• 1 234
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Link to Offer

Wii Version, Game Refund
Guitar HeroŽ III: Legends of Rock

We understand that some consumers have not been able to enjoy the full audio output in the Wii version of Guitar HeroŽ III: Legends of Rock. Activision has worked with Nintendo to re-master the game and provide a replacement disc to consumers with Dolby digital surround sound and other consumers experiencing audio issues. We believe that the replacement disc should enable you to enjoy the full experience with the game and continue in the great tradition of the Guitar Hero games that have been available to date. However, in order to insure that all of our customers are completely satisfied, Activision is offering a full refund as an alternative. The full refund will be in the amount of $132.00, which covers the average retail price of the game plus average shipping costs.

If you wish to receive a full refund on your purchase price instead of a replacement disc,
please follow the instructions below:

1. Complete this form and send a copy of the form with your return no later than August 31, 2008.
2 Keep one copy of the form for your records.
3. Place all of the required items (listed below) and the refund form in an appropriately sized box. We recommend you use your original Guitar HeroŽ III: Legend of Rock packaging for shipping. Please be sure to remove your Wii Remote prior to packing the Guitar Controller.
4. Send the box via traceable means using a shipper that provides a tracking number to our Refund Center listed below. We suggest using UPS 3-day commercial as your refund will include the cost of shipping using this method. We do not recommend using the U.S. Post Office, because they do not provide specific tracking data. This tracking number will be your only proof of delivery.

Guitar Controller
Guitar Strap
Game disc in original clamshell packaging

Please send all contents, including a copy of this form to the following address via UPS 3-day:
Dept # 103709
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Game Refund
1120 W. Warner Rd.
Tempe, AZ 85284

Upon receipt of your package, we will inspect it to ensure that all required items have been included and then process the return. In this instance, no items received in the return package will be sent back to you. We will attempt to process all validated refund requests within 3-4 weeks of receipt by the Refund Center. If your return package is not complete, your entire package will be returned to you with a letter indicating what items were missing. You can view the status of your game refund at activision.rebatestatus.com or by calling 888.788.4931.

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

cookswv (Mar. 16, 2009 @ 10:12a) |

For those still waiting, start a ticket:
http://activision.custhelp.com

NOTE: They need the UPS/Fedex tracking number.

De... (more)

SpinControl (Mar. 19, 2009 @ 10:29a) |

I just finally received a $132 Visa gift card, so there is hope for those who have not yet received your rebate. Ive be... (more)

rej24 (Apr. 10, 2009 @ 10:50a) |

OP, do not use 3 day shipping, you will not receive any more money than $132 (as terms state it already includes avg cost of return shipping - suggestion: use UPS Ground with full insurance)

UPDATE as of 5/12/08
The terms were updated on their .PDF form, the last 2nd to last line has been changed as follows (changes in BOLD):

If your return package is not complete, or if your return pakcage exceeds the limit of one refund per person/mailing address, your entire package will be returned to you with a letter indicating what items were missing or that it exceeded the permissible number of refund requests.
Staff Summary

rated:
Interesting deal. I wonder how much shipping would be. Anyone got an estimate? I don't have the box here to measure and weigh otherwise I'd do it myself.

If I could make $20+ it might be worth the hassle to return/rebuy, especially if TRU runs their $69.99 promotion again (which would turn the $20 into $40 since you're saving $20 with the rebuy, but don't forget about tax)...

rated:
wfay said: Interesting deal. I wonder how much shipping would be. Anyone got an estimate? I don't have the box here to measure and weigh otherwise I'd do it myself.

If I could make $20+ it might be worth the hassle to return/rebuy, especially if TRU runs their $69.99 promotion again (which would turn the $20 into $40 since you're saving $20 with the rebuy, but don't forget about tax)...

We suggest using UPS 3-day commercial as your refund will include the cost of shipping using this method. I would say check with the rebate center to see if shipping would be refunded.

P.S. Busy searching CL and eBay for used guitar.

rated:
Holy cow, is this for real? $132 refund for something that any fatwalleter wouldn't pay more than $90 for?

Sounds to me like a better option than waiting 3-4 weeks for a replacement disc (which may possibly get scratched in the mail). I'm just iffy on the full details.

