Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1381 382 383384385
  • Page
  • Text Only
PennySaved said: I hope they change the requirements for the Palm Pre. I would love to have the Palm Pre on my SERO $30 plan. I have the Treo 700p. It has been great having the free data plan plus all the other benefits of a Treo.

Doesn't look good. They never did it for the Instinct (still haven't in fact). The Instinct had similar buzz when first introduced. Instinct has turned out to be not that great a phone. Not a huge demand for it and Sprint has not changed the requirements.

I'd get the Pre in a second if I could put it on SERO. Oh well.

So no one has a crack on the palm pre yet? Did anyone actually bought from a 3rd party and able to activate the pre on a Sero plan?

Another question is: I notice there are people selling the SERO plan on eBay? Does it really works?

What is the cheapest plan(family or individual) available that works for Palm Pre? Thanks.

Same boat as a lot of you. I have the SERO 500 plan with a Palm Centro and my 2 year contract is up in November. I was hoping to get the new Instinct HD but it sounds like it's gonna be locked out like the Pre. What are my best options?

I was at my friend's place over the weekend, after we renew the 2/1 year contract this year, sprint can kick us out as contract expired, is it true?

I heard that after we renew our contract for this year..as time expired..depends on you renew 1 or 2 year..sprint will try to kick all $30 sero plan customers out...is it true???

No, they cannot just kick out all the $30 Sero people.

skull1leader said: No, they cannot just kick out all the $30 Sero people.

Actually yes they can and they already have started doing it. It happened to me back in May with my $49.99 SERO unlimited data plan. In order to keep the legacy unlimited $49.99 SERO data plan I was forced to re-up a new 2 year Sprint contract within 60 days of my Spint SERO contract expiration date and also I had to re-verify my SERO eligibility. The only good thing that came out of it was that I waited until the last minute to enter a new contract and I was able to get them to give me the Sprint MyFi for free after a $50 MIR on my legacy Sero data plan. My $30 SERO plan for my home phone expires next month so I am expecting to receive an identical notice.

Basically once your Sprint SERO contract is up Sprint is under no obligation to continue service at the expired contract rate just like you are no longer under contract to continue your service with them. It is 100% legal for them to require you enter into a new contract under new terms or suspend service with proper prior notification if they wish since neither party is under any contract obligation.

so is there anyway around this? or do we all have to pay the $99 dollars a month for the unlimited data plan + minutes? need help and fast, just bought the instinct and wanted to switch my SERO plan over and they wouldnt let me. i have to up-grade to the new plan but goin from 30 to 99 is a HUGE change per month. if anyone knows anything please post.

Senior Member - 5k

"Actually yes they can and they already have started doing it. It happened to me back in May with my $49.99 SERO unlimited data plan. In order to keep the legacy unlimited $49.99 SERO data plan I was forced to re-up a new 2 year Sprint contract within 60 days of my Spint SERO contract expiration date and also I had to re-verify my SERO eligibility"

Would you happen to have an employee email and CID # to "re-verify" SERO elegibility?

I've been a $30 SERO customer for 2 years. how can I purchase a new phone with sprint and retain my $30 sero contract? on sprint.com when i log in under "I want to: there is the button "Upgrade this phone You are eligible to save $150". and when I click on it it says "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order." So if I call the sales rep at the 888# to buy a new phone, will they be able to keep me on my $30/month SERO plan, or would my only option be to upgrade to the $60/month plan they have now?

No, I dont think there is any problem with updating your cell phone on SERO plan.

Squeezer99 said: I've been a $30 SERO customer for 2 years. how can I purchase a new phone with sprint and retain my $30 sero contract? on sprint.com when i log in under "I want to: there is the button "Upgrade this phone You are eligible to save $150". and when I click on it it says "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order." So if I call the sales rep at the 888# to buy a new phone, will they be able to keep me on my $30/month SERO plan, or would my only option be to upgrade to the $60/month plan they have now?

Squeezer99 said: I've been a $30 SERO customer for 2 years. how can I purchase a new phone with sprint and retain my $30 sero contract? on sprint.com when i log in under "I want to: there is the button "Upgrade this phone You are eligible to save $150". and when I click on it it says "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order." So if I call the sales rep at the 888# to buy a new phone, will they be able to keep me on my $30/month SERO plan, or would my only option be to upgrade to the $60/month plan they have now?

I just bought the Touch Pro 2 earlier today using that number. Kept my $30 sero plan and renewed contract for another 2 years. I was eligible for the $150 too.

veeeeee said: Squeezer99 said: I just bought the Touch Pro 2 earlier today using that number. Kept my $30 sero plan and renewed contract for another 2 years. I was eligible for the $150 too.

Lucky you. How did you manage to pull that off? Did they ask you for the employee id or anything? How much did u ended up paying for it? So, what, you just called the # and said you wanted to upgrade or buy a phone and keep your sero $30 plan? Share please

My contract is expired and I would like to get the Touch Pro 2 at a very reasonable price. Thanks.

veeeeee said: Squeezer99 said: I've been a $30 SERO customer for 2 years. how can I purchase a new phone with sprint and retain my $30 sero contract? on sprint.com when i log in under "I want to: there is the button "Upgrade this phone You are eligible to save $150". and when I click on it it says "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order." So if I call the sales rep at the 888# to buy a new phone, will they be able to keep me on my $30/month SERO plan, or would my only option be to upgrade to the $60/month plan they have now?

