• filter:
  • Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
 THIS DEAL IS CONFIRMED for Sunday 8/17 with coupon expiration date of 8/17. see PDF to print in post by jatan1986 above in post comments.

See link,

17.3" Toshiba
SALE PRICE of $349.99 a/ $50 rebate less $100 coupon = $249.99 + tax and $15 back in rewards for premier 5% of $300  http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L75-B7270-173-Laptop-4G... 

or i3 Processor Toshiba $299.99 ac and $50 rebate
http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C55-B5272-156-Laptop-6G... 

COUPON HERE TO PRINT OUT NOW!

www.staples.com/coupons  

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary

laptop (20.43kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I assume memory like this is needed http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006YG8X9Y but anyone seeing good prices on 8GB? 
Al... (more)

invisible (Aug. 23, 2014 @ 5:58p) |

So far, RAM has not been an issue for me. I hate the touch pad, though.

I may upgrade the RAM later if it starts to be a... (more)

kmsandrbs (Aug. 24, 2014 @ 12:31p) |

Touchpad requires some getting used to.

It is pretty terrible.

DeltaSigChi4 (Sep. 04, 2014 @ 4:35a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
GREYMULKIN

If you're going to red the thread, at least have the courage to say why. There is no reason I can see why this deal wouldn't work and YMMV is clearly part of the title, so what exactly is the issue?

rated:
I'm seeing prices of $379 and $399 after coupon ($100) and rebate ($50) are taken into account and I have no idea what "$15 back in rewards for premier 5% of $300" is supposed to mean.

While the Pentium-chipped model has a 17" screen, the Core i3 model has a 15" screen.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   GREYMULKIN

If you're going to red the thread, at least have the courage to say why. There is no reason I can see why this deal wouldn't work and YMMV is clearly part of the title, so what exactly is the issue?

I was typing my reply.

rated:
Greymulkin said:   

I was typing my reply.

Nevermind, I see that this is for the future.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   1. this deal is contigent on the $100 off $499+ laptop q still scanning on Mon and Tues

MrC, if sale price is 350 etc, would the 100 off 499 still apply in general? is that on original price?
Also this is to be online also right? hate going to store .. .am in laptop mkt again ....

rated:
invisible said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   1. this deal is contigent on the $100 off $499+ laptop q still scanning on Mon and Tues
MrC, if sale price is 350 etc, would the 100 off 499 still apply in general? is that on original price?
Also this is to be online also right? hate going to store .. .am in laptop mkt again ....

not sure if expired q's work for two days after online, but worth a try.

yes, it is "REGULAR" price of $499.99+ so that's all that matters...sale price has no bearing on the use of the coupon, it is fine to use.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   not sure if expired q's work for two days after online, but worth a try.Expired coupon + Online = Does Not Compute.

rated:
Nevermind, I'm stupid and didn't read the thread title.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   not sure if expired q's work for two days after online, but worth a try.
Expired coupon + Online = Does Not Compute.

i was thinking the same.  Hope the coupon works in the store though. 

rated:
MC
Are cashiers generally ok with the exp coupon acceptance?

rated:
pietromoon said:   MC
Are cashiers generally ok with the exp coupon acceptance?

as long as they scan it and it takes (without beeping/not valid message), generally yes. Most (but not all cashiers) don't typically read the coupon that closely. If they do and they question it, simply say they've offered a two day grace period and it will work if they scan it. (assuming Staples doesn't deactivate this q on 8-17)

rated:
Greymulkin said:   I'm seeing prices of $379 and $399 after coupon ($100) and rebate ($50) are taken into account and I have no idea what "$15 back in rewards for premier 5% of $300" is supposed to mean.

While the Pentium-chipped model has a 17" screen, the Core i3 model has a 15" screen.

5% in rewards are earned for premier members. such that if you buy the 17" laptop, you will pay $299.99 ac and before the rebate which will earn you $15 in rewards if premier. (or 2-3% for other levels)

learn about Staples rewards here www.staplesrewards.com

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Greymulkin said:   I'm seeing prices of $379 and $399 after coupon ($100) and rebate ($50) are taken into account and I have no idea what "$15 back in rewards for premier 5% of $300" is supposed to mean.

