Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1381382383 384 385
  • Page
  • Text Only
pkupstk said: tatkins said: another good deal here:

http://www.sprint.com/landings/advantage_club/?ECID=vanity:advan...

Wow! How can I get on THAT plan???!! OK, anyone who works for Sprint want to be my friend?

haha, that looks like a great deal! i'm in!

edit: I'm just worried that navigation is only included for the 99.99 plan...

I am on the SERO plan for $30. Is this as good. It is time for a phone upgrade and I would like the Palm Pre.

anyone want to transfer their plan to me? I am a college student. Could use $30 for the handy internet feature. Especially during this crazy job hunting market ;(

Has anyone had success using their existing SERO to upgrade phones to the Samsung Instinct HD? According the SERO FAQs, it isn't allowed:

I am considering an upgrade and understand SERO and Everything Plus Messaging rate plans aren't compatible with all devices. What devices aren't compatible with these plans?
The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre and Palm Pixi are not compatible with SERO or Everything Plus Messaging rate plans. If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans.

iammichael2 said: Has anyone had success using their existing SERO to upgrade phones to the Samsung Instinct HD? According the SERO FAQs, it isn't allowed:

I am considering an upgrade and understand SERO and Everything Plus Messaging rate plans aren't compatible with all devices. What devices aren't compatible with these plans?
The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre and Palm Pixi are not compatible with SERO or Everything Plus Messaging rate plans. If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans.

Looks like there is a glitch on the Sprint upgraded page , you can actually order and buy the INstinct HD but the word is when it gets delivered to your home, you will not be able to activate it. Sprint is in the process of upgrading their web, I haven't been able to log on there in 2 days so I'm uncertain if the glitch is now fixed.

Bottom line is Instinct HD is NOT allowed on SERO. But Touch Pro 2 IS!!!!

I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

no

PennySaved said: I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

Nope and probably will not ever be allowed. They are not allowing any WEBoS, Androids, Instincts, etc. (and probably not any new Win7 phone either). All the cool phones are not allowed on SERO.

Hemond said: PennySaved said: I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

Nope and probably will not ever be allowed. They are not allowing any WEBoS, Androids, Instincts, etc. (and probably not any new Win7 phone either). All the cool phones are not allowed on SERO.

While I agree with most of your reply, I feel compelled to point out that the Touch Pro 2 is absolutely awesome, and it is compatible with SERO. As the plan itself, they will have to pry this baby our of my cold dead hands!

Hemond said: PennySaved said: I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

While I agree with most of your reply, I feel compelled to point out that the Touch Pro 2 is absolutely awesome, and it is compatible with SERO. As the plan itself, they will have to pry this baby out of my cold, dead hands!

BargainActivist said: Hemond said: PennySaved said: I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

While I agree with most of your reply, I feel compelled to point out that the Touch Pro 2 is absolutely awesome, and it is compatible with SERO. As the plan itself, they will have to pry this baby our of my cold dead hands!

Right. But, $300 + tax with 2 years contract! No, thanks!

BargainActivist said: Hemond said: PennySaved said: I would like the palm pre with my SERO upgrade. Is this allowed yet?

I absolutely agree with you on the Touch Pro 2. In fact I am actively trying to get one off eBay and Craigslist. (price point seems to be ~ $300, maybe a little less). However my original premise still holds. The TP2 is a WinMo 6.5 phone. It is not Android, WebOs, or the unreleased WinMo7 based. However you can dual boot Android on it using a cooked ROM.

Also it is NOT commonly known just how good the TP2 is. "Joe Cellphone" has no idea what a TP2 is. Lets face it, most people only know iphone and Blackberry, thats pretty much the whole handset world to your average consumer. It takes a phone geek, or techie to know the TP2 exists, how good it is, and just what it is capable of.

They lowered the TP2 to $200!!!! I'm ordering mine as soon as my contract is able to be renewed as dont mind getting the $30 locked for another 2 years! My friend just got his last night so supposed to let me know how he likes it.

pkupstk said: They lowered the TP2 to $200!!!! I'm ordering mine as soon as my contract is able to be renewed as dont mind getting the $30 locked for another 2 years! My friend just got his last night so supposed to let me know how he likes it.

I am so glad I didn't win any auctions when this phone was at $300! Soon enough the secondary market will be forced to drop the price to reflect the new pricing reality. $200 smackeroos is much better than $300 plus.

