Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 16 7 8910385
  • Page
  • Text Only
DjPiLL said: wwml said: Anyone knows if I could sign up without the porting option for now and then port my number later? The reason for me to do this is that I'm not sure how good the Sprint reception in my area is and want to try out first. If all is well, I'll port; Otherwise I'll cancel it in 30 days, which, according to some, is allowed by Sprint.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Yes most definitely you can do this. In fact... it really makes no sense to even order a phone through SERO and fill out the porting agreement.

Sprint does NOT port numbers through the web. Even if you say on the order you want your number ported, they will still send you a phone with a temporary number.

Fool around with the temporary number for a week. See if you like the service. If you do, call Sprint and ask for the porting department. You can port your regular number in and replace the temp one.

Just make sure you decide in 14 days if you want to cancel or not because Sprint SERO orders through the website http://www.sprint.com/sero are done through a third party called Inponic. Their trial period is only 14 days (unlike the regular Sprint 30 day policy).

Do you know what cost I will have to pay if I do not decide to go with Sprint? Like shipping the phone back, airtime, etc?

I clicked on the link and started to fill out the form. It only offered me 500 minutes at $30/mo. That is not enough for me.
Am I limited to that or is there a way to increase it?

Also, I need to access the web and use links through email. Is the PC6700 my best option for that?

Thanks in advance.

davidaexp1 said: I clicked on the link and started to fill out the form. It only offered me 500 minutes at $30/mo. That is not enough for me.
Am I limited to that or is there a way to increase it?

Click on "Plan" on the left side and you'll get a pop up window which will let you select from the 3 different available plans. 500, 1250, and 2500 minutes.

I wish they were offering the M610 with SERO,..

=(

Is it just me or is the PPC6700 off their site? I was just looking at it yesterday, but it's gone today. Temporarily OOS? If it's down for good, is there somewhere else one can get it and still qualify for rebates and activate on the SERO plan?

iwannadell said: Do you know what cost I will have to pay if I do not decide to go with Sprint? Like shipping the phone back, airtime, etc?

You will pay for prorated usage (including your prorated monthly service charge).

If the phone is not on the SERO website, its either out of stock or not available as part of SERO. The 6700 phone has been on and off the website for a while (I guess reflecting whether its currently in stock or not).

Has anyone been able to add free unlimited incoming calls or "sprint to home" to their sero plan and if so, for how much?

Eve6MediaHQ said:
I urge EVERYONE who placed an order yesterday intending on porting their phone number to go to the live help agent on whereismyorder.com and checking on the status of their order. I just spoke to a CSR and my order was not set to port my number ( I don't understand why, since i filled out the whole porting number form). In any case, it should be no problem to fix if you catch it in the processing phase.

I strongly encourage everyone to check with the CSR ASAP so you can make sure the port will go through and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I can confirm that InPhonic IGNORES the porting request you make online at the sprint.com/sero ordering page. Then they refuse to help resolve it.

be sure to make your complaints known to InPhonic. I will be writing to the CEO, so if anyone has a similar story please PM me. InPhonic needs to be made aware that they are ignoring customer porting requests and just sending out new numbers.

specialoffer@sprint.com works as well

Anyone who bought from InPhonic confirm this?
1. Have to enter SSN#
2. Pay $36 activation fee
3. Able to get $50 MIR for the Fusic (basically phone will be FAR)

Thanks!

1. Yes. They(Sprint) needs to run credit check.
2. You should also see a credit for $36 on your first bill.
3. Dunno.

userid said: Anyone who bought from InPhonic confirm this?
1. Have to enter SSN#

Thanks!

1. Yes
2. No (Technically, yes. But is charged & credited on first bill)
3. ???

I got hit with 2nd $36 activation fee when they ported my number

SUCKISSTAPLES said: I got hit with 2nd $36 activation fee when they ported my number

All bets are off when you go through porting hell.

userid said: Anyone who bought from InPhonic confirm this?
1. Have to enter SSN#

Thanks!

I think you can get the $150 rebate on Amazon. I know I was able to last summer when I signed up for a sero 2 year agreement.

Thank you all for the help!

colebert said: SUCKISSTAPLES said: I got hit with 2nd $36 activation fee when they ported my number

All bets are off when you go through porting hell.

