Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1380 381 382383384385
  • Page
  • Text Only
You can still get Sprint's Free & Clear plans, if you hammer them and know where to look for them.

I am planning to get Palm Pre. What is the best plan deal available? Thanks.

I am about 5 days to be off the contract with SERO, I signed 2 years ago, and besides somebody can tell me, I was a happy customer, come on guys, unlimited data, unlimited sms, unlimited nights and weekend (7pm), free minutes to sprint all this for 30 cheap bucks, who really can complain about it?

Now I wanted to upgrade to a new phone for free or have a discount on the premium ones, I really dont care which one, but I want a new smart phone (not the cheap ones) and I tried to go to sprint.com, log in to my account and click the "upgrade link", not it seems I am screwed, it says "we are sorry but you are part of a plan SERO no longer available, go to XXXXXX address and make your upgrade there", when O go to that address, it ask me for the email and an employee ID which obviously I do not have because I used the email found here at this topit at this very forum 2 years ago.

What should I do?

amgra said: when O go to that address, it ask me for the email and an employee ID which obviously I do not have because I used the email found here at this topit at this very forum 2 years ago.

What should I do?

russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com / 383

Sprint reject sero
Disclaimer
I am going to try it right away, thank you

Will your SERO plan be changed to the new everything plus plan if you upgrade your phone on that website?

I think your best bet is calling Sprint sales to upgrade phones.

Yes, it seems, if I do the upgrade thing (either web or phone call), I will be forced to change my account, so my advice is how bad do you want/need the new unit? Maybe I am better as it now, just keep paying my bill $30 and keep my phone, up to you guys.

I am currently on the SERO plan and my contract is up. I went to Sprint's corporate store to see what I could do to upgrade my account to get a new phone... I was told that there is no way to get the Palm Pre nor the Instinct (like I would really want the Instinct), but was told that I could get the HTC Touch Pro. So I had the girl that was helping me get the HTC Touch Pro and act like she was ringing it up and she was able to add the phone to my account with my SERO plan and I was still given my $150 ugrade discount with the phone. The only thing was I wouldn't get the Navigation on the phone since that is not part of the SERO plan. Basically the HTC Touch Pro is the best phone you can ugrade to while still keeping the SERO plan imo.

I am waiting for the Diamond or Touch 2 to come out.... I'll be very happy with any of them. If they make them "upgrade only", I'll probably get the Touch pro and take good care of it so it lasts me for at least a decade!

I tried to upgrade phone on the site too, but I called the sprint support number when I prompted the error message that I need to either sign in to the employee referral site or call. The sale person was able to offer me the lowest promotion price as listed on the website rather than take $150 off the original price. I haven't decided on which one to get yet. Anybody has experience with Treo Pro?

I just upgraded to a new Diamond at Best Buy (last one left) and renewed my contract for 2 years keeping SERO 500 F&F. I preferred using Best Buy because all the discounts and rebates are instant (not mail in like if you go through Sprint.)

Is it possible to activate a used Blackberry Curve with a clean ESN on a $30 SERO account if I don't need BIS for corporate email? Will everything else work (pretty much voice, text, and internet)?

thanks.

jingorm said: Is it possible to activate a used Blackberry Curve with a clean ESN on a $30 SERO account if I don't need BIS for corporate email? Will everything else work (pretty much voice, text, and internet)?

thanks.

Yes, it is i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 and the $30 SERO plan. But i do recall having to ask and make sure my account had the correct data plan?!?!?!...just go to a sprint store and ask them or call.

i'm currently on Sprint SERO $30/plan, i started with a Q9C, then upgraded to HTC Diamond back in Sept. 08 - i'm able to do an upgrade now, wish i could upgrade to something nicer.. i want a qwerty keyboard since i can't type fast on the diamond, i've heard of people being able to go with the HTC Snap, although it's one of the lesser quality phones on HTC's line, it's better then nothing, plus i can do internet sharing...

My contract is up and I am on the SERO plan. Does anyone have any experience getting sprint retention to lower the price on the HTC diamond or touch? The price they want with getting locked in for two years is almost the same price as buying the phone new on eBay without getting locked in.

Thanks

fventura03 said: ...i've heard of people being able to go with the HTC Snap, although it's one of the lesser quality phones on HTC's line, it's better then nothing, plus i can do internet sharing...

did you know that the sprint version of the snap is going to lack wifi where the Verizon and AT&T versions are going to have it...just try to get a blackberry, walk into a store and talk to them about it. For me they had to "check if my data plan was compatible"?!? Because the tour is looking pretty nice.

zmm12345 said: The price they want with getting locked in for two years is almost the same price as buying the phone new on eBay without getting locked in.

Then why don't you get it online and save your upgrade for something else...

When I try to enter this Russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com, it says access denied. Any ideas?

taboo8614 said: did you know that the sprint version of the snap is going to lack wifi where the Verizon and AT&T versions are going to have it

If that's true, I'd bet that the feature will just be disabled (doubt they'd manufacture an entirely different phone just for Sprint), and that there'll soon be hack to enable the wifi. The same thing happened with DUN on the Treo 650s.

well i just got that info from the cnet video review on it, i personally think it's stupid either way if they do it or not...also her that verizon's and AT&T HTC 2 will have a 3.5 headphone jack where it's still unknown if the sprint version will have that or a usb port

Ralphyralph141 said: When I try to enter this Russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com, it says access denied. Any ideas?

