• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this on Amazon, includes FSSS/prime shipping.
Sold by The Perfect Stamp. Fulfilled by Amazon.

as posted on Amazon: "Save 20% each on Star Spangled Banner Forever Stamps from The Perfect Stamp when you buy 2 or more multi-pack ATM sheets of 18 (mix or match). Enter code 20P5PCK2 at checkout."

Note real savings is about 2-5% vs post office cost depending on which ones you buy. The price of stamps on Amazon is inflated to begin with probably because they charge 15% commission to sellers.

Coupon 20P5PCK2 works on (must buy 2 or more):
5-pack of 18 stamps each: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LR8HO2Q ($43 or 48 cents per stamp after coupon)
50-pack of 18 stamps each: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPGGRMW ($422 or 47 cents per stamp after coupon)

Not sure how long promo is valid for

Member Summary

stamps
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Depends on the deal, usually between 40-100, but last time it was 30 for 44 cents each shipped. I wait for free shipping... (more)

ZombieHunter (Sep. 03, 2014 @ 4:04a) |

If you buy it now.. it'll have saved you 20% in 10 years from now when you're still using the same stamps.. (with some g... (more)

Darkon112 (Sep. 03, 2014 @ 9:24a) |

Or - you could just go to your local grocery store and save 6% using your Amex Blue (~$0.03 off per stamp = $0.46/stamp)... (more)

MicahMc (Sep. 11, 2014 @ 2:22p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did not work for me.

Worked for me. You need to have two of an item to get the discount. i.e. 2 5-packs or 2 50-packs.

$.49 each at the post office, so not really a 20% savings.

foxyladyrr said:   Saw this on Amazon, includes FSSS/prime shipping.

Save 20% each on Star Spangled Banner Forever Stamps from The Perfect Stamp when you buy 2 or more multi-pack ATM sheets of 18 (mix or match). Enter code 20P5PCK2 at checkout.

5-pack of 18 stamps each: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LR8HO2Q ($43 or 48 cents per stamp after coupon)
50-pack of 18 stamps each: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPGGRMW ($422 or 47 cents per stamp after coupon)

I tested this up to the final stage with 4x 900 stamps, works out to just a bit less than $0.47 per stamp.  Toying with this idea to hit some manufactured spend limits on cards.  But then I will have to work of this huge inventory of stamps over many many years. 

i doubt the adhesive will last that long, youll be stuck with dried out stamps

Price right now before coupon:
$11.95 for 18 stamps (66.4 cents per stamp)
$53.75 for 90 stamps (59.7 cents stamp)

Forever stamps are currently 49 cents at the post office.

Coupon 20P5PCK2 doesn't seem to work for the 2 x 18 stamps.  "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase."

I'm lost here. From what I can tell by the posting and website, the max you will save is 1-2 cents a stamp or a possible max of: 36.00 but ONLY if you purchase 4*900 = 3600 stamps (that's $1692 needed to pay for the savings of $36). I'll pass. That is about 10 lifetimes for me at least. Go on usps.com and search for the stamp style you like - buy a few dozen and let the pennies fall. At least that's my thought.

right, this might be a good play for someone looking to cash out gift cards or meet a credit card spending requirement or something like that...who can dispose of these stamps in some fashion.

foxyladyrr said:   Saw this on Amazon, includes FSSS/prime shipping.
Sold by The Perfect Stamp. Fulfilled by Amazon.

Save 20% each on Star Spangled Banner Forever Stamps from The Perfect Stamp when you buy 2 or more multi-pack ATM sheets of 18 (mix or match). Enter code 20P5PCK2 at checkout.

the 5 pack of 18 is better than what a person might get at costco or Sam's Club (plus free delivery, I think) though I doubt a person would do the 50 pack..

Why people want to pay more online than directly from the Post Office.  You can easily order stamp from the PO with free shipping.

alam said:   Why people want to pay more online than directly from the Post Office.  You can easily order stamp from the PO with free shipping.
If you buy directly from the PO you pay 49c per stamp.

I'm still trying to figure how this is 20% savings?

900 stamps at the post office is $441, this deal is $422, that's ~4.5%

OP needs to be corrected to reflect the correct savings.

alam said:   Why people want to pay more online than directly from the Post Office.  You can easily order stamp from the PO with free shipping.
if i goto post office in person, i might need to wait in line and pay list price
if i order the stamps online from post office, then i have to pay a $1.30 shipping and handling fee (that i remember) in addition to list price (i don't thin there's free shippign for stamps, unless there's a trick)
if i order the stamps via stamps by mail from the post office, then i can only use check, but still pay list price

if i purchase this deal, then i get free delivery with a slightly better price than costco

update:  I tried to enter 20P5PCK2 into the promotional code...but I get the following: "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." unless the code works, i would say this might not be such a hot deal

update #2:  the code only works on 2 of the 90 stamps/pk...107.50 - 21.50 = $86 for 2 90 stamps/pk ( or 86/180 stamps =>47.7 cents/stamp delivered..)

If you really need stamps to use, there are bigger discounts on eBay. If you are trying to do MS, you won't get anyone to pay you 95% of face on these stamps. Also, those with meters now get to pay .48 for unsorted first class anyone.

VivYip said:   
if i goto post office in person, i might need to wait in line and pay list price
if i order the stamps online from post office, then i have to pay a $1.30 shipping and handling fee (that i remember) in addition to list price (i don't thin there's free shippign for stamps, unless there's a trick)
if i order the stamps via stamps by mail from the post office, then i can only use check, but still pay list price

if i purchase this deal, then i get free delivery with a slightly better price than costco

update:  I tried to enter 20P5PCK2 into the promotional code...but I get the following: "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." unless the code works, i would say this might not be such a hot deal

You could also just buy them at the supermarket (or Walgreens or CVS or OfficeMax or Staples, etc.), no extra line to wait in or extra trip involved or delivery charge.

jaimelobo said:   I'm still trying to figure how this is 20% savings?

900 stamps at the post office is $441, this deal is $422, that's ~4.5%

OP needs to be corrected to reflect the correct savings.

I didn't mean to mislead, was just copying the promo text from Amazon. I updated the OP

How many stamps do we use these days? I pay my bills by online billpay. I send online communication instead of writing letters. I buy a small packet of about 10 or 20 stamps, and they usually last several years. And there is some risk that if I bought 500 stamps, then by the time I wanted to use any of them, I might forget where I put them. When I use a stamp, it's because I'm dealing with some kind of incompetent organization that requires me to send them something by surface mail. That's about 5 per year on average. Christmas cards? You can send those by email too.

upanddown said:   i doubt the adhesive will last that long, youll be stuck with dried out stamps

Do old stamps qualify for social security?  Or only if they're disabled, by being dried out?

I get mine on eBay. Usually 40-44 cents for forever stamps.

ZombieHunter said:   I get mine on eBay. Usually 40-44 cents for forever stamps.
  Good idea -- I never thought about that.  Thank you. How many do you buy at a time and do you have to pay to have them shipped to you?

really?

vadeltachi said:   ZombieHunter said:   I get mine on eBay. Usually 40-44 cents for forever stamps.
  Good idea -- I never thought about that.  Thank you. How many do you buy at a time and do you have to pay to have them shipped to you?

Depends on the deal, usually between 40-100, but last time it was 30 for 44 cents each shipped. I wait for free shipping. They come up all the time, and I'm patient.

If you buy it now.. it'll have saved you 20% in 10 years from now when you're still using the same stamps.. (with some glue on the back to help it stick)

Or - you could just go to your local grocery store and save 6% using your Amex Blue (~$0.03 off per stamp = $0.46/stamp)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014