Sprint SERO Plan NOW for EVERYONE!!!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 14 5 678385
  • Page
  • Text Only
SpendJustToSave said: I almost didn't make that post because I wasn't 100% clear on the rules regarding links like that. This is an honest question, I am not trying to be sarcastic...but is it really considered spamming, and against the rules when the offer benefits both me and the FW community?

Lucky said: SpendJustToSave said: Sprint offers $25 VISA gift cards for referring a "friend" to join Sprint. The friend being referred gets $25 and so does the current customer who referred them. PM me if you want to be my "friend" and get $25 for me and you!

quit spamming.

Yes, and that's why I edited you out of the wiki on this post.

FYI - My Sero 1250 minute plan and Treo 700xw was ordered at 10:38AM (Paciifc) today. The order went to the "Shipping" status at 11:48AM and to the "Shipped" status with FedEx tracking number at 2:59PM. Faster than I had expected. It's schedule to arrive on Monday (FedEx doesn't show where it's coming from, btw).

There had been a dumb error in my shipping address so I had to call support to get that corrected. While I had him on the phone, I asked him about when the 15 day trial period starts. He said the phone is activated before they ship it and that's when the 15 days starts. He said sometimes the phone doesn't ship until the following day.

Edit: My FedEx tracking information now says it's shipping to my in CA from MD.

Thanks Tony!!!

I just signed up with Nextel as I'm moving & the reception is solid in the area. Bye bye $ingularrrrr

My g/f & I wanted to get a family shared plan, she was paying 300 minutes for $60!!!

I need to get her phone # transferred to mine but I got the 500 min for $30 & added the 300 texts and unlimited mobile to mobile which I really needed. After tax, only $50 a month I've been paying $100 a month for 2,000 minutes & rollover but even then we were talking so much it was getting ridiculous. Split the bill in half & only $25 a month haha.

I love Fatwallet!

EDIT: Placed order 7AM this morning, just checked & says it's been shipped!!! I got the Nextel/Motorola i850 Sounds like it's one of the more decent phones compared to all others I've been reading. i870 looked nice but the i850 had overall better reviews even though there's no Bluetooth. Guess I can always get an adapter.

dhodson said: they must have a new anti-retentions dept.

I've spoken with them several times in the last few months... they claim I'm past due in the $650.xx range, and aren't satisfied with the faxed copies of canceled checks. Jeebus.

If anyone needs a referral, please PM me.

Eve6MediaHQ said: Oper said: Eve6MediaHQ said: so I paid $325 after taxes for the Treo700P

Will I be able to get the $75 Kellogs rebate and the $150 rebate?

No, unless you try...

so everyone is just doing the one rebate?

So can someone tell me why the 150$ rebate wont work for Treo700wx?
Or you saying here that you just cant combine it with the 75$?

I jumped on the deal this morning, opting for the Sanyo 8400 ($80 + tax) and the SERO 500 plan. Sprint approved the order in a couple of hours but when I called inphonics (866-424-3943) to inquire why there was no notation about porting my number (I already have Sprint but have been out of contract for years) the CSR told me that I couldn't do that on a website order and needed to call 800-300-7066 for a contract extension. He then canceled my existing order.

Confused, I called the 800 # and got a CSR with an accent that made any attempt at conversation frustrating. She had me go to the wirefly website to pick out a new phone and plan while she waited. She seemed to know nothing about the SERO plan. I ended up politely saying goodbye by telling her that my refrigerator was running and I had to catch it before it got out of sight....

Now I'm wondering if I should just place another order hoping that my number actually ports over despite the comments from the original CSR? The SERO terms clearly state that current Sprint customers, not under contract, can retain the # from their earlier plan.

Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?

When I switched to SERO last year, I ported my number directly through Sprint. They told me to allow 4 hours after going through the codes I had use to change my number. It took about 30 minutes and they had the port taken care of. YMMV, but I had better luck with Sprint over Inphonics.

please consider the reputation of InPhonic when you make your decision
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=InPhonic+cell+phone+scam&btnG=Search

Blakester said: I jumped on the deal this morning, opting for the Sanyo 8400 ($80 + tax) and the SERO 500 plan. Sprint approved the order in a couple of hours but when I called inphonics (866-424-3943) to inquire why there was no notation about porting my number (I already have Sprint but have been out of contract for years) the CSR told me that I couldn't do that on a website order and needed to call 800-300-7066 for a contract extension. He then canceled my existing order.

Confused, I called the 800 # and got a CSR with an accent that made any attempt at conversation frustrating. She had me go to the wirefly website to pick out a new phone and plan while she waited. She seemed to know nothing about the SERO plan. I ended up politely saying goodbye by telling her that my refrigerator was running and I had to catch it before it got out of sight....

