• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Happy Footballentine's Day Roses
Disclaimer
LINK
Happy Football'entine's Day
"The day before the first football Sunday, and its totally just as romantic, totally!"

Ends 9/5 at 1PM PT. 1-800-Flowers is offering 18 Footballentine Roses (multicolored, bouquet only) for $40 - $40 off with coupon code VISA39 when you use Visa Checkout + $15 standard shipping = $15 shipped + tax.† Ships prearranged in a box; a vase can be added for $17.†

**Must select Visa Checkout, before applying coupon**

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Due to technical issues, we cannot accept payment through VISA CHECKOUT at this time. Please try again later or continue... (more)

Robc2064 (Sep. 08, 2014 @ 9:55a) |

Just worked for me 5 minutes ago

gooseman13 (Sep. 08, 2014 @ 10:18a) |

Bought one more right before 4 pm

gooseman13 (Sep. 08, 2014 @ 4:56p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

any way to combine this with free shipping or the $15 standard fee thing

Thanks robby69!
You just never know what the hot deals are going to bring on any given day. I just sent myself flowers LOL.†

Football'entine's Day and my Anniversay is same day.. Dual purpose Roses !

When does the charge for the roses come off the order when using Visa checkout?

When you get to the review page you can put in promotional code.

Thanks for saving me $$ on birthday roses!!†

delete

dubio said:   When you get to the review page you can put in promotional code.
††
I just checked out. †Alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way on the last page. †Right hand column.

Just fyi in case anyone ordered with Safari as their browser. My order yesterday did not go through, even though I saw an order confirmation screen. I only knew because I got an email from 800flowers today that I'd left something in my cart. Thinking it was my own error, I placed the order again - same problem. Their CS department could not locate either order I'd placed with Safari. I finally used Firefox and the order went through fine. I got a confirmation email, which I did not get with either Safari order.

So, if you used Safari, check to make sure your order was really placed.

This is a good deal. I just ordered birthday flowers, thank you for sharing OP

Checkout wouldnt work for me in Chrome. Swithced to Internet Explorer and it went through.

Unfortunately I don't have a visa card
only PP and master card

Great deal! Wife is going to get these just because...

... and then she will be like, "What did you do wrong?"... "What do you want?"

Funny thing, you actually don't need a Visa card, they will take any CC, you just have to choose the Visa checkout option then give them your CC.

P.S. Also did not work for me in Chrome or IE, ended up calling them and it was no problem.

Worked fine in Chrome for me. Also, it appears you can use the coupon more than once! Great deal!

Thanks OP, worked like a charm. Not a bad price to deliver 18 roses to anybody!

I don't need them until end of month, can I place order now for delivery at a later date?

Does anyone actually know what a good price to pay per rose is during non-Valentine's Day times? I don't, though this offer at .90 cents per rose with tax and shipping certainly looks good to me.

washerdreyer said:   Does anyone actually know what a good price to pay per rose is during non-Valentine's Day times? I don't, though this offer at .90 cents per rose with tax and shipping certainly looks good to me.
† If delivery is important, then this is a steal since you are only paying the delivery fee. If you can go to your local grocery store, you may find a dozen roses cheaper but probably not 18. †There's just something about flowers showing up right at your door that makes them so much better IMO.†

doomikus said:   0.17 out of 10
††

Those reviews are almost universally horrible ... so why is this deal getting so much green???

Safeway by me has them for $10 for a dozen. And 18 for $13. Hot deal if the person lives far away, but local is still best price if you will be seeing them anyway.

washerdreyer said:   Does anyone actually know what a good price to pay per rose is during non-Valentine's Day times? I don't, though this offer at .90 cents per rose with tax and shipping certainly looks good to me.
††I was at SamsClub today, and they had a dozen regular size roses for $18.† It said they were seasonal, and there was only 1 bunch left.
† At my local grocery store, they were $24.95/dozen.
† As others mentioned, the delivery is the key to the value.

Due to technical issues, we cannot accept payment through VISA CHECKOUT at this time. Please try again later or continue with your order using another payment method.

DUDSTER said:   
†Those reviews are almost universally horrible ... so why is this deal getting so much green???

