• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
use promo code: HDSNEAK25

PRODUCT OVERVIEW Model # YG395-ORB Internet # 203786357
The Hampton Bay Lagan II 52 in. Ceiling Fan will bring a rich design to any room with its detailed housing along with its coordinating blade arms. The bowl style light kit in frosted glass will also be a sufficient light source for your room. The 3 speed with reverse motor has a lifetime warranty which will add confidence that this fan was built to last.
California residents: seeProposition 65 information
5 reversible walnut/medium maple blades allows you to change your decor style without replacing the entire fan
Bowl style light kit with frosted glass
3-speed with reverse
Decorative canopy ring and coupling cover are used to conceal any exposed screws
Designed for interior use
Uses (3) 40 watt candelabra bulbs, included
4.5 in. downrod with 3/4 in diameter
172mm x 14mm motor offers maximum air movement
Large room up to 14 ft. x 14 ft.
Lifetime motor warranty

www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Lagano-II-52-in-Oil-Rubbed-Bronz...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Out of stock online

rated:
Hampton Bay is a Home Depot brand and I would not touch one with a ten foot pole.

I bought two Hampton Bay Carrington ceiling fans from Home Depot, I paid to have them installed and they barely moved any air even though they were rated at almost 7,000 CFM, my neighbors fan rated @ 5400 moved as much air on medium speed as these did on high speed. Called Home Depot support, was transferred to the company that makes Hampton Bay fans for Home Depot and eventually they admitted those fans have an issue with air flow. After waiting a week I was told they would send me new arms that would increase the blade angle to produce better air flow. Doing some research I found increasing the angle could also cause increased vibration, increased noise, and premature motor failure. Not wanting to be part of this developmental experiment I eventually returned them both and asked about the money I'd spent for installing them and also about the many ones they were still selling. They told me they moved air so they did not consider them defective and that the new arms were available only for customers who complained about the lack of air flow. As far as the installation costs - too bad. I bought two new ones from Costco rated ~5000+ cfm and they move much more air than the almost 7000 cfm Home Depot ones did.

I always had faith in Home Depot however when they intentionally sell fans they rate at almost 7000CFM that do not even move as much air as ones rated at 5500 cfm, even after they are alerted to the problem I have to reconsider.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014