• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
PNY Optima 240GB Solid State Drive (SSD7SC240GOPT-RB) - $104.99 - $15.00 emailed coupon code - $20.00 mail-in rebate = $69.99 with free shipping at Tiger Direct

LINK 
REBATE 
EMAILED COUPON CODE

• Model: SSD7SC240GOPT-RB
  • Capacity: 240GB
  • Controller: Silicon Motion
  • Interface: SATA III
  • Height: 7mm
  • 4KB Random Read: Up to 60,000 IOPS
  • 4KB Random Write: Up to 45,000 IOPS
  • MTBF: 1,000,000 hours
  • Warranty: 3 years

​$104.99 at Amazon 
$119.99 at Newegg 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Hrmmm, are we talking the same thing??  I never got a code, just an email with a link for the discount.  Click on the li... (more)

comprx (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 9:58a) |

Hey guys, Newegg has the same hard drive.

$99.99 with $20 rebate and 10% off purchase price with promo code VCO. May need... (more)

powerhungry (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 11:32a) |

The price seems to be dropping all the time! Guess better grab it now then later. Just never know how low it can get. My... (more)

dealstreasure (Aug. 14, 2014 @ 1:19p) |

4KB Random Read: Up to 60,000 IOPS
4KB Random Write: Up to 45,000 IOPS
Power Consumption (Active): 5W
Power Consumption (Idle): 0.1W
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'm getting a "page could not be found" error, but looking at the URL when I follow the coupon-code link, I think that this the $15 coupon you were intending...
http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/include/events/2014... 

rated:
down to 54.99 - if you have the TD $15 credit when you purchase using your AMEX offers.

rated:
It shows $104 at Tiger.

rated:
GuyFromNJ said:   down to 54.99 - if you have the TD $15 credit when you purchase using your AMEX offers.

You can not use the Amex offer unless you have a filler

rated:
Plus $15 back on $50 purchase with AMEX ... net cost $54.99 AR! Thanks OP!

rated:
I really don't think its fair to put the $15 off on this because it is separate and can only be used once. It amounts to a false deal.

rated:
how to get a 10 off code?

rated:
Amex promotion possible ended? Not available on all 3 of my cards...

rated:
Amex, No go, not available on my card. I did one rebate recently, can do I one more.

rated:
Schmide said:   I really don't think its fair to put the $15 off on this because it is separate and can only be used once. It amounts to a false deal.
  I agree. That Tiger email coupon can't be used again on your Tiger account even if they send you a new link. Good deal if you haven't used the coupon yet; so it is definitely YMMV.

rated:
this is a sweet deal, ... must not buy...

rated:
I think this is one of the bait-and-switch SSDs from PNY.

rated:
In for 1...Hope to receive the $20 MIR.
TYOP !!!

rated:
dpacman said:   
Schmide said:   I really don't think its fair to put the $15 off on this because it is separate and can only be used once. It amounts to a false deal.
  I agree. That Tiger email coupon can't be used again on your Tiger account even if they send you a new link. Good deal if you haven't used the coupon yet; so it is definitely YMMV.

From my experience this is not true.  You can use it as many times as you have email addresses to get new links.  I've used it a number of times on the same TD account just by using different email addresses for the discount link.  They haven't complained yet.

rated:
barbeque said:   I think this is one of the bait-and-switch SSDs from PNY.
  It did switch to a different and better controller, to a controller used by PNY in there costlier SSD range. But all the latest stocks are back to the original controller.
This was not  like the Kingston fiasco, but was made to appear like one.

rated:
  Like every other deal, there's some element of "your mileage may vary" or "should your needs qualify" so why is this any different?  I get it, that most people surfing FW may already have a Tiger Account but bottom line is, the OP put the information out there, you do what you will/can with it based on your circumstances.  After all, this is a deal site not an encyclopedia... just sayin.    Please don't anyone turn this into a serious debate as I'm just messin around but as much as I love FW,  I always hate to see a good FW deal get all technical.

rated:
comprx said:   
dpacman said:   

From my experience this is not true.  You can use it as many times as you have email addresses to get new links.  I've used it a number of times on the same TD account just by using different email addresses for the discount link.  They haven't complained yet.

