Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 17 8 91011385
  • Page
  • Text Only
kentoh said: Sorry for a dumb question, what is sprint (pcs?) vision anyway? I've looked sprint.com->services & feature, is it same as sprint power vision, or is sprint tv free? Or what is included in this vision plan?

TIA.
linky

userid said: SpendJustToSave said: userid said: I bought a phone directly from Sprint and agreed for a 2 year contract.
I got the SERO plan but NW starts at 9pm instead of 7pm.
CSRs are not able to change that without a $5/month charge.
Anyone have this problem?

Thanks!

Yes, I had the same problem. Call them back, and when they tell you it's $5 again, refuse and tell them you would like to cancel your service. You'll be transferred to retentions dept immediately. The people in retentions will then be more than willing to give you the N/W at 7:00 PM ... especially when you let them know that is what your contract said!
My last attempt before blowing up on them seemed to work. Talked to a CSR and without any hesitation, she agreed it starts at 7pm. Go figure why the other CSRs were not able to say that, would have saved me a quite a few hours. She also stated that I will be given $5 off every month since I siged up for e-bill/payment. Lets see if that really happens but I am content even without that.

Is $5/month for signing up for e-bill new? I know it was $5 off your next bill if you sign up but I have heard of other people saying $5/month as well.

ahoilman80 said: I have read all threads on SD and FW. I am VERY confused to say the least. I have a couple of questions when I go to the sero website there is a nextel and a sprint offer. Which one is everyone signing up for, the only 30 plan I see is through nextel. Does Sprint have one also that is 30 and includes all the options that are listed there? It seems like nextel doesnt have as much to offer as the sprint deal. I am fresh off my cingular contract and want to get the best sero deal. I dont have alot to spend on phones... what kind is everyone else getting? Any help would be great! ThanksI signed up with Sprint 500 (there are two more 1250 and 2500). Similar offers exist with Nextel as well. I got the Fusic (after much debate dropped the Samsung A900). A lot of people seem to get the Treo's. It all depends on what you need/want. The best thing about the plan is you get unlimited web service.

kenbo said: Is $5/month for signing up for e-bill new? I know it was $5 off your next bill if you sign up but I have heard of other people saying $5/month as well. I signed up e-bill long time ago. I repeated if it was $5 a month (as opposed to a one time) and she confirmed. I asked her to make a "bold" note of that on my account so that I would not run into any problem in the future.

userid said: kenbo said: Is $5/month for signing up for e-bill new? I know it was $5 off your next bill if you sign up but I have heard of other people saying $5/month as well. I signed up e-bill long time ago. I repeated if it was $5 a month (as opposed to a one time) and she confirmed. I asked her to make a "bold" note of that on my account so that I would not run into any problem in the future.

Well that stinks....this is the response I got from Sprint E-care...

"Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy to assist you regarding the $5 credit for the online billing.

There is a one-time credit of $5.00 offered on the account for the online billing, it is not a recurring credit. It takes one to two bill cycle to apply the credit of $5.00 to the account."

Interesting. I got the Treo700p on the SERO plan in late October - just received a $250 rebate. No idea why it's $250.

bopgun said: Interesting. I got the Treo700p on the SERO plan in late October - just received a $250 rebate. No idea why it's $250.Sweet. I hope I get the same.

I have a question about signing up with SERO. I've been a Sprint customer for years under their regular plan. My contract has long been over. I'm using a Treo650 and in the process of upgrading to a free PPC6700 at a Sprint Store (probably will take another month to work out the deal). My question is, once I recieve my PPC6700, will I be able to activate my SERO line onto my new PPC6700 and then cancel my Sprint line once everything is up and running? I'm a little concerned looking at the SERO website and not seeing any options to hook-up my own phone (I did notice that a member in a previous post got a BIG charge from InPhonic after they've found out that he didn't activate and use the purchased phone for 180 days or so). If that weren't the case, I'd go ahead and grab any free phone just to secure my SERO plan and then switch over to the PPC6700 next month. I'd appreciate any tips from members. Thanks.

There's a $150 Sprint Rebate at Amazon for all the phones. In the fine print, it says "Rebate total may not exceed the total price of the phone."

I'm thinking of getting the RAZR, but it would suck to only get $49.99 back.

Anyone have experience with getting the full amount back from Sprint?