I just bought the Touch Pro 2 earlier today using that number. Kept my $30 sero plan and renewed contract for another 2 years. I was eligible for the $150 too.

How much did you pay for the HTC Touch Pro after all your rebates and discounts. Can you please break down the details? Thanks

I was able to add a second SERO line back in December thru http://www.sprint.com/everythingplus and using Sprint employee e-mail address: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com and Last 3 digits of employee ID (CID): 383
I dont know if this is still possible, you could also try placing the order over the phone using the above email and CID. I just tried unsuccessfully to upgrade my old handset online but havent try over the phone; at least today dont feel like dealing with Sprint customer service reps. Good luck!

So what is the best phone/$ that one can get and still remain on the SERO plan?

thanks,

m

Did anyone ever go to the website, enter in the information, then enter your zip code and get a note on the next screen saying that the program wasn't available in your area? What did you do if you did?

I don't think you can renew your contract online. I called and complained about international text msg, then the lady asked me if I wanted to upgrade my phone and renew the contract, of course, I said yes. Then she did that for me with $150 discount to buy a new phone and renew my SERO $30 plan even thought my original plan would not be expired until March 2010. I guess you have to call and if you are lucky, someone would do that for you. Good luck!

Hey guys, I have a question -

I'm out of contract with my SERO 500min F&F/$30 monthly plan, and I have a completely defunct phone (M520, white screen freeze). I might want to get a Blackberry Tour on the $59.99/mo Everything Plus plan, but can I sell my SERO account AND keep the number too? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, you cannot keep your number. If that was possible, I would have sold my SERO too and moved to a NEW family plan (with more new phones & better choices).

I myself am looking to get another SERO plan for my wife, or move both of us to family everything plan with corporate discounts.

Stonesour025 said: Hey guys, I have a question -

I'm out of contract with my SERO 500min F&F/$30 monthly plan, and I have a completely defunct phone (M520, white screen freeze). I might want to get a Blackberry Tour on the $59.99/mo Everything Plus plan, but can I sell my SERO account AND keep the number too? Or is it just one or the other?

Thanks in advance!

borisnotthespider said: Unfortunately, you cannot keep your number. If that was possible, I would have sold my SERO too and moved to a NEW family plan (with more new phones & better choices).

I myself am looking to get another SERO plan for my wife, or move both of us to family everything plan with corporate discounts.

Stonesour025 said: Hey guys, I have a question -

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the reply Boris. I think I'll keep my number then and try and get the best retention discounts for Everything Plus, and a Tour

Hey SERO fans, I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs a new phone and is on the SERO plan. What is the best SERO-compatible phone out there right now (or coming soon)? The HTC Hero, Blackberry Tour, and Palm PRE don't work.

hakujin41 said: Hey SERO fans, I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs a new phone and is on the SERO plan. What is the best SERO-compatible phone out there right now (or coming soon)? The HTC Hero, Blackberry Tour, and Palm PRE don't work.

what's you're definition of best?

Squeezer99 said: hakujin41 said: Hey SERO fans, I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs a new phone and is on the SERO plan. What is the best SERO-compatible phone out there right now (or coming soon)? The HTC Hero, Blackberry Tour, and Palm PRE don't work.

what's you're definition of best?

Best comparable alternative to the Hero, Tour, Pre. Web browser, actual/virtual keyboard, camera, android (N/A currently, i know), 3.5 star and up CNET reviews. I have a Palm Centro and it still works, but i want something better. I haven't heard of anyone successfully hacking a pre/Hero/Tour so that it can be used on SERO.

I currently have two SERO lines as I've had for the past 3 years, I have the $30.00 plan that includes

500 minutes, 250 bonus minutes
unlimited text, picture, video, direct connect.
I save 10% off on both lines with a discount.

I want to open another sero account on the sprint side because nextel sucks and always had since the past year as the service is terriable with all these new people that keep getting added on the unlimited boost plan.

What don't make sense to me is how can a PREPAID be cheaper than a plan that makes ZERO sense to me, you can't even get a decent plan for $69 now days plus tax and service fees.

$50 is a flat rate no taxes, service charges or fees, and no contract, plus its UNLIMITED EVERYTHING.

what the hell is wrong with this picture?

I currently have two SERO lines as I've had for the past 3 years, I have the $30.00 plan that includes

500 minutes, 250 bonus minutes
unlimited text, picture, video, direct connect.
I save 10% off on both lines with a discount.

I want to open another sero account on the sprint side because nextel sucks and always had since the past year as the service is terriable with all these new people that keep getting added on the unlimited boost plan.

What don't make sense to me is how can a PREPAID be cheaper than a plan that makes ZERO sense to me, you can't even get a decent plan for $69 now days plus tax and service fees.

