Heavenly Bed @ 40% OFF

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • 1 234529
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here we go again! Starwood just gave their employees a 40% discount on the W Heavenly Bed and all down items. The discount expires on 8/31. This is a W / Starwood employee discount only SO DON"T CALL! If you place the order online they will honor it. Promo code: WH7G4 W Hotels

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I've had my pillowtop bed for a few weeks now, and I have the same opinion. It is awfully soft. It feels much softer to ... (more)

suginami (Oct. 06, 2008 @ 10:17a) |

Hello I just bought a qeen size Simmons beautyrest classic Madrid plush from Sleep Train in San Diego. My girlfriend an... (more)

urbajo (Nov. 29, 2008 @ 2:26a) |

Hello I just bought a qeen size Simmons beautyrest classic Madrid plush from Sleep Train in San Diego. My girlfriend an... (more)

urbajo (Nov. 29, 2008 @ 2:36a) |

Stretch Knit Cover for great comfort and feel
Top Quilting 1 oz. Bountyloft, 3/4" PurFoam, 3/4" Purfoam
Top Uphosltery 2 layers of 1" convoluted foam
Beautyrest Pocketed Coil Design
Coil Support 2 rows of Mega Edge Support coils

CAUTION: contrary to the title of this thread, none these mattresses are the Westin Heavenly bed. They are "BeautyRest Classic" models made by Simmons especially for W Hotels . They are generally considered to be good quality and the 40% off code probably represents a good deal. There is no returns accepted for any purchases, and the quoted 10 year warranty requires that you mail the mattress back to them.

Here is a FAQ I found on these beds

Q: What is the difference between the two Heavenly Beds being offered?
A: To answer this question, lets first start with a bit of history so in case you draw upon any personal experience with any of our beds, you can better understand what is being offered here and now.

The Heavenly Beds installed in our Westin Hotels right now are from two different generations. The majority of Westin Hotels have the original BeautyrestŪ bed from Simmons, equipped with a two-sided pillow top mattress, circa 1999 -2001. These particular mattresses are characteristically known to feel springy with a soft pillow top underneath and a medium-soft supporting foundation. The mattress height is 10.5" with a foundation (box spring) of 7.0". Given this is a two sided mattress, during its normal lifespan it requires a quarterly rotation (just like your car tires, this keeps the bed evenly worn). As wonderful as these beds are, they are no longer available as bed technology has changed.

The next generation of Heavenly Beds appeared circa 2001-2005. These mattresses have a taller profile height of 12.5" and taller foundation of 8.75". With new technology in fabrication and construction, these beds are single-sided, which basically means no rotation is required during its normal life. Their comfort zone is soft to firm. Soft being right under your immediate backside (2 - 3" inches deep) from the top side (pillow top), to firm support from the individual coil pocketed construction underneath. Both, the original Heavenly Bed and this newer model have hotel fire retardant ticking otherwise deeming these beds as commercial products. This model is one of the two Heavenly Beds available for purchase in this program.

In 2005 the Retail ~ Heavenly Bed joined the family of Westin beds. This model is purely a retail bed not found in our hotels, however it is made available for associate purchase. Designed for a very discerning customer, this model provides that residential look and feel for the home application. In a recently formed partnership with the Nordstrom Department Store, along with Hotels@Home, Westin sells thousands of these beds to our guests. This particular mattress has additional foam layering in the pillow top bringing the total profile height up to 13.25", while the foundation remains at 8.75". The fabric (ticking) is upgraded to a residential design with a softer hand, which clearly distinguishes it from the hotel / commercial versions in our hotels. Aside from the new profile height, its ticking and retail emblem these beds are of similar construction and specification of the popular single-sided hotel mattress. This particular Heavenly Bed proudly displays a beautifully designed Heavenly Bed Emblem at the foot of the bed. Perfect for a little show and tell with your friends.

Q: What is the difference between the Heavenly Beds and the W Hotel bed?
A: The three available beds from Simmons are all Beautyrest models. The difference (besides what is noted in the previous question) is not performance, but layers....in that the two Heavenly Beds are pillow top applications, whereas the W Hotel bed is not. They all have individual coil pocketed construction and single sided, no flip technology. All three beds are simply great beds, but for you, it will be a matter of much softness your back prefers. Read question # 5, which may help your decision.

Q: What is the difference between the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper and the Four Points by Sheraton ~ Four Comfort Bed?
A: The simple answer is nothing more than the label representing the two different brands. These two beds are identical with the exception of their individual branded soft goods package they use (e.g. ensembles: duvet, pillows and blankets - each sold separately by Hotels@Home).