$150 rebate

bopgun said: Interesting. I got the Treo700p on the SERO plan in late October - just received a $250 rebate. No idea why it's $250.

Did you send anything in for this? Or did they just send you $250 for no reason? Or did you submit the $150 rebate and get $250? Please elaborate...

iwearnosox said: bopgun said: Interesting. I got the Treo700p on the SERO plan in late October - just received a $250 rebate. No idea why it's $250.Sweet. I hope I get the same.Treo's have $250 instant discount listed on the sprint website. looks like you are in luck.

I'm an idiot and forgot to mail in my rebate from october! I think I'm just going to mail both the current timeframe's rebate and the one from my timeframe and see which one comes... Any suggestions as to which one I should send the original UPC with?

addylor said: Has anyone been able to get through to the #ref number and have it work lately?
I've been trying for 6 days with no luck.

Anyone?

In signing up on the sprint side there is only 2 offers as far as plans on is 59 and one is 79. However on the nextel side there are the 30 plans along with some other higher priced plans. Does this mean only nextel is offering the 30 dollar plan in my area? It does say once logged in on the nextel sight i can get the unlimited data, walkie talkie, n&w, and other perks listed. Has anyone signed on the nextel side or is everyone signing on the sprint side?

Yes InPhonic does not port numbers with the online form, they always get sent with a temp phone number and it has always been like that.

The best way to do it is use your phone for 14 days then decide if you like it and then port your number

mine took 2 hours.

Eve6MediaHQ said: bopgun said: Interesting. I got the Treo700p on the SERO plan in late October - just received a $250 rebate. No idea why it's $250.

Which rebate form did you send in?

I sent in the standard rebate form that was in use in late October - didn't say anything specifically for the Treo, just said "up to $150 off". I'd forward it along, but it expired on 11/04/04. Christmas came a little early this year for me - thank you Sprint-a Claus!

Gah no family plan. basically thats all I really want this phone for is to talk to my wife. I would hardly use any long distance, mostly in network to a phone my wife would have. I just don't think they will ever have a plan like that, unless I overpay for features and minutes I will never use.

pnuticus said: Askani said: I've been on SERO for about the past month. I previously had a grandfathered retention plan of 2500 anytime minutes, with unlimited vision and text shared between four lines for $100. Realized I didn't need all the minutes and after 10+ calls finally was switched over to a SERO plan. You don't need to port your number if you're a current Sprint customer you just need to call until you get someone to switch you over to a SERO plan. You can try to email Sprint eCare at ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com and tell them you wanted to switch to SERO in store but they couldn't do in store and advised you to contact eCare with this code "#C SEROF&FEVDO$30.00". You can't have a shared family plan with SERO. So if you currently have one and want to switch all the lines can be switched over to SERO plans all under one account. My four lines each have a SERO plan.

Has anyone else tried this method (with the code)? That's probably the way I will try to get SERO on my existing line. Thanks!

I am trying to get my buddy thats on Nextel switched over to the Nextel $30 SERO plan. Does anyone know the Nextel code for the $30 SERO plan? Its probably not the same code as the one above since it says EVDO in it and we all know Nextel has no EVDO option.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:
be sure to make your complaints known to InPhonic. I will be writing to the CEO, so if anyone has a similar story please PM me. InPhonic needs to be made aware that they are ignoring customer porting requests and just sending out new numbers.

I don't understand what the big deal is behind this?

Its actually a SPRINT policy that they do not port numbers over the Web. Yeah its kinda stupid they give you the option on the website, but I believe thats more so they can first CHECK to see if your number is eligable to be ported more than anything. If they ported a number over the web, they would have to deactivate your phone in order to activate it before they ship it out. Then you are without a working cellphone for two days. Makes no sense.

Just get the new phone with a temporary number, and when you call to activate it simply say you don't want to activate this number and you want to port over your existing number to the phone. Its so easy.

colebert said: my $25 debit card came today. sooner than expected! (2 weeks)

I got one yesterday as well. Very quick!

Did you have any issues trying to get through with #REF ?

