• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
use promo code: WRGB7OFF

free shipping with Prime or on $35+

LED Type: High Quality 5050 SMD LED, high intensity and reliability, Long lifespan >50,000 hours
Self-adhesive back with Adhesive tape for secure and easy application. Complete kit includes LED strip, controller, and 60 watt power supply
Every 3-LEDS cuttable without damaging the rest strips, according to your requirement
Low power consumption, super-bright but running with low temperature. Waterproof. IP65, ideal for both interior and exterior decoration
All the light spread and completely smooth,luminous very even. Set static colors, adjust brightness, select various auto color changing modes via wireless remote

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L7775YE/

also available - Nubee 16.4 Ft. RGB SMD 5050 150 LED Strip Light Kit with 44-Key IR Remote Controller & 12V/4A Power Supply (Non-Waterproof) $16.95 after promo code: NRGB8OFF
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L77782S/

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Mine arrived -- all in good order. Two observations: 1: The "white" light is not really white. It's greenish, and I can... (more)

vadeltachi (Sep. 12, 2014 @ 9:10a) |

I found better option on ebay and its Free one day shipping !

datawld

shawnstefaniak (Oct. 24, 2014 @ 2:45p) |

Led Flexible Strip Lights SMD 5050 RGB Light 5m 300 Leds + 44 Key IR Remote

• LED Type: High Quality FW-5050 300 SMD R... (more)

shawnstefaniak (Oct. 27, 2014 @ 12:53p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anyone use these? All the Amazon reviews are fake

rated:
For just $19.95 after applying code and free shipping w/Prime I'm in for one. This is going to be great for our park model on the lake waterfront. Plenty of options with the light.

rated:
I have used this but not exactly the same (without the remote). Mine is intalled under the upper cabinets around the kitchen. It looks awesome and bright whenever I turn it on.

rated:
What is it with all these reviewers getting a sample to review? Of course they are going to say it is great especially if they get to keep the sample.

rated:
So, does anyone know if these connectors are compatible? The original seller doesn't seem to have a full product line to allow creating a light free length to cross basis in kitchen cabinets, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DPC3XHC/ref=pd_aw_sims_2?pi=SS1...

rated:
OverRuled said:   I have used this but not exactly the same (without the remote). Mine is intalled under the upper cabinets around the kitchen. It looks awesome and bright whenever I turn it on.
  This is what I plan on doing in my kitchen, I'm in the middle of the remodel now. Which ones did you buy, link?

rated:
If anybody wants more time to do research before pulling the trigger, this nearly identical set has a regular price of just $2 more. ($22)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IHAT5EW/

rated:
plus some Amazon video credit for no rush shipping. Only 78 more of those to pay for my Prime sub.

rated:
why would the reviews be fake.

rated:
dbphillips said:   So, does anyone know if these connectors are compatible? The original seller doesn't seem to have a full product line to allow creating a light free length to cross basis in kitchen cabinets, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DPC3XHC/ref=pd_aw_sims_2?pi=SS1...

I have been thinking about installing it in my ceiling.  Don't get those connectors if you want to make it longer.  Just get some thin wires and solder the 2 strips together. 

rated:
emp1 said:   
OverRuled said:   I have used this but not exactly the same (without the remote). Mine is intalled under the upper cabinets around the kitchen. It looks awesome and bright whenever I turn it on.
  This is what I plan on doing in my kitchen, I'm in the middle of the remodel now. Which ones did you buy, link?

I bought mine about 2 years ago from a listing in aliexpress and it looks every similar. By the way, the sticky tape at the back was not strong enough to hold the strip so I reinforced with few extra pieces of strong clear tapes along the way. An example to find one can be from this link: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=12v+5050+led+strips+with+power with all kinds of options...

rated:

rated:
How many of these things can you string together off a single power module?

rated:
scrouds said:   Anyone use these? All the Amazon reviews are fake
  I have this same thing purchased from eBay from china, not Amazon. Works as advertised, fun little light string. I have them above my entertainment center for some ambient lighting.

rated:
as a word of caution i had some white 5050s overheat and burn out. they were mounted to wood, and i think that the insulation on both sides did them in when used for long periods.

rated:
Prngr44 said:   How many of these things can you string together off a single power module?

