Valve Orange Box for ~20$

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
They cleared my list of games. Luckily someone bought me orange box for my birthday. I had to play the games on a different account. Valve told me to repurchase the box through the steam account I used to buy the key from Thailand and they'll clear my charge for the orange box bought by a friend on a new steam account. All is good I guess.

gok1025 said: They cleared my list of games. Luckily someone bought me orange box for my birthday. I had to play the games on a different account. Valve told me to repurchase the box through the steam account I used to buy the key from Thailand and they'll clear my charge for the orange box bought by a friend on a new steam account. All is good I guess.

All is not good, Valve still put the customer or end user through a big hassle for what was essentially a problem that did not involve them. (Valve vs. Asian retailers). In my opinion, Valve has lost a lot of Face, Respect, Goodwill, and Confidence - hard items to regain.

shadow3277 said:
Nope, they didn't even mention it. I've re-opened the ticket with just that question. Although I don't plan on buying the US version now. Just want to see what they say.

They just responded to my re-opened ticket and removed the orange box.

Ya, I reopened my ticket and Doug V. said he removed it from my account. In the end I dont see myself buying another game from Valve. And I seriously doubt they give a crap about it. In a week they will have locked enough threads and people will have moved on. Only thing I really wanted it for was for Team Fortress 2. Hellgate London comes out next week, so that should be fine for me.

His attitude enough sealed the deal.

Best of luck to you all. I will post back when I get a response from Zest.

Doug really does have some attitude, he responded with one line, not even a complete sentence, I think he was basically saying "frack off" to me.

Doug said he removed the games but they still show up... maybe there's a delay on it.

I will reluctantly still buy Orange Box at a US retail store but the days of planning to buy Valve games on the release date regardless of reviews or anything else are gone. I guess since they release a game once every 2 years and its usually good I'll keep coming back though...

Some people say they will still buy it even though they were basically screwed by valve. Personally there are so many games on the market, I don`t think I will miss much by not buying anything either valve or steam related.

They can go to hell.

cardboardbox said: Doug said he removed the games but they still show up... maybe there's a delay on it.

Yeah, a little delay. I had to log out and back in to see them removed.

People who are re-buying the games are the exact reason why Valve thinks they can pull a stunt like this.

Do not re-buy the game, get their attention by voting with your wallet.

I don't think im gonna buy orange box anymore. I'm through with VALVE and i don't want to risk buying a game and getting them all banned when i use it in different region (when i go to overseas or something). F*** no!

I don't care if they fix this or not. Valve is never getting another dime from me. I can't believe they do this to PAYING customers. Let them know how you feel, and don't forget to vote with your wallet!

Telephone:
425-889-9642

FAX:
425-827-4843

Postal address:
PO BOX 1688
Bellevue, WA 98009

http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact.html

zest has not responded to my emails regarding a refund the past 4 days....

not looking good.

Maybe it's a hassle asking for refund, or maybe it's a long process and it may take awhile. Try asking for store credit instead.....that is if you don't mind store credit.

WhatsYoFlava said: zest has not responded to my emails regarding a refund the past 4 days....

not looking good.

I bought mine though paypal and used my credit card as the method of payment. I've gotten no response from my seller so I've opened a dispute with Paypal already. If the seller doesn't respond to that, I'll escalate it to a claim, and if Paypal won't back me up, I'll just run a charge back.

got my thai orange box version removed
and now the new key worked
now for the zest refund
no reply yet but im sure there swamped

WhatsYoFlava said: zest has not responded to my emails regarding a refund the past 4 days....

not looking good.

They emailed me yesterday saying they were refunding me.

Strangely enough my ticket with them is still open.
but I am not holding my breath. lol

Anthony915 said: I bought mine though paypal and used my credit card as the method of payment. I've gotten no response from my seller so I've opened a dispute with Paypal already. If the seller doesn't respond to that, I'll escalate it to a claim, and if Paypal won't back me up, I'll just run a charge back.

