Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 15 6 789385
  • Page
  • Text Only
g00ber said: Does the Treo 700wx have GPS?

I googled and some say it does, some say it doesnt.
Can someone please confirm?

no it doesnt...it requires an external bluetooth gps (extra)

txw40 and ev6mediahq,

here is the link to the kellogg/sprint discount coupon

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7376/nextelrebatenx6.gif

enjoy!

siritchy said: Any luck with getting a phone and signing up for SERO in Sprint stores?If you are an existing customer, sure, but you will pay more at the store (depending on the phone) and activate by CSR. If you are a new customer, I am not sure.

OP! Thanks for letting us know about the Sprint SERO plan is open for everyone.

We have two phones on a Sprint PCS family plan that expire at the end of this month. I want to enroll in SERO plan (my employer discount is around 25%) with my wife but we want to keep our monthly bill to around $65/month. Sprint has $30 or $50 individual SERO plans, the one will $30 only offers 500 minutes per line. My wife and I use all our 800 minutes now and I wanted to get both of us around 700-800 minutes each under our new plan to prevent going over charges. $50 plans gives way too many minutes for us to use (1250 each) and will cost us $80 with taxes.
Is there any other plan such as $40 SERO plan that will give 750 minutes or so and will fit our budget as well. Anyone, planning to take SERO for their families please advise. We also want to get new phones. Sprint gave us $150 each towards new phones, can we also use Sprint/Kellogg rebate on top of it (stackable?)?
Thanks... Waiting for your response..

The sprint rebate form in Amazon.com (here) shows 150$ for "KRZR"
But inphonics.com shows "KRZR K1m"

Are they the same thing? Will they honor the 150$ rebate?

Thanks

g00ber said: The sprint rebate form in Amazon.com (here) shows 150$ for "KRZR"

Thanks

Doubt it since the rebate calls for a $34.99 or higher plan anyway. SERO is $30. Doesn't hurt to try though.

FinsUp99 said: g00ber said: The sprint rebate form in Amazon.com (here) shows 150$ for "KRZR"

Thanks

Doubt it since the rebate calls for a $34.99 or higher plan anyway. SERO is $30. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Thanks for pointing that out. The wording is hazy.
1) The 34.99 is noted right under "Current Customers". What about new customers like me?
2) It has the word "may", so I guess you can argue that

Btw, without the 34.99 issue, do they look at the "KRZR K1m" and "KRZR" as the same model?

I jumped in on the Nextel side of things because where I live right now, most if not all of my friends have it. My bill for two phones (two separate Sero plans) with TXT messaging and insurance is around $74/month right now.

With the Verizon family plan on 1000 minutes, I was paying almost $110/month for similar services.

The network here is pretty good for the Nextel side of things and I'm pretty happy with the service so far.

Eve6MediaHQ said:
I urge EVERYONE who placed an order yesterday intending on porting their phone number to go to the live help agent on whereismyorder.com and checking on the status of their order. I just spoke to a CSR and my order was not set to port my number ( I don't understand why, since i filled out the whole porting number form). In any case, it should be no problem to fix if you catch it in the processing phase.

I strongly encourage everyone to check with the CSR ASAP so you can make sure the port will go through and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Are you keeping all the knowledgeable agents busy ?

Anyone knows if I will be able to port my Verizon phone later? I decided to try their service for 14 days without cancelling my current Verizon (where I am off of contract). If I keep Sprint, I'll cancel Verizon, otherwise, I will stay at my no-contract plan.

Eve6MediaHQ said: alive10 said: txw40 and ev6mediahq,

here is the link to the kellogg/sprint discount coupon

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/7376/nextelrebatenx6.gif

enjoy!

Will it work without getting the cereal box?

