Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 123 4 5385
  • Page
  • Text Only
shoppinggirl said: I signed up early this morning, but the status is still "processing". And I haven't got any confirmation email after the email for the receipt. Has anyone got it all through?

Be patient, InPhonic activates the phone first with Sprint, could take 2-4 days before it ships out, they will e-mail you again when there is an update. You can keep checking back with your order number, and there is a live chat feature too at the order status website, whereismyorder.com

FYI, most phones ship FedEx Ground which takes 2-3 days in transit. Takes approximately one week from the time you place the order til you get your phone, at least that was related to me by someone who ordered from them.

InPhonic will provide you your new cell phone number in the order shipment e-mail, along with package tracking info.

If your phone is activated and you don't get it for 4-5 days after, call Sprint and they will issue you a credit for the days your phone was active but you didn't have it.

InPhonic was VERY quick with both my Treo orders. I placed an order on Sunday night. The phone shipped out Monday afternoon. I got the phone on Wednesday.

Sanyo M1 is not available with Sero. What a load of cr@p.

QUICKAVE said: $250 rebate for TREOs???????
for new or existing customers??????

Text

I don't see the clarification on this. The rebate form says "Save up to $150 instantly" and lists the Treo 700xw, but I don't see this discount when trying to place the order. Where do you get the $150 savings? I am signing up for a $49.99 1250 minute plan, btw.

I am not sure if the rebate is good for the SERO plan.

They say save $150 instantly because the phone was $699.... then you get a $100 mail in rebate that drops the total price of the phone down to $399. This was the old price for the phone. Now the phone is $299 after rebate because the instant savings is now $250 instead of $150.

SERO is different, as they give you the low price after rebate without the rebate hassles. Don't get me wrong, ill still try to submit the rebate. But I won't be upset if it gets denied.

Thanks for the quick response on the rebate question!

One final question...I have tried finding this on the sprintusers forums, but haven't seen it covered yet. I'd like to port a number after my trial period (or when I'm satisfied with the service). Can that be done at that time? Is there a charge for porting? My old Cingular plan expires in a week or two....service is pretty crappy.

Malyshka said: EFFECTIVE JUNE 18, 2006, Sprint customers will be allotted 30 days to return equipment, accessory and software accessory purchases to qualify for a refund as well as 30 days to cancel Sprint service without penalty waived Sprint Early Termination Fee (ETF) and qualify for a credit of the activation fee (when applicable). inPhonics only has a 14-day return!!!!!!
Just to clarify, this is an inPhonics deal, so this deal is under the 14-day return, correct?

Does that 14 days include shipping time to return back to them? What I'm wondering is, if inPhonics takes about 7 days to get me the phone (which I've read is about standard), and it takes 3 days for me to send it back to them, does that mean I only have 4 days to try out the service before making the decision to return? If I return, am I responsible for activation fee, 1st month, anything else?

Morty said: Does that 14 days include shipping time to return back to them? What I'm wondering is, if inPhonics takes about 7 days to get me the phone (which I've read is about standard), and it takes 3 days for me to send it back to them, does that mean I only have 4 days to try out the service before making the decision to return? If I return, am I responsible for activation fee, 1st month, anything else?

Better check with InPhonic. I think they said the 14 days starts when you ORDER the phone... although you could argue that if it takes them a while to get the phone to you.

I believe once you cancel... you can cancel on the 14th day and thats fine (even if it takes them a few days to send a return kit to you).

Just pay the two hundo and move on then... not worth it in the long run, if you're unhappy.

I have it in Atlanta and it's fine. I realize it's a bigger city, but just an FYI.

Also, for every dropped call you have, Sprint will credit you 10 or 15 cents. Yes, you have to call, but they will still do it.

I ordered the 700xw and a 1250 minute plan ($49.99) about an hour ago and my service has reportedly already been activated and my phone is in the shipping status. Pretty fast.

There was one delay that required me to call. I had entered in my address (same for billing and shipping) and then I noticed a box to enter a zip code if I'll primarily be using the service in another area. I did enter the zip where I work in that box and the blasted outfit changed my shipping city to that zip. I didn't notice this until I receive the order confirmation. The fellow in India got it corrected, but my city/zip still shows up wrong on the receipt. I wonder if I was able to get the Kellogg rebate if that would be a problem.

The guy in India did tell me the 15 days starts when the service is activated. Hopefully, I'll have the phone tomorrow, but I suspect it won't be until Monday, eating up 4 days.