Now I'm wondering if I should just place another order hoping that my number actually ports over despite the comments from the original CSR? The SERO terms clearly state that current Sprint customers, not under contract, can retain the # from their earlier plan.

Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?

No, you cannot port a Sprint number to Sero. Read the TOS. The only way around this is to port your number to a pre-paid phone first and then to your new sero account. Unless you get a CSR who doesn't have a clue.

When I switched to SERO last year, I ported my number directly through Sprint. They told me to allow 4 hours after going through the codes I had use to change my number. It took about 30 minutes and they had the port taken care of. YMMV, but I had better luck with Sprint over Inphonics.

Thanks FRGLSS, I'm just a little to wary of the complications and confusions of bringing in another round of unhappy CSR's and extended waits on hold.... I'd like to be able to trust the ease of Inphonics's on-line porting application and am wondering what luck other Sprint "free agents" have had with this easier route.

No, you cannot port a Sprint number to Sero. Read the TOS.
I did read the TOS. It clearly states that current Sprint customers who are out of contract are eligible for number portability.
I stand corrected.

I've read threads and threads on this on here and SD - all so interesting! My understanding is that if I get an A900 with SERO, I could purchase for 49.99 from InPhonics and send in the 150 rebate from Sprint for new customers/current customers and make 100 from this? I don't really need to make 100, I would just like the phone free but both Sprint and InPhonics doesn't have this phone for free at the moment.

Secondly, I already have a phone line for about 6 years now, but don't mind losing the number since I live in a different town now. Should I sign up as CURRENT customer and want a new number with 2 year sub or NEW customer and want a new number with 2 year sub?

Thanks in advance!

Blakester said: No, you cannot port a Sprint number to Sero. Read the TOS.

I did read the TOS. It clearly states that current Sprint customers who are out of contract are eligible for number portability.

Can you show me where it says that? If that is true, and it really says that in the TOS, I will update my post at SD.

Sorry Malyshka, I may have misinterpreted your earlier post on SD. My apologies.

Posted earlier by Malyshka-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
IF I ALREADY AM A SPRINT CUSTOMER, CAN I CONVERT IT TO A SERO PLAN AND KEEP MY NUMBER?
Here is what Sprint has to say about that:

The Sprint Employee Referral Offer is for new customers only. However, existing Sprint customers who are out of contract and renewing a Two-year Subscriber Agreement are also eligible for this offer. Sprint Employees who are currently employee liable and receive the 23 percent discount are eligible to swap their plan by calling the Employee Accounts Group at (888) 876 8381.

Unfortunately, new Sprint customers are able to port their number from their existing carrier to Sprint when they sign into the plan but existing customers cannot port numbers from an existing Sprint account. Therefore, existing customers still in a subscriber agreement are required to activate a new line of service with a Two-year Agreement and are issued a brand new phone number. Furthermore, an existing customer may cancel the account early but a termination fee is required if the existing account is within the contract period.

An existing customer who has fulfilled the term agreement is treated like a brand new customer and is issued a brand new phone number.

What's the best value phone to use for Internet and hooking it to laptop for wireless?

duyoken said: What's the best value phone to use for Internet and hooking it to laptop for wireless?

if by best value we mean cheapest, of the phones on the SERO site the A640 can tether, and it's free. But it doesn't seem like a very nice phone for much else; the A900 for $50 can also tether but it's a bit nicer in other aspects.

I don't understand this phone hookup to the laptop/internet for free.
We have tmobile with the data service on the phone and we pay 30/mo for it.
Will the cell phone/laptop hookup be as fast as the evdo pcmcia broadband card or not?

watchtower7 said: I don't understand this phone hookup to the laptop/internet for free.
Will the cell phone/laptop hookup be as fast as the evdo pcmcia broadband card or not?

I wouldn't think it'd be as fast, but it'd be FREE. No paying for the broadband card service. Watch out, though, some on sprint sites note that Sprint can possibly 1. check for hook-up to computer, and 2. 'ding' you massively for this, as it's not actually considered kosher...
A little bit is apparently ok, but there are tales of those who use it as their only broadband connection...

watchtower7 said: I don't understand this phone hookup to the laptop/internet for free.

Yes, it's just as fast.

LordEcount said: duyoken said: What's the best value phone to use for Internet and hooking it to laptop for wireless?

if by best value we mean cheapest, of the phones on the SERO site the A640 can tether, and it's free. But it doesn't seem like a very nice phone for much else; the A900 for $50 can also tether but it's a bit nicer in other aspects.

According to the website, the A640 is 1xRTT only - no EVDO support. if the website is correct, I do not know.