5% in rewards are earned for premier members. such that if you buy the 17" laptop, you will pay $299.99 ac and before the rebate which will earn you $15 in rewards if premier. (or 2-3% for other levels)

I love the red people give when they don't even know why... smh

rated:
Big YMMV and the title should be adjusted to what works not what might happen.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   Big YMMV and the title should be adjusted to what works not what might happen.

BIG, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS YMMV? Nothing big about it if the coupon scans....plain and simple, the other compontents are NOT YMMV, so if the coupon deducts $100 you are good to go. And how can the title be adjusted to what works if we don't even know what works yet....cause if noone gives this a shot (and there's no risk if the coupon doesn't scan, you just walk away), then noone will know or not what works.

Why do people look for reasons to make things worse or harder than they have to be??

rated:
camar0 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

I love the red people give when they don't even know why... smh

People give red for their own lack of reading comprehension! But he did change it after he saw he read it wrong. So all good now.

rated:
The price is good, but 17" screen is a little big for me. I'm seeking for a 15" screen with Core i5 processor.

rated:
Don't you mean Sunday and Monday?

polishdreamer said:   Big YMMV and the title should be adjusted to what works not what might happen.
I think the odds are pretty good that it works Sunday and Monday.

rated:
billrubin said:   
Don't you mean Sunday and Monday?

yes...will fix. title is correct.

rated:
abbywa said:   The price is good, but 17" screen is a little big for me. I'm seeking for a 15" screen with Core i5 processor.
You can't always get what you want. At least not at prices like this.

rated:

There are many mean FWers in the forum lately.
They love the red button and usually do not appreciate the OP's effort.
They just couldnt be any happier when OP made a small mistake.
They love thread crapping. "I would rather pay $XX more for a decent unit."

I honestly think the FW's bilateral voting system is to blame.
A thread could actually be more than just Good/bad (Green/red). It could be "Funny", "Cool", "helpful", like the system on Yelp.

rated:
The "extra $100 off laptops" coupon link I received in my official e-mail from Staples also shows "Valid 8/10/14 - 8/17/14". I sure looks like deals like these should be for sure valid on Sunday - but I sure wouldn't expect anything to work on Monday. Given that it might be best to adjust the thread title and details to just Sun 8/17?

rated:
MrHosehead said:   The "extra $100 off laptops" coupon link I received in my official e-mail from Staples also shows "Valid 8/10/14 - 8/17/14". I sure looks like deals like these should be for sure valid on Sunday - but I sure wouldn't expect anything to work on Monday. Given that it might be best to adjust the thread title and details to just Sun 8/17?

If that's the case, the coupon will DEFINITELY work on Sunday and possibly Mon and Tuesday as well! 

rated:
wtfu said:   

They love the red button and usually do not appreciate the OP's effort.
They just couldnt be anymore happier when OP made a small mistake.
They love thread crapping. "I would rather pay $XX more for a decent unit."

I honestly think the FW's bilateral voting system is to blame.
A thread could actually be more than just Good/bad (Green/red). It could be "Funny", "Cool", "helpful", like the system on Yelp.

I get reds, typically doesn't phase me, but on this deal, a FW'er I never even heard of gave it red 15 mins after it was posted, and I was baffled cause it was a very accurate post with all caveats covered (YMMV, contingent on the coupon working, etc). So, ok, why red? It doesn't help me as the OP correct a thread if there is a legit issue and it doesn't help YOU as the voter learn why your concerns are not valid if you don't say why!

In this case the red came from someone not reading the sale dates, thinking the sale was NOW and seeing different prices at the link. He figured out his mistake and changed the vote. But if you at least post "the prices show higher", someone can post, the sale doesn't start til Sunday, helping out the poster who might actually be interested in the deal understand it better.

rated:
Found a discrepancy @ http://staples.shoplocal.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278456#...

