• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
So helpful. NOT.

Taurus176 said:   So helpful. NOT.
†††It uses this HOT new technology called a line in. This piece of†futuristic†wizardry is supported by only the newest equipment like iphones, android, windows phones, ipods, TVs, Computers, laptops, the Sony Vita, Gameboy, compact disc players, walkman.†

jeffmd said:   
Taurus176 said:   So helpful. NOT.
†††It uses this HOT new technology called a line in. This piece of†futuristic†wizardry is supported by only the newest equipment like iphones, android, windows phones, ipods, TVs, Computers, laptops, the Sony Vita, Gameboy, compact disc players, walkman.†

see what i get for trying to help someone become more familiar with their own equipment rather than spoon-feeding information

oh well...i guess some would rather wait for mama bird to come in and regurgitate some food into the ol' gullet :p †

i caved. in for 2 more

Perfect for one of my kiddos. †Coupon did not automatically clip, but did work just fine when pasted in. †Good deal, thanks Op. †Verde for you!

morecowbell said:   i caved. in for 2 more

skinny wallet?

Received today and guess what ? --NO VOLUME --- barely any amplification of any input. hardly a step up from my laptop speakers which are very weak. Very disappointing for the 12 watts claimed. Probably will keep since sending them back isn't worth the bother for the $20 paid

Got mine today. It is smaller then I was expecting, but that isn't really a bad thing. I tell ya though, Lenovo loves their packaging. When unboxing you definitely feel like youve purchased a $70 item. Each component is wrapped in a styrofoam cloth, and the many glossy surfaces are protected by a plastic skin. The speakers attach to the side via magnets in a very nice way. Saddly the back panel that hides the speaker cables (if used) will not click close, it does not even seem like there is anything in the molding for the door to click into. Sticks out like a sore thumb considering the rest of the presentation.

Sound wise does it sounds like a $70 speaker set? Not exactly. Is it worth $20? Most definitely. It offers great sound with good highs, mids, and lows. What makes me deny this $70 status is volume. I was pretty shocked to find it was at %100 volume when I powered it up. The volume can still get pretty loud if I turn the volume up high on my phone, but I would be hard pressed to drown out anything else that is reasonably loud like a power tool. Thankfully for me it has no such role, it is replacing another speaker set at my bed side (A Saitek A-200, a smaller portable 2.1 speaker which funny enough I also got for like $20 from woot many years ago). I think the speaker would do well as a sound bar for a tablet or guest bedroom TV, but it might be a little weak for that living room tv.

The aesthetics of the speaker however are really good. As a whole it actually has some weight to it (The box it comes in I thought was pretty heavy for something so small). Lots of finger print attracting shiny surfaces we all know and love. There is technically a power light in the form of the EQ setting, but thanks to the slope of the top you won't see it when trying to sleep. Speaking of EQlizers, the 4 settings built in EQ are descent, with the PoP setting boosting both lows and highs (This is how I roll with my multi-bands). One thing I also found is that the amp is very friendly with multi band EQlizers on phones. On other speaker systems, using my phones EQ with another EQ on the external amp ends up muddying the sound. This JBL/Lenova speaker set however keeps a very nice tone and allows me to eek out a little more bass.

I havn't tried the built in music reader, not like it could read any of my music files.

Over all, a well spent $20.

Armadillo2097 said:   Received today and guess what ? --NO VOLUME --- barely any amplification of any input. hardly a step up from my laptop speakers which are very weak. Very disappointing for the 12 watts claimed. Probably will keep since sending them back isn't worth the bother for the $20 paid
††Bare in mind that most of that 12W is the low frequency sub sound.† Gotta keep you expectations low, for a $20 set -

Shezam said:   
Armadillo2097 said:   Received today and guess what ? --NO VOLUME --- barely any amplification of any input. hardly a step up from my laptop speakers which are very weak. Very disappointing for the 12 watts claimed. Probably will keep since sending them back isn't worth the bother for the $20 paid
††Bare in mind that most of that 12W is the low frequency sub sound.† Gotta keep you expectations low, for a $20 set -

† Same can be said for a $20 hooker.† Don't ask me how I know....

Please understand that my expectations were very LOW to begin with -- with this piece discounted 75%, off MSRP and with several prior reviews reporting some volume issues. †But with this unit, the actual volume generation is far, far below even reasonably low expectations, and unacceptably so even for $20. †My tiny Oontz Curve blasts in comparison, and a Noria Jambox knockoff I bought for under $30 kills this pretty piece of junk in virtually all respects, including playing at 3-4x higher relative volume. †I bought this ultimately to listen to it, not to look at it.

Got mine yesterday. For those that missed this deal, congrats! You saved $20. This is a POS, barely worth the $20. If I had paid $80 for this, some heads would have rolled until I got my money back.
To read the build up, how Lenovo and JBL brought their best and latest technology into this piece, and the sound is crystal clear, blah blah blah.....What a crock of shit.

POS, agreed.† Beautiful to look at, NO VOLUME !†
I wouldn't complain if it distorted at high volume, you just can't get there.† The speakers built into my laptop are louder.
Nice high gloss paper weight.†
Hated your cheap headphones, hate your cheap speaker system.

Really? You consider the jambox better in almost every way? Ive heard those jam boxes, as well as many other portable speakers. Great on volume but the quality of the sound left me wanting. I had no problem getting a good amount of volume as long as i turned my phones volume up. Maybe its time to turn the sound down on those headphones?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014