On the same note, are all current retail packages of GH3 remastered for the correct audio?

rated:
i'm not a saint, but it seems buying this to return it is a bit dishonest (if that's what people are talking about)

rated:
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything stating they required proof of purchase or limiting it to one rebate per person/household. So, in theory, you could buy a bunch of them on sale and return them for a profit. I wouldn't do it, but I'm betting a few people on here would.

rated:
Now I wish I had jumped on the $69.99 TRU deal...

rated:
No one smells scam? LOL, eBay will be flooded with used Wii Guitars soon. If the problem is with the disc, why not just send owners a new disc in exchange for the old one. Why would I have to send back a big plastic guitar just to get money so I can buy a new one? This has got to be bogus.

rated:
sweet! but where does it say $135?
can i got to toysrus and grab more?
I have a new one unopened at home! maybe i should open it and play it for a couple times b4 return it

rated:
Greygooser said: i'm not a saint, but it seems buying this to return it is a bit dishonest (if that's what people are talking about)
No, I'm talking about returning the one I have (with bad disc etc) and then using the proceeds to buy a new one (with fixed disc etc) and keeping the difference.

I agree its a bit crazy to buy them just for the purposes of returning them. That would be a waste of my time, personally, and a bit sad.

rated:
I called Activision....the program is true.

My green key was sticking since I bought it. I've been trying to exchange it (@ BB) but they've been out of stock every time I've attempted. I guess in this case it "pays" to be patient.

I always though this GH3 kit was a rip off for the wii...more expensive than 360 and ps2/3 and it doesnt even come with a wiimote.

Any money I make off this deal will offset my LOSS with my HD-DVD Player!

rated:
halfwind said: wfay said: Interesting deal. I wonder how much shipping would be. Anyone got an estimate? I don't have the box here to measure and weigh otherwise I'd do it myself.

We suggest using UPS 3-day commercial as your refund will include the cost of shipping using this method. I would say check with the rebate center to see if shipping would be refunded.

P.S. Busy searching CL and eBay for used guitar.

The full refund will be in the amount of $132.00, which covers the average retail price of the game plus average shipping costs.

My interpretation is they esimate the $132 should cover roughly $90 for the game, local sales tax, plus shipping back to them. I'm just wondering how much it will really cost to ship the box.

rated:
cyfan said: No one smells scam? LOL, eBay will be flooded with used Wii Guitars soon. If the problem is with the disc, why not just send owners a new disc in exchange for the old one. Why would I have to send back a big plastic guitar just to get money so I can buy a new one? This has got to be bogus.

I couldnt agree more. sounds like a scam

rated:
It does not look like a scam. This offer is mentioned on the disk swap page at the bottom:

link

rated:
Address is for Continental Promotion Group, a rebate fulfiller. So its probably legit.

rated:
It is NOT a scam. Activision's support site has links to that website.

rated:
I sold 9 of these on fleaby before Christmas. I shipped them all over the country FedEx Ground and it was average $10 for shipping.

rated:
does anyone know when the new guitars are to be in the stores? My step son would have a fit if I sent his guitar in without having a replacement!

rated:
For all those doubting if this is a scam, read below.

activisiongameexchange.com
whois.markmonitor.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ACTIVISIONGAMEEXCHANGE.COM
Registrar: MARKMONITOR INC.
Whois Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Referral URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Name Server: NS0.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS2.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS3.ACTIVISION.COM
Name Server: NS5.ACTIVISION.COM
Updated Date: 27-dec-2007
Creation Date: 27-dec-2007
Expiration Date: 27-dec-2009

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:29:53 UTC <<<

Registrant:
Activision Publishing, Inc
(DOM-1730557)
3100 Ocean Park Blvd. Santa Monica
CA
90405 US

Domain Name: activisiongameexchange.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
Mary Tuck
(NIC-14481845)
CA
90405 US
domains@activision.com +1.3102552000 Fax- +1.3102552152
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Mary Tuck
(NIC-14481845)
CA
90405 US
domains@activision.com +1.3102552000 Fax- +1.3102552152

Created on..............: 2007-Dec-27.
Expires on..............: 2009-Dec-27.
Record last updated on..: 2007-Dec-27 10:45:47.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS0.ACTIVISION.COM
NS2.ACTIVISION.COM
NS3.ACTIVISION.COM
NS5.ACTIVISION.COM

rated:
LoriSan said: does anyone know when the new guitars are to be in the stores? My step son would have a fit if I sent his guitar in without having a replacement!
You have until August to mail it in, so just wait a month or two and then worry about it.

rated:
after some research, looks like its legit.

rated:
cyfan said: No one smells scam? LOL, eBay will be flooded with used Wii Guitars soon. If the problem is with the disc, why not just send owners a new disc in exchange for the old one. Why would I have to send back a big plastic guitar just to get money so I can buy a new one? This has got to be bogus.
Activision has 2 offers for people who have bought GH3 Wii which is defective:
1. You can send in just the disc, and they will send you a replacement. No funds are exchanged and you will be without your game for 2 weeks or so.
2. You can send in the disc plus the guitar, and they will send you a "full refund". This is to avoid future lawsuits from people who claim that Activision knew about the problem and refused to give the money back to people who decided that simply replacing the disc was insufficient for the "damages" they suffered. So Activision is trying to make them whole.