I've had the SERO plan for almost a year and can't get anyone to give me 7pm. I tried the method of saying that an employee at a Sprint store told me to call and tell them the code is in one of the drop-down menus. Of course no one can find it and the last guy told me to get the code and call back. Does anyone know the code in Sprint's system for it so I can call back and give to them? TIA.

cstu11 said: I've had the SERO plan for almost a year and can't get anyone to give me 7pm. I tried the method of saying that an employee at a Sprint store told me to call and tell them the code is in one of the drop-down menus. Of course no one can find it and the last guy told me to get the code and call back. Does anyone know the code in Sprint's system for it so I can call back and give to them? TIA.

You should find it easier to e-mail them and ask for the 7pm. I e-mailed them and they just gave me 500 txt msg every month! Although some people hate Sprint, I think I am ok with them. When they drop my call, I just call to report it to them hoping they will fix it and get $0.5 each time! Gotta love that!

Btw, my bill for 3 SERO line is $66 per month compared to what I used to pay at Cingular $85 without all these great features!

On a side note, does anyone know how to install the GPS onto the ppc 6700?

I am confused about Power Vision and can't seem to find a straight answer on any of the forums mentioned in this thread. I understand that PV is free with SERO, but is that EVDO? I plan on getting a PPC-6700 and want to know if I will be paying anything beyond the $30 plan if I want unlimited Internet and e-mail capabilities.

Just wondering whether the SERO phones pre-activated by the seller or I need to activate it myself.
I checked the porting number option when place the order. But the CS said she can't find my number transfer request in my order.

storl said: I am confused about Power Vision and can't seem to find a straight answer on any of the forums mentioned in this thread. I understand that PV is free with SERO, but is that EVDO? I plan on getting a PPC-6700 and want to know if I will be paying anything beyond the $30 plan if I want unlimited Internet and e-mail capabilities.

The included Power Vision access will give you access to the EVDO data network when you are in an EVDO service area, and the older (slower) Vision data network when not in an EVDO service area. The plan includes unlimited access through the phone. Using the phone to access the Vision data service via a computer is a violation of the TOS, though it is possible with the PPC-6700.

As far as service and network availability concerns...Verizon is the best, Not a single dropped call in 3 years..i am a living evidence...The customer service is not all that great, neither is the selection of phones or cost effectiveness but the network, you can always always always rely on that. Sprint is by far the worst service I have ever seen...my friends were living legends!
bleh, ticks me off when i'm sitting in a restaurant across the street from our verizon store and i can't get a signal to call somebody. i can see the bloody store through the window. bonus: guy sitting at the bar chatting away on his mobile. only 8 more months to go...

wsnodgrass said: storl said: I am confused about Power Vision and can't seem to find a straight answer on any of the forums mentioned in this thread. I understand that PV is free with SERO, but is that EVDO? I plan on getting a PPC-6700 and want to know if I will be paying anything beyond the $30 plan if I want unlimited Internet and e-mail capabilities.

The included Power Vision access will give you access to the EVDO data network when you are in an EVDO service area, and the older (slower) Vision data network when not in an EVDO service area. The plan includes unlimited access through the phone. Using the phone to access the Vision data service via a computer is a violation of the TOS, though it is possible with the PPC-6700.

Thanks for the information, that helps a lot. I am in an Atlanta, which is well covered by EVDO. I do not plan on using this tethered with a computer, since my data usage at home would definitely raise some flags and I would rather use the PPC on the road. TomTom on my phone, here I come!

CAN I USE MY PHONE TO TETHER?
A few phones can indeed tether undetected. Other phones such as the a900m can do the same with a simple hack. See post #3 on this thread to see how.

I am not finding the hack for the A900 (maybe time for some Zenni Optical glasses?). Can anyone point to how to tether an A900?
Thanks,

M

I really wish I got Sprint service inside my office building, which is in a major city. I get full signal once I leave the parking lot, but inside and in the parking lot is like a black hole for Sprint. Co-workers get full strength with Verizon here, so I will probably switch to them when my contract runs out. My current phone is a Sanyo RL-4930, which according to HF is supposed to be one of Sprint's strongest reception phones. Regardless, OP's deal is still pretty good if Sprint works well in your area.

mrblueyzz said: CAN I USE MY PHONE TO TETHER?
A few phones can indeed tether undetected. Other phones such as the a900m can do the same with a simple hack. See post #3 on this thread to see how.

I am not finding the hack for the A900 (maybe time for some Zenni Optical glasses?). Can anyone point to how to tether an A900?
Thanks,

M

The post being referred to is post #3 on SD.

Eve6MediaHQ said: I've been processing for 3 hours now. I guess mine won't be sent out today.

Anyway, I'm wondering where these phones ship from?

