• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Staples has the Toshiba 32GB Encore 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet (WT8-A32) for $199.99 - $75.00 with coupon code "50464" = $124.99. Rated 4/5 stars from 33 customer reviews.

• 8.0” diagonal widescreen WXGA display
  • 32GB internal storage, 2GB LPDDR3 1067MHz Memory
  • Windows 8.1
  • Resolution: 1280 x 800
  • Intel AtomZ3740 Quad Core 1.80 GHz 2M Cache Processor
  • Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Front 2.0MP Fixed Focus HD Camera, Rear 8.0MP Auto Focus HD Camera
  • Intel HD Graphics

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

tablet (20.71kB)
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Showing OOS.

austex (Aug. 17, 2014 @ 7:12a) |

Available again, but coupon 50464 not working so prices out at $199.99.

austex (Aug. 17, 2014 @ 7:16p) |

Does anyone know if the MS office code cam be used on another computer if I didn't want to use it on the Encore?
Thanks

gary3759 (Aug. 23, 2014 @ 9:06a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
At this price I had to get one. I'll decide weather to keep it later.

Runs Full-blown Windows 8.1.

rated:
Anyone knows if this comes with Microsoft Office for Home & Student?

rated:
From Amazon description:GET GOING RIGHT OUT OF THE BOXThe Encore comes with a full version of Office Home Student 2013 for all your productivity needs. Access your Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel files anytime--all for free! ($139 value.)

rated:
Got one for store pick up..  Seems to be a good price
Merchandise Total: $269.99
Coupons/Rewards: -$145.00
Shipping: Free
Tax: $0.00
Total: $124.99

rated:
In for 1, at this price it becomes a hobby plaything. One review on the Staples website mentioned that you can link to your desktop and run it's programs through the tablet using a windows app called TeamViewer. No need to install the apps on the tablet as long as you are within wi-fi range of your router. Another review mentioned that the bluestacks program allows you to install Google Playstore apps and use them on this tablet.

rated:
Just got one. For this price, why not?

rated:
I wanted more, OOS online

rated:
OOS online confirmed.

rated:
Thanks OP, ordered 1. No email conformation yet.

rated:
Thanks OP!
Managed to get one. I have the confirmation screen up, but no confirmation email. Order Status link online isn't working.
No idea how I got it at this price...
Order Number: 9711XXXXXX
Customer Number: 2335XXXXXX
Order Date: August 9, 2014
Order Total: $63.43
PRINT ORDER SUMMARY Continue Shopping 
Deliver to:Xyz Zyxwvut, XXX Some Dr, CityName, OH 45XXX-YYYY
Expected Delivery : 2 Business Days
Item No. Name Price Qty Coupons and Rewards: Subtotal
319635 Toshiba Encore WT8-A32 8", 32GB Tablet $269.99 Each 1.0  -$215.00  Price:$269.99

Payment Information
Billing Address:
Xyz ZyxwvutXXX
Some Dr,
CityName, OH 45XXX-YYYY
(XXX) YYY-ZZZZ
Coupons/Rewards: -$215.00
Tax: $8.44
Total: $63.43
Payment Methods
Mastercard Credit Card ending in 1095

Used a VirtualCard, which has not been charged yet, so, keeping fingers crossed.

rated:
Managed to order 1 in Atlanta but no confirmation email yet. The product does saw sold out at my location after the order so keeping fingers crossed that it goes thru!

rated:
Local store has one so I looked up its reviews and such. Gonna have to pass though. Windows 8 is great if you have a beastly tablet with 3d acceleration. Midrange windows tablets are just going to leave you wondering "What CAN I run on this?!"

An android tablet in this price range will run all android apps and all games. And give you better battery life.

rated:
cubexco said:   Thanks OP!
Managed to get one. I have the confirmation screen up, but no confirmation email. Order Status link online isn't working.
No idea how I got it at this price...
Order Number: 9711XXXXXX
Customer Number: 2335XXXXXX
Order Date: August 9, 2014
Order Total: $63.43
PRINT ORDER SUMMARY Continue Shopping 
Deliver to:Xyz Zyxwvut, XXX Some Dr, CityName, OH 45XXX-YYYY
Expected Delivery : 2 Business Days

Item No. Name Price Qty Coupons and Rewards: Subtotal
319635 Toshiba Encore WT8-A32 8", 32GB Tablet $269.99 Each 1.0  -$215.00  Price:$269.99

Payment Information
Billing Address:
Xyz ZyxwvutXXX
Some Dr,
CityName, OH 45XXX-YYYY
(XXX) YYY-ZZZZ

Coupons/Rewards: -$215.00
Tax: $8.44
Total: $63.43
Payment Methods
Mastercard Credit Card ending in 1095

Used a VirtualCard, which has not been charged yet, so, keeping fingers crossed.