I pay $68 and some change everything month after taxes, fees, service charges and service and repair. It's not bad but it's not unlimited either, why won't they match prepaid prices, shoot metro pcs is unlimited at 30$ a pop.. something is wrong that is why nextel lost a half million customers in the past 6 months.

$50 is a flat rate no taxes, service charges or fees, and no contract, plus its UNLIMITED EVERYTHING.

what the hell is wrong with this picture?

Has anyone successfully upgraded their phone to Samsung Ace under the SERO plan? I tried to upgrade my current phone to the Ace,it says on the web it will require me to either get a new plan or get the Pro Pack, however I can still get the phone (but I don't know if it will require me to change/get new plan add-on when I try to activate the Ace). I tried to order through telesale and they won't let me get the Ace without changing the plan. Is there anyway around this BS?

I am on the F&F 500 $30 a month 500min unlimited txt & web with a BB pearl. I know some people have been able to add a second line (so another $30 a month) and some people are having problems lately.
so 2 questions
1. has anybody added another line lately and how you do it?
2. did you bring an already existing phone or did you buy one from sprint?

justwantmymoney said: I am on the F&F 500 $30 a month 500min unlimited txt & web with a BB pearl. I know some people have been able to add a second line (so another $30 a month) and some people are having problems lately.
so 2 questions
1. has anybody added another line lately and how you do it?
2. did you bring an already existing phone or did you buy one from sprint?

I'm fairly active on the Sprint User's forum and I've never heard of anyone being able to add a 2nd SERO 500 $30 plans since those plans were terminated. They have been discontinued for a year now. There are new Employee Referral plans but the $30 plan is gone. (They will have to pry mine out of my dead hands.)Before discontinuance you could do it of course but not for a year now.

You might like to post over there and perhaps get an answer from a Sprint employee.

I just upgraded my old Moto Q to a free Samsung Reclaim with no problems, I'm also on the $30 SERO plan. I did it online.

joesobe said: I just upgraded my old Moto Q to a free Samsung Reclaim with no problems, I'm also on the $30 SERO plan. I did it online.

did this renew your $30 plan for another 2 yrs? I'd love to upgrade my Ace phone.

Thanks!

I been using the same Palm 755p for about 3 years now...been using it since it first come out and desparately need a new replacement. The list for SERO's elite phones are pretty much as bland as you could get. Anybody have a good recommendation for a pretty solid all-around phone? I looked at the HTC Touch Pro 2 but am just not impressed by it.

Yes this renewed my contract for 2 more years. I've been using my Reclaim for a week now and I'm happy with it. I believe it was the only 3G offering that was free after the upgrade.

Good Luck!

allen074 said: joesobe said: I just upgraded my old Moto Q to a free Samsung Reclaim with no problems, I'm also on the $30 SERO plan. I did it online.

did this renew your $30 plan for another 2 yrs? I'd love to upgrade my Ace phone.

Thanks!

Sorry I meant to say the Reclaim was the only phone free after the upgrade credit that offers both 3G speed and full keyboard.
joesobe said: Yes this renewed my contract for 2 more years. I've been using my Reclaim for a week now and I'm happy with it. I believe it was the only 3G offering that was free after the upgrade.

Good Luck!

Is there a website that list all current phones compatible with the sero plan?

DerrickTT said: Is there a website that list all current phones compatible with the sero plan?

I spoke with a CSR about this 2 weeks ago (I have the 500 minute $30 SERO plan).

SERO qualifies for any phone that does not require a bundled data plan (so that excludes HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Palm Pixi, and all models of the Samsung Instinct). All other Sprint phones not on that list are SERO Compatible. That includes at least 15 SERO eligible smart phones. Just log into your Sprint account, select upgrade this phone, and click the box at the top to view smart phones only (assuming you want a smart phone that is). Cross of the phones that I listed as requiring a bundled data plan and you have the most current list that applies to you specifically anytime you want it.

I purchased the HTC Touch Pro 2 a few weeks ago and I am indeed happy with it. I am a long time windows mobile user and still prefer the platform, plus it's the only one compatible with SERO besides the doomed Palm. The key is to find the useful apps that will do the stuff you need or prefer.

There are many new smartphones coming up in the next few months, some with 6.5, and soon with 7.0. Also, as the new phones come out, the TP2 will eventually come down in price (alhough I do not regret paying the full $349 after rebate).

Perhaps waiting will be beneficial, but you may find that slowly but surely all the better phones will eventually require that we drop the SERO plan.

I just called sprint to order a CENTRO for my wife and ended up asking about the palm pixi to see if it would be elegiable under the F&F 500 SERO, he put me on hold and said it would work, however I would not get the $100 rebate and pay with tax and shipping 230.99, no terribe however I still chose the CENTRO because even if I got the phone there is no garuntee taht it would be good when I try to activate it, I did ask if the HERO would work and he state 'yes', but the same applies, no rebate, which I'm cool with if I can keep the plan. Has anyone recieved a phone and once they get it and try to activate they end up getting screwed??? I just hope I didn't pass on a good deal here...

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 1381 382 383384385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014