Let me ask it again, since both Eve6MediaHQ and I couldn't find that kind of cereal box, can we use the online rebate form, or we have to get a cereal box? Please answer us or direct us to a msg talking about it. THANKS!

techking1 said: hey guys also if you are not able to visit your loved once overseas, you may just try and call them from Raketu application. and free anywhere in the US for free. And trust me many more features like Voice calling..., that is PC TO PC for FREE, PC to any number in US for free and calling from PC to any where in the in 40 countries for minimum rates...and loads of things for entertainment like music etc. you know check and try for yourself on the website of Raketu .com

How long have you worked for Raketu .com? Do they have good employee benefits? How much did they pay you to post this ad here?

txw40 said: Let me ask it again, since both Eve6MediaHQ and I couldn't find that kind of cereal box, can we use the online rebate form, or we have to get a cereal box? Please answer us or direct us to a msg talking about it. THANKS! Or, like, you could search! AFAIK the rebate says it needs the original coupon. mitchellemt says she already got her rebate back, tho it is unclear whether she used a copy or not. I would send in the copy, and if it gets rejected, all you have is a copy to resubmit, right?
Just think of it as a $75 bonus, on top of a already great offer, that you may or may not receive.

fentonpcrackshell said: txw40 said: Let me ask it again, since both Eve6MediaHQ and I couldn't find that kind of cereal box, can we use the online rebate form, or we have to get a cereal box? Please answer us or direct us to a msg talking about it. THANKS! Or, like, you could search! AFAIK the rebate says it needs the original coupon. mitchellemt says she already got her rebate back, tho it is unclear whether she used a copy or not. I would send in the copy, and if it gets rejected, all you have is a copy to resubmit, right?

That might be an option. Thanks!

Anyone know the deal with tethering the Treo700p?? I assume that is not included in the $30.00. I heard the 6700 can be tethered undetected. Any advice???

Check out sprintusers.com/forums for a discussion on tethering. It's pretty involved and you'll have to do some dishonest stuff. (Disable NAI, etc.)

danlieb said: Check out sprintusers.com/forums for a discussion on tethering. It's pretty involved and you'll have to do some dishonest stuff. (Disable NAI, etc.)

Eh, no. as i said before, there's a $25 program u can us to do it.

I put my order in a couple days ago, took a day for the order to go from "Your order has been sent to Sprint PCS for credit approval and account activation." to where it was going to be charged and shipped. However I checked today and my order had reverted back to credit approval and account activation again. I went into a chat with someone on the status page and they told me that I was already a member of Sprint (true, but I didn't think that was an issue?), she also said that the 500 and 1250 plans were not being accepted by Sprint as valid and that I could change the order to a "regular" plan, which I understood to be non-sero.

Anyone else have this problem with their order? Any suggestions? I've been with Sprint like 3-4 years now, been out of contract for about 2 years.

bopgun said: danlieb said: Check out sprintusers.com/forums for a discussion on tethering. It's pretty involved and you'll have to do some dishonest stuff. (Disable NAI, etc.)

Eh, no. as i said before, there's a $25 program u can us to do it.

Whether you use a program or not, it's still dishonest and against sprint's TOS if you didn't pay for it specifically.

Arkayz said: I put my order in a couple days ago, took a day for the order to go from "Your order has been sent to Sprint PCS for credit approval and account activation." to where it was going to be charged and shipped. However I checked today and my order had reverted back to credit approval and account activation again. I went into a chat with someone on the status page and they told me that I was already a member of Sprint (true, but I didn't think that was an issue?), she also said that the 500 and 1250 plans were not being accepted by Sprint as valid and that I could change the order to a "regular" plan, which I understood to be non-sero.

Anyone else have this problem with their order? Any suggestions? I've been with Sprint like 3-4 years now, been out of contract for about 2 years.

Sounds to me like savings@sprint.com is a bogus referral. If you want to think the worst then maybe it's planted there to weed out the real sero referrals vs the abused ones. Interesting this deal came from a new member.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Blakester said: Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?Im in the middle of InPhonic/sprint hell regarding porting.

I DID note I wanted cingular # ported when getting SERO plan and phone from InPhonic. InPhonic ignored it and sent phone with new #. Then had to call sprint to get ported. Sprint rep said they couldnt port on $30 plan, needed to move to at least $39 plan to port, then could move back.

Said OK, since they confirmed there would be no fees. Im getting charged additional activation fees now for thenew plan and I cant get back on SERO. tremendous hassle. It will work out in the end Im sure, but I dont think this was worth the hassle.