This is a real deal and no scam. Quit spreading lies you've made up in your head and get a clue.

rated:
wfay said: LoriSan said: does anyone know when the new guitars are to be in the stores? My step son would have a fit if I sent his guitar in without having a replacement!
You have until August to mail it in, so just wait a month or two and then worry about it.

They're giving way too much time for this one. They will probably have to end it early, I bet people will end up abusing this.

rated:
I have 8 guitars sitting in garage that I got from TRS.. ship all 8?

rated:
tonawandajohn said: cyfan said: No one smells scam? LOL, eBay will be flooded with used Wii Guitars soon. If the problem is with the disc, why not just send owners a new disc in exchange for the old one. Why would I have to send back a big plastic guitar just to get money so I can buy a new one? This has got to be bogus.

I couldnt agree more. sounds like a scam

Did you two even try reading the offer and who it was from?

rated:
Looks like I will be returning my for the refund. I dont even play it anymore.

rated:
I have sold ~45-50 of these. average s/h is ~6.20 for me with DHL with $100 insurance.
mstudlee said: I sold 9 of these on fleaby before Christmas. I shipped them all over the country FedEx Ground and it was average $10 for shipping.

rated:
reminice said: Looks like I will be returning my for the refund. I dont even play it anymore.
Same here... Then if I change my mind in a few months and decide I want it, I can buy it again, or just get the GH Aerosmith that's coming out later this year which will probably have its own guitar.

How much do you want to bet that Activision will be selling these as used on eBay in a couple months with a copy of the updated disc for like $60?

rated:
I just purchased from BB yesterday. I'll give it a shot and see how much I like the game. Either way it is nice to be able to send back for a profit before re-buying. Cheers!

rated:
is there a limit? or can't I just buy a bunch of used ones and return them for the whole $132 and make a profit?

rated:
Greygooser said: i'm not a saint, but it seems buying this to return it is a bit dishonest (if that's what people are talking about)

LOL, this is FW

FWers are always walking along the line of ethics

rated:
ebutash said: I called Activision....the program is true.

My green key was sticking since I bought it. I've been trying to exchange it (@ BB) but they've been out of stock every time I've attempted. I guess in this case it "pays" to be patient.

I always though this GH3 kit was a rip off for the wii...more expensive than 360 and ps2/3 and it doesnt even come with a wiimote.

Any money I make off this deal will offset my LOSS with my HD-DVD Player!

Thank you Jesus!! Finally a HD DVD user that is willing to admit the truth.

rated:
maybe a dumb question, but how do you know if you have the stereo version or not

thanks for the help

rated:
Trying to take advantage of a company that is going out of their way to make things right with their customers sucks IMO. No Deal...

rated:
ab2650 said: Holy cow, is this for real? $132 refund for something that any fatwalleter wouldn't pay more than $90 for?

Sounds to me like a better option than waiting 3-4 weeks for a replacement disc (which may possibly get scratched in the mail). I'm just iffy on the full details.

On the same note, are all current retail packages of GH3 remastered for the correct audio?

On the return they send you the new disc first, then you return your old one. No down time. Definitely they easiest option, if all you're looking for is Dolby surround sound support.

rated:
malicefairy said: ab2650 said: Holy cow, is this for real? $132 refund for something that any fatwalleter wouldn't pay more than $90 for?

On the return they send you the new disc first, then you return your old one. No down time. Definitely they easiest option, if all you're looking for is Dolby surround sound support.

No, they send you packaging to send your disk back. Then they say to wait 3-4 weeks before you get the replacement.

rated:
is there a limit on how many you can send?

rated:
lazybummm said: Greygooser said: i'm not a saint, but it seems buying this to return it is a bit dishonest (if that's what people are talking about)

LOL, this is FW

FWers are always walking along the line of ethics

More like skipping back and forth across it.

rated:
kingofms said: is there a limit on how many you can send?Call and ask... but don't be a jerk and ruin this by sending in 10 new unopened boxes, that would just be rude.

Skipping 97 Messages...
rated:
I just finally received a $132 Visa gift card, so there is hope for those who have not yet received your rebate. Ive been hounding them since Sept. Your best bet is to use SpinControl's method above.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014