• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Finish Powerball Tabs Dishwasher Detergent, Fresh Scent, 90 Count   $11.72 w/coupon+ tax FS over $35
On sale for $13.87. Clip the coupon to save another $2.15.  Works out at 13 cents each

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GLXKDPC/ref=oh_aui_detailpag...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Related Deals   People who viewed this deal also viewed these similar deals.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
put merchant in title

skh12 (Aug. 26, 2014 @ 6:58p) |

Just saw the Costco Offer too. Local Target had this 90 Count for 11.99 too, so if you had any sort of coupon, it would ... (more)

ThreeDJMay (Aug. 26, 2014 @ 10:46p) |

These are $14.95 for 220 (2 x 110 count boxes) at Costco.

ryunis1 (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 12:36a) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I can't comment on the deal, but Costco recently had these on sale and I am not a fan. They often do not clean the dishes well, and I need to use two at a time to get reasonable results.

rated:
Subscribe and save and get it down to $11.03.... or even $9.64 w/ 4 other subscribe and save items in the same month.

rated:
nixGuru said:   I can't comment on the deal, but Costco recently had these on sale and I am not a fan. They often do not clean the dishes well, and I need to use two at a time to get reasonable results.
  Well, 3000+ Amazon reviewers beg to differ non-fanboy.

rated:
I don't rinse my dishes nor do I have a fancy dishwasher but I use these tabs and my dishes come out clean

rated:
Currently BOGO @ Costco - 110 x 2 (220 Tabs) for 17 bucks. Less than 8 cents a tab @ C0stc0 vs. 12.22 cents @ AMZ.

rated:
For Sam's Club it's a little less also, even after 6% tax in MI. They have 100 tabs. Don't know if they try to match any Costco deals...

rated:
We got a new Bosch dishwasher (when our 22 year old one died) and its manual tells us we still need to use Rinse agent even if we use an 'all in one' tablet.

Also -the amount of detergent recommended with this new dishwasher is 1 tablespoon (the exact amount varies depending on your water softness or hardness and how crudded up your dishes are).

For us anyway - it is far cheaper to just use a good quality powdered detergent than the tablets.

rated:
dumroo said:   Currently BOGO @ Costco - 110 x 2 (220 Tabs) for 17 bucks. Less than 8 cents a tab @ C0stc0 vs. 12.22 cents @ AMZ.

Wow, i'm not sure where you're at, but my Costco has them for $12.99 plus the BOGO coupon, so it's more like 6 cents per.  Great deal.

We've been using cascade for a while because we were waiting for the Costco BOGO deal again.  Thanks, OP.

rated:
These work best in my new dishwasher, I tried the gel and have been using liquid.

rated:
I've been using these for a year, and have had very good results.

rated:
nixGuru said:   I can't comment on the deal, but Costco recently had these on sale and I am not a fan. They often do not clean the dishes well, and I need to use two at a time to get reasonable results.
  I have been using these from Costco for many years and never had a problem.  Clean and streak free without a rinse agent.

rated:
A major factor in how well your dishwasher works is how hard your water is. Until a year or two ago, dishwasher detergents contained phosphates which softened water and helped the detergents work better. But phosphates are banned in detergent now. So people in areas with hard water will get poorer performance from their washers and their detergents.

rated:
I'm in! Thanks!!!!!

rated:
I haven't checked recently, but within the last couple years, these were ranked #1 in Consumer Reports testing. I've been using them ever since, and they do the job. 

rated:
T@rget also has Finish tabs BOGO this week...45 + 45 = 90 tabs for $10.

rated:
careh said:   We got a new Bosch dishwasher (when our 22 year old one died) and its manual tells us we still need to use Rinse agent even if we use an 'all in one' tablet.

Also -the amount of detergent recommended with this new dishwasher is 1 tablespoon (the exact amount varies depending on your water softness or hardness and how crudded up your dishes are).

For us anyway - it is far cheaper to just use a good quality powdered detergent than the tablets.

We also have a Bosch and these have worked fine for us for many years.
Regarding rinse agent, just use white vinegar - much safer (healthwise) and cheaper especially if you have Costco or similar membership. 

rated:
By the way, if you're a Sam's Club member, they have the 100 count for $11.98.

rated:
Many dishwashers cannot handle the acidity of vinegar. You could corrode the rubber seals over time. It might end up costing more than it saves. If you want to risk it, don't go over 5% acid content.

rated:
Picked up a pack. Thanks for the tip.

rated:
YumRaj said:    Regarding rinse agent, just use white vinegar...
excellent advice; i also like to use white vinegar (just a cup or so at 5%) whenever i wash anything that has been in contact with seafood -- ive never had any issues with residual fish odors once the cycle completes.

rated:
Barbiedawl said:   I don't rinse my dishes nor do I have a fancy dishwasher but I use these tabs and my dishes come out clean

depends on water source as well as dishwasher so they may work in one area and depending on hardness of water may not perform as well regardless of reviews.

rated:
We got them at our Costco BOGO ($14.49 for 2 x 110 boxes). For those saying they need rinse agent (we do, hard water), Costco also has a large (can't remember size) bottle of Jet-Dry BOGO ($9.99 x 2 bottles).

rated:
Probably an old or badly designed washer, clogged lines, or you don't know how to load dishes properly

Water here is very hard and dishes come out nice & clean. Washer is good quality with high pressure jets. Ask a neighbor with a modern appliance whether theirs cleans well with one tablet.

rated:
put merchant in title

rated:
Just saw the Costco Offer too. Local Target had this 90 Count for 11.99 too, so if you had any sort of coupon, it would be less than Amazon

rated:
These are $14.95 for 220 (2 x 110 count boxes) at Costco.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014