I have found that unlike phone orders, dot com cc hits are not done  in real time....

rated:
It is all sode out

rated:
jeffmd said:   Local store has one so I looked up its reviews and such. Gonna have to pass though. Windows 8 is great if you have a beastly tablet with 3d acceleration. Midrange windows tablets are just going to leave you wondering "What CAN I run on this?!"

An android tablet in this price range will run all android apps and all games. And give you better battery life.

How far is that store from 97526 Grants Pass Oregon?

rated:
Over an hour and my card has not been hot yet, nor does the order show up online, I will go to the store anyway...
The online showed they had 1 and it better be mine...

rated:
OOS for me sadface

rated:
ugh... I was really in the market for a 10" but for this price I had to pull the trigger -- I'll leave it unopened for a while just in case something better comes up.
If this really comes with office 2013 home/student as the Amazon description says, then that is a major plus -- although I would really like MS Access too.

Has anyone found a good 10" for around this price-point? I had been leaning toward the WalMart Le Pan android but wanted a better price

edit:  I don't think this is expired yet... since I placed my order *after* this thread was marked expired.  It's OOS online... but you might find it locally for pick-up.  Also, getting all the coupons to work at the same time took some doing with the back-button in ie10.  Dropped the "instant" savings... added the coupon code... back, back... back... several times... place order again.... tada... both coupons.  Good luck.

rated:
tacomite said:   ugh... I was really in the market for a 10" but for this price I had to pull the trigger -- I'll leave it unopened for a while just in case something better comes up.
If this really comes with office 2013 home/student as the Amazon description says, then that is a major plus -- although I would really like MS Access too.

Has anyone found a good 10" for around this price-point? I had been leaning toward the WalMart Le Pan android but wanted a better price

edit:  I don't think this is expired yet... since I placed my order *after* this thread was marked expired.  It's OOS online... but you might find it locally for pick-up

When did you order, it has been OOS online for 2 hours now.
Some stores may have them.

rated:
a couple minutes before I posted
it showed oos online, but I picked a nearby store and went with pick-up option

rated:
jeffmd said:   Local store has one so I looked up its reviews and such. Gonna have to pass though. Windows 8 is great if you have a beastly tablet with 3d acceleration. Midrange windows tablets are just going to leave you wondering "What CAN I run on this?!"

not at all true from what I've observed.  Have the Dell Venue Pro 8 32GB with this same Z3470D CPU and have been extremely impressed with how capable of a computer it actually is.  Curious as to what you're basing this conclusion on though if it is from experience of your own.

rated:
Thanks OP, I ordered one about 1pm eastern for local PU - one was left. Still no PU confirmation and order doesn't appear in history. Called Staples On-line and their system is totally down. Local store cannot confirm order, but confirms they have the 1 in stock. Apparently not willing to hold it, though, so I have to hope it's there when they finally get the system up and the pick-up confirmation out. On hold now with Staples to "see what they can do" -- 10+ minutes now.

rated:
justanothergeek said:   

not at all true from what I've observed.  Have the Dell Venue Pro 8 32GB with this same Z3470D CPU and have been extremely impressed with how capable of a computer it actually is.  Curious as to what you're basing this conclusion on though if it is from experience of your own.

