Expired Deals

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This category will be the new resting place for deals when they expire.

The purpose is to get them out of the hot deals category to make new deals easier to find.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Contribution to the FW community deleted.

RightHere (Nov. 06, 2006 @ 9:17a) |

Been working on a way to automate this since January and still haven't done it? Why not just make the "Mark Deal as Dea... (more)

Kelemvor (Dec. 02, 2006 @ 10:28p) |

Not good at all.
Many only look in the Hot Deals section.

Sometimes, the only means of support for the specific deal on an... (more)

RobsTV (Feb. 12, 2007 @ 3:13p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

In addition to reducing the clutter in Hot Deals, we hope this change will raise the value of Deal Discussion while increasing ease of use in both forums.

Right now topics will continue to be moved manually as moderators are alerted to them, but we are working on methods to automate this process. As always, suggestions are welcome

Nice idea, all that remains is execution.

How about moving it between Hot Deals and Online Auctions in the drop down menu? I'm so used to hitting the top one for Hot Deals I found myself staring at old deals for a minute.

Nevermind. It's only like that because it's the one I'm currently in.

bozo007 said: Nice idea, all that remains is execution.

agreed!

I suggest we have a mark deal expired (similar to mark deal dead) to move deals here

Can the deal rating from hot deals carry over to this new catagory?

IAmStingRay said: bozo007 said: Nice idea, all that remains is execution.

agreed!

I suggest we have a mark deal expired (similar to mark deal dead) to move deals here

Personally I think "deal dead" is equivalent to "deal expired". No need for a new button/marking system.

wfay said: Personally I think "deal dead" is equivalent to "deal expired". No need for a new button/marking system.Except that far too many posters mark deals dead when they don't like them or when they want to minimize the number of people who see them. That kind of abuse will increase tenfold if marking a deal dead automagically sends it off to another forum.

excoriatorb said: wfay said: Personally I think "deal dead" is equivalent to "deal expired". No need for a new button/marking system.Except that far too many posters mark deals dead when they don't like them or when they want to minimize the number of people who see them. That kind of abuse will increase tenfold if marking a deal dead automagically sends it off to another forum.

I agree and deals sometimes come back from the dead so there has to be away to perhaps bring them back. Its not a bad idea but it might be kind of hard to automate because people vote deals dead that they dont' like don't know how to get in on or aren't even in the right city for the deal.

I don't think I like this. Now we're going to have stuff like this and this. Discussions are split between threads now, like with "regular" reposts. It's annoying.

I love this idea deal discussion will finaly get cleaned up. the exprired deals forum however needs more visability so that there are fewer reposts.

I also think that there should be a time factor. Like a week before a thread gets moved from hot-deals to expired. Just to let things settle down.

nunaliorte said: In addition to reducing the clutter in Hot Deals, we hope this change will raise the value of Deal Discussion while increasing ease of use in both forums.

Right now topics will continue to be moved manually as moderators are alerted to them, but we are working on methods to automate this process. As always, suggestions are welcome

Here you go 1,500 threads of clutter.

Top 199 results of 199 retrieved for FatWallet News
Top 126 results of 126 retrieved for FatWallette
Top 150 results of 250 retrieved for Advertisement
Top 200 results of 1018 retrieved for Friday Sale. <---<< (Move to expire will kill two birds, it would be a great help in searching the HDF)

i'm sure my opinion means squat but i don't like how expired deals from EVERY category get to die here. i mean some are still dead in HD, DD, FS... what abuout getting those cleaned up?
it's kinda annoying when you have to hunt down a thread. & subbing to a thread is more annoying when you get inane posts.

Please consider adding the "Expired Deals" link under the "forums" tab at the top of the web page next to the other forum links (Hot Deals | Free Stuff | Finance | Deal Discussion | Forums Search | Topic Alerts | Private Messages).

thats hot

This seems like a good idea. This would make more sense than putting threads in deal discussion or waiting until they are archived.

this is annoying.
had no idea where a thread went that i was posting to...heck, i did not even know it existed until now.

maybe i will get used to it, but i don't really like it as it stands.
it was pretty easy to look past the dead deals in the hot deals forum...

just my 2 cents.

deleted

RightHere said: rhythmwaters said: Can the deal rating from hot deals carry over to this new catagory?What's the purpose of ratings in this forum? The DD forum doesn't have ratings. Just curious as to why you think ratings will be valuable here.Very good point. I think that since these will all be expired deals, there probably won't really need to be a reason to promote an offer.

It would be helpful if a sticky was added to the Hot Deals forum pointing people to this forum.

It would only need to stay a sticky for about a month.

Otherwise, I like this idea.

How long will the expired deals stay in this forum?

ecnica said: How long will the expired deals stay in this forum?

LOL...so you're essentially asking how long until expired deals become expired? I would imagine once no one cares about them anymore, they'll just sink to the bottom.

hi

hie

FatWallet.Com said: This category will be the new resting place for deals when they expire.

The purpose is to get them out of the hot deals category to make new deals easier to find.

And to make these threads harder to find.

Lovely.

hiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I finallly figured out why FW decided to make this forum. If they use this as a dumping ground - whether it makes things harder to find and is harder to find itself - it gets items out of the way that have no potential to make any money for FW.

Yay for FW and pinching every last penny!

hi

hi frog pond

hi !!! spades , room ??

u not in frog pond??

all rooms full...where to go?

im at ram cliff

ook im at frong pond.....................this is latest

listen its 11:33 i dunno why this thing shows my time 1 hr behind.!
i m doing cleaning meet at 12 :30.
p.s. i m still at frog pond.

dont c u in frog pond.
m in mosquito pool whenevr u come

im cumin to mosquito pool

dont call, dont msg no matter what.
M in big trouble. DONT CALL. until i do.

ok i wont.....
but whats the prob
is it us?
take care
love

Skipping 14 Messages...
Not good at all.
Many only look in the Hot Deals section.

Sometimes, the only means of support for the specific deal on an item is from other members who participated. If item is moved, chances are great that if anyone needs to know something about the deal gone bad, no one will see it after it is moved. Those that need help, and those that could help will be kept apart. A bump to a thread brings it to the attention of those that need to see it, but not if it has been moved to a place no one sees it. Might as well delete the thread 5 minutes after it has expired.

Maybe moved 30 days after expired, or at least long enough for those that order an item the time to receive it.

Don't know about how others feel, but IMHO the forums are no where close to being filled with clutter.
This move is not needed.

EDIT: As expected, the post I made 3 days ago in the expired deal section has gone unnoticed by those that might have been able to help. Thread was moved before anyone even received the item. Why the mad rush to move a thread? Because you have to power to? This is a true example of how it does not work.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014