• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
$99.99 after $30 mail-in rebate

save an additional $15 with $15 off $100 rebate - www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/campaigns/include/events/2014/backTo... 

Free U.S. Calling; after purchase of the Ooma Telo (Applicable taxes and fees apply).
Voicemail, Caller-ID, Call-waiting, One-touch voicemal access, Online call log, Fax mode, Caller-ID Blocking, Remote voice retrieval, Call hold, Call return, Optional bluetooth adapter, Online preferences, Worldwide Ooma-to-Ooma calling, 911 service, Online Voicemail playback, area code selection, encrypted calls, 911 email and text alerts, Online phonebook, 7/10-Digit dialing
Ooma PureVoice™ HD; Delivers superior voice quality and reliability, even under extreme conditions.
Keep your current phone number or get a new number in any area code.

www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?Ed... 

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I have Comcast, last time I checked down was like 34 to 39, but they said my area has been upgraded to 105 speed, I have... (more)

Dilbertic (Aug. 22, 2014 @ 7:16p) |

I don't want to know how to switch between 2 lines. I can do that with a 2 line phone which I already have.    That was... (more)

MisterEd (Aug. 25, 2014 @ 10:53a) |

You will need to purchase 2 Ooma units and port both your phone numbers to Ooma.  Found this on the internets - Setup tw... (more)

ChalPhut (Aug. 25, 2014 @ 11:21a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I just set this up last weekend. Call quality is decent, and its a snap to set up. Overall, satisfied with it.

rated:
MarsdenFubar said:   I just set this up last weekend. Call quality is decent, and its a snap to set up. Overall, satisfied with it.
  LOL - wanted to give you that badge

rated:
I just set mine up too but I haven't ported over our home landline yet. Sound quality is superior to att. We already switched over from ATT wireless to Consumer. With 3 smartphone lines that is saving us about $100 month. Switch to Ooma will save another . $30

rated:
ctgolfer said:   
MarsdenFubar said:   I just set this up last weekend. Call quality is decent, and its a snap to set up. Overall, satisfied with it.

What badge? 

rated:
GreenTrash said:   
ctgolfer said:   

What badge? 

The "you can't be serious badge", i work here, and i don't know how its awarded.

rated:
Do you need two separate boxes for two separate phone numbers? I have 2 lines at home.

rated:
GreenTrash said:   I just set mine up too but I haven't ported over our home landline yet. Sound quality is superior to att. We already switched over from ATT wireless to Consumer. With 3 smartphone lines that is saving us about $100 month. Switch to Ooma will save another . $30
  You do know that once you disconnect your land line that you can plug it into one of your telephone jacks and all your jacks will get service from Ooma.   Just make sure you discount the line going into the house which is extremely easy to do (you can find instructions online)

rated:
And don't call me Shirley!

rated:
MisterEd said:   Do you need two separate boxes for two separate phone numbers? I have 2 lines at home.

The Telo supports two lines, but very awkwardly-  You can only use it with a one-line phone, and you must switch between the the lines on the Telo unit.  You cannot use the two lines with two telephones (or with a 2-line phone).
To get a second line, you need to either get a second Telo unit, or get a Ooma Lynx which lets you have an independent second line.

rated:
Are there any activation fees that I should know about? Thanks

rated:
I guess this is dead? Says "Available In-Store", can't order online...

rated:
raadical said:   Are there any activation fees that I should know about? Thanks
  None unless you port your current number $40, or if a used unit then there is an activation fee (this is a new unit). Monthly fees/taxes are usually under $5/month

rated:
JosiOK said:   
MisterEd said:   Do you need two separate boxes for two separate phone numbers? I have 2 lines at home.
The Telo supports two lines, but very awkwardly-  You can only use it with a one-line phone, and you must switch between the the lines on the Telo unit.  You cannot use the two lines with two telephones (or with a 2-line phone).
To get a second line, you need to either get a second Telo unit, or get a Ooma Lynx which lets you have an independent second line.

I looked at the description of the lLINX and it doesn't seem to work for 2 separate numbers. It seems to simply be a power line adapter so you don't have to run a wire.  Maybe (probably) I am missing something?  http://ooma.com/app/support/setting-your-ooma-linx 

I want to have 2 totally separate numbers (usable on a 2 line phone) as I do with my current VOIP provider.

