Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1 2 345385
  • Page
  • Text Only
coask

when I input my zip code, it comes out with $59.99/month. replace my zip code with one in CA, it turns into $30/month. Can just use the zip code in CA?

When you complete your order, it will use the zip code you inputted at the beginning as your billing and shipping zip code - it won't let you change this zip code once you begin the ordering process. Therefore, if you inpt a zip code that isn't your own, I would bet your phone will never make it to your house!

layerthinker said: coask

when I input my zip code, it comes out with $59.99/month. replace my zip code with one in CA, it turns into $30/month. Can just use the zip code in CA?

I have no complaints either. I have been with them for 6 years.
My current plan is

1000 anytime minutes
free unlimited power vision
unlimited text
free pic mail + $5 credit
free sprint to sprint

a little over $25/ month with tax

It says on a phone 299.99 or higher (Kellogg rebate). The receipt will say 288.00. The rebate doesnt say "phone valued at 299.99 or higher" -- good luck arguing that one.

**SPRINT + FEDS** beware **BE VERY AFRAID*** !!! BHAHAHAHAH (opps, my cover is blown)

Sprint and Verizon share their networks, so it may be tough to know who is actually dropping you.

I've had both and the service was the same except Verizon costs far more, especially when it comes to data services.

You may have recently noticed that Verizon no longer advertises they have the largest network and thats because Sprint does.

Sprint EVDO network (which I use a lot and get around 1Mb on average via my PPC-6700 cel phone) is available to more people/cities than Verizons. Sprint uses seperate voice and data trunks to their towers where Verizon shares both on the same trunk. Huge portions of Verizons towers are to unable ever offer EVDO without being replaced/upgraded, most if not all Sprint towers are capable of offering EVDO.

I see they have the Blackberry 8703e, and went into the details...along with CDMA, it supports GSM..

Could this be true?

Technical Specifications

* Application Platform - Java
* Platform / Operating System - RIM OS, PXA901 "Hermon" 312MHz Processor
* Network Compatibility - GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Data Download Speed - EV-DO (Up to 700 Kbps) Where Available, 1xRTT (Up to 130 Kbps) Nationwide
* Ringtone Types Supported - MIDI, MP3
* Built-In Memory - 64MB plus 16MB SRAM
* Dimensions - 4.3 in x 2.7 in x 0.8 in
* Weight - 4.7 oz

numatrix said: I see they have the Blackberry 8703e, and went into the details...along with CDMA, it supports GSM..

Could this be true?

Technical Specifications

* Application Platform - Java
* Platform / Operating System - RIM OS, PXA901 "Hermon" 312MHz Processor
* Network Compatibility - GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Data Download Speed - EV-DO (Up to 700 Kbps) Where Available, 1xRTT (Up to 130 Kbps) Nationwide
* Ringtone Types Supported - MIDI, MP3
* Built-In Memory - 64MB plus 16MB SRAM
* Dimensions - 4.3 in x 2.7 in x 0.8 in
* Weight - 4.7 oz



NOTE: To use Blackberry features such as internet/email (with push technology) you MUST sign up for the Blackberry plan (EXTRA $20/mo or $40/mo on top of the SERO plan)

Unless you can somehow get a CSR to set it up for you for free

Wow, nobody even wonders if this is a real offer or not?

Over in HowardForums, they're claiming that it probably is not. People have asked both Sprint and InPhonic about this "offer", and they both claim to have no knowledge of it. Tie that in with SERO audits being reported online...and there you go.

that is a good point with the extra charges. I have a PPC6700 from the sero plan already..but have been supporting some customers with BBs and found they are pretty friendly to use.

I wonder what is so different about the BB unlimited data pack verus power vision.

Floydian said: numatrix said: I see they have the Blackberry 8703e, and went into the details...along with CDMA, it supports GSM..

Could this be true?