W

I've been on SERO for about the past month. I previously had a grandfathered retention plan of 2500 anytime minutes, with unlimited vision and text shared between four lines for $100. Realized I didn't need all the minutes and after 10+ calls finally was switched over to a SERO plan. You don't need to port your number if you're a current Sprint customer you just need to call until you get someone to switch you over to a SERO plan. You can try to email Sprint eCare at ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com and tell them you wanted to switch to SERO in store but they couldn't do in store and advised you to contact eCare with this code "#C SEROF&FEVDO$30.00". You can't have a shared family plan with SERO. So if you currently have one and want to switch all the lines can be switched over to SERO plans all under one account. My four lines each have a SERO plan.

Askani said: I've been on SERO for about the past month. I previously had a grandfathered retention plan of 2500 anytime minutes, with unlimited vision and text shared between four lines for $100. Realized I didn't need all the minutes and after 10+ calls finally was switched over to a SERO plan. You don't need to port your number if you're a current Sprint customer you just need to call until you get someone to switch you over to a SERO plan. You can try to email Sprint eCare at ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com and tell them you wanted to switch to SERO in store but they couldn't do in store and advised you to contact eCare with this code "#C SEROF&FEVDO$30.00". You can't have a shared family plan with SERO. So if you currently have one and want to switch all the lines can be switched over to SERO plans all under one account. My four lines each have a SERO plan.

Thanks for info. But can I have each additional line for $10 /month or do I have to pay $30 for each additional line in SERO?

mnsweeps said: Askani said: I've been on SERO for about the past month. I previously had a grandfathered retention plan of 2500 anytime minutes, with unlimited vision and text shared between four lines for $100. Realized I didn't need all the minutes and after 10+ calls finally was switched over to a SERO plan. You don't need to port your number if you're a current Sprint customer you just need to call until you get someone to switch you over to a SERO plan. You can try to email Sprint eCare at ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com and tell them you wanted to switch to SERO in store but they couldn't do in store and advised you to contact eCare with this code "#C SEROF&FEVDO$30.00". You can't have a shared family plan with SERO. So if you currently have one and want to switch all the lines can be switched over to SERO plans all under one account. My four lines each have a SERO plan.

Thanks for info. But can I have each additional line for $10 /month or do I have to pay $30 for each additional line in SERO?

$30

Anyone knows if Sanyo 8400 can tether? I haven't spent much time on the net looking but couple of google searches did not produce much...Pardon for off-topic.

Just to be clear. If I tether my Treo to my lappy, it does not count against my minutes so the data is free?

Also, what would 2000 minutes run a month?

well... i'm been calling all day trying to get the right rep to switch my current sprint account to a SERO one, no luck so far...

all the reps have been familiar with the plan, and some of them will tell me immediately that it must be done through the website.

some have had to look up the terms on the website, and then they basically read them to me...

and others have said no problem, i'll sign you up for that account, but then cant becuase they can't find it in the system. or they can but there is no option to add it... 1 guy just told me he has changed a few accounts like this a couple months ago, but it seems now that they have changed it to make it only available via the website...

has anyone had any luck recently (within the last week or so) getting switched to a SERO plan and keeping your number??

Thanks

SpendJustToSave said: It took about 36 hours for my order status to change from processing your order...then it took about 24 hours of preparing for shipment status after my order was approved by Sprint before it finally shipped.

Eve6MediaHQ said: 8 hours and still processing on my Treo 700p order. Should I be worried that I didn't get to the next step in the process?

I placed my order about 1am (20 hrs ago). Still waiting.

I went for the LG Fusik. Mp3 player with a built in FM transmitter. Awesome. After staying up way past my bedtime I settled on the LG once I saw the data sheet (from InPhonic's site) stated this phone could be tethered with the right cable and software. $49 no rebate with this plan is pretty sweet IMHO.

orentha said: well... i'm been calling all day trying to get the right rep to switch my current sprint account to a SERO one, no luck so far...

all the reps have been familiar with the plan, and some of them will tell me immediately that it must be done through the website.

some have had to look up the terms on the website, and then they basically read them to me...

and others have said no problem, i'll sign you up for that account, but then cant becuase they can't find it in the system. or they can but there is no option to add it... 1 guy just told me he has changed a few accounts like this a couple months ago, but it seems now that they have changed it to make it only available via the website...

has anyone had any luck recently (within the last week or so) getting switched to a SERO plan and keeping your number??

Thanks

It's possible but it might take some time. I signed up in-store w/ a regular plan and then switched to SERO by some CSR in India.

tracker2208 said: SpendJustToSave said: It took about 36 hours for my order status to change from processing your order...then it took about 24 hours of preparing for shipment status after my order was approved by Sprint before it finally shipped.