Q: Are these the same beds found in the department stores?
A: Yes and No. Not to make things more difficult to understand, both manufacturers offer similar retail product in stores. Simmons has their successful Beautyrest line, while Sealy has the highly regarded Posturepedic line. Outside of the purpose built Heavenly Bed (at Nordstrom), you may find similarities to the retail products. Although, our beds do have some slight differences from coil counts, fabric ticking, profile height and construction, designed to meet our custom criteria in beds. This fact does not necessarily make one bed better or worst, just different.

Q: Which bed is better (Westin / Sheraton / Four Points / W Hotel)?
A: Of all the questions, this is the most difficult to answer. Being mindful of the fact we think all our beds are great, this question and answer becomes subjective. It really depends more upon your personal sleeping habit and need. In other words "what is good for me may not be good for you". To define the comfort of these beds, I often use a non-scientific judgment. Basically taking into account what your back might feel laying on the mattress (facing up) for the first 2-3" inches of mattress depth, and then what support lies thereafter. Avoid getting too technical on count coils, type, gage, layers, thickness, and materials... while they are all important, Starwood already made sure we had enough of everything important in our beds. What is really important is how you feel on the bed. The best approach is for you to personally test the bed when staying at one of our hotels, if possible. If not, then for what its worth use my simple rating. Caution...remember my opinion is subjective!

RATING: Topside: first 2" - 3" / Support: in mattress (box spring is considered here as well)

Westin Heavenly Bed - Original Two Side Mattress / Pillow top (No longer available)
Rating: Soft Topside, Medium-Soft Support (almost to the point of being springy)

Westin Heavenly Bed - Single Sided Hotel Commercial Version / Pillow top
Rating: Soft Topside, Firm Support

Westin Heavenly Bed - Retail Version / Pillow top
Rating: Very-Soft Topside, Firm Support

W Hotel Bed - Original Two Sided Mattress / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Soft Support (almost to point of being springy)

W Hotel Bed - Single Sided Hotel Commercial Version (Plush Top)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Firm Support

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper - Original Two Sided Version / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Firm Support

Sheraton Sweet Sleeper - Single Sided Hotel Version / Plush Top

Four Point by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed - Original Two Sided Version / Plush Top (No longer available)
Rating: Medium-Soft Topside, Medium-Firm Support

Four Point by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed - Single Sided Hotel Version / Plush Top
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

God I want one of these so bad... could upgrade my crappy twin bed with a california king heavenly bed for under 850...

Screw it, pulled the trigger on a Cali King plush top set...

837 shipped.

Thanks OP!

Anyone already have one of these? Opinion?

Can anyone using/used this pls post the review? Is this same as Westin Bed deals we have?

I am in need of King bed very badly.

I have 3 of the plush top sets (king, queen and twin). I paid $480 back in March for the twin set after 30% off, $682.50 for the queen set last September, and $906.50 for the king set last November. I can say that these are the best beds I've owned (I've owned two Sealys and a Nature's Bed before I started buying these to replace all the beds. Can't go wrong with these if you're in the market for a quality set.

SET means mattress and boxspring right? Anyone know hows the low profile boxspring?

plush top or pillow top??? any opinions?

nm

Only kind of heavenly bed I'm interested in involves Jennifer Love Hewitt

You are amazing! THANK YOU!!!

I got mine a couple of years ago and since I got it my sex life has been going down.

Every time i lay down on it, I just wanna sleep.

I think they have jacked up the price by $100. I had got the King PLUSH TOP SET for $ 1295.00 before discount and now it is $1395.00.

nm

rcrooks said: Check low profile box spring... its 1295

Nope...I got the high profile one.

What is the difference between the low and high profile box spring besides price? Which is better? or there's no difference besides height?

Good catch. They didn't change the price on the low profile Queen/King, etc. just yet. Go to those instead, if it doesn't really make a difference.... Good way to save some real money...

draju said: I think they have jacked up the price by $100. I had got the King PLUSH TOP SET for $ 1295.00 before discount and now it is $1395.00.

got the queen low profile...present bed is making my back sore.

SubTotal: $1,075.00
Total Discounts: ($430.00)
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $645.00

slycat said: got the queen low profile...present bed is making my back sore.

i need the low profile too, which one is it?

Is this curb side delivery or will they carry it up the stairs into my apartment?