Technical Specifications

* Application Platform - Java
* Platform / Operating System - RIM OS, PXA901 "Hermon" 312MHz Processor
* Network Compatibility - GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900
* Data Download Speed - EV-DO (Up to 700 Kbps) Where Available, 1xRTT (Up to 130 Kbps) Nationwide
* Ringtone Types Supported - MIDI, MP3
* Built-In Memory - 64MB plus 16MB SRAM
* Dimensions - 4.3 in x 2.7 in x 0.8 in
* Weight - 4.7 oz



NOTE: To use Blackberry features such as internet/email (with push technology) you MUST sign up for the Blackberry plan (EXTRA $20/mo or $40/mo on top of the SERO plan)

Unless you can somehow get a CSR to set it up for you for free

What are the chances of being switched over to SERO for existing customers? I know this can be done, but would like some tips...

question for those with sero plans currently; is there anyway to add a text messaging option?

paazel said: question for those with sero plans currently; is there anyway to add a text messaging option?

You have the option to add text otherwise its $0.15 each text.

300 - $5.00
500 - $10.00

It doesn't say but isn't the 700wx touch screen?

My advice to people switching any phone carrier is:

First check the carriers website to see their coverage map first look for the strong/average/and no coverage.

and most importantly

2nd - Most states/carriers have a trial period that ranges from 14-30 days.

Sign up with 2 or 3 different carriers and choose the one that works the best for your area at home and at work. (obviously you need to cancel the ones you don't choose, but it's worth it for your piece of mind alone)


Best of Luck to All !!!

Craig said: I had several lines on Sero for a few weeks at my offices in MD and HI, and like you, the service/coverage was awful. I wouldn't use it if it was free. I pay more for my Cingular and Verizon lines but at least they work 99% of the time

ColoradoGiant said: I am on the Sero Plan... I am counting the days until my contract expires.

Even with these awesome awesome plans, its not worth it if you can't use it. I was disconnected on an emergency call with 4 bars of service for crying out loud! Been through 2 phones... its not the phone - its the network (at least in northern colorado)

I've formally owned Cingular and Tmobile - I'd give both of them about an 8.5/10. Sprint gets a 4/10. 20% of my calls drop - unacceptable.

I know this is only one mans opinion and it was not my intention to thread crap... your mileage may vary (especially in other parts of the country), etc, etc, etc - but I felt I needed to throw it out there - just do some research on howardforums, cellreception.com and other websites that discuss cellular coverage by area before signing up for any carrier - I wish I did. 2 years is a long time if your unhappy

Good Luck!


Agreed...Sprint is the worst plan I ever had. I'm in MD

As many have already said, it ALL depends on your location. Verizon has the best overall coverage, but is also the most expensive. Sprint happens to be pretty good in Austin (at least in the areas I frequent), from my month or so of experience, so I'm definitely happy. My current plan:

500 anytime
Unlimited after 7pm (CSR activated... )
Unlimited Sprint to Sprint
Unlimited Power Vision
ebilling $5 credit (regular plan is $30 a month)

$25/month (about $30 w/ tax)

gamebeaross said: Sprint and Verizon share their networks, so it may be tough to know who is actually dropping you.

I've had both and the service was the same except Verizon costs far more, especially when it comes to data services.

You may have recently noticed that Verizon no longer advertises they have the largest network and thats because Sprint does.

Sprint EVDO network (which I use a lot and get around 1Mb on average via my PPC-6700 cel phone) is available to more people/cities than Verizons. Sprint uses seperate voice and data trunks to their towers where Verizon shares both on the same trunk. Huge portions of Verizons towers are to unable ever offer EVDO without being replaced/upgraded, most if not all Sprint towers are capable of offering EVDO.



Verizon actually in the past couple of years has STOPPED using Sprints network in certain areas, hence what I think is a decline in the coverage which Verizon now offers. (SF Bay Area)

Hey I would to know what your usual SERO Sprint bill is after taxes and fees. I have cingular and they charge up the but in taxes & fees. It's enough to make my 19% military discount almost worthless. I'm in California. Thanks.

Any body know if existing customers can switch to SERO plans... I have 2 lins family plan now with
550 mins for $59+ taxes - 15% discount

Can I get a better family plan with SERO?

jmswng said: Hey I would to know what your usual SERO Sprint bill is after taxes and fees. I have cingular and they charge up the but in taxes & fees. It's enough to make my 19% military discount almost worthless. I'm in California. Thanks.

my $30 plan ends up being 35.94 after taxes. Arkansas.

