• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Craftsman 26 in. 4-Drawer Heavy-Duty Ball Bearing Rolling Cabinet - Black $69.99 (reg $305.99) 

Cheapest price I have seen on this cabinet. I posted a deal on a similar cabinet back in Feb for $139, which was a good deal at the time.
I'm a bit confused as to why this one is so cheap. There is an almost identical model, as far as I can tell, here for $259.99 (reg $322.99). 
I can't really tell the difference between the two, except for minor cosmetic things (wheels, etc...).

I haven't checked yet to see if I can pair this up with a good deal on a middle and top piece.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah cancellation happens often, but this time I did get it... got the delivery today

YasheshPandya (Sep. 11, 2014 @ 7:30p) |

Picked mine up today. Very happy with the quality...seems very sturdy with almost no flex to it.
The drawers pull out smo... (more)

BeanTech (Sep. 12, 2014 @ 8:03p) |

Picked up yesterday.  For a the price, it is a good deal.  The retail on this has to be inflated...not a pro quality box... (more)

isles1 (Sep. 15, 2014 @ 1:53p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good price.  Grabbed one with in-store pickup.  Drawer depth is good for my automotive tools.  Thanks!

nice. I have the older one just like this and love it. Grabbed one, Christmas shopping has started.

Just ordered one. Looks like a great deal. Thanks for adding.

This vs. gladiator, which is better in general? Thanks.

I just ordered 2 for my pole barn. These will fit perfectly under my bench

yea this is way cheaper then they usually go for, for the heavy duty ball bearing model that is.

Usually its the glide or basic baring one that gets this cheap.

looks like different handles and casters.. both say ball bearing design but the cheaper uses dyna glyde

In for 1 - will see how is goes.. I dont see any reason why you couldn't put a chest on top.. in fact the middle 3 drawer on is on sale for $49

darby427 said:   looks like different handles and casters.. both say ball bearing design but the cheaper uses dyna glyde

In for 1 - will see how is goes.. I dont see any reason why you couldn't put a chest on top.. in fact the middle 3 drawer on is on sale for $49

where did you see 49? I see $119?

darby427 said:   looks like different handles and casters.. both say ball bearing design but the cheaper uses dyna glyde

Can you provide the link for $49 chest?

Darby. Can you send link for middle 3 drawer for $49.00. Thanks

Marlin1975 said:   yea this is way cheaper then they usually go for, for the heavy duty ball bearing model that is.

Not really even though they state heavy duty these are the Craftsman basic, entry level  ball bearing model. In order to increase sales of their cheap Chinese made tool cabinets Sears has been playing with their Craftsman tool line model names for months now They now call former Craftsman Heavy Duty line Craftsman Premium Heavy Duty  and the former Premium Craftsman line is now called Craftsman  Pro. While at $70 these are a good deal  they are still very cheap vs their real Craftsman Heavy Duty line and it never sold anywhere near the regular price shown on their site. In comparison. Home Depot sells the same identical 5 drawer rolling cabinet under their Husky brand name for $99 everyday. HD frequently has that one on sale during holidays for $49-$79 depending on your location.

in for 3!! perfect christmas gifts!

In for 1 Thanks OP!

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-26-in-wide-2-drawer-basic-ball/p-... 

hotbuy.. 40.99

Item # 00931015000P Model # 112522

retails for $99

Is it this one?

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-drawer-portable-chest-hot-rod-1... 

nevermind not the right one.

my fault.. I put 3 drawers .. meant to type 2 drawers

cnIsfg said:   
Marlin1975 said:   yea this is way cheaper then they usually go for, for the heavy duty ball bearing model that is.

Not really even though they state heavy duty these are the Craftsman basic, entry level  ball bearing model. In order to increase sales of their cheap Chinese made tool cabinets Sears has been playing with their Craftsman tool line model names for months now They now call former Craftsman Heavy Duty line Craftsman Premium Heavy Duty  and the former Premium Craftsman line is now called Craftsman  Pro. While at $70 these are a good deal  they are still very cheap vs their real Craftsman Heavy Duty line and it never sold anywhere near the regular price shown on their site. In comparison. Home Depot sells the same identical 5 drawer rolling cabinet under their Husky brand name for $99 everyday. HD frequently has that one on sale during holidays for $49-$79 depending on your location.

This is the 75pd bearing model, not the 30/40pd like the standard bearing model.

The home series are 25pd slide, 30-40pd bearing, and then 75pd bearing.
The HD is a 4 drawer and is rated for 50pds but most reviews say its less than that. So it is more inline with the 30-40 mid grade ones from Sears. Look at some recent reviews and it seems they "updated" the cabinet at HD and its thinner and weaker now. But the specs are the same as the old ones.