Did you enter 383 in CID?

yes I did enter 383

i was just able to log on. Check your spelling and try again.

taboo8614 said: jingorm said: Is it possible to activate a used Blackberry Curve with a clean ESN on a $30 SERO account if I don't need BIS for corporate email? Will everything else work (pretty much voice, text, and internet)?

thanks.

Yes, it is i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 and the $30 SERO plan. But i do recall having to ask and make sure my account had the correct data plan?!?!?!...just go to a sprint store and ask them or call.

wait, really? how and when did you get that approved? i was thinking about getting a blackberry cause my Q is crapping out.

Hey guys, my daughter has the samsung M520 phone, what a piece of you know what, the screen is going out on it again and it's out of warranty. I don't want to lose this 30/month sero plan, should I upgrade her phone and if so, can I do this on the web, in person, or call sprint?

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's phone issues. As you may know, you qualify for a $75 discount after the first year, and $150 after the second. Since the phone is already out of warranty, I assume you are at least past the 1st anniversary, which makes you elegible for some discount.

To update, I found it to be easiest over the phone. Some SERO members have reported that the web interface asks for a plan upgrade (even without the INstinct or Pre). Additionally, stores and or corporate Sprint stores seem to be a crap shoot. Having said that; in some cases(BestBuy and perhaps others), the attractive prices may justify giving them a try.

I hope this helps.

Ralphyralph141 said: Hey guys, my daughter has the samsung M520 phone, what a piece of you know what, the screen is going out on it again and it's out of warranty. I don't want to lose this 30/month sero plan, should I upgrade her phone and if so, can I do this on the web, in person, or call sprint?

Thanks I will give that a try...

Thanks I will give that a try...

I have the original 500 sero F &F plan What is the phone closest to the iphone that I can get on this plan. Would like the palm pre, not sure I can get it on this plan. I currently have the moto Q. Thanks for the advice.

I am in the same situation (current Q user with SERO). In my opinion, either the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro are customizable enough to make it look like an iPhone.... only better!

P.s. I am holding out for the new generation of both phones (1-3 months) before I decide what my next phone will be.

what type of discount can sprint retention give on the touch and touch pro to get me to lock in for two more years (my contract is up)

shelly2k said: I have the original 500 sero F &F plan What is the phone closest to the iphone that I can get on this plan. Would like the palm pre, not sure I can get it on this plan. I currently have the moto Q. Thanks for the advice.

BargainActivist said: I am in the same situation (current Q user with SERO). In my opinion, either the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro are customizable enough to make it look like an iPhone.... only better!
P.s. I am holding out for the new generation of both phones (1-3 months) before I decide what my next phone will be.

I can't see how your MotoQ has lasted this long to start with, mine crapped out quick, I hated that phone. I have the 500 sero plan as well and just bought the HTC Touch Pro off eBay for $199 shipped and currently have it with my SERO plan w/ no new contract, and you get free navigation on the phone as well for not extra charge on your plan since it's an application. Personally I love this phone.

zmm12345 said: what type of discount can sprint retention give on the touch and touch pro to get me to lock in for two more years (my contract is up)

Buy the touch or touch pro off eBay as I wrote above. It will be cheaper and you won't have to sign a new contract. Look a few post above on this thread and read what I wrote about regarding the upgrade with Sprint and the Touch Pro.

Could I get sprint retention to give me a $150 dollar credit to my account instead of a phone upgrade and then buy the touch pro on eBay for $200?

zmm12345 said: Could I get sprint retention to give me a $150 dollar credit to my account instead of a phone upgrade and then buy the touch pro on eBay for $200?

I doubt it since the $150 discount is for an renewal in contract but I've never asked so let us know when you find out.

Hey guys, my daughter has the samsung M520 phone, what a piece of you know what, the screen is going out on it again and it's out of warranty. I don't want to lose this 30/month sero plan, should I upgrade her phone and if so, can I do this on the web, in person, or call sprint?

I had the m520 2 phones ago on the SERO 500 plan. The M520 was a fine phone, I had no difficulty with it at all. Nonetheless there is no reason to stick with a phone you are unhappy with. Since Sprint phones off eBay are so cheap , simply buy a new one for about $50 or so.

You can also just go into an independent Sprint store and buy a used phone. My bud just did this when he ruined his Moto Q9. They sold him a Katana in excellent shape for $50 and activated it without extending his SERO 1250 plan.

It is a snap to activate it online. no contract extension, no fees, no hassle.
TIP - make sure to copy down the activation code # they give you. This lets you unlock and access the phone's inner workings, sort of like having an administrator account. Especially good if you want to use your phone as a broadband modem and connect your laptop to it.

shelly2k said: I have the original 500 sero F &F plan What is the phone closest to the iphone that I can get on this plan. Would like the palm pre, not sure I can get it on this plan. I currently have the moto Q. Thanks for the advice.

Palm Pre is not available on the old SERO F&F plans. Period. The only phones not available to you are the Pre and the Instinct. Not sure about the new Blackberry Tour, it may not be either.

Palm Pre is not available on SERO but is it available on Everything Data 1500 Plan? What is the best Sprint plan deal for Palm Pre? Thanks.

I just ordered a Pre today, and was told I couldn't combine the $59.99 SERO plan with the 25% off Alliant discount. The 25% off worked out to be a few bucks cheaper, so I went that route.

I hope they change the requirements for the Palm Pre. I would love to have the Palm Pre on my SERO $30 plan. I have the Treo 700p. It has been great having the free data plan plus all the other benefits of a Treo.

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 1380 381 382383384385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014