Eve6MediaHQ said: 8 hours and still processing on my Treo 700p order. Should I be worried that I didn't get to the next step in the process?

I went for the LG Fusik. Mp3 player with a built in FM transmitter. Awesome. After staying up way past my bedtime I settled on the LG once I saw the data sheet (from InPhonic's site) stated this phone could be tethered with the right cable and software. $49 no rebate with this plan is pretty sweet IMHO.

I think while you can tether with it, it will not be undetected. You will be charged for it. Only a few phones can tether undetected (700wx, 700 p, 6700, a900 and a920)

So I think I am going to go with the 700wx.

Correct me if I am wrong but there is 2 rebates and 1 referral coupon available?

150 rebate
75 kellogs rebate
25 referral

Hello, current sprint customer with 22 months under my belt and I want to get in on this plan and was told I could by the rep.

I talked to a sprint rep tonight over the phone and she said I can move over to the sero deal with a new 2 year contract. I asked if I could get a new phone with the 2 year discount and she said yes and was able to get me $175 off the price of the phones which made the two smart phone I was look at around $250 and $345 (more than what new customers pay) I asked if I can use rebates and she said no rebates are only for a new line of serivce to new customers and not current customers. Is what she is saying correct? Can I use the rebates?

p.s. I said well in 2 months I could just cancle (as my 24 months will be up) and I could resign up for a new line to get the rebate and she told me that cancling my service and resigning up to get the 'new line' rebate is fraud...wtf, how is that fraud...my 24 month contract would be up!

also the two phone I were looking at were PPC-6700 and the Treop ...she said not to get the Treowx... major problems with it.

Is there the same 14 day window to cancel with this plan?

I couldn't find the Kellogg cereal which has nascar on it. Can I use the copy posted online?

Blakester said: Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?Im in the middle of InPhonic/sprint hell regarding porting.

I DID note I wanted cingular # ported when getting SERO plan and phone from InPhonic. InPhonic ignored it and sent phone with new #. Then had to call sprint to get ported. Sprint rep said they couldnt port on $30 plan, needed to move to at least $39 plan to port, then could move back.

Said OK, since they confirmed there would be no fees. Im getting charged additional activation fees now for thenew plan and I cant get back on SERO. tremendous hassle. It will work out in the end Im sure, but I dont think this was worth the hassle.

Malyshka said: tracker2208 said: SpendJustToSave said: It took about 36 hours for my order status to change from processing your order...then it took about 24 hours of preparing for shipment status after my order was approved by Sprint before it finally shipped.

I think while you can tether with it, it will not be undetected. You will be charged for it. Only a few phones can tether undetected (700wx, 700 p, 6700, a900 and a920)

Craptastic. Oh well, still looks like a cool phone. I wonder if this rebate will work. It has the standard can't be combined with any other offers clause, but also says rebate can't exceed purchase amount.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Blakester said: Is there a porting notation actually shown on the invoice and/or has anyone else called to check their status and been told the same thing then actually had the number port smoothly over anyway?Im in the middle of InPhonic/sprint hell regarding porting.

I DID note I wanted cingular # ported when getting SERO plan and phone from InPhonic. InPhonic ignored it and sent phone with new #. Then had to call sprint to get ported. Sprint rep said they couldnt port on $30 plan, needed to move to at least $39 plan to port, then could move back.

Said OK, since they confirmed there would be no fees. Im getting charged additional activation fees now for thenew plan and I cant get back on SERO. tremendous hassle. It will work out in the end Im sure, but I dont think this was worth the hassle.

You spoke to an ignorant CSR. You can absolutely port to a $30 plan.

Askani said: I've been on SERO for about the past month. I previously had a grandfathered retention plan of 2500 anytime minutes, with unlimited vision and text shared between four lines for $100. Realized I didn't need all the minutes and after 10+ calls finally was switched over to a SERO plan. You don't need to port your number if you're a current Sprint customer you just need to call until you get someone to switch you over to a SERO plan. You can try to email Sprint eCare at ecare1@cc.sprintpcs.com and tell them you wanted to switch to SERO in store but they couldn't do in store and advised you to contact eCare with this code "#C SEROF&FEVDO$30.00". You can't have a shared family plan with SERO. So if you currently have one and want to switch all the lines can be switched over to SERO plans all under one account. My four lines each have a SERO plan.

Has anyone else tried this method (with the code)? That's probably the way I will try to get SERO on my existing line. Thanks!

Any luck with getting a phone and signing up for SERO in Sprint stores?

Does the Treo 700wx have GPS?

I googled and some say it does, some say it doesnt.
Can someone please confirm?

• Archived From: ForumsExpired Deals

• 14 5 678385
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.