Very nice bed. I got it for a while (last time they had 40% off). They will deliver the bed to where you want it, and haul away the old one if you so desire.
The old thread has extensive discussion, if you can find it.

glowie629 said: What is the difference between the low and high profile box spring besides price? Which is better? or there's no difference besides height?

just height difference....

Got the full size earlier this year,

I used to wake up twice a night because of back pains (and I'm only in my 20s!)

I kid you not I never wake up now in my bed, I sleep like a baby till the sun shines in my face. I absolutely love this bed, and altho I don't have much money being this age, I still have never regretted making this expensive investment.

kermalou said: slycat said: got the queen low profile...present bed is making my back sore.

i need the low profile too, which one is it?

i got queen plush low profile.

Entirely satisfied with my plush top Queen low profile. Yes, the installers do bring it into your house/apartment and set it up. They will call to set up a time when you are there.

sweet!!

Nemo said: Got the full size earlier this year,

I used to wake up twice a night because of back pains (and I'm only in my 20s!)

I kid you not I never wake up now in my bed, I sleep like a baby till the sun shines in my face. I absolutely love this bed, and altho I don't have much money being this age, I still have never regretted making this expensive investment.

oh man really?
the same happens to me and all this time i was thinking that it was because of the collection agencies...

thanks op i just ordered one, using my already overloaded credit card. Now take that stupid collection agencies!

My wife and I got in on this last 40% as well. Remember if you have a SPG starwood AMEX it counts for double points. Yes it's white glove inside delivery and set up. We were even moving and were able to defer delivery for a month. Most people last time got the plush top with the feather bed (or you can get a different feather bed from either costco or sams read the old thread). Ours is set up on the $34 ish sams frame that the guys who delivered it even set up for us. We love it.

SleekWallet said: thanks op i just ordered one, using my already overloaded credit card. Now take that stupid collection agencies!

Why don't ya go shopping for a sub-prime mortage while you're spending?

By the way ... for those of you shopping for King beds, the King is wider than the California King. The California King is longer.

King
Width: 76"
Length: 80"
Space Per Person: 38" x 80"

California King
Width: 72"
Length: 84"
Space Per Person: 36" x 84"

Darnnnn

They changed the "low profile box spring" as well to 1395 b4 I could make up my mind.

gungrom said: Is this curb side delivery or will they carry it up the stairs into my apartment?

They'll deliver to your floor and into your bedroom

Any thoughts on the down pillows? How soft they are, or how they compare to something from LNT or The Company Store (a soft, medium?) I don't see anything about fill number or anything like that on their site.

i ordered a queen plush low profile as well. cant freaking wait.

i close on my new condo this friday...what perfect timing.

peter84 said: Any thoughts on the down pillows? How soft they are, or how they compare to something from LNT or The Company Store (a soft, medium?) I don't see anything about fill number or anything like that on their site.

dont order the pillows, they are just average quality IMO and expensive.

Dear xxxxxx,

Your order was changed to reflect a calking plushtop low profile boxspring and your order will be charged $737.

AWESOME... I accidentally placed the order with the regular box spring... sent them an email and presto... california king plush set for 737... cant be beat

Did you guys get an order confirmation email? I haven't received mine yet.... ordered almost 2 hours ago.

telstar said: Did you guys get an order confirmation email? I haven't received mine yet.... ordered almost 2 hours ago.

Argh... had a typo in my email address, so someone else got my order confirmation. Sent an email to that guy/girl, and one to W Hotel Store to see if it can be fixed.

robby69 said: Anyone already have one of these? Opinion?
I purchased a Queen plush last go around and would have to say it is good to very good, but short of excellent. I love the independent springs (I can not even tell when the other person moves), I'm happy with the firmness (Although it was a little too firm for my side sleeping the first month or so), but what I do not like is that it is a no flip mattress (it is only finished on the top side). I'm so use to flipping mattresses, that I feel like this one could already use a good flip, but that is not possible. Only time will tell if it becomes an issue (it does have the startings of some body impressions, but at least we do not roll together like other mattresses I've had).

Skipping 1108 Messages...
Hello I just bought a qeen size Simmons beautyrest classic Madrid plush from Sleep Train in San Diego. My girlfriend and I verified the tags to be sure it was what we tried in the store but it was too soft for us after just two nights of sleeping in it. It seemed to lose the support found in the store. We went back to the store today. They allow one free exchange but I want to be sure. Is there anything that could cause the store model to be more firm than the new mattress? It seems strange. We tested the other classic models in the store and were convinced that this was the best for us. Maybe our testing methods were not long enough. Please provide any input you might have. We are both side sleepers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014