Well, Street fighter 4 is what I consider my benchmark for "gaming and no gaming". Its based off upper end p4 performance and at best, 7900gs graphic performance. Even then the game does not demand much. Alas both tablets fail that test. I also like to find out if the cpu is capable of SSA styled subtitles. Some of my anime shows can be pretty heavy on the text effects and it causes a hit on the cpu. MX player on android handles these well by forcing refresh rates down. Saddly the subtitle plugins for windows are old and aren't as configurable. 

rated:
stevick said:   Thanks OP, I ordered one about 1pm eastern for local PU - one was left. Still no PU confirmation and order doesn't appear in history. Called Staples On-line and their system is totally down. Local store cannot confirm order, but confirms they have the 1 in stock. Apparently not willing to hold it, though, so I have to hope it's there when they finally get the system up and the pick-up confirmation out. On hold now with Staples to "see what they can do" -- 10+ minutes now.
  The store has it, just go buy it.

rated:
Ordered one around noon and never got a confirmation email....nor has my CC been charged. Disappointing, but typical of the dark void of my life where even luck is forsaken.

rated:
thanks for the heads up op. Although my store didn't show any on the online pickup screen, a quick trip down showed 3 on the shelf. Grabbed one, and left 2 for some other lucky FW'er

as this could still be live in store YMMV, i would move it back to hot deals.

rated:
Wads said:   thanks for the heads up op. Although my store didn't show any on the online pickup screen, a quick trip down showed 3 on the shelf. Grabbed one, and left 2 for some other lucky FW'er

what's your zip? I will go to take the rest 2.

rated:
I ordered online for in-store pickup but as others have stated Staples system was down so I never received the confirmation. I managed to get one locally, the manager said he will cancel the order if it comes through in their system finally. I was looking for a good low priced tablet for a trip to Spain, Thanks OP

rated:
what are the requirements on the coupon? When I put coupon in on Toshiba tablet, said it didn't meet price requirement. Same when I put in the Dell 8inch...
-jocal

rated:
zhoujian said:   
Wads said:   thanks for the heads up op. Although my store didn't show any on the online pickup screen, a quick trip down showed 3 on the shelf. Grabbed one, and left 2 for some other lucky FW'er

what's your zip? I will go to take the rest 2.

sent a pm of the store

rated:
jocal69 said:   what are the requirements on the coupon? When I put coupon in on Toshiba tablet, said it didn't meet price requirement. Same when I put in the Dell 8inch...
-jocal

must be clearance.

there is also a 199.99 regular Toshiba, that is not on clearance, and coupon doesn't work

wads

rated:
RE:
must be clearance.

Yes, during checkout coupon is worded
$75 off on clearance tablets

Actual wording$75 off any clearance PC or tablet.Coupon not applied: Minimum order total requirement has not been met.

rated:
Still not showing up under My Orders from an 11:05 AM purchase. Did anyone get an email confirmation for a ship to home order?

rated:
Minnguy34 said:   Still not showing up under My Orders from an 11:05 AM purchase. Did anyone get an email confirmation for a ship to home order?
  Nothing yet for 9:03 am pacific time order online for store pick up.
I went to store, they show 2, 1 is the display, the other was defective one, he showed it to me....
So no deal, though he would have honored the online print out of the store pick payment even though he has not received anything from Staples yet.
This was at 12:15 pm pacific time

rated:
Staples online system was down so never got confirmation back. I printed my order and called the store. They had 2 in stock, open boxes so they matched the order price of $124.99 and gave 5% off for open box. Fantastic deal for a windows tablet with HDMI port!! It came with MS office home & student 2013. Works great, quite fast. Connect to external monitor with micro HDMI and use Bluetooth keyboard, wireless hard drive 128Gb from Staples so now capacity doesn't matter. Also has slot for microSD card Samsung for another 64gb at WalMart for $29 today. Light weight and perfect to carry everywhere. Installed Teamviewer to use this to access my home desktop so storage or apps install no longer an issue. It did come with only 11gb free space left after windows 8.1 but not an issue. A great deal for $118.

rated:
stopped in store had a few. rang up at $190-$75 = $115

rated:
The coupon code is extended until the 16th
http://www.staples.com/coupons 

In-store Coupon Code: 16176
Online or Phone Coupon Code: 50464
===================
Valid in U.S. stores, online or by phone.
Expires August 16, 2014$75 off
any clearance PC or tablet
In-store Coupon Code: 16176
Online or Phone Coupon Code: 50464

rated:
Back in stock in midnight. Hurry if you are not sleeping.

Skipping 35 Messages...
rated:
Does anyone know if the MS office code cam be used on another computer if I didn't want to use it on the Encore?
Thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014