† Rarely will there be such terrible reviews.† It's remarkable that they are still in business.† Everyone really should read those terrible reviews.

That said, I may take a chance, since it's not for a special day or anything.† If the order never arrives or is not what I ordered, it won't really cause me any trouble (like it would on a birthday, anniversary, or holiday).†

Perfect timing! I'm going to Vegas for opening weekend of NFL football and this will be a nice surprise for my wife while I'm gone.

TimInHollywood said:   
DUDSTER said:   
†Those reviews are almost universally horrible ... so why is this deal getting so much green???

† Rarely will there be such terrible reviews.† It's remarkable that they are still in business.† Everyone really should read those terrible reviews.

That said, I may take a chance, since it's not for a special day or anything.† If the order never arrives or is not what I ordered, it won't really cause me any trouble (like it would on a birthday, anniversary, or holiday).†

† One word: †Chargeback

No doubt about the potential chargeback. I would never pay for anything online with my bank account. That's crazy. Virtually no protection at all.

I did order, but the only delivery day possible was Saturday, September 6. I'm not sure why, but all the other days were unavailable. I couldn't find any way to select a flexible delivery date. I'm very curious to see if anything arrives tomorrow.

Yea, seeing as I just ordered them, I can't see them arriving tomorrow . †I won't be broken-up about it though, just doing as a nice gesture, so if they arrive on Monday/Tuesday, I'm not overly concerned.....as long as the flowers look nice upon arrival.

2 days ago I place order with chat agent after failed to place order through IE, Chrome and Firefox. He gave me the order number for delivery today. So far today, nothing delivered. I got curious and called them for tracking, SURPRISE!!!! This order won't exist at all.†

My Wife got her order today and loves them. When I ordered yesterday, there was only today and tomorrow as delivery options - guess it's since it's opening weekend for Pro Football...

Also, if you look at those reviews, the last one I see was from 7/2013...

roses
Disclaimer
Got mine today, the order was placed yesterday. They are nice - in fact they accidentally sent two bouquets (prob related to the safari order issue I mentioned above - confirmed only one charge though so that's nice). All 36 flowers are in this vase.
They smell really nice. I was happy I was home when they were delivered though, since there was no cold pack in the box and it's very hot here. UPS left them on the porch and I could see that being a problem if I hadn't brought them in right away.

Offer is extended and now you can get it on Tuesday!!

My wife called to say she received the order I sent earlier this afternoon. I would never consider using this company for high-volume dates such as V-day or Mothers' Day, but for random low-volume days, they seem to do ok. No chance I'd ever pay full price there, either. Best to go through a local florist if you want what you pay for, delivered reliably, on the day you want...

Not dead, extended thru Monday !
Right on the main page
http://ww11.1800flowers.com/collection.do?dataset=13734&conversi...
Order by Monday,9/8 at 4pm EDT for
†delivery on Tuesday, 9/9 ONLY!

Llilith said:   Got mine today, the order was placed yesterday. They are nice - in fact they accidentally sent two bouquets (prob related to the safari order issue I mentioned above - confirmed only one charge though so that's nice). All 36 flowers are in this vase.
They smell really nice. I was happy I was home when they were delivered though, since there was no cold pack in the box and it's very hot here. UPS left them on the porch and I could see that being a problem if I hadn't brought them in right away.

Excellent feedback. I checked out with Safari 5.1 (it's old) and there was no checkout bug. Or they've since fixed their Web app.
So no 2-for-1 deal here. I wanted to suppress an invoice, but I didn't see any way to.

IN FOR TWO! (as my twin younger sisters birthdays are on 9/8).

UPS and MYCHOICE suck. I ordered these for a female in my house. Same last name, same address. They were supposed to be delivered today. I used my MYCHOICE to reroute the delivery to a UPS store. I get notification that they are delivered. So, I go to the UPS store. The UPS store is refusing to give me the flowers. First, they told me there were no packages there. Then they said they would only release it to the female I sent them to. Even though these are no signature required, and the UPS guy would have given them to me at the house, or just left them on the porch.

Skipping 13 Messages...
Bought one more right before 4 pm

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014