• 1 234517
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
add CompUSA 4 Port USB 2.0 Storage & Print Server to cart to see 20% off, $5 shipping though

quite interesting toys, any freeshipping coupon to apply?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
It's kinda spooky... I bought a couple when the deal was on the go... Took the first one out yesterday to set up a small... (more)

gmitch64 (Dec. 24, 2007 @ 7:33a) |

see treads0322 post of Dec 9
maybe that will help

HardlyWorthit (Dec. 24, 2007 @ 11:49a) |

It's the damnest thing.... I installed Win98 on a VM box, and the menu popped up first time. Off to configure it etc now... (more)

gmitch64 (Dec. 26, 2007 @ 7:48p) |

Back in stock

Manual & drivers link to product .... link

Thanks to Sparky:

Many are reporting that the 1.12 upgrade causes you to have no SMB write access to any storage unit.
Wait for the findings before upgrading!!!!

New Firmware Version 1.12 here and ad and delay-free download link

Steps to format a big hard drive (>32 GB and upto 2TB) in FAT32 so it can be used without multiple partitions: here
Message edited by: gamefreakgcb on 2006-10-11 12:23:05 CDT

FW version 1.15 can be downloaded here.

The version 1.00 firmware dated 09/27/2005 is posted here (thanks to jakster). Flashes OK and web interface works, but not extensively tested beyond that. Use at your own risk.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

customer rating of 2.9 but it's a pretty cool idea, most print servers are a lot more. and the ability to have external drives samba shared is nice.

Assuming it works well enough it's hot

Thanks OP! Green for you. I was looking for something like this, but inexpensive. Last time made a trip to the store and was told none in stock, because it's obsolete. The device is a good idea though. I'm planning to use it as print server and hook up an external USB drive and use it as a network-attached drive for backing up all my machines. Got 2, shipping is still 5 bucks for both Cool.

Seem like there are quite a few problems w/ these units. In for a couple since the price is right. Let's see if they really have the problems they mentioned on the reviews. $7.98 each and shipping is only $5 for up to 4 units.

how does the thing work? does it use 4 ip addresses?

Anyone know if I can return this directly to the store if they turn out to be junk or do I have to mail it back?

I didn't see a lot of consistency in the complaints, thus I think the ones who say it just doesn't work were probably just dumb; my main disinterest is in the fact that I wouldn't be able to use the + functions of my multi-function printer, so it'd be a little limiting.

I dunno, the negative reviews weren't written by the most trust-worthy product testers I can think of. I have a feeling that not all printers will work well. My Epson c84 hardly works with any print server. But the C60 works with almost all.

too bad it doesn't come gigabit..

dethfitr said: Anyone know if I can return this directly to the store if they turn out to be junk or do I have to mail it back?Click customer service -> return policy.

sinik said: dethfitr said: Anyone know if I can return this directly to the store if they turn out to be junk or do I have to mail it back?Click customer service -> return policy.

was too lazy to look there... i was hoping someone would give a quick answer...

will check it at local store.

green for OP, red for FW(CashBack not working)

jskim9 said: I dunno, the negative reviews weren't written by the most trust-worthy product testers I can think of. I have a feeling that not all printers will work well. My Epson c84 hardly works with any print server. But the C60 works with almost all.
I agree. One of the reviewer complains that 'Not all functions are available like a direct USB connection' - which is true with any Print server. Only basic print functions work.
And other reviewer says "Tried two, both are defective". I don't give much credit to a review like that. Also note that two reviewers specifically say "Read reviews carefully".. I think it's worth a try. $5 shipping is bad, but worth taking chance since tere are MIRs involved.

2 for me, 1 for class mate.

I hope this tech item worth $10 bucks (finger crossed)

hot if it works! we'll see

what the heck, in for two.

I forgot about FatCash, so don't you forget FC!

In for 2 ... hope they work at least for the print function ok. Seems like alot of complaints but I figure if the print works for 10 bucks then its a bargain. If the usb storage works at all then its a steal.

so it works like a NAS if you connect a USB hdd to it ?

If the NAS function works AT ALL it's a very good deal.

Heck, for that cheap it's worth trying at least.

In for one...

I might get a red for this, but when I order from CompUSA I usually order some random item to put it over the $150 mark and then return the item. I know its a cheap move, but $150 for free shipping is outrageous and $5 shipping for a $8 product is also silly. Especially an item with such a questionable review history. Don't want to be paying $5 if I decide to return it.

PoisnBGood said: In for one...

I might get a red for this, but when I order from CompUSA I usually order some random item to put it over the $150 mark and then return the item. I know its a cheap move, but $150 for free shipping is outrageous and $5 shipping for a $8 product is also silly. Especially an item with such a questionable review history. Don't want to be paying $5 if I decide to return it.

I might get green for this, but
returning a silly item TO THE STORE is silly

In for one... for the NAS.

Thanks OP.

Hot. In for 2.

Shipping is FREE for us CompUSA network members.

got 2, first try for the NAS

shouldn't watch fw that often, spent about $100 today just buying some random stuff ><

I think last time this was posted some1 said it only supports up to 32 gig.

Ordered one.
Price is good enough to experiment.
And no rebates

Sweet, got 11 WINK WINK WINK

What the heck, in for 2. Thanks OP

Just ordered one with free shipping (CompUSA Network). Remember the CompUSA network in expiring this week!!!

How do I cancel an order?

Thanks,

yz313

Found the manual and drivers download page on CompUSA website .... Enjoy!

product downlaod page

sinik said: dethfitr said: Anyone know if I can return this directly to the store if they turn out to be junk or do I have to mail it back?Click customer service -> return policy.

states the following in the return policy, "All clearance products (including refurbished, new and open box items) purchased from this website cannot be returned." link

The product web page does not say clearance but when added to the cart it does say "20% off clearance items..." and it has the xx.98 ending which I think indicates clearance...

Anyone have experience returning such items? the price is probably worth the gamble but then again who wants to be stuck with a POS...

Oh crap, it says drives must be formatted fat32, no NTFS????

pctech429 said: Oh crap, it says drives must be formatted fat32, no NTFS????
So? What are you so worried about? Theres nothing wrong with fat32.

What am I going to do with something that doesn't work? I'm a college student, can't be throwing $13 on something that doesn't work.

RegUSPatOff said: PoisnBGood said: In for one...

I might get green for this, but
returning a silly item TO THE STORE is silly

for $8, why not.

any place to update firmware?

andunn said: Just ordered one with free shipping (CompUSA Network). Remember the CompUSA network in expiring this week!!!

I've checked but couldn't find how to join, do you care to provide a link? TIA!

Skipping 603 Messages...
HardlyWorthit said: see treads0322 post of Dec 9
maybe that will help

It's the damnest thing.... I installed Win98 on a VM box, and the menu popped up first time. Off to configure it etc now... Thanks for the pointers everyone (and the links to the latest firmware too).

G

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014