A7 chip with M7 motion coprocessor
Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) with MIMO support
Up to 10 hours of battery life2
5MP iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording
FaceTime HD camera
iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps included
Over 475,000 apps on the App Store3
iOS 7 and iCloud
Cellular data service on Wi-Fi + Cellular models (sold separately)

www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-air-with-wi-fi-16gb-space-gray-b...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
So, haven't done this before, not sure if this belongs here, but thought I'd share my experience.  (UNNECESSARILY LONG S... (more)

chungboy (Aug. 03, 2014 @ 12:02a) |

xiaoweiyi (Aug. 03, 2014 @ 4:20a) |

deal is dead

plainview (Aug. 03, 2014 @ 9:19a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you have an .edu email, you can sign up here for a $50.00 coupon code and use it towards this.

rated:
Just so that you know, this deal applies to Silver/White model as well. Direct link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-ipad-air-with-wi-fi-16gb-silve...

rated:
thanks a lot st4rdust for heads up on the coupon. On my way to BB store.

rated:
if you got Amex offer for Bestbuy, it will save you additional 25$...

rated:
In 4 1.

$358.61 Tax & Shipped to California

Used a few coupons: $50 Student w/ .edu Off & $25 AmEx Credit back @ Best Buy

rated:
Few states are having tax free this weekend (we are here in TN), so this should be eligible for tax free if your state is this weekend...

And if you don't' have an AMEX offer, don't forget ShopDiscover for 5% CB

rated:
This finally made my mind up. My 3 year old Toshiba Thrive is just so slow anymore even after cleaning it all up. Was looking at an 11" laptop but when I saw this I grabbed one. First foray into the Apple world.

I use my table a lot every day being mostly laid up in my chair most of the time now. From all that I've read about the iPad Air I've got one of the best tablets on its way to me and at a great price thanks to FW.

rated:
cbg4uk said:   Few states are having tax free this weekend (we are here in TN), so this should be eligible for tax free if your state is this weekend...

According to the ad for this on the FW front page this is a one day only price (8/1)

rated:
prosperity said:   
cbg4uk said:   Few states are having tax free this weekend (we are here in TN), so this should be eligible for tax free if your state is this weekend...

According to the ad for this on the FW front page this is a one day only price (8/1)

This price is for the weekend - through Sunday.

rated:
ctgolfer said:   
prosperity said:   

This price is for the weekend - through Sunday.

Up to when I posted about the one day deal, there was a banner across the add that said "today only!" I looked again now and that banner is gone. 

Huh - a little bait and switch....?? Guess it doesn't matter - just looked and my state doesn't have the tax free weekend anyway. Still very happy with the deal!

rated:
I asked for them to remove banner.

rated:
Some states (MO at least) has a no-tax holiday this weekend for school supplies, this being one of them. So no State (cities can still charge) tax in addition for some people out there. Amex deal + edu address + no state tax equals a pretty amazing deal.

rated:
I signed my son up using the link from California colleges.edu,  and was able to send and receive using the .edu address. I went to the Best Buy website and asked for the coupon, but no joy. Anyone else have that issue?

rated:
I signed my son up using the link above, and was ale to send and receive using the .edu address. I went to the Best Buy website and asked for the coupon, but no joy. Anyone else have that issue?

rated:
ctgolfer said:   I asked for them to remove banner.
  Ok - I thought maybe I was seeing things this morning.....

Anyway it did prompt me to buy it this morning instead of my usual driving myself nuts thinking about it for a couple days.

rated:
lawfam said:   I signed my son up using the link above, and was ale to send and receive using the .edu address. I went to the Best Buy website and asked for the coupon, but no joy. Anyone else have that issue?
  I did the same and was successful a few minutes ago.

rated:
A little off topic, but worthy to mention, Costco now sells iPads (and iPhones).

rated:
.edu mail is enough? or any student verification needed. Whats the coupon for it

rated:
printout the edu coupon, go to the store and redeem, worked in TX

rated:
For those who plan on going in-store to use the .edu Coupon, you can actually input the promotional code in the Cart at bestbuy.com. Tennessee is currently doing a Tax Holiday this weekend as well and this was reflected in my online order. When you combine this with the AMEX $25 for spending $250 and the $50 .edu Coupon, you have a deal that is better than any I currently see elsewhere for these iPad Air devices. Not to mention the 1.5% Cash Back from Fat Wallet is great!

rated:
Those who have already purchased this ipad, does it come with the new IOS or one generation old ?   TIA

rated:
timecop369 said:   In 4 1.

