• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor, along with a 450MHz graphics processor, ensures fast, reliable performance.
Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
Allows you to stay connected and productive on the go.
4G LTE speed
Provides rapid mobile Web connection.
Internet connectivity
Enables you to quickly access the Web, so you can stream online media, connect to social networks and more.
Bluetooth 4.0 technology
Facilitates wireless communication with a Bluetooth-enabled device.
4.5" TFT touch-screen display
With 720p (1280 x 720) resolution and 329 ppi showcases visual content in stunning high-definition and simplifies navigation of features. Corning Gorilla Glass construction offers durability.
8GB internal memory
Provides plenty of space for storing your apps, contacts, media files and other digital content. Also includes 50GB of storage on Google Drive for up to 2 years.
5.0MP rear-facing and 1.3MP front-facing cameras
Let you preserve special moments in crisp, vibrant detail while you're out and about.
Changeable faceplates
Make it simple to personalize the look of the phone (additional faceplates not included).

www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g-cell-phone-unlocked-black/7...

Member Summary

phone (58.21kB)
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Isn't 8 GB always $179? I bought 16GB version for $199 when Moto G just come out. if we are talking about LTE version, i... (more)

eagle (Aug. 04, 2014 @ 12:47p) |

Looks like BB fixed the bug on their side :S Probably they meant to advertise the regular Moto G for sale, for $179, whi... (more)

coolchicagoguy (Aug. 04, 2014 @ 12:59p) |

WalMart Canada is selling MOto G through TElus prepaid for 130$
few  $$ more for unlock code and and it`s a better deal f... (more)

bob514 (Aug. 06, 2014 @ 10:36a) |

OOS online Local Pickup only now 3PM PST
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
And they upped the Verizon prepaid by $30
They tried that a few weeks ago, in 3 or 4 days the price went back to $69.99

rated:
I can't quite figure out if this is the same as "Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB (White)" on Amazon ($219.99) where it clearly says that the phone can use a MicroSD card. The BB site says nothing about the microSd card. Any one knows is this is indeed the same phone? If so, this would be a GREAT deal...

rated:
ptpt said:   I can't quite figure out if this is the same as "Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB (White)" on Amazon ($219.99) where it clearly says that the phone can use a MicroSD card. The BB site says nothing about the microSd card. Any one knows is this is indeed the same phone? If so, this would be a GREAT deal...
  I would say a Moto G CDMA unlocked is a Moto G CDMA unlocked is a Moto G CDMA unlocked
All the same...

EDITED due to a eagle eye we have.........
Since the discussion is about the CDMA unloocked the assumption should have been i was referring the
a CDMA unlocked is a CDMA unlocked.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   ptpt said:   I can't quite figure out if this is the same as "Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB (White)" on Amazon ($219.99) where it clearly says that the phone can use a MicroSD card. The BB site says nothing about the microSd card. Any one knows is this is indeed the same phone? If so, this would be a GREAT deal...
  I would say a Moto G is a Moto G is a Moto G
All the same...

There are CDMA G's, GSM G's, and GSM + LTE G's. They're not all the same.

rated:
ptpt said:   I can't quite figure out if this is the same as "Motorola Moto G - Universal 4G LTE - Unlocked - 8GB (White)" on Amazon ($219.99) where it clearly says that the phone can use a MicroSD card. The BB site says nothing about the microSd card. Any one knows is this is indeed the same phone? If so, this would be a GREAT deal...
  I submitted the BB price to Amazon....

rated:
cpmaverick said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
  I would say a Moto G is a Moto G is a Moto G
All the same...

There are CDMA G's, GSM G's, and GSM + LTE G's. They're not all the same.

Apples to apples they are the same

rated:
* Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile; also compatible with GSM SIM cards, including H20 and Net10.
* Phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA carriers. Please contact your carrier prior to purchasing to confirm your carrier will support voice and data on this unlocked GSM device.

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

Thanks! What's the procedure you used?

rated:
ptpt said:   
yesidonoitall said:   

Thanks! What's the procedure you used?

Under "Product Details", you get the option to "tell us about a lower price".  You might have to be logged in first.

rated:
srhearts said:   * Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile; also compatible with GSM SIM cards, including H20 and Net10.
* Phone will not work with Sprint, Verizon, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA carriers. Please contact your carrier prior to purchasing to confirm your carrier will support voice and data on this unlocked GSM device.

There is the CDMA version

rated:
Unavailable everywhere.

Reported the lower price to Amazon as well. Everyone do this and they will change the price!

rated:
can it use with gms
tmobile?

rated:
Will this work with Straight Talk prepaid in oregon? Its 4g LTE so im not sure?

rated:
coolbreeze said:   Unavailable everywhere.

Reported the lower price to Amazon as well. Everyone do this and they will change the price!

How/where did you report it? I never did it but would be glad to add my voice for such good deal. 
Thanks.
Update: Answer was right above. 

rated:
coolbreeze said:   Unavailable everywhere.

I actually did this for some skateboard pads for my son. The Wal-Mart price was cheaper, but I preferred Amazon. Reported with link and the next day they were price-matched. Not sure if pure serendipity or it actually worked.

rated:
dragonle2000 said:   can it use with gms
tmobile?

Yes, this would be a very good phone for T-Mobile as long as you don't depend on the T-Mobile WiFi calling feature. If I didn't need that feature to have service at home I would be using a Moto G on T-Mobile myself.

