• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Asus T100 2-in-1 10.1
Disclaimer
Asus T100 2-in-1 10.1" Laptop  $350 -$100 = $249 + tax  + up to 5%Cash Back after using code 79449  (thanks to mister cheap)

Member Summary

asus
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Any other coupon codes to use toward this? eBay?

FrugalMiester (Aug. 19, 2014 @ 8:16a) |

Staples no longer does 5% Cash Back, unless yous spend more than 1,000 annually. I bought items in June and got 5%, thi... (more)

kstine (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 7:12p) |

Interesting.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Looks like they change it.
Base - Spend up to $499 -2%
Plus $500 - $999 - 3%
Pre... (more)

HKSturboKid (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 7:24p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Made from durable and scratch-resistant glass, the IPS panel for wide viewing angles at a 1366 x 768 resolution.

• Intel Atom 1.3GHz, up to 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache Processor
  • 2GB LPDDR3 system memory
  • Includes activation card for MS Office Home & Student 2013
  • 64GB EMMC hard drive
  • 10.1" 250nit WXGA IPS display
  • Wireless Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n + BT4.0
  • 1.2MP webcam
  • High quality stereo speakers
  • 31Wh Li-polymer battery: Up to 11 hours of battery life
  • Dimensions: 6.76" (L) x 10.36" (W) x 0.93" (D) (2.36 lbs.)
  • Windows 8.1
  • 1 Year limited warranty

very good price.  ty.

I have hemmed and hawed over many similar deals until they are sold out. This time I am in. Thanks!

This tablet has atom cpu? to me, this is not a real good deal. Sorry. Compare to Nexus and Toshiba.

Got one in front of me. Works great. Never had a complaint with speed. Comes with MS Office. Android is a resource hog which leads some people to assume all tablets need to be top of the line to perform well. I have both. And this Windows tablet works just fine.

ConsoleOS compatible
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mmv/console-os-dual-boot-android-remastered-for-the-pc/description

after enter all gift cards and it is out of stock.

OP change the title, is not a Laptop it's a Tablet.

JSquare293 said:   OP change the title, is not a Laptop it's a Tablet.
Staples lists it as a laptop

delson said:   after enter all gift cards and it is out of stock.  
Try a local pick-up, if you haven't already

tracfancier said:   
Staples lists it as a laptop

It both! It's a laptop, it's a tablet, it's a time machine, a waffle iron.

Although not obvious in the picture and it's unmentioned in the product description, it does in fact have a keyboard .  

detachable keyboard. typing on it now

does it have GPS? google shows me a couple people say "no" -- but i'm not finding anything in specs or any reputable site I know of

i have one since thanksgiving last year.  loving it so far.  and no, it does not have gps.

full windows 8.1 on quad core Atom?  Tablet / Keyboard combo?  Pretty hot to me.

TigerDirect got 32GB version for $200 after rebate.

How long is the boot time on these things?

Sold Out

I've had this since December. The quad core Atom NEVER let me down and left me wishing for a more robust/faster CPU. That's probably helped by having an SSD drive instead of a slow hard drive. If you leave it in low-power stand-by, boot time is near-instant. Battery will last for days in this mode depending on what you leave open. If you turn it off (actually shut-down windows) boot-time is usually around 12-15 seconds on mine.

Do we need a new thread for every laptop/tablet at Staples? One thread for the coupon isn't sufficient?

Yes.
No.

SecondGunman said:   Do we need a new thread for every laptop/tablet at Staples? One thread for the coupon isn't sufficient?

While it may get cluttered, it is necessary, there's too much discussion of each particular "hot item" and it gets confusing if jumbled into one master thread. Plus each item goes oos at unique times and it gets real confusing if people are trying to order an item they read about in an active thread where one of the "hot picks" is already sold out.

Nuff said...

I bought this for my wife and she likes it. The only downside is that she sometimes has to reload Castleville (a Facebook game which uses Unity Web Player) the first time she boots up, but it usually works fine after that.

It's kind of odd using a tablet that isn't Android, but we very rarely miss having the Google Play Store. Having full Windows 8 works out pretty well.

How well would this work as a home theater PC?

Is coupon code still working for people? Am I just stupid? (Don't answer that, please I tried to use the code in OP and it said expired.

I bought the 32 gb version.

One big downside is this machine is only 32 bit Windows 8.1. Even though the CPU is 64 bit ASUS screwed up the bios in a way that it can only boot 32 bit operating systems.

This isn't too big of a deal currently as it only has 2 gb of memory and many applications come in both 32 and 64 bit variants but over time I imagine 32 bit distribution will be phased out. If you want to boot an alternative OS it is also problematic.

Devo666 said:   Is coupon code still working for people? Am I just stupid? (Don't answer that, please I tried to use the code in OP and it said expired.
  Item is back in stock but coupon code expired.  Bummer, I bought one of these for my wife last year and she/we love it, been looking for a great price to grab a second. I guess I wait some more.

If you travel a lot, this is a must get. It performs like a regular laptop, but is compact enough to carry everywhere. Really lives up the name "notebook computer". Battery life is great, but takes a while to charge up. So try to keep it charged when you can.

Any other coupon codes to use toward this? eBay?

Staples no longer does 5% Cash Back, unless yous spend more than 1,000 annually. I bought items in June and got 5%, this month, only 2%. Be warned, they didn't let anybody know of this change

kstine said:   Staples no longer does 5% Cash Back, unless yous spend more than 1,000 annually. I bought items in June and got 5%, this month, only 2%. Be warned, they didn't let anybody know of this change
  Interesting.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Looks like they change it.
Base - Spend up to $499 -2%
Plus $500 - $999 - 3%
Premier $1000 or more - 5%

http://www.staplesrewardscenter.com/SORC/UserManagement/Benefits... 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014