I'd rather not reup my out of contract SERO just yet in case I want to (shudder) jump ship from SERO to get the EVO. That will require a new plan. REally hate the idea of even considering this but the EVO is so fine.

Hemond said:

I absolutely agree with you on the Touch Pro 2. In fact I am actively trying to get one off eBay and Craigslist. (price point seems to be ~ $300, maybe a little less). However my original premise still holds. The TP2 is a WinMo 6.5 phone. It is not Android, WebOs, or the unreleased WinMo7 based. However you can dual boot Android on it using a cooked ROM.

Also it is NOT commonly known just how good the TP2 is. "Joe Cellphone" has no idea what a TP2 is. Lets face it, most people only know iphone and Blackberry, thats pretty much the whole handset world to your average consumer. It takes a phone geek, or techie to know the TP2 exists, how good it is, and just what it is capable of.

I would of gotten the TP2 only if it had a significant hardware upgrade compared to the TP. Screen is bigger and very nice, but all the components are basically the same. This might make me also give up my sero for the evo.

Can anyone point me to the thread where if we upgrade to sero we get a certain perk like $30off for 2 years.

has anyone been able to add Premier to their SERO plan?

I applied for the $70 renewal offer and got the following reply. Does this email mean my $150 upgrade woudl be safe if I say yes?
------------
Thank you for contacting Sprint.

I understand your inquiry about the $70 renewal offer. I have reviewed
your account and found that you are eligible for this offer. If you
accept this offer, your account will be given a $70 credit and your
service agreement will be extended for 2 years. If you would like to
take advantage of this offer, please reply to this email stating such.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns. Visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey R.
Sprint

---------------------

Thanks in advance

It does not seem like it. I would wait until purchasing the new phone first and THEN accepting such offer.

Just my 2 cents....

I emailed them back asking the question just in case. Will post here what they replied.

The reply
Sprint rep said: The $70 service credit is offered in cases where agreement is renewed
without benefiting from the handset upgrade rebates. Both these
promotions (upgrade rebate and the renewal credit) cannot be clubbed
together since the savings on the phone require a new two-year Sprint
Subscriber Agreement. So, if the agreement is renewed for handset
upgrade rebate, the renewal credit can not applied on the account. I
appreciate your understanding in this regard.

You can only opt for the one offer.

If you have another question or need additional assistance, please reply
to this email.

Hemond said:

Can anyone point me to the thread where if we upgrade to sero we get a certain perk like $30off for 2 years.

+1

I posted this in the EVO thread but thought it might more relevant here --

Quick question-

I have SERO and am eligible for a phone upgrade. Does anyone know if I will have issues buying the new EVO phone and NOT activating it, but rather just selling it to pocket a couple hundred dollars? As long as I don't activate it my SERO plan won't be affected -- right? Phone is showing as $199 AR online for me...but part of the rebate requirements are one add-on from the following list:

-Simply Everything or Simply Everything Family plan
-Everything Data or Everything Data Family plan
-Business Essentials Messaging & Data
-PRO Pack Add-on
-BlackBerry Personal Pack, BlackBerry Web and Email plan, or BlackBerry Worldwide Add-on

Seems like the $100 rebate might get denied if I try this?

you can buy it at best buy and avoid the rebate if they let you buy it without activating it.

my 2 year SERO contract for $30 is about to end. so sad. seems from what i've read here that there is no way to keep it up anywhere near 30. just wanted to check what my best option is now. the $60 it looks like, or did i miss reading anything? thanks! this thread saved me so much $ the last 2 years. hope it can keep doing it!

real777 said: my 2 year SERO contract for $30 is about to end. so sad. seems from what i've read here that there is no way to keep it up anywhere near 30. just wanted to check what my best option is now. the $60 it looks like, or did i miss reading anything? thanks! this thread saved me so much $ the last 2 years. hope it can keep doing it!

It's my understanding that if your contract expires, you go on month to month so long as you don't make any substantial changes (such as trying to upgrade to a phone like the EVO that is not eligible for your SERO plan).

In other words, when your contract expires, do nothing and you're good.

awesome. thanks! wasn't expecting that! definitely will do nothing then. a better phone isn't worth losing the $30 deal!

Hey peeps, can anyone tell me if either the samsung ace or the samsung intrepid work with the $30 sero account... Thanks

intrepid works with sprint sero plan, not sure about the ace.

got my intrepid when renewing my sero plan last year.

