Ultrafast all-flash storage
802.11ac Wi-Fi support
Thunderbolt and USB 3 ports
720p FaceTime HD camera
Thin, light, durable design
High-resolution display
Powerful apps for creativity and productivity
OS X Mavericks, the world's most advanced desktop operating system

www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-latest-model-13-3-display... 

Member Summary

mac
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Price as of August 12th now $900 ($800 after coupon).  Check for an Amex offer of $25 back after spending $250 at Best Buy.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That is a good price for a great computer.
Don't forget CashBack and Bestbuys rebate program for another $30 +/-

Thanks OP. I had been vacillating for a while now due to high price of macs but finally ordered one using edu account. Also went via an airline credit card website to claim miles/$.

Don't forget to stop by your post office and ask for a free moving kit. Among the many coupons in it is a 10% off best buy that should stack with the college coupon (it did when I bought the 40" Toshiba).
Also if you have an Amex there is very likely a $25 off $250 in your "offers" for best buy so you can split among several cards and get an additional hefty discount.

RobL said:   Don't forget to stop by your post office and ask for a free moving kit. Among the many coupons in it is a 10% off best buy that should stack with the college coupon (it did when I bought the 40" Toshiba).
Also if you have an Amex there is very likely a $25 off $250 in your "offers" for best buy so you can split among several cards and get an additional hefty discount.

You can not stack the movers coupon with this deal.

Is there any indication of how long this price will last?

Update - 

I went to Best Buy this afternoon and was able to combine both student coupon and movers coupon. Here's my experience: 

First store I had a high school looking kid ringing me up and then a random supervisor (who looked like a college aged girl) came over to watch the transaction. Both of them were trying very hard to push the Best Buy warranty on me. I had to decline them three times. Unfortunately, I don't think they were happy they couldn't up sell me cuz the supervisor stopped the kid from scanning my movers coupon since I already used the student coupon. She went to check with the store manager who said it couldn't be done. I was about to leave the store but decided to speak with the manager personally. Some middle aged guy came out from the back office all disheveled and trying to tuck his shirt back into his pants but having difficulty since his gut was hanging out. Anyways, he gave me a lame "corporate told us not to scan these coupons anymore" excuse. Completely bogus. The movers coupon has not expired and is still valid in the system. Whatever. I left frustrated. 

Second store I saw a bored looking sales person surfing the web and asked for help. He didn't seem like he wanted to work, but got out of his chair to help me anyways. Fortunately, his attitude paid off for me cuz he looked at the movers coupon after I used the student coupon and was like, "I don't think this will work, but...*scan*...oh, I guess it did". Whew! Extremely relieved it all worked out. Icing on the cake was the fact that he was too lazy to try and up sell me on any warranty or anything. Just scanned the Macbook Air with all my coupons and let me pay for it. Quick and painless. I decided to press my luck and had him spread out my payment over three different Amex cards. 

Here's the breakdown of my final price: 

.$999.99 [Regular price]
-$150.00 [Current sale]
-$100.00 [Student coupon]
-$. 75.00 [Movers coupon]
-$. 75.00 [Amex sync with three different cards]
=====================
$599.99 [Subtotal]
$. 61.75 [Tax & Recycle]
=====================
$661.74 [Total]

jgh12 said:   Update - 

I went to Best Buy this afternoon and was able to combine both student coupon and movers coupon. Here's my experience: 

First store I had a high school looking kid ringing me up and then a random supervisor (who looked like a college aged girl) came over to watch the transaction. Both of them were trying very hard to push the Best Buy warranty on me. I had to decline them three times. Unfortunately, I don't think they were happy they couldn't up sell me cuz the supervisor stopped the kid from scanning my movers coupon since I already used the student coupon. She went to check with the store manager who said it couldn't be done. I was about to leave the store but decided to speak with the manager personally. Some middle aged guy came out from the back office all disheveled and trying to tuck his shirt back into his pants but having difficulty since his gut was hanging out. Anyways, he gave me a lame "corporate told us not to scan these coupons anymore" excuse. Completely bogus. The movers coupon has not expired and is still valid in the system. Whatever. I left frustrated. 

Second store I saw a bored looking sales person surfing the web and asked for help. He didn't seem like he wanted to work, but got out of his chair to help me anyways. Fortunately, his attitude paid off for me cuz he looked at the movers coupon after I used the student coupon and was like, "I don't think this will work, but...*scan*...oh, I guess it did". Whew! Extremely relieved it all worked out. Icing on the cake was the fact that he was too lazy to try and up sell me on any warranty or anything. Just scanned the Macbook Air with all my coupons and let me pay for it. Quick and painless. I decided to press my luck and had him spread out my payment over three different Amex cards. 

Here's the breakdown of my final price: 

.$999.99 [Regular price]
-$150.00 [Current sale]
-$100.00 [Student coupon]
-$. 75.00 [Movers coupon]
-$. 75.00 [Amex sync with three different cards]
=====================
$599.99 [Subtotal]
$. 61.75 [Tax & Recycle]
=====================
$661.74 [Total]

That's a killer deal! Thanks for sharing!

I've bought 6 or 7 of these in the last 3 months, has anyone ever gotten shut down by Best Buy for "coupon abuse"?

I usually go through a portal for 4% and have been getting the bonus 10% in "rewards" for using the BB credit card and paying it in full. Oddly enough I don't feel comfortable trying to use the movers coupon….. Not as good as erohrer, but I used my four AMEX 25's already…...

The deal will be dead today. They go fast.

How do you get this student coupon?

Find an open box, already discounted, then talk the manager into an extra 20% off. I do this all the time at my store.

Then take it to the Microsoft store and trade it in ($649 credit) for a Surface Pro 3.

Bring on the reds, but that would be my plan if I didn't already have a $999 SP3 (got for $769 three days after launch at BB). The open box discount - 20% additional. Lol.

Price was still $850 ($750 after coupon) through the evening, but is now $900 ($800).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014