Meijer 15% discount, Sunday & Monday

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you use Meijer credit card this Sunday & Monday, yo will get 15% off on general merchandise and 5% on grocery and health products.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you don't have a Meijer Mastercard, and you sign up instore, you will get another 10% plus the 15%.

FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

Huh?

jeffc said: MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

Huh?

What part do you not understand?

Guptaji said: jeffc said: MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

Huh?

I don't think it works that way. You have to pay with Meijer Credit Card in order to get full discount.

You still have to pay off the credit card whether it be 1 cent or 50 bucks. So you might as well put it all on the card.

rajukumar said: Guptaji said: jeffc said: MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

Huh?

I don't think it works that way. You have to pay with Meijer Credit Card in order to get full discount.

You can split your payment between credit cards. The benefit of paying one penny with meijer CC and the rest with another CC is that you can get both the 15% discount and whatever Cash Back you have from the other credit card. Too much trouble IMHO but it's doable.

Can you sign up for a Meijer cc and get the 15% off immediately? Keep meaning to get one (a Meijer cc) but never get around to it.

protometal said: Can you sign up for a Meijer cc and get the 15% off immediately? Keep meaning to get one (a Meijer cc) but never get around to it.

Yes, you will get 10% off you purchase for new Meijer MC signup, plus 15% off for using your Meijer MC. You get a temporary card/number to use.
You may also want to go thru the register once with a small purchase and pay with a Visa card, before signing up for the Meijer MC. Before I got my Meijer MC, I would always get a 10% off coupon (used my Visa) that was stackable with the initial 10% & 15%. I remember I bought a PSP doing that when they first came out.

simbawang said: rajukumar said: Guptaji said: jeffc said: MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

Huh?

You can split your payment between credit cards. The benefit of paying one penny with meijer CC and the rest with another CC is that you can get both the 15% discount and whatever Cash Back you have from the other credit card. Too much trouble IMHO but it's doable.

Bingo. Some people around here are smarter than others. FYI many credit cards give 5% or more back on groceries, and Meijer is considered a grocery store whether or not you actually buy groceries.

MrStank said: FYI you don't have to use your Meijer card for the entire purchase, just put a penny on the Meijer card and the discount comes off the whole order.

No wonder Meijer is in financial trouble with stuff like this allowed to go on.

lowpricewanted said - meijer is in financial trouble?
HUH? where did you hear this? I know they are battling Wallyworld that's for sure...

As for the Credit card, I have to say I had one for 2 yers of so, and never used it till
2 weeks ago, when they had the GFM 26" LCD HDTV on sale for $399 + 20pct more off
if paid for with Meijer credit card. ($339 OTD)

Paid off the card right away, and no problems with weird/false fees 4 me.

AND I love the TV!

I Never realized that all local stations have also got HDTV signals going out that -
if your antenna can get them, they are crystal clear, AND in HD! -
Most stations also have additional SD signals going out that the HDTV will pick
up giving you more channels than usually picked up by a regular tv... (old tv got 5, new HDTV gets 10)
(U need a long (15') coax cable connected to rabbit ears toppick up the signals clearly,
as all HDTVs are computers, and we know computers/dvds etc cause interference with tv signals)

I just hope the GFM brand is reliable, and lasts a long time before needing repair! LOL

sartor said: lowpricewanted said - meijer is in financial trouble?
HUH? where did you hear this? I know they are battling Wallyworld that's for sure...

They just axed 500 managers and moved around others to lower positions. Not to mention the 2000+ employees that were let go a few years ago. They even outsourced their IT operations to India.

OH, OK...

I did know about the layoffs a while back, but had not heard of the manager layoffs recently..

thanks..

They still have 65,000 employees, so that is a small percentage of their overall picture.
They have been in business since 1934.

robby69 said: protometal said: Can you sign up for a Meijer cc and get the 15% off immediately? Keep meaning to get one (a Meijer cc) but never get around to it.

Yes, you will get 10% off you purchase for new Meijer MC signup, plus 15% off for using your Meijer MC. You get a temporary card/number to use.
You may also want to go thru the register once with a small purchase and pay with a Visa card, before signing up for the Meijer MC. Before I got my Meijer MC, I would always get a 10% off coupon (used my Visa) that was stackable with the initial 10% & 15%. I remember I bought a PSP doing that when they first came out.

I didn't get an additonal coupon, but I did get an XBox 360 Elite for about $344 after 15% off (credit card special this weekend) and 10% off (1st purchase with CC). Thanks for the info!

You definitely can do the partial payment with Meijer CC and pay the rest with other CC, cash, check, etc and still receive the discount. Ive done this plenty of times.

However there is one drawback if you are buying items with warranties: If you do not put the entire purchase on a single credit card, you lose any extended warranty benefits offered by MasterCard or Visa. The Meijer Platinum CC is a MasterCard. For expensive items (ie, electronics) the double-warranty is a sweet deal, and if youre not careful youll lose it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014