Wow. What a load of horses**t. I have sucessfully ported to a SERO plan on three different occasions. Two with a Sprint $30 plan, and once with a Nextel $30 plan. All ports took about 20 minutes to complete after I got off the phone with them.

They will send you a phone with a temp number, even if you specify you want to port a number online. They won't do the port through the web order, you have to do it over the phone with a CSR. But it shouldn't be an issue.

Call back and ask for "Tier 2 Porting Support".

iwearnosox said: Arkayz said: I put my order in a couple days ago, took a day for the order to go from "Your order has been sent to Sprint PCS for credit approval and account activation." to where it was going to be charged and shipped. However I checked today and my order had reverted back to credit approval and account activation again. I went into a chat with someone on the status page and they told me that I was already a member of Sprint (true, but I didn't think that was an issue?), she also said that the 500 and 1250 plans were not being accepted by Sprint as valid and that I could change the order to a "regular" plan, which I understood to be non-sero.

Sounds to me like savings@sprint.com is a bogus referral. If you want to think the worst then maybe it's planted there to weed out the real sero referrals vs the abused ones. Interesting this deal came from a new member.

Actually I used a different email that I found. Didn't use the savings@sprint.com email for the referral. So I know it's not that.

Eve6MediaHQ said: anyone know the phone number to get in touch with the whereismyorder.com Sprint people? Can't seem to get the Live help link active.

Call 866-424-3943 (to speak to someone in India)

bopgun said: Eve6MediaHQ said: does anyone know if Tethering is even possible with an Apple computer (NOT INTEL) and the 700p?

Yes - it's possible, do a google search - there is a program for $25.

Is this the program you're talking about ($34)? Text

Newbie Here.

Does anyone know if there is a trial period? I want to test this out. Anybody know the cost if I decide not to continue the plan? Like I know I have to pay for the plan upfront, and then if I decide to not use it, what do I pay for? Do I pay for shipping the phone back, airtime I used, additional charges? Any help would be great! TIA!

Eve6MediaHQ said: Just called up... Apparently when activating my Treo700p they realized that the equipment was defective, so my order isn't going out until Monday. The kind Indian man at the call center upgraded me to express shipping since my order has been delayed. Nice guy.

Don't get your hopes up. It took me months to get my ppc 6700. The reps lie to you. It's still worth the trouble for such a great deal like sero though.

Yeah, the people in india were nice and all, but they sent me 3 700wx's before they finally sent me the 700p - and they promised to upgrade the shipping to overnight on all of the replacements, but that never happened. Real disconnect between india and there us warehouse. Worth the hassle in the end, for sure.

Arkayz said: iwearnosox said: Arkayz said: I put my order in a couple days ago, took a day for the order to go from "Your order has been sent to Sprint PCS for credit approval and account activation." to where it was going to be charged and shipped. However I checked today and my order had reverted back to credit approval and account activation again. I went into a chat with someone on the status page and they told me that I was already a member of Sprint (true, but I didn't think that was an issue?), she also said that the 500 and 1250 plans were not being accepted by Sprint as valid and that I could change the order to a "regular" plan, which I understood to be non-sero.

Actually I used a different email that I found. Didn't use the savings@sprint.com email for the referral. So I know it's not that.
I used savings@sprint.com. I got the 1250 plan with the LG Fusik. Someone in an earlier post said that someone at Howard Forums posted an announcement that Sprint is making the SERO plans avialable to the public until 12-18-06. Maybe its BS, but if I were a betting man I would bet that its legit.

Now about how long approval took. A couple hours ago I went into chat and told them I placed the order about 36 hours ago and asked if that is a normal wait period to get approval. She replied she's going to forward me to some priority handling deptment. I just check and have been approved by Sprint.

Guys please confirm this - The SERO plan is not good on family plans ( new and existing ), right ?

mnsweeps said: Guys please confirm this - The SERO plan is not good on family plans ( new and existing ), right ?Correct, this has been stated dozens of times across many forums

mnsweeps said: Guys please confirm this - The SERO plan is not good on family plans ( new and existing ), right ?I was all ready to yell at you, then I realized some genius took it out of the quicksummary.

mnsweeps said: Guys please confirm this - The SERO plan is not good on family plans ( new and existing ), right ?