ETA: This phone is as has been posted already available in three basic variants, the CDMA version that Verizon Prepaid, Boost Mobile and US Cellular sell, the GSM 4G version which doesn't have LTE, it uses faux 4G (HSPA+), it will work on carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T (and their long list of MVNO's like AIO, MetroPCS, Cricket etc...), and finally the 4G LTE version, which also works on T-Mobile and AT&T and their MVNO's, these GSM versions do not work on Verizon, Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA carrier or MVNO.

rated:
Now $173.93 on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Global-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00GWR36F6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407120586&sr=8-2&keywords=motorola+moto+g

rated:
capobeach said:   Now $173.93 on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Global-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00...

whew, I got it done...

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
capobeach said:   Now $173.93 on Amazon.com

whew, I got it done...

That's not the LTE version.

rated:
4G LTE model still appears to be $219

rated:
Better discussion on the Other deal site.

rated:
They are not listing the correct model.  This is the Moto G, not the Moto G 4G LTE.  The Moto G always goes for $179 and the Moto G 4G LTE always goes for $219.  Cnet even confused the models on their deal page(as I believe a lot of people do)  You have to look at the specs.  I think both do 4G, but the Moto G 4G LTE made improvements that were left out of the Moto G.  Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

rated:
correct - i was able to confirm w motorola that the phone available at BB is the same as the one offered on the motorola site for the same price - it is the Moto G NOT the Moto G 4G LTE.
would be a hot deal if the phone was actually the G 4G LTE.... hope this helps.

rated:
Sad. I was trying to decide between the Moto G LTE and the Samsung Avant, this deal if it was for the LTE model would have made that decision easy.

rated:
This should be the LTE one that Best Buy is offering for $179.99.  The model number listed is 00425NAECOM, which is the LTE version. 

The non-LTE version is 00384NAECOM.

For anyone who wants to confirm model numbers, add them to your cart on the Motorola site and in the cart the model numbers for each will show...

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   capobeach said:   Now $173.93 on Amazon.com

whew, I got it done...
Nope.

rated:
HighTechnology said:   This should be the LTE one that Best Buy is offering for $179.99.  The model number listed is 00425NAECOM, which is the LTE version. 

For anyone who wants to confirm model numbers, add them to your cart on the Motorola site and in the cart the model numbers for each will show...

That's why I ordered one last night, based on the model number.
   Update:  Best Buy just cancelled my order, saying not available for pickup.  Last night every store in the Phoenix area showed them in stock.  Best Buy     
   playing games with this deal?

rated:
Specs on the BB page says: Band and Mode: 3G|4G LTE|UMTS, so it should be LTE.

rated:
dafish said:   
HighTechnology said:   This should be the LTE one that Best Buy is offering for $179.99.  The model number listed is 00425NAECOM, which is the LTE version. 

That's why I ordered one last night, based on the model number.
   Update:  Best Buy just cancelled my order, saying not available for pickup.  Last night every store in the Phoenix area showed them in stock.  Best Buy     
   playing games with this deal?

RE:
Best Buy just cancelled my order, saying not available for pickup.

Did it not include a phone number to call for help.

Such as:
Your order has been canceled

Hello Aaron,

We're sorry, but since your item was no longer available for pickup at the Best Buy store you selected—and we didn't hear from you about other possible options—we went ahead and canceled your order.

Be assured that if you paid by credit card, it has not been charged, and any other method of payment has been credited. If you used a Gift Card for this order and no longer have it, please call the number below and we'll send you a replacement.

Know that we're always on call to help you with your purchases. If you have any questions or need any further assistance please contact us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Once again, we're sorry for this inconvenience, and are working hard to serve you better in the future.

Sincerely,

rated:
awhite3 - i was in exactly the same boat. went w the moto g 4g lte light night - purchased directly from motorola via moto maker.... for the price difference, the moto just seemed like a lot more value than the avant... better screen, etc. time will tell if i made the right call...

rated:
RE:
Best Buy just cancelled my order,

Those are from store stock, it is  conceivable, before the stockman takes it from the shelf someone walked in and bought them all.
Hence, none for him to put aside for you....

rated:
RE:
the moto just seemed like a lot more value than the avant.

I have a direct buyer (non eBay) who takes all I can get him, he wants the prepaid version and only the phone and charger.
.It must be a good phone.

rated:
Just placed an order, hope it isn't cancelled

rated:
spdracer5g said:   
dragonle2000 said:   can it use with gms
tmobile?

Yes, this would be a very good phone for T-Mobile as long as you don't depend on the T-Mobile WiFi calling feature. If I didn't need that feature to have service at home I would be using a Moto G on T-Mobile myself.

ETA: This phone is as has been posted already available in three basic variants, the CDMA version that Verizon Prepaid, Boost Mobile and US Cellular sell, the GSM 4G version which doesn't have LTE, it uses faux 4G (HSPA+), it will work on carriers like T-Mobile and AT&T (and their long list of MVNO's like AIO, MetroPCS, Cricket etc...), and finally the 4G LTE version, which also works on T-Mobile and AT&T and their MVNO's, these GSM versions do not work on Verizon, Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile or any other CDMA carrier or MVNO.

Does Bluetooth connectivity make up for the T-Mobile WiFi calling feature deficit on the Moto G, given a Bluetooth compatible land-line at home?

rated:
Isn't 8 GB always $179? I bought 16GB version for $199 when Moto G just come out. if we are talking about LTE version, it is showing $219 for me. Am I missing something?

rated:
eagle said:   Isn't 8 GB always $179? I bought 16GB version for $199 when Moto G just come out. if we are talking about LTE version, it is showing $219 for me. Am I missing something?
  Looks like BB fixed the bug on their side :S Probably they meant to advertise the regular Moto G for sale, for $179, which is actually the same price as Amazon for quite some time now.

rated:
WalMart Canada is selling MOto G through TElus prepaid for 130$
few  $$ more for unlock code and and it`s a better deal for your buyer

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014