When i did this deal a month or two ago, i didn't get any activation fee. I had a similar problem with them not porting my number from the web form, but I took care of it with InPhonic before the phone was shipped - what happened is that they actually put in my number that I wanted ported when programming the phone even though Sprint issued me a new number (had to reprogram my phone with Sprint CS). In the box with the phone was a paper that said to complete porting call up Sprint and follow these prompts and they will port the number for you. It was painless for me and I was never charged any activation fee.

I sure hope that is the way this porting deal pans out. I have been assigned a new phone number as well but no CS today or even a link for me to reach them. To top it off it is set to ship out tomorrow.

InPhonic's website states that if you exchange your new phone for a different model, they reserve the right to charge you $250 if you've used the first phone for more than 30 minutes before shipping it back. Has anyone been charged this fee when exchanging a phone?

Anyone knows if it's possible to exchange the phone to a different one after it's shipped? Is it possible to get the phone not available for the Sero plan via the store and stay on the plan? TIA

i was playing around in my account today, and finally stumbled across the terms of my Fair & Flexible deal. Still looks like I have the $5/50 instead of the $5/30 terms.

You can see for yourself by going:

My Invoices & Payments -> Invoices -> Charges by Line

...and scrolling down.

Sorry, I accidentally double posted and can't figure out how to delete this one.

I haven't been a cell phone subscriber in years, and need the advice of you cell phone plan experts!

I'm considering getting in on this SERO deal, but I don't need a fancy phone. Which of the low cost phones with this deal gives you the most for your money? Do all the low cost phones give you the same access to the Web and email? I wouldn't use Web and email features very often, but as long as that comes with the deal, it would be nice to have that option.

Also, if I order two phones and two plans, is there any advantage to ordering them separately (i.e., getting one first, and then getting some kind of referral bonus if I refer a second purchase)?

And if you're going to get two phones (one for me and one for my wife) is this still a better deal than most family plans? Is the only disadvantage to ordering two separate SERO lines vs. a family plan with two lines, that you can't share your minutes? That wouldn't be any big deal.

Thanks for your help!

I ordered my phone/service last Thursday and my Treo 700xw arrived this morning. The Sales Receipt indicated the Activation Date was 12/7 but, when I tried to dial from my phone, I received a message that my phone had not been activated. I had to call Sprint to activate my phone. Seems InPh0nic was a bit lazy before shipping out my phone, or is everyone having this experience?

Edit by Moderator: Because of the obvious potential abuses of our site, FatWallet does not permit messages to be posted by parties who gain a benefit from the message. If you would like to advertise on FatWallet.Com, please send an email to advertise@fatwallet.com.

studly said: I haven't been a cell phone subscriber in years, and need the advice of you cell phone plan experts!

I'm considering getting in on this SERO deal, but I don't need a fancy phone. Which of the low cost phones with this deal gives you the most for your money? Do all the low cost phones give you the same access to the Web and email? I wouldn't use Web and email features very often, but as long as that comes with the deal, it would be nice to have that option.

Also, if I order two phones and two plans, is there any advantage to ordering them separately (i.e., getting one first, and then getting some kind of referral bonus if I refer a second purchase)?

And if you're going to get two phones (one for me and one for my wife) is this still a better deal than most family plans? Is the only disadvantage to ordering two separate SERO lines vs. a family plan with two lines, that you can't share your minutes? That wouldn't be any big deal.

Thanks for your help!

Studly, I believe one of the best deals about this service is the free Internet service. As such, if you're not getting a phone with these capabilities, I don't know that this is a great deal for you since you haven't been using wireless anyways. A family plan usually allows you to add a second line for only $10 so I suspect you can do better on some other plans. The only benefit of placing two separate Sero plan orders that I can invision is if you are buyig phones that have rebates since you'll be getting separate sales receipts which might be required for the rebates. I'm no phone junkie, but nobody else has answered your question yet so I thought I'd try to help. Good luck!

harveyc said: I ordered my phone/service last Thursday and my Treo 700xw arrived this morning. The Sales Receipt indicated the Activation Date was 12/7 but, when I tried to dial from my phone, I received a message that my phone had not been activated. I had to call Sprint to activate my phone. Seems InPh0nic was a bit lazy before shipping out my phone, or is everyone having this experience?

Did they put you in the right SERO plan?
I ordered my Treo 700wx on Saturday. Should come soon. I'll let you know what happens.

