• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
So i just spent a fair amount of time looking for a replacement battery for my apc ups backup pro 420

I wanted the same model of battery, as the one i have lasted 8 years (bb7-12) and did not want to take a chance on some other brand.

I did not want an "equivalent" battery. Though several sites SEEMED to have lower prices, when you factored in shipping eBatts.com came in lowest by about 10% PLUS you get 8% CashBack .

So..if you need a ups battery, i suspect eBatts.com is the way to go.
Here is their link, but make sure you use the link from CashBack and coupons..

Text

10% off code: CJ99

or GLE10

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a good deal.

For mine I use Optima marine batteries from costco for $80. They are large and independent of the ups units, but can't beat them for value and backup time.

I recently replaced all my UPS batteries, and after lots of searching chose Arizona Battery.
They had some of the lowest prices for the 2 types of batteries I needed, and they shipped quickly for a reasonable price.
Not crapping on the OP's post, just tossing in another option that worked well for me.

Well..i did check about 7 stores..but not arizona battery. arizona is about 24.72 for my battery, wheras eBatts was 26.96 +8% CashBack (2.15) comes to $24.81.

So the both look in the same ball bark. Of course that was using a 10% off code with eBatts also and also factoring in CashBack.

Thanks ..next time i buy i will check out arizona too. As that may be the better deal depending on the batteries you are getting.

Dejapooh said: So i just spent a fair amount of time looking for a replacement battery for my apc ups backup pro 420

I wanted the same model of battery, as the one i have lasted 8 years (bb7-12) and did not want to take a chance on some other brand.

I did not want an "equivalent" battery.

I don't see where you are told you are getting an 'exact' match to the battery you have now. BB-Battery is a particular mfgr that APC uses, but they also use Panasonic and CSB.

Just today as a matter of fact I put in new CSB batteries in 4 of our UPS's at work - all APC and what came out where the 3 brands above.

2 years ago I rebuilt our APC Symmetra battery packs (4 packs, 10 qty 12V 7.2AH batteries in each). Those were built by APC with panasonic batteries.

The 12V 7AH'ish is a common size.

Just letting you know.

Dave

Gruberpower is an excellent source of quality batteries.

I just bought a couple raw 12V 18Ah for my APC UPS 1400 from Gruber.
From Arizona these are $40 each, from Gruber just $32 each, shipping was the same from each $17 for the pair.

eBatts doesn't seem to sell the raw battery, they sell the drop in replacement with new connectors for $149 -10% -8% -> $123.

$81 total from Gruber so I save $40 if I reuse the cables...

I also purchased a couple raw 12V 12Ah batteries for the kids "power wheels" from Gruber for $27 each. These will take a bit more work to reuse the existing cables since the OEM batteries come with connectors and self resetting fuse epoxied in. But I save 50% off the OEM battery that didn't last as long as it really should. By redoing the wires I can create my own charger cable and use a better charger that should give the battery a longer life.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014