T-Mobile
Locked to T-Mobile 6 months
it looks like service is already tacked on at this price

Member Summary

s5
Thanks bhansonbot
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Having to use the service for 6 months before they will give you the unlock code is a 6 month contract, no matter what terminology they use.

tgooose said:   Having to use the service for 6 months before they will give you the unlock code is a 6 month contract, no matter what terminology they use.
  You make a good point. Definitely being used loosely as industry terminology.   I think all the carriers on service prepayment lock the phones to the network.  In this case - no termination fee and if you don't pay for monthly service, they aren't coming after you for any charges.  You also have the 1st month service included.  I wonder what T-Mobile direct's policy is about unlocking the phone?

Just get an unlock code on eBay for $25 bucks

lillazyfats81 said:   Just get an unlock code on eBay for $25 bucks
  Curious does that violate phone warranty?

Nope, unlocking via code method will not trip knox.

It's not even rooting. Your simply unlocking it

Just wondering what's the version of Android OS on this set? 4.4?

4.4.2* is the areas I think.

But Tmobile have unlocked baseband, simply Odin to whatever version you want or need

So I could buy this, never activate it on Net On The Run, forfeit the $45 start up fee, put in my current tmobile sim and use it with my current tmobile plan? 

Please note - all "Startup Service" must be activated within 15 days of purchase.  After this period, the inactive "Startup Service" will expire. Customers will therefore forfeit their "Startup Service" amount paid. No partial or full refunds will be granted. In these instances, service will be treated as a termination and customers would need to re-purchase a "Startup Service" @ $45, in the event that they wanted service from NetOnTheRun. Prorate discount can only be applied to the month immediately following submission of the activation form and can never be a value greater than "Free" service.

Available again with $25 off, coupon S525

Any valid links?

bellsouth said:   
You make a good point. Definitely being used loosely as industry terminology.   All the carriers  lock the phones to the network.  In this case - no termination fee and if you don't pay for monthly service, they aren't coming after you for any charges.  You also have the 1st month service included.  I wonder what T-Mobile direct's policy is about unlocking the phone?

Fixed that for you.

I don't know of ANY unlocked phones you can buy from any carrier.  Pre-paid/postpaid/payment plan ect..   Just some carriers are more apt than others to unlock it for you later. 

link needs a password

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014