Thanks, how about the palm pre?

The rule of thumb is:

As you look at the phones in the Sprint website, some will state "Plan info" or "About plans for this phone". Those are generally not available to SERO or other legacy plans, for they require one of the newer plans. Even if you manage to get one, it won't be activated under any old plan, regardless of how hard the CSR tries. That was my experience with the old Instinct.

You can resign another contract with them to get a new phone. I just resigned a 2 yr contract with them in May (contract ended in Mid June but they let me do it early) and was able to keep both my $30 SERO lines and got 2 new HTC Touch Pro2 phone. I dont mind resigning a 2 yr contract as $30 is too good NOT to lock into for another 2 yrs (or how ever long I can get it for after the 2 yrs)

lilslyk said: I posted this in the EVO thread but thought it might more relevant here --

Quick question-

I have SERO and am eligible for a phone upgrade. Does anyone know if I will have issues buying the new EVO phone and NOT activating it, but rather just selling it to pocket a couple hundred dollars? As long as I don't activate it my SERO plan won't be affected -- right? Phone is showing as $199 AR online for me...but part of the rebate requirements are one add-on from the following list:

-Simply Everything or Simply Everything Family plan
-Everything Data or Everything Data Family plan
-Business Essentials Messaging & Data
-PRO Pack Add-on
-BlackBerry Personal Pack, BlackBerry Web and Email plan, or BlackBerry Worldwide Add-on

Seems like the $100 rebate might get denied if I try this?

You wont be able to as when you order the phone, it will require you to select the upgraded plan on the internet or thru a rep so there's no way around it & you'll be risking loosing your plan. I had a situation where a rep "accidently" changed my plan and took me off the SERO but I was fortunate enough to get a rep that was knowledge enough to but my plan back to how it was 24 hrs before. I was so freaked as last time that happened to me where a rep changed my plan by accident, the system wouldnt let them input the old plan back into the system so I was screwed. (Not sprint though. It was Alltel)

tatkins said: another good deal here:

http://www.sprint.com/landings/advantage_club/?ECID=vanity:advan...

I was on one of these for years.. the price has steadily increased.

2005-2007 i was on nextel for ~$8/mo
2007-2009 i was on sprint for $12/mo then it went to $20

pain to upgrade phones through the employee but definitely worth it.

work pays for my iphone, otherwise i'd still have the plan, despite the phone selection.

Is now a good time to mention that it -appears- that the SERO plan is changing for the better?

It appears that in October, you will be able to pay an additional 10.00 and get:
  • Unlimited Any Mobile

• Unlimited Text Messaging

• Unlimited Sprint Navigation

• Free of the restriction on smart phones (some restrictions still apply)

The "Iconic Devices" that already have a 10.00 additional fee (HTC EVO, for example) appear to be obtainable if you pay the extra 10.00 + the Iconic Device 10.00 fee (sero + 20).

Found in the sprint users forum thread Rumor from a rep... but confirmed from A Sprint Vice President. Some people are still questioning it but after the validation by the Sprint VP it appears that there is some truth here.

Personally, the SERO 30.00 + 10.00 is a no brainer just for the any mobile + navigation. Throw in the phone (Palm Pre, perhaps?) and its a done deal. The 30.00 + 10.00 + 10.00 Iconic Device Fee for an HTC EVO seems a bit much but that is a very nice phone.

L0stman, that would be awesome if it were to happen. I've had my Palm Treo for over 30 months now and I need a phone upgrade badly. I was going to get the EVO but if this happens, I am willing to wait 8-10 weeks to get it for $50 instead of the full price plan. Thanks so much for posting this information!

Hi,
I am currently a Sprint customer. I have been on my Dad's plan since I got a cell phone, but soon will be needing a smart phone. All the plans are extremely expensive, but this SERO plan seems to be really good (Especially if in October they do change it so that you can have a smart phone) My question is: Is there any way for me to get on the SERO plan? I've heard you can get them off of eBay but haven't found any there.... Any thoughts?

I really don't want to pay more than $50 or $60 a month and would like unlimited data/text/mobile to mobile.

Thanks for the help/info!

I have a SERO $30 plan with a Touch Pro 2 that I want to unload. Anyone interested?

Yeah..U still have it?

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 1381382383 384 385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014