$358.61 Tax & Shipped to California

Used a few coupons: $50 Student w/ .edu Off & $25 AmEx Credit back @ Best Buy

Staples has the Apple iPad mini with Retina display, WiFi, 16GB selling for $369. Best Buy is selling the same model for $400. Can I price match to Staples and use a $50 student .edu coupon?

rated:
haramkhor said:   Those who have already purchased this ipad, does it come with the new IOS or one generation old ?   TIA
  It does not matter.  If there is an update, you will get it for free and can download it over the air.

rated:
fatwhitton said:   
haramkhor said:   Those who have already purchased this ipad, does it come with the new IOS or one generation old ?   TIA
  It does not matter.  If there is an update, you will get it for free and can download it over the air.

thanks

rated:
I signed up for the .edu mail coupon. It's been an hour and I still haven't received any email for $50 coupon.

How long did it take you guys to get the coupon email after registering ?

rated:
I almost got it instantly. 

rated:
I got it

rated:
Does anyone have a spare edu code? Hope it's ok to ask. thanks

rated:
Yea. For some reason, my edu account is not getting the coupon. I would appreciate a spare code as well.

rated:
denalvd said:   .edu mail is enough? or any student verification needed. Whats the coupon for it

That would do. You will get the coupon instantly.

rated:
Need a spare coupon. Greatly appreciated!

rated:
In for one. About $340 after $25 AMEX statement credit and 1.5% CB.

rated:
Can I use my friend's .edu email?

rated:
I have been waiting since yesterday, but did not get the coupon

rated:
Smoking good deal with .edu coupon. Thanks everyone

rated:
The movers USPS 10% off coupon stacks with the .edu coupon as well.

rated:
just got with amex (25 off 250; amex delta sky miles) + 10% coupon (mover's go get the address changes envelope from USPS) + edu coupon ($50 w/ .edu have to register) + tax free in TN this weekend!!

rated:
So, haven't done this before, not sure if this belongs here, but thought I'd share my experience.  (UNNECESSARILY LONG STORY, SORRY)

Being a Chase Ink cardholder, because I get 5x Ultimate Reward points per $ spent from office stores, I went to Staples to see if I could get a deal there to maximize credit card reward points which I obviously wouldn't get at Best Buy. 

I asked Staples about what they would do with their 110% price match to match the Best Buy $399 iPad Air deal.  I showed them the $399 online price, and they honored the match and added 10% of the price difference, so it ended up coming out to at first $393 ($399.99 minus ~$7 price match difference, + tax = ~$417).   

However, because I was somewhat oblivious to the terms of the price match, I asked stupidly why it the price wasn't lower, thinking that a "110% price match" meant not only matching the price, but taking an extra 10% off the competitor's low price (not 10% off the price difference).   The service desk guy wasn't sure either, so he called his manager (all while in my head I started to get the sense that I misinterpreted the price match terms).  However, by this point, the manager was here, and the service guy explained the situation, and I stated to the manager that I wasn't clear on the details about the price match.  I also showed my Best Buy coupon and said that I was probably just going to go to Best Buy at this point and use my $50 edu coupon to get the iPad for $350.   

However, as I was about to give up, and while Staples doesn't price match deals involving any competitor coupons, the manager, either mistakenly, or knowingly, who knows or cares at this point, took 10% off the $399 Best Buy price, bringing the price match down to $360 (10% off $399).   However, I guess the Staples' system automatically takes another 10% off the price difference as well.  I looked confusingly at the customer service guy afterwards, as the manager had already left, and the service guy basically just said "just take it," saying whatever the Boss says goes.  So in essence, not only did I get the iPad price matched at $359 instead of $399, but because of the 110% price match guarantee, I got an additional 10% off the price difference (~$11), getting my iPad for $348 ($369 including tax).  Plus, being a Chase Ink user, buying it at Staples instead of BB, I'll get ~1740 Ultimate Reward points (which I value at about $1.75 per 100 points because I convert them 1:1 to United miles or Hyatt points).

So, while perhaps this may not be possible for others to replicate, and maybe not as good a deal as the $25 Amex + .edu $50 coupon deal, for people without an Amex card and ideally a Chase Ink card, this seemed the next best thing.  Or for people without the Amex or .edu or other coupons, remember that Staples will at least price match and you can get your iPad for $393 + tax.

In summary, by being a bit of an idiot, and perhaps because Staples was also oblivious to their own price match, I got a decent deal getting my iPad for $348 + tax (Proof ) plus about $25 worth of credit card rewards all without a coupon.

Also, for those patient enough to read my story, because I got my iPad at Staples, I do have an unused .edu Best Buy $50 off online code, which I'll give to the first/most desperate person that messages me.  

Skipping 2 Messages...
rated:
deal is dead

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014