Sprint is quite bad with CS. I couldn't wait to change the network when my contract expired. Beware! Sprint cheats on the # of years of contract.

chillies said: Any body know if existing customers can switch to SERO plans... I have 2 lins family plan now with
550 mins for $59+ taxes - 15% discount

Can I get a better family plan with SERO?


same here...my bill for 1 plus 2 family lines come to $55 including tax for 500 anytime mins, 500 text messages each month..

mnsweeps said: chillies said: Any body know if existing customers can switch to SERO plans... I have 2 lins family plan now with
550 mins for $59+ taxes - 15% discount

Can I get a better family plan with SERO?


same here...my bill for 1 plus 2 family lines come to $55 including tax for 500 anytime mins, 500 text messages each month..


I'm pretty sure SERO only offers single line plans, but I think in a few of these SERO threads some random people described their multiline plans (most were pretty good). I would read through the sero thread in HD (the one in DD for the 6700 is too long, though )

If I'm currently a little over a year into my current Sprint plan, can I sign a new contract and switch to this one without buying a new phone? I already like the phone I have and paid $99 for it or so, and would rather not buy another one if I don't have to.

I signed up on the Sero plan l year ago and I love it. What I don't love is the collections letter I got last week demanding $250! Apparently, InPhonic sent me to collections for not using the phone I ordered off the Sero website for the required 180 days! I am still using that same phone and it was never deactivated the entire 360 days!! Has this happened to anyone else?

I contacted the office of the President at InPhonic, what a joke that was...nothing but emails asking me for information which I gave to them...where did that lead? NOWHERE!

"Thank your for your reply. For your records your order number is xxxxxxx. Please contact SKO Brenner at 1-800-557-2115 regarding your claim. If you would like to dispute your charge you may contact them in writing at the address provided on the letter you received. Please reference account number 4xxxxx."

Thank you,
LWashington
Office of the President

I had already called the low life SKO collections before and told them as much but I guess this person is nothing but a drone!

dealinmydays said: Sprint is quite bad with CS. I couldn't wait to change the network when my contract expired. Beware! Sprint cheats on the # of years of contract.


Trust me man, NO carrier is perfect...

Looks like its a good deal, however, I'm like many of you, sick of Sprint. My bill has been wrong every single month. Something different every single time. Last month I was charged for roaming and I'm on a national plan. I'm starting to think they just randomly charge you to see of they get lucky and you just pay it. Many people never look over their bill. Anyway, they will extend your contract 2 years if you switch. No thanks!! I'm going to Sprint away!!!

dealwatcher2003 said: ColoradoGiant said: I am on the Sero Plan... I am counting the days until my contract expires.

Even with these awesome awesome plans, its not worth it if you can't use it. I was disconnected on an emergency call with 4 bars of service for crying out loud! Been through 2 phones... its not the phone - its the network (at least in northern colorado)

I've formally owned Cingular and Tmobile - I'd give both of them about an 8.5/10. Sprint gets a 4/10. 20% of my calls drop - unacceptable.

I know this is only one mans opinion and it was not my intention to thread crap... your mileage may vary (especially in other parts of the country), etc, etc, etc - but I felt I needed to throw it out there - just do some research on howardforums, cellreception.com and other websites that discuss cellular coverage by area before signing up for any carrier - I wish I did. 2 years is a long time if your unhappy

Good Luck!


Amen to that!!!!It's not a one man opinion,our whole office of 30 people nod heads to your statement,unfortunately we are on a corporate plan with sprint and cannot switch


I am interested in the plan. Can you tell us which general area you guys are in? Thanks.

dealwatcher2003 said: ColoradoGiant said: I am on the Sero Plan... I am counting the days until my contract expires.

Even with these awesome awesome plans, its not worth it if you can't use it. I was disconnected on an emergency call with 4 bars of service for crying out loud! Been through 2 phones... its not the phone - its the network (at least in northern colorado)

I've formally owned Cingular and Tmobile - I'd give both of them about an 8.5/10. Sprint gets a 4/10. 20% of my calls drop - unacceptable.

I know this is only one mans opinion and it was not my intention to thread crap... your mileage may vary (especially in other parts of the country), etc, etc, etc - but I felt I needed to throw it out there - just do some research on howardforums, cellreception.com and other websites that discuss cellular coverage by area before signing up for any carrier - I wish I did. 2 years is a long time if your unhappy

Good Luck!


