• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Chevrolet Performance 10067353 GM Goodwrench 350CI Engine | eBay
Disclaimer
Chevy 350ci Engine

This engine features a 4-bolt main, boasts 260 horsepower and 350 ft. lbs. of torque, and comes with valve covers, timing cover, and oil pan. It's covered by a 3-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

Lowest price that I saw by $235.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Can you find new standard factory engines for new-ish cars like this? I can only ever seem to find remanufactured ones ... (more)

chilig (Aug. 27, 2014 @ 10:21p) |

As others have stated, boat motors need lots of torque.  But even if you make the mod, the engine isn't going to last un... (more)

lexcurat (Aug. 28, 2014 @ 12:08a) |

You're kind of right, if you compared the lifespan of marine engines and truck engines in operating hours the truck wins... (more)

dzer0 (Aug. 28, 2014 @ 1:57a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is a fantastic deal on the crate engine!

Will it fit my mower?

Anybody know if i could repower my boat with this engine? I already have the same gm350 block with mercruiser parts, Carb, starter and alternator..thanks

John Deere
Disclaimer
delhel said:   Will it fit my mower?
  Absolutely.

Red! no HDMI!

Zuke76 said:   Red! no HDMI!
  I thought HDMI was standard with this year

The Miata will get a new heartbeat !!

I will have a fast fix kayak on the lake this year!

delhel said:   Will it fit my mower?
  You'll need an adapter.  It should fit your tiller straight out of the crate, though.

(Bones asked - Anybody know if i could repower my boat with this engine? I already have the same gm350 block with mercruiser parts, Carb, starter and alternator..thanks)

As long as you currently have an older style chevy small block, this should replace it even in a marine application. If its also a 350, your current carb should be work great too. You will just put all parts, including the marine bits, and just transfer them over.

Time to make my kids a go-kart with this engine.

A bit tempted to put a new motor in my Camaro , but buying off eBay let alone buying online out of state just does not sit that well with me . Seems to be decent price and warranty though .

stereo55 said:   A bit tempted to put a new motor in my Camaro , but buying off eBay let alone buying online out of state just does not sit that well with me . Seems to be decent price and warranty though .
243,000 feedbacks and "Top Rated Plus" rating. You're absolutely safe buying from such a seller.

wish the Coyote 5.0 was this cheap. ONE cylinder head for my coyote fox was about this much

bones774 said:   Anybody know if i could repower my boat with this engine? I already have the same gm350 block with mercruiser parts, Carb, starter and alternator..thanks
i guess i don't understand the reason behind the question. if you're replacing an engine with the same engine family it should work with little modification. in this case you're talking about the same engine, so you lost me on that part  

SibTiger said:   
stereo55 said:   A bit tempted to put a new motor in my Camaro , but buying off eBay let alone buying online out of state just does not sit that well with me . Seems to be decent price and warranty though .
243,000 feedbacks and "Top Rated Plus" rating. You're absolutely safe buying from such a seller.

This plus this is a GM Goodwrench engine not some small shop's offering. 
It has a 3-Year/100,000 Mile Warranty

You need to make sure it is the correct rotation.

bones774 said:   Anybody know if i could repower my boat with this engine? I already have the same gm350 block with mercruiser parts, Carb, starter and alternator..thanks

Yes, you can. But most boats have a different camshaft for more low-end torque, you might have vortec heads, and you won't have a warranty at all.

It probably wont work for a boat unless you take it apart and put in a different cam-shaft. The lobes are shaped differently on boats for more torque and less HP.

morecowbell said:   
i guess i don't understand the reason behind the question. if you're replacing an engine with the same engine family it should work with little modification. in this case you're talking about the same engine, so you lost me on that part  

It has to have the same rotation as the original motor (i.e. clockwise or counterclockwise). Props come either way as far as rotation. Twin inboard rotate opposite each other (one is clockwise and the other is counterclockwise).

Mercruiser and Volvo change a lot of parts and linings to make sure that the engines do ok when cooled with seawater freshwater. They also gear for low end torque, but that may or may not be able to be resolved with a different prop. Other than that, it is the same engine.

@dzero.. The camshaft on marine engines are the same as stock..The cam timings (dual equal phaser) are tuned for best WOT torque..Raw deal Imo

I wonder if this fits a Crown Vic?

OverRuled said:   I wonder if this fits a Crown Vic?
  With enough work and determination you can put a SBC in your kids little red wagon, how hard are you willing to work on it?

ETA: I am dead serious about the little red wagon, but to answer your question no, it will not bolt into a Crown Victoria or any other Ford without a lot of modifications.

Will it fit in a Camry?

Camry
Disclaimer
diamente said:   Will it fit in a Camry?
  Can't be for certain, but looks like it would fit if you had a wagon.

dazviking said:   
diamente said:   Will it fit in a Camry?
  Can't be for certain, but looks like it would fit if you had a wagon.

I think he/she was asking if the engine would work in a camry rather than if it could be transported in one. 

what Chevy models currently use this engine? 

Does it have cams!?

TrueKnight said:   what Chevy models currently use this engine? 
  50's thru 90's , New Chevy V8's are LS based LS1- LS9 and the new Corvette has the LT1.

cyberseller2005 said:   Does it have cams!?
  No offense, but really - if you have to ask if it has cams, do you really think you are up to swapping an engine?

Anyone know if this would fit in a 96 suburban?

The seller is JEGS, Only one of the largest online sellers of stock and aftermarket parts in the WORLD!

Yeah...that's about what a Chevy engine is worth.  

chilig said:   
cyberseller2005 said:   Does it have cams!?
  No offense, but really - if you have to ask if it has cams, do you really think you are up to swapping an engine?

In today's world, he probably means "Does it come with cam(eras)!?  How many megapixels?"

Chevrolet Performance 19166392 Anniversary Edition BB-Chevy All-Aluminum 427 ZL1
Disclaimer

I wish I knew how to replace the engine on a car, that's the ultimate in manhood street cred

If you own a Camaro and you don't know who Jegs is.

Then you're not a Camaro owner that should buy a crate motor.

Simple as that.  Jegs Performance is only one of the most prominent names in the category.

Skipping 9 Messages...
You're kind of right, if you compared the lifespan of marine engines and truck engines in operating hours the truck wins hands down because it's operated at lower rpm and less throttle. But, internals on a marine 350 and a street 350 are essentially identical. When I bought my Malibu I chose direct drive over outboard because repowering is so much cheaper. Like 25k less

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014