• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Southern California Vons and Pavilons have "2 for 1" tickets, good for admission to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure on two different days for the price of a single ticket ($66 for adults 10 and older and $56 for children 3 - 9). Sounds like a good deal to me but I do have one question... Does anyone know if they ask for SoCal resident ID when you buy the tickets at Vons/Pavilons or do you show ID at Disneyland prior to entrance? Thanks to anyone who can tell me!

visit either Disneyland® Park or Disney's California Adventure® Park and come back on another day to the other Park for FREE. Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000 to 93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000 to 22999. Proof of residency required for admission. Admission valid for one day at Disneyland® Park and another day at Disney's California Adventure® Park, but not for both parks on the same day. Tickets are valid 30 days from first use. First use must occur between January 7, 2008 and April 24, 2008. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to eight tickets per person per day with valid identification. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer not valid before January 7, 2008. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I would love to know the answer to this question--Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use, but if a friend buys them (friend a resident) and you use them (you are not a resident), it is not "breaking the rules" stipulated on the ticket, right?

While it may not be what they intend, buying them for a friend would not violate the written exlusion, as one would assume your friend would not be trying to make a profit off of you. Thus it would not be commercial use.

But I would suspect Disney may be the ones who check ID - you probably buy a voucher and use that to pick up the actual tickets. Anyone with an answer?

meltowne said: While it may not be what they intend, buying them for a friend would not violate the written exlusion, as one would assume your friend would not be trying to make a profit off of you. Thus it would not be commercial use.

But I would suspect Disney may be the ones who check ID - you probably buy a voucher and use that to pick up the actual tickets. Anyone with an answer?

I don't think all women want to lug around their purse while at DL so not everyone would have an ID. How could the force proof of residence?

dezigner1 said: Southern California Vons and Pavilons have "2 for 1" tickets, good for admission to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure on two different days for the price of a single ticket ($66 for adults 10 and older and $56 for children 3 - 9). Sounds like a good deal to me but I do have one question... Does anyone know if they ask for SoCal resident ID when you buy the tickets at Vons/Pavilons or do you show ID at Disneyland prior to entrance? Thanks to anyone who can tell me!

visit either Disneyland® Park or Disney's California Adventure® Park and come back on another day to the other Park for FREE. Tickets valid for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000 to 93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000 to 22999. Proof of residency required for admission. Admission valid for one day at Disneyland® Park and another day at Disney's California Adventure® Park, but not for both parks on the same day. Tickets are valid 30 days from first use. First use must occur between January 7, 2008 and April 24, 2008. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to eight tickets per person per day with valid identification. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions. Offer not valid before January 7, 2008. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.


Hope this helps out of staters, I was working in Pasadena,CA back in 2006, I live and reside in Chicago, Il. I asked the manager @ Burbank,CA store off the 5 hwy (think it was a Von's, across the street from ChuckECheese), he guaranteed that you could use these and would refund price of tickets if they didn't accept them. My family came down and we had no problems getting into both places on this deal. My wife did get worried when you showed the tickets, they were asking people for a survey what your zip code was, so we just gave them a So Cal zip. I should add that the store never cared that I was out of state, even though I told them I was and Disney never asked or checked for any ids at either park.

Thanks.

It's a good deal.

However when I bought the 4 day pass ($129 good for a year) from Costco for SoCal residents. On 2 visits they asks to see our CA drivers licenses. On the 4 day deal, you turned in the ticket from Costco and were given back a ticket with your name at bottom. Likely they were checking for the name on the ticket. Like always YMMV.

FWIW: Last two years, we bought these tickets (we are So Cal residents) and they did not check our home address on entry. I never bought the Costco deal, so the rules may be different for that.

We bought the Costco tickets. The first time you use it, you will have to go to the ticket booth to show your ID and get a ticket with your name on it. They do check IDs every time at the gate.

keep in mind that you have to go to the adventure park on one of the 2 days. this park is meant for older kids and is more of a park for the rides. this 2fer doesn't work for our family with a 3 yr old...

I went to DL last weekend. They did not check id when we entered California advanture next day.

Same here. I just got back from Disneyland and bought my tickets at Vons. They didn't check ID at Vons or at the gates.

i was there from 4/3- 4/4 and no id check at all,

By the way, you can get the same deal at the Disneyland front gate. Just show SoCal ID and you get the same twofer ticket. And, if you decide you want to come back to Disneyland, and not American Adventure park, for another day, they'll let you go back to the ticket office (at the front gate) and pay the extra $25 to upgrade to the 2 Day Parkhopper pass so you can return to Disneyland anytime within 30 days. Here's a cut and paste from the D-Land website:

Southern California Resident Salute 2-Day Park Hopper® Ticket



Upgrade your 2fer! For $25 more, you can upgrade your 2fer ticket to a 2-Day Park Hopper®. Visit both parks on the same day for two days. Just for Southern California residents!

Just went this past saturday. Bought the tix at Vons ahead of time. they did not ask for ID at the gate.

Can someone tell me which gift card to buy from Vons? I went into the store to look for this 2fer and couldn't find it. NOt sure it if is supposed to show it's a 2fer on the gift card or not. Can someone explain which one I'm supposed to buy? I'm also under the impression that I can purchase them at the gate and do I just tell them I'm a Southern California resident and would like the 2fer offer? Please advise.

Thank you!

leivasfamily said: Can someone tell me which gift card to buy from Vons? I went into the store to look for this 2fer and couldn't find it. NOt sure it if is supposed to show it's a 2fer on the gift card or not. Can someone explain which one I'm supposed to buy? I'm also under the impression that I can purchase them at the gate and do I just tell them I'm a Southern California resident and would like the 2fer offer? Please advise.

Thank you!
the reason this thread is in the "expired deals" section is because......it expired back in april. there may be other 2-for-1 deals for disney but most of the deals expired before the peak summer season. your best bet may be to visit one of the many disney forums such as mousesavers.com for the current deals.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014