I bought a phone directly from Sprint and agreed for a 2 year contract.
I got the SERO plan but NW starts at 9pm instead of 7pm.
CSRs are not able to change that without a $5/month charge.
Anyone have this problem?

Thanks!

g00ber said: harveyc said: I ordered my phone/service last Thursday and my Treo 700xw arrived this morning. The Sales Receipt indicated the Activation Date was 12/7 but, when I tried to dial from my phone, I received a message that my phone had not been activated. I had to call Sprint to activate my phone. Seems InPh0nic was a bit lazy before shipping out my phone, or is everyone having this experience?

Did they put you in the right SERO plan?
I ordered my Treo 700wx on Saturday. Should come soon. I'll let you know what happens.

My sales receipt shows the SERO 1250 plan and the Sprint CSR said I was on SERO, but I guess I should log onto my account online to make sure all is well.

my $25 debit card came today. sooner than expected! (2 weeks)

colebert said: my $25 debit card came today. sooner than expected! (2 weeks)

I am due 2 $25 but they still haven't come...it was since August! I rec'd the txt msg but when I called the CSR, they have no record of it...

all,
been using sero since august.
Here are some facts and tips.

Get it online whenever possible, unlesss there for some uknown reason you can not do it.

If you must get SERO by calling Sprint to place an order:
Regular customer service are useless, You need to call Employee Accounts Department directly at: 1-888-876-8381

Dont port your old number over until your account is setup and completely error free.(don't disconnect ur old phone either)
again call Employeee Accounts Department to Port your Sero account number. They will transfer you to the right department.

Also whenever they transfer you, Ask them to do a Warm Transfer. That way you don't have to repeat anything to them.

SERO plans can not be shared. Even if Sprint say you can. The fact is you can't, and it will mess up your bills and account.

Now lastly, Email E-care, send them a nice email and ask them if they can give you free text msging or early N&W min start at 6 or 7pm.

Eve6MediaHQ said: Ordered my 700p on Thursday, still hasn't been sent out and it is Monday. Other people who ordered on Thursday have the phone. CSRs claim the phone is in stock. Not sure what is happening.

I did a 700wx on Saturday and my status still shows my stuff was sent to Sprint for a credit check. Have near perfect credit and Equifax sent me an email Sunday stating I had an inquiry.

I want my phone

userid said: I bought a phone directly from Sprint and agreed for a 2 year contract.

Thanks!

Yes, I had the same problem. Call them back, and when they tell you it's $5 again, refuse and tell them you would like to cancel your service. You'll be transferred to retentions dept immediately. The people in retentions will then be more than willing to give you the N/W at 7:00 PM ... especially when you let them know that is what your contract said!

Sorry for a dumb question, what is sprint (pcs?) vision anyway? I've looked sprint.com->services & feature, is it same as sprint power vision, or is sprint tv free? Or what is included in this vision plan?

TIA.

Has anyone been able to get through to the #ref number and have it work lately?
I've been trying for 6 days with no luck.

I have read all threads on SD and FW. I am VERY confused to say the least. I have a couple of questions when I go to the sero website there is a nextel and a sprint offer. Which one is everyone signing up for, the only 30 plan I see is through nextel. Does Sprint have one also that is 30 and includes all the options that are listed there? It seems like nextel doesnt have as much to offer as the sprint deal. I am fresh off my cingular contract and want to get the best sero deal. I dont have alot to spend on phones... what kind is everyone else getting? Any help would be great! Thanks

The begging and or offering of referrals is against the rules.
Please do not post either.
Your post and your posting ability will be removed.

Does anyone know how to tether the treo 700wx except buying the $34 software?

Thanks!

SpendJustToSave said: userid said: I bought a phone directly from Sprint and agreed for a 2 year contract.

Thanks!

Yes, I had the same problem. Call them back, and when they tell you it's $5 again, refuse and tell them you would like to cancel your service. You'll be transferred to retentions dept immediately. The people in retentions will then be more than willing to give you the N/W at 7:00 PM ... especially when you let them know that is what your contract said!
My last attempt before blowing up on them seemed to work. Talked to a CSR and without any hesitation, she agreed it starts at 7pm. Go figure why the other CSRs were not able to say that, would have saved me a quite a few hours. She also stated that I will be given $5 off every month since I siged up for e-bill/payment. Lets see if that really happens but I am content even without that.

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 16 7 8910385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014