Poiuyt0000 said: Gah no family plan. basically thats all I really want this phone for is to talk to my wife. I would hardly use any long distance, mostly in network to a phone my wife would have. I just don't think they will ever have a plan like that, unless I overpay for features and minutes I will never use.
It's the same or cheaper for us to get 2 single plans rather than a family plan. More minutes and more features on SERO.

triggerhappy007 said: Poiuyt0000 said: Gah no family plan. basically thats all I really want this phone for is to talk to my wife. I would hardly use any long distance, mostly in network to a phone my wife would have. I just don't think they will ever have a plan like that, unless I overpay for features and minutes I will never use.
It's the same or cheaper for us to get 2 single plans rather than a family plan. More minutes and more features on SERO.

I am definitely getting a better deal with two SERO accounts over my old shared plan. I had a shared T-Mo plan 2 lines, 1000 minutes for $69.99. I thought that was a good deal as right now the same plan only gives you 700 minutes with them.

But with two SERO plans, its like having a 1000 minute, $59.99 plan, with free unlimited internet on both phones, 7pm N/W, M2M, etc.

Sprint rocks!

Also.... for any Treo users (and maybe 6700 users but not sure)... call Sprint to update your PRL!

The latest PRL (20225) allows you to DATA ROAM on Verizon's network. Since we get free roaming with SERO, this is a HUGE deal! To find out what PRL you are running, tap START, then SETTINGS, then SYSTEM, ABOUT, PHONE, and the PRL is listed below when you scroll down.

Call *2 and tell them to "Flag your account to get the latest PRL". You may need to talk to Tech Support to do this since I tried twice with customer service and they couldn't set it up right. Had to be transferred to tech support and they did it no problem.

And I'll ask again, anyone have a bad experience exchanging a phone with InPhonic because they used it more than the allotted 30 minute trial period?

SpendJustToSave said: And I'll ask again, anyone have a bad experience exchanging a phone with InPhonic because they used it more than the allotted 30 minute trial period?I tried to once, but I wasn't quick enough. it took me 45 minutes to decide I wanted a different phone.
Sorry to jack the thread, but does anyone know of any place to get the 700p for cheap? My pa has the 650, and I feel so sorry for him and his slow internet connection. I think he'd like that better than the Wii I'm gonna give him for Christmas. He's already on sero & we are all under contract with less than 1yr old phones. argh.

Anyone knows if I can exchange the phone after it's been shipped to me? I have ordered Sanyo 8400 (due to its best reception) but want the Sanyo M1. Since M1 was not available on Sero site, would it be possible to come back to the local store and request the different phone while in grace period?

PrelateBishop said: Blakester said: I jumped on the deal this morning, opting for the Sanyo 8400 ($80 + tax) and the SERO 500 plan. Sprint approved the order in a couple of hours but when I called inphonics (866-424-3943) to inquire why there was no notation about porting my number (I already have Sprint but have been out of contract for years) the CSR told me that I couldn't do that on a website order and needed to call 800-300-7066 for a contract extension. He then canceled my existing order.

Now I'm wondering if I should just place another order hoping that my number actually ports over despite the comments from the original CSR? The SERO terms clearly state that current Sprint customers, not under contract, can retain the # from their earlier plan.

Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?

It sounds to me that the reason you had your new SERO account cancelled is because you attempted to port your existing number.

My question is, as a current Sprint customer NOT under contract, what is the best way to take advantage of this offer? Should I sign up for this new SERO deal, NOT asking to port a number, and then cancel my existing account as soon as the new one is confirmed?

I don't really care about keeping my current number. Yeah, it would be nice, but I would much rather have a better/cheaper deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to know this

Malyshka said: mrblueyzz said: CAN I USE MY PHONE TO TETHER?
A few phones can indeed tether undetected. Other phones such as the a900m can do the same with a simple hack. See post #3 on this thread to see how.

I am not finding the hack for the A900 (maybe time for some Zenni Optical glasses?). Can anyone point to how to tether an A900?
Thanks,

M

The post being referred to is post #3 on SD.

I'm having trouble with the link included on the SD thread:

Do not download Sprint's Connection Manager!

1. Download the modem driver package from http://www.samsungtelecom.com/drive...el=SPH-A900.zip

Any recommendation/direction on how to download the modem driver package (for the a900) referenced in the SD thread?