Careful. If you do a charge back with your credit card, Paypal will suspend your account and freeze all money in it.

ahecht said: Anthony915 said: I bought mine though paypal and used my credit card as the method of payment. I've gotten no response from my seller so I've opened a dispute with Paypal already. If the seller doesn't respond to that, I'll escalate it to a claim, and if Paypal won't back me up, I'll just run a charge back.

Careful. If you do a charge back with your credit card, Paypal will suspend your account and freeze all money in it.

Thats why I always transfer money out the moment I get it. I've heard too many bad stories of people having their money frozen for months. I keep my balance at $0 and only pay with my credit card. Within a few hours of filing the dispute, it was closed and I had my money back. For those of you still waiting, you just have to light a fire under them. You'll get your money back.

Valve knows they're games are big sellers they just don't care.....and the orange
box is overpriced for what you get....besides it'll be in the bargain bin in a few
months.

shadow3277 said: WhatsYoFlava said: zest has not responded to my emails regarding a refund the past 4 days....

not looking good.

how long did it take for them to reply? I've been waiting almost 24 hours. I guess they might have been busy doing returns and didnt get to mine but if I dont get a reply by tomorrow morning I'm going to be annoyed.

Tacoma99 said: Valve knows they're games are big sellers they just don't care.....and the orange
box is overpriced for what you get....besides it'll be in the bargain bin in a few
months.

Exactly.., like I said in the Valve forums that I bought Darwinia for $4 at BigLots and Valve is selling it for $19.99. Much to my surprise it doesnt require Steam! so Valve cant disable it for me if they find out I paid 5x less. lol

I purchased 3 copies of this off eBay... the seller shipped it like right before he found out that we couldn't use those copies. He said he would refund everything, including shipment back.

My question for valve is... what do the people who purchased their games months ago do? They've screwed over the people who purchased their games months ago from a B&M store in Thailand/Russia (I'm sure few have done this, but that is beside the point). There is almost no way those people are going to get a refund.

FW effect on the Attorney general's website! this is ridiculous, even if i would not have bought my copy from the Thai distributor i would still be furious that Valve would do this.

cardboardbox said: shadow3277 said: WhatsYoFlava said: zest has not responded to my emails regarding a refund the past 4 days....

not looking good.

how long did it take for them to reply? I've been waiting almost 24 hours. I guess they might have been busy doing returns and didnt get to mine but if I dont get a reply by tomorrow morning I'm going to be annoyed.

I emailed them Friday.

I requested a refund from Luckito on Saturday but no reply yet. how long did others wait to get their refund from luckito?

yea im wondering how much longer i should wait before calling my cc company....

got 2 keys from zest and no email regarding any information for a refund.

WhatsYoFlava said: yea im wondering how much longer i should wait before calling my cc company....

got 2 keys from zest and no email regarding any information for a refund.

With any "normal" CC you have 90 day window to dispute.

After not getting any reply for two days, I emailed Zest and told them to reply within 24 hours or I would dispute the charge with the CC Company. Had a reply back this morning that said:

Hi!

We have contacted the bank to ask them to refund the amount back to your credit card. They will start the process soon and you should have got your refund within 7 days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

www.zest.co.th

We should boycott Valve. PIA

So how are those zest refunds comming?

I know its easy to blame Valve for this... But come on your dealing with 3rd world re-sellers, that are selling keys. its a buyer beware.

Like I explained before. Steam games will almost ALWAYS cost more then retail. Its part of the buisness. A retail store WILL not compete with steam. If steam was always cheaper, then the game would never sell in a store... It sound stupid, but in the grand money making scheme.. its the way it is.

The people that burned you are in russia and thialand. Where they knew, or should have known, that should not sell their product overseas.

Valve could have helped you guys out, sent a coupon or something...

But to say this is a Valve problem, when a 3rd part broke rules is wrong. Get mad at zest... They tried to make an even quicker buck and thought they could get away it it.

michal1980 said: So how are those zest refunds comming?

I know its easy to blame Valve for this... But come on your dealing with 3rd world re-sellers, that are selling keys. its a buyer beware.