What are the advantages of using an Ooma Linx?The Ooma Linx allows you to extend Ooma service to any room in your home. By using an Ooma Linx, you will save the cost and hassle of rewiring your home and you will gain the convenience and flexibility of a telephone extension that can be easily moved anywhere. 

rated:
Ooma works great, it was easy to set up, and great call quality. I tried the Premier during the free period. Nice features, but not worth the extra money in my case. I pay $3.72 a month.

rated:
JosiOK said:   

You can also switch between two lines using the Telo handset accessory. It's not a great handset, but it is the easiest way to control 2 lines with a telo.

rated:
I bought the original Ooma and love that thing. It has saved me tons of cash.

rated:
arribasn said:   
raadical said:   Are there any activation fees that I should know about? Thanks
  None unless you port your current number $40, or if a used unit then there is an activation fee (this is a new unit). Monthly fees/taxes are usually under $5/month

Thank you

rated:
I have this also, but had a few issues so I don't know if it's my unit or network..

1. I kept getting a call from out of country so I blocked it, next thing I know I wasn't getting any calls from anyone that was using a comcast phone line, called ooma hey said it's comcast fault.. Hmmm but somehow the next day it started working again...
2. When I call people they say for the 2 to 5 seconds they can't hear anything so they think it's a telemarketing caller and sometime hang up
3. Other strange stuff like when I call someone once in a awhile I hear the normal ringing sound, and they already picked it up , but it just keeps ringing or I get echo'ing delay?

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Dil

rated:
Dilbertic said:   I have this also, but had a few issues so I don't know if it's my unit or network..

1. I kept getting a call from out of country so I blocked it, next thing I know I wasn't getting any calls from anyone that was using a comcast phone line, called ooma hey said it's comcast fault.. Hmmm but somehow the next day it started working again...
2. When I call people they say for the 2 to 5 seconds they can't hear anything so they think it's a telemarketing caller and sometime hang up
3. Other strange stuff like when I call someone once in a awhile I hear the normal ringing sound, and they already picked it up , but it just keeps ringing or I get echo'ing delay?

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Dil

I've had my Ooma for ~5 yrs; We we first moved out rural home, the only ISP was a 'wireless' ISP that speed tested at about 1.5mbs and we would get weird phone behavior. After a year of documenting the issue and outages, I dropped them for a new offering in the area (coax based at 15mbs). All my problems went away. 

What's your internet speed like at home, and have you taken your Ooma to a friend's house and tested it? (its portable, no further setup required)

rated:
I have Comcast, last time I checked down was like 34 to 39, but they said my area has been upgraded to 105 speed, I have a old Dlink gaming router, about 5 years old 10/100/1000 and my network is all Cat6 hardwired, guess I will have to try out a friends house to see if it has an issue.

Thanks for the info

Dil

rated:
excoriatorb said:   
JosiOK said:   

You can also switch between two lines using the Telo handset accessory. It's not a great handset, but it is the easiest way to control 2 lines with a telo.

I don't want to know how to switch between 2 lines. I can do that with a 2 line phone which I already have.    That wasn't my question.

My question was and still is:

I currently have 2 separate independent phone numbers in my home. I want to retain these 2 separate independent phone numbers. If I go for OOMA what do I need to retain these 2 separate independent phone numbers?  Do I need 2 completely separate OOMA systems, one for each line? 

Once I have the 2 lines I know how to access them, I just need to know what my OOMA costs will be in order to have 2 completely separate independent phone numbers.  My current provider uses ONE SINGLE ATA DEVICE that has 2 lines available.in the ONE DEVICE each of which handle **ONE** my 2 separate independent phone numbers.

rated:
MisterEd said:   
excoriatorb said:   
JosiOK said:   

You can also switch between two lines using the Telo handset accessory. It's not a great handset, but it is the easiest way to control 2 lines with a telo.

I don't want to know how to switch between 2 lines. I can do that with a 2 line phone which I already have.    That wasn't my question.

My question was and still is:

I currently have 2 separate independent phone numbers in my home. I want to retain these 2 separate independent phone numbers. If I go for OOMA what do I need to retain these 2 separate independent phone numbers?  Do I need 2 completely separate OOMA systems, one for each line? 

Once I have the 2 lines I know how to access them, I just need to know what my OOMA costs will be in order to have 2 completely separate independent phone numbers.  My current provider uses ONE SINGLE ATA DEVICE that has 2 lines available.in the ONE DEVICE each of which handle **ONE** my 2 separate independent phone numbers.

You will need to purchase 2 Ooma units and port both your phone numbers to Ooma.  Found this on the internets - Setup two-line phone wiring using two Ooma systems

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.