• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5RUFEY/ 

Learn the latest SQL Server 2014 database design methods for career advancement; among them in-memory OLTP tables, FileTable FILESTREAM storage and ColumnStore indexes. Relational database design teach-by-practical-diagrams-&-examples book for developers, programmers, systems analysts and project managers who are new to relational database and client/server technologies. Also for database developers, database designers and database administrators (DBA), who know some database design, and who wish to refresh & expand their RDBMS design technology horizons. Familiarity with at least one computer programming language, Windows file system & Excel is assumed. Since the book is career advancement oriented, it has a great number of 3NF database design examples with metadata explanations along with practical SQL queries (over 700 SELECT queries) and T-SQL scripts, plenty to learn indeed. Great emphasis is placed on explaining the FOREIGN KEY - PRIMARY KEY constraints among tables, the connections which make the collection of individual tables a database. The database diagrams and queries are based on historic and current SQL Server sample databases: pubs (PRIMARY KEYs 9, FOREIGN KEYs 10) , Northwind (PRIMARY KEYs 13, FOREIGN KEYs 13) and the latest AdventureWorks series. Among them: AdventureWorks, AdventureWorks2008, AdventureWorks2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 71, FOREIGN KEYs 90), & AdventureWorksDW2012 (PRIMARY KEYs 27, FOREIGN KEYs 44). The last one is a data warehouse database which is the basis for multi-dimensional OLAP cubes. The book teaches through vivid database diagrams and T-SQL queries how to think in terms of sets at a very high level, focusing on set-based operations instead of loops like in procedural programming languages. The best way to master relational database design & T-SQL programming is to type the query in your own SQL Server Management Studio Query Editor, test it, examine it, change it and study it. Wouldn't it be easier just to copy & paste it? It would, but the learning value would diminish rapidly. You need to feel relational database design and the SQL language in your DNA. SQL queries, "CREATE TABLEs" must "pour" out from your fingers into the keyboard. Why is knowing SQL queries by heart so important? After all everything can be found on the web so why not just copy & paste? Well not exactly. If you want to be an database designer expert, it has to be in your head not on the web. Second, when your supervisor is looking over your shoulder, "Chuck, can you create a new table for our electric pumps inventory?", you have to be able to type the CREATE TABLE query without documentation or SQL forum search and explain how it will work to your superior promptly. The book was designed to be readable in any environment, even on the beach laptop around or no laptop in sight at all. All queries are followed by results row count and /or full/partial results listing in tabular (grid) format. Screenshots are used when dealing with GUI tools such as SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Mastery of the relational database design book likely to be sufficient for career advancement as a database designer and database developer.

also free

What's HTML?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H59AW5C/ 

This book is designed to be a quick way to learn HTML and HTML5. It should also be used as a reference for you to look back at for refreshers and information on tags that are commonly used. This is a great resource for students and professionals that need a quick reference or wish to learn the basics of HTML and HTML5 quickly. As a computer science professor, I’ve taught hundreds of students HTML. The reason I wrote this book is help teach others HTML and HTML5. For more HTML and HTML5 information, free instructor resources, and online tutorials visit http://www.whatshtml.com.  

Table of Contents 
Preface 
Chapter 1 – What’s HTML? 
Chapter 2 – Getting the basics 
Chapter 3 – In your HEAD 
Chapter 4 – Text and Stuff 
Chapter 5 – Anchor’s Away 
Chapter 6 – Picture Perfect 
Chapter 7 – Lists and More Lists 
Chapter 8 – It’s all about Style 
Chapter 9 – iFrames, Divs, and Tables 
Chapter 10 – Simple Forms 
Chapter 11 – HTML5 
About the Author 
Appendix A – HTML Reference 
Appendix B – CSS Reference 
Appendix C – HTML Entities

Fractal Vision. Part 1.: Studies in Fractal Computation Theory
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MLU1BAU/ 

Fractal Computation Theory is, as far as I am aware, a brand new area of science and mathematics. This discipline relates to performing computations in a fractal manner. 
This book is the first in a series of studies on my Fractal Computation Theory. 
These studies show how the Byng Fractal Computer, Patent Pending is used in a variety of applications. The first book in this series is about vision and shows how vision is processed using the Byng Fractal Computer.

Unraveling HTML5, CSS3, and JavaScript
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IOSC4CM/ 

As an experienced C# programmer and enterprise architect, I found myself in a strange situation after 20 years of experience. Even if I worked on project teams that implemented big systems including satellite web sites, I was dropped behind those team members who started their professional life pretty close to new generation—neat, asynchronous, dynamic, etc.—web page development. It took months to find the right way to be able to communicate with them, and find the common language with them. During these months I read many books, blog posts, articles, and went through many small programming exercises to get into the picture. 

Well, I decided to create a series of booklets using my experiences—to help you cope with similar situations. 
I wrote this book for those developers who are—or might be—in a situation I was months ago. If you worked on the server side for a long time, or you used only desktop UI technologies, this is the book you should read to get acquainted with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript—in order to understand them quickly, and keep up the race with youngsters. 

If you’re already a web developer who is familiar with these technologies, this book may help you to pass this knowledge to your team’s new members who are novices in web UI. 

How This Book Is Structured 

This book is divided into ten chapters that will help you understand the concepts and technologies behind web UI. These chapters are built on each other, so you’d better read them sequentially from the first to the last one. 

Chapter1: A Short Tour of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript 
This chapter provides an overview of the fundamental technologies—through a number of short examples that explains to you the role and behavior of them. 
Chapter 2: Getting to Know HTML5 
In this chapter you will learn the basics of HTML5, and you will create a few simple HTML pages using the concepts learned here. 
Chapter 3: Achieving Richer User Experience with HTML 
HTML5 provides you rich structure and semantics that help you design and render web pages with images, tables, and multimedia. In this chapter you will 
learn these elements and utilize them. 
Chapter 4: Forms and Controls 
This chapter will teach you creating and using HTML web forms. 
Chapter 5: A Few More Things about HTML 
To provide additional knowledge on HTML5, in this chapter you will learn about special HTML elements and techniques, such as painting the new HTML5 canvas, and using HTML compatibility and validation tools. 
Chapter 6: Exploring the Document Object Model 
To provide interactive and dynamic web pages, getting familiar with the Document Object Model (DOM) is a key element. In this chapter you will learn all the basics that let you understand and manipulate the DOM. 
Chapter 7: Getting to Know JavaScript 
JavaScript is often mentioned as the assembly of the web. In this chapter you will learn the basics of this simple programming language that vivifies your web pages with only a few lines of code. 
Chapter 8: Advanced JavaScript Programming 
JavaScript is very easy to use, and it also can be used for very advanced web programming tasks in the browser. This chapter teaches you these advanced programming topics. 
Chapter 9: Getting to Know Cascading Style Sheets 
In this chapter you will learn the concepts of the Cascading Style Sheets technology that provides the power of great-looking web pages. 
Chapter 10: Basic Style Patterns 
In this chapter you will learn the most important CSS patterns that add great appearance to your web pages. 

The Philosophical Implications of Information Overload
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSZ3W14

Member Summary

Free Kindle Book- SQL Server 2014 Database Design
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

remick said:   
The Philosophical Implications of Information Overload
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MSZ3W14

Thanks OP, got them all (and tweeted/FB posted my purchases). I think the one philosophical implication of information overload is you buy loads of free Kindle book you don't need and will never read.

j/k some good ones in the stack.

thanx, nice list/find!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014