For the northeast and mid-atlantic, ship from just outside of Baltimore, MD. Not sure about other areas of the country.

sleepybubba said: Sanyo M1 is not available with Sero. What a load of cr@p.

Where did you see or hear that? Did you try ordering through tele-sales?

Eve6MediaHQ said: does anyone know if Tethering is even possible with an Apple computer (NOT INTEL) and the 700p?

Yes - it's possible, do a google search - there is a program for $25.

Eve6MediaHQ said: so I paid $325 after taxes for the Treo700P

Will I be able to get the $75 Kellogs rebate and the $150 rebate?

No, unless you try...

BMRisko said: I really wish I got Sprint service inside my office building, which is in a major city. I get full signal once I leave the parking lot, but inside and in the parking lot is like a black hole for Sprint. Co-workers get full strength with Verizon here, so I will probably switch to them when my contract runs out. My current phone is a Sanyo RL-4930, which according to HF is supposed to be one of Sprint's strongest reception phones. Regardless, OP's deal is still pretty good if Sprint works well in your area.

The SERO plan allows you to roam on other networks for free (but typically no Vision data services when doing so.) You just don't want to use more roaming minutes than non-roaming minutes in a given month.

Sprint offers $25 VISA gift cards for referring a "friend" to join Sprint. Log-in to your Sprint account for more info.

SERO plans simply can't touch many of our retention plans:

1500 min Fair/Flex shared on 2 lines (both mine), 6pm N&W, unlimited N&W, unlimited pcs/pcs, unlimited domestic roaming
1000 txt
unlim power vision
$70-20% loyalty discount
~$66 after taxes.

been w/ them for 7+ yrs as well, i usually get the phones at prices of new customers, if not lower. not gloating, just saying if you call retention enough times, they will do what you want. USUALLY.

i already have a fmaily plan w/ 4 phones..

can i call up sprint and change to sero???

or do I have to do it online?

2 of the phones have no contract....

can i cancel 1 phone... and readdit as new plan using sero?

dang this is better than the previous SERO because of the 7pm nights/weekends

What about this rebate?? Cant we get this AND the $150.00???

REbate

Yes those rebates can be combined, but only on the PPC6700 (is that the correct model number?). You can also combine with a third rebate on that phone - it's a $75 MIR currently inside NASCAR-themed Kelloggs cereal boxes! The $75 MIR can be used on the TREO also.

lostinla said: What about this rebate?? Cant we get this AND the $150.00???

REbate

tempted to open another unnecessary phone line.
Already have one with Verizon & Cingular. Unlimited text on verizon, 10mb internet and Canada LD and Roaming free on cingular but no unlimited internet on both.

dork said: Sprint offers $25 VISA gift cards for referring a "friend" to join Sprint. The friend being referred gets $25 and so does the current customer who referred them. PM me if you want to be my "friend" and get $25 for me and you!

quit spamming.

I almost didn't make that post because I wasn't 100% clear on the rules regarding links like that. This is an honest question, I am not trying to be sarcastic...but is it really considered spamming, and against the rules when the offer benefits both me and the FW community?

Lucky said: quit spamming.

tonyinnyc said: SERO plans simply can't touch many of our retention plans:

1500 min Fair/Flex shared on 2 lines (both mine), 6pm N&W, unlimited N&W, unlimited pcs/pcs, unlimited domestic roaming
1000 txt
unlim power vision
$70-20% loyalty discount
~$66 after taxes.

been w/ them for 7+ yrs as well, i usually get the phones at prices of new customers, if not lower. not gloating, just saying if you call retention enough times, they will do what you want. USUALLY.

True, but the rest of us haven't had to deal with 7 years of crappy service either.

2 years is a big commitment..

It took about 36 hours for my order status to change from processing your order...then it took about 24 hours of preparing for shipment status after my order was approved by Sprint before it finally shipped.

Eve6MediaHQ said: 8 hours and still processing on my Treo 700p order. Should I be worried that I didn't get to the next step in the process?

I wouldn't expect orders to ship as quickly as prior people have experienced. Their volume has probably doubled since SERO was made available to everyone.

I would be patient. If you see nothing, call InPhonic directly.

Also, you can use the Live Help chat function at the whereismyorder.com site. You will only see a link for it on the "Order Status" when there is an operator available during their business hours. It will be a graphic that you click on that says "Live Help. Click to chat with an agent." Just keep refreshing the page during InPhonic's business hours until the link appears.

DjPiLL said: I wouldn't expect orders to ship as quickly as prior people have experienced. Their volume has probably doubled since SERO was made available to everyone.

I would be patient. If you see nothing, call InPhonic directly.

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 123 4 5385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.