Amen to that!!!!It's not a one man opinion,our whole office of 30 people nod heads to your statement,unfortunately we are on a corporate plan with sprint and cannot switch

Well then, I guess there is only 1 thing left to do...


Find a new career.

To those who asked about switching their current plans to SERO, this is what happened to me. I called to cancel and when I was asked why, I told them I was getting a SERO plan. The CSR offered to switch me and match the online prices for a new phone.

ColoradoGiant said: I am on the Sero Plan... I am counting the days until my contract expires.

Even with these awesome awesome plans, its not worth it if you can't use it. I was disconnected on an emergency call with 4 bars of service for crying out loud! Been through 2 phones... its not the phone - its the network (at least in northern colorado)

I've formally owned Cingular and Tmobile - I'd give both of them about an 8.5/10. Sprint gets a 4/10. 20% of my calls drop - unacceptable.

I know this is only one mans opinion and it was not my intention to thread crap... your mileage may vary (especially in other parts of the country), etc, etc, etc - but I felt I needed to throw it out there - just do some research on howardforums, cellreception.com and other websites that discuss cellular coverage by area before signing up for any carrier - I wish I did. 2 years is a long time if your unhappy

Good Luck!


Change your settings to "Roaming ONLY". The bars will be constant then...

can u hook the treo 700wx to a lappy and surf the web for free with sprint vision?

You can sign up using a Nevada billing address and electronic invoice to save on tax.

The forums at sprintusers.com have a lot of good info on Sprint tips/tricks to get the most for your money at Sprint.

ColoradoGiant said: I am on the Sero Plan... I am counting the days until my contract expires.

Even with these awesome awesome plans, its not worth it if you can't use it. I was disconnected on an emergency call with 4 bars of service for crying out loud! Been through 2 phones... its not the phone - its the network (at least in northern colorado)

I've formally owned Cingular and Tmobile - I'd give both of them about an 8.5/10. Sprint gets a 4/10. 20% of my calls drop - unacceptable.

I know this is only one mans opinion and it was not my intention to thread crap... your mileage may vary (especially in other parts of the country), etc, etc, etc - but I felt I needed to throw it out there - just do some research on howardforums, cellreception.com and other websites that discuss cellular coverage by area before signing up for any carrier - I wish I did. 2 years is a long time if your unhappy

Good Luck!


Well, the two areas I've spent time in (northern california, western NC) I've NEVER met a single person who has at some time had both (verizon/cingular) and Sprint who has said anything good about Sprint. It's always (literally) a unanimous look of anger and/or disgust once the word "Sprint" is said.

Comments like "I was so stupid to try Sprint" "Oh my god, I'm so happy to be done with Sprint and have a different provider now" "Sprint SUCKS" "I can't wait to be done with this contract so I can sign up with XXXXXX" "Oh God why did I have to sign up for two years" were all I ever heard.

But hey, maybe someone here lives right under a Sprint tower and never leaves the house. Or lives in an area with good Sprint coverage, and never goes on a trip. I'm sure some people are perfectly happy with Sprint, or live in areas with good Sprint coverage if such a thing exists.

W

MobilePro said: go to www.sprint.com/sero

The girl in the middle with the green shirt looks like she's trying to smile and squeeze one out at the same time.

W

captains said: can u hook the treo 700wx to a lappy and surf the web for free with sprint vision?

That's now a $40 additional charge.

captains said: can u hook the treo 700wx to a lappy and surf the web for free with sprint vision?
Yes, if you install some software (pdanet).

$250 rebate for TREOs???????
for new or existing customers??????

Text

ThornnSpear said: captains said: can u hook the treo 700wx to a lappy and surf the web for free with sprint vision?

That's now a $40 additional charge.


Where are you getting a $40.00 additional charge? I have a 700wx with vision without a $40 charge and connecting via the Sprint mobile laptop software (you get this via a download, the instructions are on the CD with the 700wx).. Basically, if you have the vision plan you have the cell modem access. The Vision plan comes with the SERO for free. You are all set..

  • Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

  • 1 2 345385
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014