EDIT: For anyone else who might find it helpful, here's the complete URL: http://www.samsungtelecom.com/drivers/driver.asp?model=SPH-A900.zip

I signed up on the nextel side for the same reason. Phone selection doesn't seem as good but I really only need the 30 min plan

Signed up with Sprint (not nextel) for the $30 plan several minutes ago. Still works! thanks OP!

sleepybubba said: Anyone knows if I can exchange the phone after it's been shipped to me? I have ordered Sanyo 8400 (due to its best reception) but want the Sanyo M1. Since M1 was not available on Sero site, would it be possible to come back to the local store and request the different phone while in grace period?If only it had removable memory card! 1 gig is nice but will get eaten up very fast by a couple of movies and mp3s.

DjPiLL said: The latest PRL (20225) allows you to DATA ROAM on Verizon's network.

Dj, this is not 20225 specific. Previous PRLs could data roam as well Doesn't hurt to update it though!

Also, don't forget to grab your 10% discount for being a credit union member. Anybody can get this.

Nub #1: "which credit unions"
Me: any credit union.

Nub #2: "do they check"
Me: nope. They ask for the CU name, that's it.
Nub #2 again: "bu-bu-but what if they ask..."
Me: hang up, call back. The same rules that apply to any interraction with mindless CSRs.

Nub #3: "i'm terrible at the series of tubes you call 'the internet'. How do I find more info?
Me: Google result. Sorry, can't link to the SD thread which is full of useful info.

chocoruacal said: DjPiLL said: The latest PRL (20225) allows you to DATA ROAM on Verizon's network.

Dj, this is not 20225 specific. Previous PRLs could data roam as well Doesn't hurt to update it though!

Also, don't forget to grab your 10% discount for being a credit union member. Anybody can get this.

Nub #1: "which credit unions"
Me: any credit union.

Nub #2: "do they check"
Me: nope. They ask for the CU name, that's it.
Nub #2 again: "bu-bu-but what if they ask..."
Me: hang up, call back. The same rules that apply to any interraction with mindless CSRs.

Nub #3: "i'm terrible at the series of tubes you call 'the internet'. How do I find more info?
Me: Google result. Sorry, can't link to the SD thread which is full of useful info.

According to this thread... Verizon data roaming was enabled with 20225. I thought previous PRLs allowed you to data roam with other carriers (not Verizon).

So you get 10% off if you are a CU member? I belong to two separate CUs. My wife belongs to one. Does this really work for 10% off?

I wonder if I can stack this 10% CU off along with my wife's 17% corporate discount.

I called the number in the link for existing Sprint members. Asked for the Credit Union discount. Guy gave it to me after I gave him my Sprint information. He didn't even ask me what CU I belonged to. But I belong to two of them, so its no biggie. Hehehe.

Got a confirmation number too so the discount will definitely apply. Very nice. Thanks!

I believe you can do that. I ordered a samsung 640 on my upgrade program but later, asked them to ship me a RAZR instead. They will charge you for both the phones initially but later will refund you for the phone that you send back. And dont forget you usually have 30 days to try out their phones.
sleepybubba said: Anyone knows if I can exchange the phone after it's been shipped to me? I have ordered Sanyo 8400 (due to its best reception) but want the Sanyo M1. Since M1 was not available on Sero site, would it be possible to come back to the local store and request the different phone while in grace period?

DjPiLL said: I called the number in the link for existing Sprint members. Asked for the Credit Union discount. Guy gave it to me after I gave him my Sprint information. He didn't even ask me what CU I belonged to. But I belong to two of them, so its no biggie. Hehehe.

Got a confirmation number too so the discount will definitely apply. Very nice. Thanks!

Are you on a SERO plan?

dibu said: DjPiLL said: I called the number in the link for existing Sprint members. Asked for the Credit Union discount. Guy gave it to me after I gave him my Sprint information. He didn't even ask me what CU I belonged to. But I belong to two of them, so its no biggie. Hehehe.

Are you on a SERO plan?

Yes... $30 SERO plan.

If they check your plan, they won't give it to you..........just tried.
I've been calling for a week for various reasons. Out of the 40+ representatives I've spoke to, only 3 knew their job. The others I don't believe even knew the planet they were standing on.
Today with those odds, tried for the 10% off..........wouldn't you know, I found the 4th and last intelligent one...shot me down.

Malyshka said:
I think while you can tether with it, it will not be undetected. You will be charged for it. Only a few phones can tether undetected (700wx, 700 p, 6700, a900 and a920)

Where can I find information about how the tethering works. I'm very interested in the 700wx and want to know how to tether to my laptop undetected.

Thanks

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 17 8 91011385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014