I've got one of these. It works pretty well for storing tools for your average home mechanic. This is not for the auto shop or the professional, but I didn't need a something that heavy duty. Good buy.

Marlin1975 said:   
cnIsfg said:   

This is the 75pd bearing model, not the 30/40pd like the standard bearing model.

The HD is a 4 drawer and is rated for 50pds but most reviews say its less than that. So it is more inline with the 30-40 mid grade ones from Sears. Look at some recent reviews and it seems they "updated" the cabinet at HD and its thinner and weaker now. But the specs are the same as the old ones.

Sorry but you are misinformed Theses ARE the 30/40pd  as you will inevitably find out. Sears does not even sell a 75pd slide in their new Craftsman heavy duty line.  You ave to move up to the Premium Heavy Duty to get the 75pd glide. . As mentioned earlier these are VERY cheaply made but for $70 they are a descent price/. However,  but if you think you are getting Craftsman Heavy Duty you are simply fooling yourself. The don't even have welds. The stamped metal is assembled with bend over tabs that t together. Also the  HD model is a 5 not 4 drawer as you stated . It is 100% identical to this one with the exception of the Husky logo.,

cnIsfg said:   
Marlin1975 said:   
cnIsfg said:   

Sorry but you are misinformed Theses ARE the 30/40pd  as you will inevitably find out. Sears does not even sell a 75pd slide in their new Craftsman heavy duty line.  You ave to move up to the Premium Heavy Duty to get the 75pd glide. . As mentioned earlier these are VERY cheaply made but for $70 they are a descent price/. However,  but if you think you are getting Craftsman Heavy Duty you are simply fooling yourself. The don't even have welds. The stamped metal is assembled with bend over tabs that t together. Also the  HD model is a 5 not 4 drawer as you stated . It is 100% identical to this one with the exception of the Husky logo.,

Well I wouldn't call it misinformed if it is as you say, but much worse since they advertise these with the 75lb. slides

pickup dates are around 34-38 days for my local Sears

Awesome ordered both the 2 and 4 drawer. Nice!

Gamblinman01 said:   
cnIsfg said:   
Marlin1975 said:   
cnIsfg said:   

Well I wouldn't call it misinformed if it is as you say, but much worse since they advertise these with the 75lb. slides

Where do you see that it's a 75lb slide?  It's a 75lb capacity per drawer, but with 2 slides, each one would be the 30/40lb ones, right?

cnIsfg said:   
Marlin1975 said:   
cnIsfg said:   

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-26-in-Black-4-Drawer-Cabinet-26...
~~26 in. Black 4-Drawer Cabinet

You have something to show the craftsman is not the HD 75pd cabinet?

ZandorTX said:   

Where do you see that it's a 75lb slide?  It's a 75lb capacity per drawer, but with 2 slides, each one would be the 30/40lb ones, right?

The rating is per drawer, not slide. The thicker the metal and better bearings can handle more weight.

Just tried to buy one for myself and now it is not letting me add it to my cart.  Anyone having any luck?

Same here. Good luck to those who ordered.

Same for me.  Unavailable for delivery and although it states available locally, it will not let me add to me cart.   Damn, I wanted this too.

noo i wanted this..

OOS

darby427 said:   my fault.. I put 3 drawers .. meant to type 2 drawers
  These are standard duty chests.

anyone check the B&M and see if it is in stock, or talk to a rep?

mndang said:   Awesome ordered both the 2 and 4 drawer. Nice!
  I hope they don't cancel my order for the 4 drawer.  My Expected In Store Date:09/09/2014 - 09/11/2014

The chest has been removed from the website

got my 3 ordered earlier. Hopefully they come in, but if not, maybe they will sub for a similar in store

Link populates a Sears page saying item isn't there anymore..

Hope they do not get cancelled 

Yikes! We're sorry, but that page is no longer available.

Skipping 5 Messages...
isles1 said:   I just got the Ready For Pickup e-mail.  I'll report back this weekend.
Picked up yesterday.  For a the price, it is a good deal.  The retail on this has to be inflated...not a pro quality box so I could not see it selling for much over $150 at best.  I was tempted to put it on Craigslist, but it is the kind of thing that is functional for my garage, and I am sure at some point I could sell it used for slightly less than what I paid for it.  If nothing else, it gave me the incentive to clean out the garage.

The drawer sizes of what I guess is the newer model posted in the OP would be more useful, which is now on sale for $199:  http://www.sears.com/26-in-4-drawer-heavy-duty-ball-bearing/p-00...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014