Typically one.  Buy you can get higher wattage power modules of course.  There's a limit to how many strands you can connect too - usually 2-3 end-to-end.  You just connect your power in the middle of course.  Put too many and you can overheat things and also the furthest LEDs will be noticeably dimmer. 

Basically this is great if you want one strand to add some funky lighting.  Quality is going to be...mediocre based on my experience with a few similar sets.  The waterproof coating SMELLS for a while until the chemicals evaporate out.  I wouldn't use these for anything or anywhere important.  My 2c

Can't beat the price though.  I might pick up a few just because.

rated:
OverRuled said:   Here is a cheaper place to buy: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-RGB-Led-Strip-5050-60LED-M-DC12V-Flexible-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-300-LED-44/1747052313.html 

But shipping should take longer.

I'm seeing $21.16 and  maybe a $2 additional discount if you sell your soul ( spam mail  etc ).
And a month for shipping ish 
Yes ?

rated:
I have these strips all over my house in both white and RGB. I typically just buy from the cheapest reseller and they are all the same thing. The connectors do work with these and definitely make life easier. However in an environment where it needs to be waterproof I always solder, caulk, and heat shrink. Mine tend to be on for 4-5 hours per day and I have some that have been in use for three years... no issues as of yet.

If you want to run multiple strips off a single power supply I recommend this type in whatever amperage you may need: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-5A-10A-15A-20A-30A-Regulated-Tran...

I typically use this type of connector and cut them in half if I'm not connecting two strips together: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4-Pin-Male-Female-Connector-Wire-Cab... They also sell connectors for the white strips.

These strips can be cut every three LED's if you need shorter runs.

rated:
I bought the 10M non-waterproof one from hkesupplier for $18.20 shipped on eBay three weeks ago and got it in under two weeks.

Its 2x5M spools.

rated:
SupTech said:   
OverRuled said:   Here is a cheaper place to buy: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5M-RGB-Led-Strip-5050-60LED-M-DC12V-Flexible-Waterproof-LED-Strip-Light-300-LED-44/1747052313.html 

But shipping should take longer.

I'm seeing $21.16 and  maybe a $2 additional discount if you sell your soul ( spam mail  etc ).
And a month for shipping ish 
Yes ?

You are right. RGB pumps it up to $21.16.

rated:
I use similar to these around my fixed frame projector screen, and trigger it ON when the BD player is on. Looks beautiful. The sticky tape won't stick to anything. I had to hot glue.

rated:
I'm not 100% sure WHY I got this....but it looks like it might be fun to mess with and do a little Interior Decorating around the house.
(I especially like the "under cabinet" idea).

Thanks OP.

rated:
Thanks a bunch for the comments and suggestions. I was thinking about using it for above cabinet lighting in the kitchen but I have a LOT of cabinets so I think I'll give that 10M set from eBay a whirl.

Thanks!

rated:
SOLD OUT, but you can still get it from other sellers, not same price.

rated:
I picked up one of each, and they both arrived today. I don't know if it was a fluke, but the big difference is that the non-waterproof only has 150 LEDs on it vs. 300 on the waterproof, and I perceive a corresponding difference in brightness. The same LED module appears to be used on both--at least in terms of LED width and height, because it's hard to measure thickness given the plastic coating on the waterproof version. The maylar bags that both strips came in were labeled 1.5watts/foot. However, the power supply on the waterproof version is labeled 12V/5A vs. 12V/4A on the non-waterproof. Remote was non-functional on the non-waterproof version, so I definitely think it's going back.

rated:
it's a good deals, will purchase one

rated:
I've purchased it, it's very good

rated:
Mine arrived -- all in good order. Two observations: 1: The "white" light is not really white. It's greenish, and I can't seem to find a setting for warm white light. Any suggestions?

2) The remote is infrared, not RF, so there must be line-of-sight access between the remote and the receiver. If either the receiver or remote goes bad or gets lost, I don't think it's possible to use the light strip?

rated:
I found better option on ebay and its Free one day shipping !

datawld

rated:
 Led Flexible Strip Lights SMD 5050 RGB Light 5m 300 Leds + 44 Key IR Remote

• LED Type: High Quality FW-5050 300 SMD RGB LED Long lifespan >50,000 hours
  • Super-bright but running with low temperature and low power consumption
  • Waterproof protection ideal for both interior and exterior decoration
  • Every 3-LEDS cuttable without damaging the rest of the strips

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NEVWDKW 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014