The SERO plans are OK. But you can do better if you negoitiate. So if you want a family plan, you can just negoitiate a plan thats better and get the family options. When I talked to them, they gave me all the features of a SERO plan, but at a lower price and they threw in a free second line and free second phone. It does take some work though.

any1 knows how to setup internet to use on the laptop via USB cable???
Since there no limit usage data on EDVO.
this is for PPC6700 PDA sprint phone.

TIA ~!!!

nomorenow said: any1 knows how to setup internet to use on the laptop via USB cable???
Since there no limit usage data on EDVO.
this is for PPC6700 PDA sprint phone.

This shouldn't be discussed here. you are gonna have to (gasp) search the internet!

Does "web access" mean the same thing as Vision?

Refer myself?

I'm planning to buy 2 phones both under my name. After I buy the first one, can I refer to the number on the first phone for the second phone? so then I get two 25$?

Blakester said: I jumped on the deal this morning, opting for the Sanyo 8400 ($80 + tax) and the SERO 500 plan. Sprint approved the order in a couple of hours but when I called inphonics (866-424-3943) to inquire why there was no notation about porting my number (I already have Sprint but have been out of contract for years) the CSR told me that I couldn't do that on a website order and needed to call 800-300-7066 for a contract extension. He then canceled my existing order.

Now I'm wondering if I should just place another order hoping that my number actually ports over despite the comments from the original CSR? The SERO terms clearly state that current Sprint customers, not under contract, can retain the # from their earlier plan.

Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?

It sounds to me that the reason you had your new SERO account cancelled is because you attempted to port your existing number.

My question is, as a current Sprint customer NOT under contract, what is the best way to take advantage of this offer? Should I sign up for this new SERO deal, NOT asking to port a number, and then cancel my existing account as soon as the new one is confirmed?

I don't really care about keeping my current number. Yeah, it would be nice, but I would much rather have a better/cheaper deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone knows if I could sign up without the porting option for now and then port my number later? The reason for me to do this is that I'm not sure how good the Sprint reception in my area is and want to try out first. If all is well, I'll port; Otherwise I'll cancel it in 30 days, which, according to some, is allowed by Sprint.

Thanks for your input in advance.

wwml said: Anyone knows if I could sign up without the porting option for now and then port my number later? The reason for me to do this is that I'm not sure how good the Sprint reception in my area is and want to try out first. If all is well, I'll port; Otherwise I'll cancel it in 30 days, which, according to some, is allowed by Sprint.

See HERE, refer to point #22 in post #2.

puppyfriend said: mnsweeps said: Guys please confirm this - The SERO plan is not good on family plans ( new and existing ), right ?

The SERO plans are OK. But you can do better if you negoitiate. So if you want a family plan, you can just negoitiate a plan thats better and get the family options. When I talked to them, they gave me all the features of a SERO plan, but at a lower price and they threw in a free second line and free second phone. It does take some work though.

Thanks...see I have a good deal already..I have 1 main line plus 2 family lines for $55 including taxes and all other fees a month..Includes 500 free SMS on each line and 500 free anytime mins plus 7pm nights and weekends. I dont know if they can better.

wwml said: Anyone knows if I could sign up without the porting option for now and then port my number later? The reason for me to do this is that I'm not sure how good the Sprint reception in my area is and want to try out first. If all is well, I'll port; Otherwise I'll cancel it in 30 days, which, according to some, is allowed by Sprint.

Yes most definitely you can do this. In fact... it really makes no sense to even order a phone through SERO and fill out the porting agreement.

Sprint does NOT port numbers through the web. Even if you say on the order you want your number ported, they will still send you a phone with a temporary number.

Fool around with the temporary number for a week. See if you like the service. If you do, call Sprint and ask for the porting department. You can port your regular number in and replace the temp one.

Just make sure you decide in 14 days if you want to cancel or not because Sprint SERO orders through the website http://www.sprint.com/sero are done through a third party called Inponic. Their trial period is only 14 days (unlike the regular Sprint 30 day policy).

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 15 6 789385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014