Pacman, were different card cards required as well ?  

I half agree with Schmide, I think YMMV should be in the title.  

rated:
givememoredeals said:   
GuyFromNJ said:   down to 54.99 - if you have the TD $15 credit when you purchase using your AMEX offers.

You can not use the Amex offer unless you have a filler

Yes you can - got mine - complete with AMEX acknowledgement that it is qualified for the 15 off 50 from TD. Registered for rebate too.

rated:
SithMaster said:   
comprx said:   
dpacman said:   

I've done this six times on the same TD account, same credit card. So I'm not sure why several folks are saying this is once per TD account.  You need a new discount link each time.  If someone has actually tried it more than once with different discount links and had trouble, please post your experience

ETA: I do see where the page to sign up says one per customer, but in practice it's one per email address.

rated:
In for one, thanks

rated:
I'm only seeing a 12 month Warranty. The post states there is a 3 year warranty. Is that a typo or is there a way to get the 3 year warranty?

rated:
The 3 year warranty is actually 1 year plus 2 more if you register at the PNY web site.

rated:
price went up by $10

rated:
Newegg has it for $99.99 with $20 rebate

Link 

rated:
comprx said:   
SithMaster said:   
comprx said:   
dpacman said:   

I've done this six times on the same TD account, same credit card. So I'm not sure why several folks are saying this is once per TD account.  You need a new discount link each time.  If someone has actually tried it more than once with different discount links and had trouble, please post your experience

ETA: I do see where the page to sign up says one per customer, but in practice it's one per email address.

I got a new code via a different email address but when i tried to use it on my TD account it said I already used this deal. I was able to use that code on a different (my son's) TD account. Definitely YMMV.

rated:
CheapCheap1 said:   In for 1...Hope to receive the $20 MIR.
TYOP !!!

YOU WILL NOT GET THE $20 REBATE FROM PNY. My rebate never came after over 3 months. I did not even get an acknowledgement of receiving my submission. Happens same thing to my friend who bought it at about the same time frame. THE REBATE IS A REBAIT.

rated:
simpleDeal said:   
CheapCheap1 said:   In for 1...Hope to receive the $20 MIR.
TYOP !!!

YOU WILL NOT GET THE $20 REBATE FROM PNY. My rebate never came after over 3 months. I did not even get an acknowledgement of receiving my submission. Happens same thing to my friend who bought it at about the same time frame. THE REBATE IS A REBAIT.

Did you go thru the online rebate submission? It woudl have a tracking  numbe rthat you can inquire with. I have great experience with TD rebates lately - they even come within 6 weeks.

rated:
dpacman said:   
comprx said:   
SithMaster said:   
comprx said:   
dpacman said:   

I got a new code via a different email address but when i tried to use it on my TD account it said I already used this deal. I was able to use that code on a different (my son's) TD account. Definitely YMMV.

Hrmmm, are we talking the same thing??  I never got a code, just an email with a link for the discount.  Click on the link, it opens a browser window saying I'm eligible for the deal ... with $100+ in my cart the discount shows up and I check out as usual.  This all while I'm already logged it at TD.  And IIRC I always already had what I want in my cart when I click on the discount link.  

Thanks for following up with details -- more info is always better.  Rather odd if some could do it multiple times and others can't.

rated:
Hey guys, Newegg has the same hard drive.

$99.99 with $20 rebate and 10% off purchase price with promo code VCO. May need to pay with a Visa credit card that is enrolled in the "Verified by Visa" program

Free Shoprunner shipping.

The drive comes to $69.99 after rebate.

Link 

rated:
The price seems to be dropping all the time! Guess better grab it now then later. Just never know how low it can get. My old drive cost more than double just a year ago ;o(

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014