. With shipping now, it's 2 bucks more than with free prime shipping before.

Specifications
Power input/output: 120V/60Hz, max. 1200W 10A
Low power consumption: 1.8w

Yeah, kind of good & suck...
They should make it for 110/220 V.

Showing $26.99 on the landing page.

serenity22 said:   Showing $26.99 on the landing page.
  Yes, it's back to where it started. A higher price but free shipping with prime.

Newegg sells this 5 pack with 2 remotes for $26.99 shipped here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0N6-00T7-000R7

blueribb said:   
serenity22 said:   Showing $26.99 on the landing page.

Newegg sells this 5 pack with 2 remotes for $26.99 shipped here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0N6-00T7-000R7

if you have citi mastercard, you can save 25 back on 25+ for first order using citi wallet at Newegg: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1380386/ 

Jimbo426 said:   Do I need this? No
Did I buy this? Yes

No wonder I'm getting a bit wider...... and my wallet a bit thinner....
Thanks OP and FW

Thanks! You made me think twice. Not buying it now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014