Like I explained before. Steam games will almost ALWAYS cost more then retail. Its part of the buisness. A retail store WILL not compete with steam. If steam was always cheaper, then the game would never sell in a store... It sound stupid, but in the grand money making scheme.. its the way it is.

The people that burned you are in russia and thialand. Where they knew, or should have known, that should not sell their product overseas.

But to say this is a Valve problem, when a 3rd part broke rules is wrong. Get mad at zest... They tried to make an even quicker buck and thought they could get away it it.

I'm tired of trying to explain it to people that have no clue. So I won't even try again. It's over.

Valve pulled the games from our accts and hopefully most of us have been refunded or will be refunded.

To come into this thread at this point, with your mentality, is lame. Go over to the Valve forum and post your love for Valve to the fanboys over there. They are equally as clueless so you should fit in well.

nothing from Zest yet. I'm sending another email now and if I dont hear back from them by Friday I'll be calling my credit card bank.

There used to be a list of the regionally restricted games on Steam support. It seems they removed it. I don't remember Half Life 2 games being included on that list. So people do have a right to be angry at valve.

got my e-mail from zest about a refund, should be given in 7 days. Zest is ok in my book and i will buy from them again if i cant download the game or need a legit key for any other non valve game
now as far as valve goes they are horrible! not just this incident , i had an issue about 6 months after i bought CS:S where my game would lock up because of a steam.dll issue and god only knows what else. (steam forum was loaded with users plagued with this issue also, threads deleted, post's removed) anyway i tried everything they said for a fix with no luck i reloaded my machine a few times doing nothing but basics and no luck, i kept requesting assistance from open tickets that got no useful help. i requested my money back and was denied from valve. i gave them my event log files, screen shots of the error, detailed descriptions of the issue, i used their diagnostics, anything i could give them i did! and then a year later!!!!! it just works... same pc, same hardware, pretty much same drivers even the old ones worked now, BUT i never even got an e-mail saying "hey, we finally fixed your issue, go have fun now!" what a joke valve is!

I sent an e-mail to Zest asking if it's possible to get in-store credit instead as I wanted to get a copy of STALKER. I told them I'm willing to pay the differences plus shipping fee. No reply from zest -_-;

shadow3277 said: michal1980 said: So how are those zest refunds comming?

I'm tired of trying to explain it to people that have no clue. So I won't even try again. It's over.

Valve pulled the games from our accts and hopefully most of us have been refunded or will be refunded.

To come into this thread at this point, with your mentality, is lame. Go over to the Valve forum and post your love for Valve to the fanboys over there. They are equally as clueless so you should fit in well.

I'm just tired of this new f.w. thinking. "Blame everyone but the people responsible".

Let me put this simply.

Zest Sold you BAD keys.

Do you have a copy of Zests sale argreement? No? ok piss off now

michal1980 said: I'm just tired of this new f.w. thinking. "Blame everyone but the people responsible".

Let me put this simply.

Zest Sold you BAD keys.

I'm not sure I understand your argument. Are you saying that they sold us "fake" cd keys or what? Up until a few days ago, all of our cd keys were legit and working fine. Then an FW member pointed out this thread to Valve and they shut them all down. If you bothered to read the previous posts or the thread that was locked down in the valve forums, you would know that our biggest problem was in the way Valve handled the situation. All in all, Zest actually provided good customer service. They responded quickly with e-mails, provided great prices and is definitely a "3rd world vendor" I could trust with a future purchase. If you're gonna try to argue your point, why don't you make your point more clear. If you want to understand the situation we're in, try reading previous posts or find a cached page of the thread in the Valve forums instead of jumping in at the end and saying "I told you so" like a school kid.

edit: btw, did anybody catch this thread? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615697 I don't know why, but it made me LOL. Go tin go!

Dustbunny said:
I'm just tired of this new f.w. thinking. "Blame everyone but the people responsible".

Let me put this simply.

Zest Sold you BAD keys.

Sorry Dustbunny, I don't understand. Can you repeat?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014