Online verbiage shows expiration of 8/17.
Fine print of coupon image shows expiration of 8/16.
This is for coupon code 79449 online and 46709 retail.
The 79449 code failed for me earlier in the week, when attempting to buy a laptop regularly priced $499, on-sale for $449.
Easy Rebate makes this the same deal, just a different process.  If the combo works, then awesome!

rated:
wtfu said:   

Whose daytime job is to give red. The so called resident "red crappers"
They never post any deals and just "red: the OP without any comment in the thread.
This system should be changed as to at least make it mandatory to post a comment when giving red.
Just my 2 cents.

rated:
grebz2013 said:   This is for coupon code 79449 online and 46709 retail.
The 79449 code failed for me earlier in the week, when attempting to buy a laptop regularly priced $499, on-sale for $449.

Given this ... any confirmation (by someone who bought one this week) that the online or in store coupon will work on sale-priced computers that are regularly priced $499 or above? I originally read the coupon as indicating that the computer still had to be its regular price.

rated:
MrHosehead said:   The "extra $100 off laptops" coupon link I received in my official e-mail from Staples also shows "Valid 8/10/14 - 8/17/14". I sure looks like deals like these should be for sure valid on Sunday - but I sure wouldn't expect anything to work on Monday. Given that it might be best to adjust the thread title and details to just Sun 8/17?

Any link to that coupon or a way to share it?  I'd like to have a copy as all of the ones I see online have the 8/16 date.

Thanks!

rated:
Email coupon attached from 8/12 Staples email -- PDF not edited

rated:
Wow, looks like I'm getting a new laptop. I wonder if this will fit in the 20% off bag. Haha, j/k.

rated:
Since supply is likely to be limited, should I buy today, then return/re-buy with coupon on Sunday?

rated:
ushneb said:   Wow, looks like I'm getting a new laptop. I wonder if this will fit in the 20% off bag. Haha, j/k.
  it should work it states valid on clearance laptops just use it last im certainly going to try sunday

rated:
tommythe said:   
ushneb said:   Wow, looks like I'm getting a new laptop. I wonder if this will fit in the 20% off bag. Haha, j/k.
  it should work it states valid on clearance laptops just use it last im certainly going to try sunday

Interesting!

rated:
tommythe said:   

But the $100 off coupon clearly states it does not work on clearance.

rated:
kmsandrbs said:   
tommythe said:   

he is not saying to use it on a clearance lappy, the OP laptops are NOT clearance.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
kmsandrbs said:   
tommythe said:   

he is not saying to use it on a clearance lappy, the OP laptops are NOT clearance.

Huh. The same restrictions that say it is valid on clearance laptops clearly say it is not valid on laptops, tablets, or desktop computers. That's why it seemed to me the suggestion was it was going to be used on a clearance laptop instead of the OP laptops.

It is unlikely it will hurt to try the coupon, but if someone is trying to use both the $100 off and 20% off, they are hoping that explicit statements on one of the coupons will be ignored. I get that this does sometimes happen with Staples, but it seems a great degree of luck would be needed to make that happen.

rated:
kmsandrbs said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
kmsandrbs said:   
tommythe said:   

Huh. The same restrictions that say it is valid on clearance laptops clearly say it is not valid on laptops, tablets, or desktop computers. That's why it seemed to me the suggestion was it was going to be used on a clearance laptop instead of the OP laptops.

It is unlikely it will hurt to try the coupon, but if someone is trying to use both the $100 off and 20% off, they are hoping that explicit statements on one of the coupons will be ignored. I get that this does sometimes happen with Staples, but it seems a great degree of luck would be needed to make that happen.

the bottom line is, you have nothing to lose if you try.....and that was the posters point, which seemed to be totally missed by you.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
kmsandrbs said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
kmsandrbs said:   
tommythe said:   

the bottom line is, you have nothing to lose if you try.....and that was the posters point, which seemed to be totally missed by you.

Fortune favors the bold.... Thanks again MisterCheap

Skipping 60 Messages...
rated:
Touchpad requires some getting used to.

It is pretty terrible.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014